All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Re: Ayoub guarantees Milford will be in Canberra in 2014

Post by Captain Punish »

Exactly. Nothing will be done.

Us making a stand is pointless as it will do nothing to solve any issues. Fighting for the mere fact to just be a **** gets us nothing more than if we don't.

Standing firm will have just as negative reactions against us as accepting and letting go. It's just deciding what is the lesser of two evils.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Worm wrote:
Standing firm will have just as negative reactions against us as accepting and letting go. It's just deciding what is the lesser of two evils.
Hopefully fighting it will draw attention to the broncos and Ayoubs dirty dealings and bring this crap to a head.

What's the saying, "evil prospers when good men do nothing."
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

I don't see how it will paint us in a negative way at all

It's only the CM journo who is having a go at us , the rest are siding with us

We need to stand firm , I'm sick of people walking away from contracts with no consequence and so are many

Milford either turns up for training or doesn't get paid or play anywhere else as he will be breaching his contract.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Worm wrote:Exactly. Nothing will be done.

Us making a stand is pointless as it will do nothing to solve any issues. Fighting for the mere fact to just be a **** gets us nothing more than if we don't.

Correct. We need to make a choice between two very ordinary options.

He's a weasel who is still doing everything he can to get out of our contract for next season. Some players can move on and be a professional about it, Anthony Milford obviousy cannot. He is too young and there is too much water under the bridge. We don't need people like that around our playing group. It's not worth it and it'll end in tears IMO.

FTR I think we need to stand firm on the contract, but I don't think he should be part of our playing squad next season.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Seiffert82 wrote:
Worm wrote:Exactly. Nothing will be done.

Correct. We need to make a choice between two very ordinary options.

He's a weasel who is still doing everything he can to get out of our contract for next season. Some players can move on and be a professional about it, Anthony Milford obviousy cannot. He is too young and there is too much water under the bridge. We don't need people like that around our playing group. It's not worth it and it'll end in tears IMO.

FTR I think we need to stand firm on the contract, but I don't think he should be part of our playing squad next season.
It's got to the point where there's no turning back for Milford

He won't turn up for the Raiders , he's made that clear
robtheraider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Post by robtheraider »

Manbush wrote:
Worm wrote:
Hopefully fighting it will draw attention to the broncos and Ayoubs dirty dealings and bring this crap to a head.

What's the saying, "evil prospers when good men do nothing."
i prefer "time wounds all heels"
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by BigPapa »

Manbush wrote:
Nick wrote:I like Milford as the name
It's my least favorite of the 3, I prefer Milfarce and Lui's new Milfedit
What about Turncoat Tony :hmmm
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I think most people don't want him playing. The disagreement is over what to do with him.

We can't just let him go. Hopefully he will dig his heels in and refuse to play and sit himself out for the season. If he doesn't do that and the Raiders are concerned about his influence take him out of the FG squad and put him back with the NYC team with all the rules that come with it.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I like the name ' weasel' for him
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
ForeverMcCrone
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: #Forever McCrone

Post by ForeverMcCrone »

Manbush wrote:
Nick wrote:I like Milford as the name
It's my least favorite of the 3, I prefer Milfarce and Lui's new Milfedit
I prefer MILFARCE it meant I could change my avatar too ;-)

It's also given me an idea for a new signature
Last edited by ForeverMcCrone on November 30, 2013, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

To me, the disparity between Ayoub and Milford's statements is down to the fact that Ayoub has to work in the future negotiating contracts where as young Anthony knows his talent will out. Ayoub has to say the contract stands and he will show up as, if he doesn't, his reputation is shot, whereas Anthony can continue to play the role as the homesick kid who is being held against his will by beastly horrid vikings. Milford knows, like Dugan and Fergo, that if he poisons the water enough, his position as a Raider, as far as the team and the fans go, becomes untenable and will likely see us cut our losses and release him. As the Canberra Times article says, it will be a difficult task to establish faith in him again. I don't see how that works out positively for us but, no way do I want him or the Broncos to get what they want. Time to take a stand. No release, 600 pushups a day over in the naughty corner, and off to court if he doesn't show up.
Perhaps Papa and Mal can talk him around to give it one last shot? (that's the unremitting poso in me poking it's head out)
Last edited by Chickas shoe on November 30, 2013, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grün Maschine
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Grün Maschine »

After all the ASADA **** cronulla went through this year they still put in a decent effort. Melbourne were stripped of there premierships in 2010 and became minor premiers the year after. A lot of teams go through some tough times and still manage to pull through it with decent results.

