godofcheese
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: Milford refusing to play for Canberra in 2014

Post by godofcheese »

raiders8294 wrote:
Ultima wrote:
raiders8294 wrote:Hi All,

I'm really suprised by the latest update from Milford and agree it will be hard to let him go.

But what kind of "Morale" ground do we have? Our esteemed coach used pretty much the same excuse to get out of his Parra deal after one year and now we take the morale high ground.

While I agree that he should honour his contract, we kind look like a pack of mongrels if we allow the whole Stuart thing to pass and not allow Milford to go back to Brissy.

N.B. I guess the obvious thing here is why are we not calling for the sacking of Don Furner, he has handled this absoultely terribly and should fall on his sword so that the Raiders organisation can start fresh.
Broncos Troll, **** off. A player who was find and his family was moving down here until some magical moment happened and he suddenly wanted to be a Bronco all his life, ignoring the fact they told him to get **** as a kid. Only think I have against Furner is not attacking the Broncos and the NRL MORE on this issue.
Really, is that all you can say. Don't forget what "The Don" did to his very own brother, David. Or have you forgotten that little part.

The sooner that we are rid of the Funrer legacy the better. It isn't 1982 anymore need to move with the times.
You make a very good point there Broncos8294, oh wait, no you don't.
Interstate Member #3382
How is 2017 Looking?: 1. J Wighton, 2. J. Rapana, 3. J Croker (C), 4. J. Leilua, 5. N. Cotric, 6. B Austin, 7. A. Sezar, 8. S. Boyd, 9. J Hodgson, 10. J. Paulo, 11. J. Papalli, 12. E. Whitehead, 13. S. Soliola, 14. K. Baptiste, 15. J. Tapine, 16. D. Taylor, 17. L. Bateman = Looking Good
Decorous Muse
Ruben Wiki

Post by Decorous Muse »

Choc Magic wrote:
The difference is we dont come out of this whole thing looking as weak as usual
elaborate? when did we look weak? we sacked a bunch of douchebags. Makes us look HARD AS
The Vindicated wrote:You would be hard pressed to find anyone who hasnt committed some kind of vandalism in their life, leaving your car to avoid getting breath tested is actually quite smart
Bay56 wrote:cant understand people who come in here and whinge
Walt Flanigan
Jason Croker

Post by Walt Flanigan »

Walt Flanigan
Jason Croker

Post by Walt Flanigan »

Decorous Muse wrote:
Choc Magic wrote:
elaborate? when did we look weak? we sacked a bunch of douchebags. Makes us look HARD AS
Sacking 1 made us look HARD AS. Being forced to sack 2 and now possibly 3 in 12 months makes us look crap.
Choc Magic
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Choc Magic »

Decorous Muse wrote:
Choc Magic wrote:
HARD AS.... lol
The last six games of 2013 we looked pretty weak IMO .... when we'd lost 2 of our best and had another on the way out...
Decorous Muse
Ruben Wiki

Post by Decorous Muse »

Walt Flanigan wrote:
Decorous Muse wrote:
Choc Magic wrote:
Sacking 1 made us look HARD AS. Being forced to sack 2 and now possibly 3 in 12 months makes us look crap.
What would you have done with Dugan and Fergo out of interest?
The Vindicated wrote:You would be hard pressed to find anyone who hasnt committed some kind of vandalism in their life, leaving your car to avoid getting breath tested is actually quite smart
Decorous Muse
Ruben Wiki

Post by Decorous Muse »

Choc Magic wrote:
Decorous Muse wrote:
Choc Magic wrote:
HARD AS.... lol
The last six games of 2013 we looked pretty weak IMO .... when we'd lost 2 of our best and had another on the way out...
see above
Walt Flanigan
Jason Croker

Post by Walt Flanigan »

Decorous Muse wrote:
Walt Flanigan wrote:
Decorous Muse wrote:
Choc Magic wrote:
Oh they definitely had to go, I'm not disputing that.

I'm just of the opinion that digging our heels in now will help stop players pulling this sort of crap in the future.
Choc Magic
Peter Jackson

Post by Choc Magic »

Hindsight is a wonderfull thing.... but
I would have sent the punk #1 straight from the rooftop to Mt Pritchard to rot out the remainder of the season.
Doubt we would have ended up in the situation with punk #2 if we had of done that to Punk #1 in the first place....

