Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Re: Milford refusing to play for Canberra in 2014

Post by Chickas shoe »

:woot:
greeneyed wrote:
Chicka's shoe wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Milford Brisbane-bound, for now

Anthony Milford may be en-route back to Brisbane after the World Cup but his immediate playing future remains unclear following revelations that he has not yet agreed to return to Canberra in 2014.

Milford told the Courier-Mail he was "shocked" that the Raiders had trumpeted news he was set to honour the final year of his contract at the club despite earlier seeking a release on compassionate grounds.

Within the space of an hour on Wednesday the Raiders announced Milford had agreed to don the lime green again in 2014 before the Broncos revealed they had got their man on a two-year deal starting in 2015.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/milford-brisbane-bou ... fault.aspx
On nrl.com they seem to think it is milford's choice whether he returns to honour his contract or not? ......
It is their "Queensland correspondent". I wonder if nrl.com has an "ACT correspondent"?
the official organ has revealed its position!
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

afgtnk wrote:Use the money to pay Teflon Don out of his contract, with the remainder contributing towards the wages of a competent CEO who can drag us out of this quagmire we're in.
Zzzzzzzzzzz
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Chicka's shoe wrote:
afgtnk wrote:Use the money to pay Teflon Don out of his contract, with the remainder contributing towards the wages of a competent CEO who can drag us out of this quagmire we're in.
Zzzzzzzzzzz
You must've just heard Don Furner talk.

The bloke is a cure for insomnia.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Restless NRL star Josh Hoffman embarrassing himself and disrespecting the Brisbane Broncos

JOSH Hoffman is writing his own ticket out of Red Hill and straight to Redcliffe.

He is embarrassing himself, disrespecting the club and the fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury.

The stupidity he is wilfully participating in on social media with the Canterbury players on the New Zealand team is shameful.

Funny hashtags such as #releasehim might get a few laughs in camp, but it puts you further from the Kennel and just leaves you sitting in the dog house.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/restle ... 6771399109

And while the Broncos Mail demand Anthony Milford is released... they conclude that Josh Hoffman is disrespecting the Broncos and fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury... and he should be on his way to a Q Cup feeder club in 2014. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

This is just SO GOOD!
plodder
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Shauney-Shaun Fensom

Post by plodder »

The sad thing is, none of the footy supporters that I have spoken to in brisbane seem to know or care, they have a bad year and all drop the broncos to exclusively support state of origin. No wonder they are desperate to buy a premiership.

CONTRACTS BE DAMNED!
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

Snappy comeback, Chuckles.
plodder
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Shauney-Shaun Fensom

Post by plodder »

greeneyed wrote:Restless NRL star Josh Hoffman embarrassing himself and disrespecting the Brisbane Broncos

JOSH Hoffman is writing his own ticket out of Red Hill and straight to Redcliffe.

He is embarrassing himself, disrespecting the club and the fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury.

The stupidity he is wilfully participating in on social media with the Canterbury players on the New Zealand team is shameful.

Funny hashtags such as #releasehim might get a few laughs in camp, but it puts you further from the Kennel and just leaves you sitting in the dog house.

And while the Broncos Mail demand Anthony Milford is released... they conclude that Josh Hoffman is disrespecting the Broncos and fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury... and he should be on his way to a Q Cup feeder club in 2014. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

This is just SO GOOD!
There isn't a bag large enough to hold all of the EDIT I want the broncos to eat.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

MDog wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Restless NRL star Josh Hoffman embarrassing himself and disrespecting the Brisbane Broncos

This is just SO GOOD!
There isn't a bag large enough to hold all of the EDIT I want the broncos to eat.
:roflmao

QLD Media ****
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

That's the thing though dog, once we accept Milford won't play for us again we have the broncos bent over a massive barrel

They have a fullback posting he wants to leave, a rookie half and a 5/8 who is quite unstable and has epic bender crew tattooed on his groin.

If we stay strong we can write our own ticket on Milford's release or even better take them to court and put a massive stop on the underhand methods they are using to try and get DCE.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

MDog wrote:

This is just SO GOOD!
:lol: so true mate.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

how's the hide of the courier mail
muppets of the highest order
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It's the Broncos Mail, Nick. The same company owns both the newspaper... and the club. It is clearly a massive conflict of interest, or should I say confluence of interest.
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Bennyinthewest »

I know I keep putting this on, but ask for a swap with Hoffman. Hoffman gets his fullback spot so he's happy, we offload the brat so he's happy. Pretty good out come. Before we become the bad guys
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

I can't believe the **** they are putting out about Milford and that last one bout Hoffman, absolutely **** hilarious :lol: braindead ***** :lol:
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Courier Mail is the bets parody publication out there :lol:

You couldn't make this up :lol:
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Bennyinthewest wrote:I know I keep putting this on, but ask for a swap with Hoffman. Hoffman gets his fullback spot so he's happy, we offload the brat so he's happy. Pretty good out come. Before we become the bad guys
Hoffman clearly wants to be at the Bulldogs. Besides I think Locke is a better fit for the Raiders.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

I'd be more inclined to laugh if history didn't show that clubs like the Broncos are always able to have their cake and eat it too.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why would the Raiders swap Milford for Hoffman? That's also funny.
Kermit
John Ferguson

Post by Kermit »

greeneyed wrote:Why would the Raiders swap Milford for Hoffman? That's also funny.
Maybe that's always been the Broncos goal???............
Golden Boogs Winner 2006 - Best Newcomer
Golden Boogs Winner 2008 - Best Couple

"Nobody's looked better in the Lime Green except maybe Kermit the Frog..." - Reg Reagan.