Why do we fall to **** every time we recieve some negative press?

Last years fall from grace is a good example.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Grün Maschine wrote:After all the ASADA **** cronulla went through this year they still put in a decent effort. Melbourne were stripped of there premierships in 2010 and became minor premiers the year after. A lot of teams go through some tough times and still manage to pull through it with decent results.

Why do we fall to **** every time we recieve some negative press?

Last years fall from grace is a good example.
The difference I see is that both the Storm and Sharks were attacked from the outside as a team

We are been attack by an individual(s) from within

Not saying the boys should be more mentally tougher and more professional
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

I think I'd rather watch Josh McCrone than Anthony Milford in 2014.
#BoneMcCrone
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Rodman wrote:I think I'd rather watch Josh McCrone than Anthony Milford in 2014.
Its sad how we have had 3 talented players , favourites and they have all ***** us over
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Ayoub guarantees Milford will be in Canberra in 2014

Post by Captain Punish »

The reality is he is not coming back.

He won't turn up to training whether we have a iron clad personally written in blood decleration from the man himself to play out 2014 in Canberra. So the option of our choice what to do with him is moot.

It comes down to what the club sees as the best way to come out of this whole situation.

We fight it out in court and make a massive issue of this only ends in him not turning up to training, fixing our hand to sack him, and the NRL once again doing little and in Dugan form sees Milford lining up for the Broncs by round 10.

We don't fight it now, sees Milford not turn up to training, we seek some level of compensation that we won't get if we fight it as he will just do a Fergo and not show, we end this circus and we move on.

Yes, he ends up playing for the Broncs, but he will either way. He will not come back to the club in either option and he will not be forced to sit out the year because the NRL won't intervene. That is a given.
Last edited by Captain Punish on November 30, 2013, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Rodman wrote:I think I'd rather watch Josh McCrone than Anthony Milford in 2014.
This saga has reach new depths :(
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
yarnos20
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yarnos20 »

Green eyed Mick wrote:I really don't know why anyone thinks the Raiders will cop it over this one. Brisbane have done the dirty on the Raiders and everyone knows it, including the NRL.

Personally I would like to see a more organised media and club driven campaign to address this. Starting with a code of ethics for player managers. If this issues highlights one thing it is the need for player managers to be held accountable when they blatantly undermine contracts.
They won't cop it from anyone outside of QLD... Maybe if Barba hadn't already been poached by the Broncos then maybe we would see people looking at the Raiders as being bullies, but the fact is everyone is now aware of the Broncos shady tactics. From planting seeds about DCE to Barba now Milford everyone who isn't a broncos fan knows that if we let this slide it is going to set a really bad precedent for the future.

Worst case senario it creates debate in mainstream media and with a bit of luck the NRL does something to stop this trend.... (Unlikely, I know).

And FWIW Milford is a winner for me...
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Send him to play in the Canberra Cup, and make sure the club we send him to plays him as a prop
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

The attitude he is picking up has made me come to this, milfergo.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Worm wrote:The reality is he is not coming back.

He won't turn up to training whether we have a iron clad personally written in blood deceleration from the man himself to play out 2014 in Canberra. So the option of our choice what to do with him is moot.

It comes down to what the club sees as the best way to come out of this whole situation.

We fight it out in court and make a massive issue of this only ends in him not turning up to training, fixing our hand to sack him, and the NRL once again doing little and in Dugan form sees Milford lining up for the Broncs by round 10.

We don't fight it now, sees Milford not turn up to training, we seek some level of compensation that we won't get if we fight it as he will just do a Fergo and not show, we end this circus and we move on.

Yes, he ends up playing for the Broncs, but he will either way. He will not come back to the club in either option and he will not be forced to sit out the year because the NRL won't intervene. That is a given.
If he doesn't come back so what. The Raiders don't have to sack him, they don't have to pay him and they don't have to release him.