Would you have done it differently to how it has played out?
Decorous Muse
Ruben Wiki

Post by Decorous Muse »

Yeah I just don't think it made us look weak, but I will accept it makes us look crap

I just don't like Carney situations (which is what the Milford one will turn into best case scenario), I don't like Dugan situations, and I don't think it's possible that the NRL will ever help us out. So I'm pretty much just taking a take him now approach as the Carney one sucked more than the Dugan one.
Decorous Muse
Ruben Wiki

Post by Decorous Muse »

Choc Magic wrote: Would you have done it differently to how it has played out?
Nothing, that's my point. I've accepted our lot in life. A breeding ground for douchebags that will screw us over and nothing will ever change because the machine doesn't care. If we sent Dugan to rot or whatever, he'd just come back and it would have hurt us more in 2014, at least it's done now.
Choc Magic
Peter Jackson

Post by Choc Magic »

Decorous Muse wrote:Yeah I just don't think it made us look weak, but I will accept it makes us look crap

I just don't like Carney situations (which is what the Milford one will turn into best case scenario), I don't like Dugan situations, and I don't think it's possible that the NRL will ever help us out. So I'm pretty much just taking a take him now approach as the Carney one sucked more than the Dugan one.
Being bent over by a 19 year old and letting him walk.... looks weak (from my vantage point :lol: )
Decorous Muse
Ruben Wiki

Post by Decorous Muse »

Choc Magic wrote:
Decorous Muse wrote:Yeah I just don't think it made us look weak, but I will accept it makes us look crap

Being bent over by a 19 year old and letting him walk.... looks weak (from my vantage point :lol: )
No I agree, but I mean in the past I don't think it's been weak sacking people - but it seems to make jack all difference, so we might as well be weak now
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Tim Gavel ‏@TimGavel 1m
Raiders say they have a written agreement from Anthony Milford to play for Canberra in 2014 which has been backed by NRL.

No way!

Imagine my surprise.
Choc Magic
Peter Jackson

Post by Choc Magic »

Yeah, 'Crap' might be the better word for past circumstances.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

afgtnk wrote:Tim Gavel ‏@TimGavel 1m
Raiders say they have a written agreement from Anthony Milford to play for Canberra in 2014 which has been backed by NRL.

No way!

Imagine my surprise.
I'd be taking anything Gavel says with a grain of salt
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Has Teflon Don been sacked yet over yet another embarrassing handling of an incident?

False press conference, fake quotes, flat out lying.

How does this guy sleep at night knowing he's sucking money out of an organisation he's clearly not fit and capable enough to run?
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

oh uh...
Bullraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Bullraider »

What's the record for the most amount of posts on one topic. This must be up there :)
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

afgtnk wrote:Has Teflon Don been sacked yet over yet another embarrassing handling of an incident?

False press conference, fake quotes, flat out lying.

How does this guy sleep at night knowing he's sucking money out of an organisation he's clearly not fit and capable enough to run?
:roflmao

How does afgtnk sleep at night! False posts, fake quotes, flay out lying, a hole in his tin foil hat!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart displays blatant hypocrisy over Anthony Milford saga

ENOUGH is enough. Today, Canberra boss Don Furner should ring Broncos counterpart Paul White, broker a $100,000 transfer fee, and let Anthony Milford get on with his life in Brisbane.

The Green Machine forfeited any right to sympathetic ears on September 12, the day they aided and abetted Ricky Stuart's ugly defection from Parramatta.

Raiders management were happy to tuck the moral compass in their back pocket when Stuart walked out on the Eels, insisting he had no choice but to put family first.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/canber ... 6771377886

How did I miss this? The Broncos Mail and the Broncos chief publicist at it again. He was on 2CC this afternoon, with the new drive presenter Luke Bona. Unfortunately Bona gave him a platform in Canberra... then agreed with him! :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Milford Brisbane-bound, for now

Anthony Milford may be en-route back to Brisbane after the World Cup but his immediate playing future remains unclear following revelations that he has not yet agreed to return to Canberra in 2014.

Milford told the Courier-Mail he was "shocked" that the Raiders had trumpeted news he was set to honour the final year of his contract at the club despite earlier seeking a release on compassionate grounds.