"this is just Groundhog Day for the Raiders" (Laurie Daley 2/6/12 on 40-0 defeat to Wests)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I do have to say how sorry I am for the Brisbane Broncos, they don't seem to have enough halves for next year after letting so many of them go at the end of 2013. What will they do?!
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

greeneyed wrote:I do have to say how sorry I am for the Brisbane Broncos, they don't seem to have enough halves for next year after letting so many of them go at the end of 2013. What will they do?!
Don't worry they are building a backline
Walt Flanigan
Jason Croker

Post by Walt Flanigan »

Raiders insist homesick Anthony Milford's all theirs for one more season

The will-he-stay-or-will-he-go saga concerning Anthony Milford has taken another twist with Canberra insisting the young star has again confirmed his commitment to the club for next season.

''Anthony has given us an undertaking in writing from his manager and personally from Anthony as well that he will be here in 2014,'' Furner told Fairfax Media. ''He will honour his contract, which is all we wanted him to do.

''I spoke to the chief executive of the Broncos [Paul White] about it, clarifying that it would only be for those seasons [2015 and 2016].

''I've exchanged text messages with Sam [Ayoub] today and he said he will not be going back on what we've said,'' Furner said. ''He will be with you in 2014.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2m1TtxAdh
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Weird, seems like some kind of communication problem between Ayoub and Milford. Perhaps he was in transit from Samoa and Ayoub didn't update him with the latest developments.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

He's either going to be here next year or not playing

If his manager is saying he has agreed to honour his contract then Milford has got no leg to stand on
Walt Flanigan
Jason Croker

Post by Walt Flanigan »

Would love to hear todays conversations between Ayoub and Milford.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Re: Ayoub guarantees Milford will be in Canberra in 2014

Post by Shadow Boxer »

"**** tony, if they take us to court this is all going to come out in the papers"
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

What a circus :-/
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Shano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: The dood with the boofy hair

Post by Shano »

What a joke, just let him go and get some dollars in return. This is already disrupting our 2014 season. I really hope he's gone before round 1
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Bennyinthewest »

greeneyed wrote:Why would the Raiders swap Milford for Hoffman? That's also funny.
Just think we won't end up getting anything otherwise, and I personally think Hoffman is class. Not the ball playing type but still class.

Also not sure if Hoffman wants to go to the bulldogs or he just wants to be a fullback and they need one
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Shadow Boxer wrote:"**** tony, if they take us to court this is all going to come out in the papers"
I definately think Milford and Ayoub got their wires crossed. Milfords first day back at training if he does come back is going to be very ****ing awkward.

I suspect Milford has told more than a few people at the club plenty of lies
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wires crossed? I don't think so. It was clear, and the Broncos have had another attempt to bring on an early release.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

greeneyed wrote:Wires crossed? I don't think so. It was clear, and the Broncos have had another attempt to bring on an early release.
Pretty lame attempt if you ask me. I still don't get why Milford would have denied making the guarantee to honor his contract if he knew the Raiders had it in writing. He must be 1 seriously dumb MOFO
green_queenslander
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: mal meninga

Post by green_queenslander »

Green eyed Mick wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Wires crossed? I don't think so. It was clear, and the Broncos have had another attempt to bring on an early release.
Pretty lame attempt if you ask me. I still don't get why Milford would have denied making the guarantee to honor his contract if he knew the Raiders had it in writing. He must be 1 seriously dumb MOFO
dumb as a paint can by the sound of it!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Brisbane deny swaying Milford on Raiders

The message was simple from Brisbane after 2015 recruit Anthony Milford reportedly claimed he would not see out his NRL contract at Canberra next year - don't blame us.

Brisbane were excited by the prospect of the Samoan international signing a two-year deal from 2015 but denied they had been in the teenager's ear after reports emerged he would not honour the final year of his Raiders contract in 2014.

"Certain elements in the media are trying to play around with the facts," Ayoub said.

Asked if Milford was playing for Canberra next year, Ayoub said: "I will let you try to decipher between the facts and the Bull."

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/brisbane-deny-swayin ... fault.aspx
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart displays blatant hypocrisy over Anthony Milford saga

ENOUGH is enough. Today, Canberra boss Don Furner should ring Broncos counterpart Paul White, broker a $100,000 transfer fee, and let Anthony Milford get on with his life in Brisbane.

The Green Machine forfeited any right to sympathetic ears on September 12, the day they aided and abetted Ricky Stuart's ugly defection from Parramatta.

Raiders management were happy to tuck the moral compass in their back pocket when Stuart walked out on the Eels, insisting he had no choice but to put family first.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/canber ... 6771377886

How did I miss this? The Broncos Mail and the Broncos chief publicist at it again. He was on 2CC this afternoon, with the new drive presenter Luke Bona. Unfortunately Bona gave him a platform in Canberra... then agreed with him! :lol:
This really pissed me off when I read it. I've had time to think (on the way home, making dinner, etc) and I've come up with basically what the Broncos are asking for.

Lets compare this to a business. Milford co. has been going for a few years now, it's nothing special but could be in the future, they approach the Boncos who aren't interested in investing. Another group, the Raiders, come along, like what they see and invest big in Milford. Years later Milford finally starts paying some dividends to their investment, now suddenly Boncos are interested and even though Milford is now worth heaps more and about to pay big dividends they think they can pay the original asking cost and that's good enough and the Raiders are jerks for not accepting it. They then reach a behind doors agreement with Milford and then start flooding the market with false press in regards to Milford and it's constituents.

If this was actually in the business world the Broncos would be done for insider trading.... I would work on it more but I'm already annoyed while writing it... **** the Broncos, **** Milford, **** the NRL!