He can't just play for Brisbane because he wants to.

I am not sure you are getting this important piece of the puzzle. The only people that can force the Raiders to release him are the NRL and there is no chance that will happen because Milford has no grounds to be released and a financial inducement from the Broncs. 15 teams would blow up deluxe if the NRL endorsed the Broncs offering financial inducements for players to break contracts.

Like Don said months ago. Milford plays for the Raiders or he doesn't play at all.

There is obviously the opportunity for things to change as season 2014 gets underway. But at the moment I tend to think Don is on the money.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

I just believe from a general point of view this will have a hell of a lot worse backlash than the Dugan/Fergo fiascos. If we were going to prove a point, they were the ones to do it to. They were the ones to hold without pay, to not sack etc..

We as a club have created this. By being way too lenient in the past to players that did not show the right level of commitment in return. And now, we have a bloke, who for all intents and purposes I see why he would stretch the truth to get the sumptuary in in his favour is the one paying for it. Yes, he has a year to go, but so did the others (I know Fergo had a clause).. Why did we not push it with Dugan?

Yes Halo is not a sick as being played out.. But it's his family. If it were your family in the same situation and were given the opportunity to take an offer like this closer to home, would you? I know I'd change my mind and attempt to get out if my contract too. In fact, I'm doing something similar now, which is why I've changed my tune. Sometimes you believe in things and things change. They have not gone about it the right way, but is there ever a right way to go back on your word?

He is no longer wort anything to us. He is a Bronco. Let him go. We get nothing from this..
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

We did everything we needed to on our end with the other two and the NRL handled them badly.
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

backlash schmacklash
yarnos20
Brett Mullins

Post by yarnos20 »

Worm wrote:I just believe from a general point of view this will have a hell of a lot worse backlash than the Dugan/Fergo fiascos. If we were going to prove a point, they were the ones to do it to. They were the ones to hold without pay, to not sack etc..

We as a club have created this. By being way too lenient in the past to players that did not show the right level of commitment in return. And now, we have a bloke, who for all intents and purposes I see why he would stretch the truth to get the sumptuary in in his favour is the one paying for it. Yes, he has a year to go, but so did the others (I know Fergo had a clause).. Why did we not push it with Dugan?

Yes Halo is not a sick as being played out.. But it's his family. If it were your family in the same situation and were given the opportunity to take an offer like this closer to home, would you? I know I'd change my mind and attempt to get out if my contract too. In fact, I'm doing something similar now, which is why I've changed my tune. Sometimes you believe in things and things change. They have not gone about it the right way, but is there ever a right way to go back on your word?

He is no longer wort anything to us. He is a Bronco. Let him go. We get nothing from this..
I honestly believe if we had a chance to suspend Fergo without pay to prove a point we would have. But He had a clause that said he could walk anyway once Furner got the chop so it would of been absolutely pointless.. The fact he forced a sacking in the end is absolutely astonishing but another story altogether.
ForeverMcCrone
John Ferguson

Post by ForeverMcCrone »

Wow Rodman you really have turned a corner....
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

I think we sacked Fergo so we didn't have to pay him a cent.

The Dugan one was the situation where we really got burnt. At least with Carney he was forced to sit out a season.
ForeverMcCrone
John Ferguson

Post by ForeverMcCrone »

Seiffert82 wrote:I think we sacked Fergo so we didn't have to pay him a cent.

The Dugan one was the situation where we really got burnt. At least with Carney he was forced to sit out a season.
I think with Fergo the club had to pay him for what he played. Which is ok because of the melbourne game.....its a shame Carney never did stick to the 5 point plan, think he would have still been here and killing it. And Dugan just suprised me, I think if Furner was sacked 18 months prior to when he did (as was rumoured) he would still be here causing trouble, and Ahearn would be pushing for his spot.

Anyway let bygones be bygones...
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Reading what Sticky said maybe the CM story is total bull and Milford has accepted that he will see out his contract

From that report so has his parents

Maybe it was just Broncos propaganda

Maybe
yarnos20
Brett Mullins

Post by yarnos20 »

Anyway... I'm done talking about this spoiled little ****.