Within the space of an hour on Wednesday the Raiders announced Milford had agreed to don the lime green again in 2014 before the Broncos revealed they had got their man on a two-year deal starting in 2015.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/milford-brisbane-bou ... fault.aspx
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

He can sit out and not get paid as far as im concerned..

He would have no grounds to dispute the fact he isn't getting paid either
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Decorous Muse wrote:
Walt Flanigan wrote:
Decorous Muse wrote:
Choc Magic wrote:
The club could have sacked Furner instead of Dugan. I sometimes wonder what season 2013 would have been like if the Raiders saw Furner as the bigger issue and when Furner said to the board 'it is him or me' they went 'clean out your desk'

Alas we will never know. Just like we won't know what could have happened if we roll over and just release Milford to the Broncos
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

$100,000? What good will that do at all.

Offer $1,000,0000.00 then we'll start talking.

Sugar Daddy Rupert is good for it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Schifty wrote:$100,000? What good will that do at all.

As the Broncos mouthpiece, looks like they seem to think the Raiders will be happy with $100,000. :roflmao
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Obtain $1,000,000 fee.

Invest in scaffolding.
Wiggy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Wiggy »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart displays blatant hypocrisy over Anthony Milford saga

ENOUGH is enough. Today, Canberra boss Don Furner should ring Broncos counterpart Paul White, broker a $100,000 transfer fee, and let Anthony Milford get on with his life in Brisbane.

The Green Machine forfeited any right to sympathetic ears on September 12, the day they aided and abetted Ricky Stuart's ugly defection from Parramatta.

Raiders management were happy to tuck the moral compass in their back pocket when Stuart walked out on the Eels, insisting he had no choice but to put family first.

Obviously this doesn't need to be explained to anyone with half a brain, but Ricky's get out clause was entirely in his favour. Milford's was dependant on proof that his Dad's health was deteriorating, which clearly the Milford camp hasn't been able to establish.

Only an idiot would buy into this blatant propaganda piece. Then again, Brisbane is the target audience.....
Last edited by Wiggy on November 29, 2013, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart displays blatant hypocrisy over Anthony Milford saga

How did I miss this? The Broncos Mail and the Broncos chief publicist at it again. He was on 2CC this afternoon, with the new drive presenter Luke Bona. Unfortunately Bona gave him a platform in Canberra... then agreed with him! :lol:
What a ****ing hack that reporter is.

How many times do these clowns need to be reminded that Ricky had no contractual obligations to Parra. Ricky included a clause that would allow him to leave at any time if he chose to.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Yep, but the facts seem to be a casualty at the moment.
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

greeneyed wrote:Milford Brisbane-bound, for now

Anthony Milford may be en-route back to Brisbane after the World Cup but his immediate playing future remains unclear following revelations that he has not yet agreed to return to Canberra in 2014.

Milford told the Courier-Mail he was "shocked" that the Raiders had trumpeted news he was set to honour the final year of his contract at the club despite earlier seeking a release on compassionate grounds.

Within the space of an hour on Wednesday the Raiders announced Milford had agreed to don the lime green again in 2014 before the Broncos revealed they had got their man on a two-year deal starting in 2015.

On nrl.com they seem to think it is milford's choice whether he returns to honour his contract or not? ......
Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Post by Guy Incognito »

I don't think any money would do much. We can't spend it on anyone outside the cap on retaining current or buying new players. The only team a transfer fee would benefit is the Broncos as they get the player and Canberra get nothing.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Chicka's shoe wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Milford Brisbane-bound, for now

On nrl.com they seem to think it is milford's choice whether he returns to honour his contract or not? ......
It is their "Queensland correspondent". I wonder if nrl.com has an "ACT correspondent"?
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Guy Incognito wrote:

I don't think any money would do much. We can't spend it on anyone outside the cap on retaining current or buying new players. The only team a transfer fee would benefit is the Broncos as they get the player and Canberra get nothing.
Spend the money on Milford, Dugan and Fergo tackling dummies
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Use the money to pay Teflon Don out of his contract, with the remainder contributing towards the wages of a competent CEO who can drag us out of this quagmire we're in.
Last edited by afgtnk on November 29, 2013, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.