**** Milford and the Broncos.... Time to concentrate on the rest of the squad that are committed to being here.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

DBOT187 wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:I think we sacked Fergo so we didn't have to pay him a cent.

I think with Fergo the club had to pay him for what he played. Which is ok because of the melbourne game.....its a shame Carney never did stick to the 5 point plan, think he would have still been here and killing it. And Dugan just suprised me, I think if Furner was sacked 18 months prior to when he did (as was rumoured) he would still be here causing trouble, and Ahearn would be pushing for his spot.

Anyway let bygones be bygones...
Yeah, sorry, should have clarified that we didn't pay him a cent after he walked out.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Reading what Sticky said maybe the CM story is total bull and Milford has accepted that he will see out his contract

From that report so has his parents

Maybe it was just Broncos propaganda

Maybe
A lot of it is Broncos propaganda RRA, but there is absolutely no doubt that Milford would much rather be in Brisbane than Canberra. He clearly doesn't want to be here. That's the problem.
ForeverMcCrone
John Ferguson

Post by ForeverMcCrone »

Think we need a new post name for this topic though:

I vote MilfordGate: THE MILFARCE SAGA

My script is below...

Starring: Real eyes tell real lies, back from his world cup debut....Anthony "I turned down a million Dollars" Milford

Also Starring:

Sam "MoneyBags" Ayoub as the manager, always tells the truth even when his client doesn't
Rampant Angry "The GH" Fans, the jury, these folk will never be satisfied until the MILFARCE is hung out to dry.
Always Hard, Super excited, Jizzing in their pants "ALL YOUR FTA GAMES NOW BELONG TO US" Brisbane Ponies and their fans
The Club that gave him the chance, only to have it thrown back in their faces....The Mighty "Haven't sadly had a real chance at a premiership since we won the last one in 94" The Canberra Raiders

Watch as this epic saga unfolds, we begin where a young MILFARCE is given a chance at the raiders big time after killing it in the under 20's, there is hope for us at the end of the tunnel of crap we have had to endure says a mob of GH fans. Watch as their hopes and dreams of a premiership in their lifetime are realised when MILFARCE says he wants to call Canberra home, little knowing that this glimmer of hope will soon be shattered....for appearing in the bushes ready to pounce is the Brisbane Ponies.

Watch as in such a short time, with no apparant contact from the ponies, MILFARCE changes his mind and says he wants out of Canberra as he has a sick dad. It's then revealed that his dad is sick (poor guy) but then he isn't actually sick and that this was all a ruse to get MILFARCE at no cost.

The showponies realised what a mistake they made when they let him go, and now they want him back. MILFARCE then dissapears from commenting, only releasing cryptic twitter messages, and instragrams leaving the greenhouse HQ and the raiders fans in rumour and innuendo mode. They bring in the best codebreakers to try and decrypt the messages, but the best codebreakers are unable to decipher the messages and have no comprehension of what real eyes are all about.

The GH fans and the waiting randy Brisbane fans know this saga will come to an end soon, and one of them will win and the other will lose. After the Samoa team has finished the cup of worlds, news breaks of MILFARCE signing a contract for 2015 and 2016 with the scumbag broncos.

THE GH goes into meltdown mode as the CT reports he will be guest starring for a one season. Warlines are draw, opinion is divided across the GH fans, some want him to stay because he is the best man for the job, others want him gone and banished to the outlands. Then when the big man finally breaks his media he throws a spanner in the works stating I never agreed to play for the raiders in 14 even though there is written evidence. The big man now states how much he loves the Broncos......shock despair and sorrow is now at the GH which slowly turns to anger, some against each other and their comments and most of it towards the king of kings, the grandmaster DOUCHE himself is now crowned....MILFARCE

The lies through his eyes are then revealed as we realise this was all a ruse, and MILFARCE was never really intrested in our club only his career....and was looking to drive off into the sunset in his 80K car back to Brisbane HQ....

THE SAGA CONTINUES...

Tune in next week to see news limited step up their campaign to bring the farce home, to pressure the raiders into any compensation deal they can, and stop him from sitting out.........................whoops I must have missed a week this has already started...

Stay tuned for more developments..
green_queenslander
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: mal meninga

Post by green_queenslander »

what a season it has turned out to be!