2015 State of Origin Game II: Teams and Game Day *Teams p1*

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win between Queensland and New South Wales?

Queensland 13+
30%
Queensland 1-12
30%
Draw
10%
New South Wales 1-12
10%
New South Wales 13+
20%

Total votes: 10

plodder
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Shauney-Shaun Fensom

Re: 2015 State of Origin Game II: Teams and Game Day *Teams

Post by plodder »

Lui_Bon wrote:I was born in Perth. I grew up in Canberra. The fact that I now live in NSW is kind of irrelevant. These are my random observations:

Players who done good:

Hoffman
Klemmer
Woods
Thurston
Dugan
A Morriss - or maybe both, stuffed if I know
Jennings
Scott, mostly

and that's it for the big plusses
Superman does good, the players did well

Pearce and Hodkinson were no better than adequate, much like Farah, or Smith, or Slater, in this game.

Plenty of other blokes did what they could given their opportunities, no-one was horrible, but the NSW team had just a few more really on-the-money contributors at the end of the 80.

I would suggest, however, that NSW really did suffer from their lack of different impact of the bench. Austin would have been a force. Alternatively, Qld needed one more Klemmer-like forward instead of grunts like Lilleyman. Not sure anyone is available. Possibly both sides need the Sims!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I didn't get to see the game but I'm assuming that those brave NSW boys show some great courage and spirit to overcome QLD? Led admirably by Saint Gallen of course?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Got it in one
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

It wasn't all bad for QLD.

They won the coin toss.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
green_queenslander
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: mal meninga

Post by green_queenslander »

nsw played better overall!,the difference in queensland from the first game was cherry-evans he was complete rubbish, unorganised and those sideway runs to nowhere were horrible to watch. well done nsw see you in game 3.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Sun Coast Raider wrote:It's funny cause you could hear several calls of "blues" quite clearly on the TV. Maybe they were boos but consensus here was "blues" I must admit I then put it on mute so I don't know what other drunk idiots were yelling.
I was saying blue-urns...
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

What a bluetiful morning it is
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

So i didnt watch all of the game so why is klemmer getting talked up like he single handedly won the game? I watched the last 10mins and he basically just carried on like a twat disrupting the game with push and shove?
Edrick The Entertainer
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Klemmer is a beast. He's like 20 years old, happy to bring it to any QLD grub who wants to have a go. Everyone's just happy that he brings passion, enthusiasm and aggression - he's built for origin football.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Klemmer the Great.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

I am an avid NSW supporter, but like to think that I look at games pretty fairly. Some observations:

* NSW were criminal in the ruck last night. They were constantly going in for second efforts, flops, facials - the lot. Yes, QLD do it too, but NSW were ridiculous in last night's game. Almost every tackle had an extra effort in there. They played the refs well by coming out and saying they would "match the grubbyness" before the match. I thought it was over the top.
* Given Inglis was standing offside and there was a touch from a QLD player, I have no issue with that "no try" call. In saying that, I was almost hoping it would be a try so that it could spell the end of Mitchell Pearce's Origin career. He added a couple of plays to the "Pearce/NSW Bloopers reel" last night.
* Woods was outstanding, as was Klemmer. Can't help but feel having a rampaging Paul Vaughan coming on with Klemmer would be near unstoppable (but that is probably my Raiders bias coming through).
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Thought Corddner and Jackson where largely ineffective.

Don't see the point having both on the bench.

That's the one change Daley should look at.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I thought Cordner was good. A few good offloads.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

TongueFTW wrote::

* NSW were criminal in the ruck last night. They were constantly going in for second efforts, flops, facials - the lot. Yes, QLD do it too, but NSW were ridiculous in last night's game. Almost every tackle had an extra effort in there. They played the refs well by coming out and saying they would "match the grubbyness" before the match. I thought it was over the top.
They copied what Qld got away with in game one and Qld didn't like it, no more no less.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Woodgers wrote:One thing that is creeping into the game that NEEDS to be policed as QLD did it a ridiculous amount tonight is the man playing the ball grabbing and manhandling the marker trying to play football. Stamp it out now. If a bloke makes a tackle and wants to stay in the game, he shouldn't be held out of it by foul play. This isn't necessarily a jibe at QLD, it's just that they did it a lot tonight and it needs to be stopped now. To be fair, it probably came from Bellamy.
I think it was very noticeable that NSW markers were standing much closer to where the tackle was made. Often defenders peel off and the marker is a meter from the player playing the ball. It is a concession of territory that NSW were not prepared to give last night. It looked to be part of the plan to constantly pressure Qld. The rule on Player Marking says 'One opponent may take up the position immediately opposite the tackled player.' Another piece of 'pressure football' introduced by Coach Loz.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Anyone see the front page of the Courier Rag this morning?

Predictable!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Sun Coast Raider wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
Sun Coast Raider wrote:
Sid wrote:Can reptar, Bay 53 or RRA post commentary from the GH account for the next origin match? Thanks in advance.
Nothing wrong with commentary. It is needed to balance out the terrible TV bias and the somewhat embarrassing posts by certain members of this forum. Can't even be slightly gracious when you win one.

I'll say it again, Well done NSW. No need to attack any player or whine even though you won. The losers whine, the winners should be pleased for their team not attacking the opposition.
Hang on, hang on. One of the commentators yelled "go you good thing" as Inglis was running down the field. If that's not biased I don't know what is. No one in here is whining (apart from GE), they're just telling GE to shut up.
Must of missed that line but after 80mins of Gould it's probably OK. Maybe I read too much of the thread but plenty of finger pointing and whining throughout. Anyhow it's all good.
Are... are you joking?
Gould is the biggest closet QLD fan alive. He spends every game gobbing them off for 80 minutes. It's **** hilarious
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

julian87 wrote:I know you don't want to change a winning team but I'd be ditching Josh Jackson **** quick smart.
He **** stinks
No business being in SOO football
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

What's this I hear about clowns screaming out Queenslander and Gallens a wanker in the minutes silence for Ron Clarke's death last night? Disgraceful if true.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

"Hopefully this gave will stop the Mitchell Pearce critics"

The bloke stunk it up royally, he did his best to win it for qld
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Tim W wrote:"Hopefully this gave will stop the Mitchell Pearce critics"

The bloke stunk it up royally, he did his best to win it for qld
Read that this morning and almost threw my phone out the window.

That second half was won in spite of Pearce.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Wow, harsh on Pearce. I thought NSW halves were solid for 80 mins. Didn't go MIA when it counted like game 1.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Dr Zaius wrote:I thought Cordner was good. A few good offloads.
I thought he was good as well.

Jackson hasn't done much in either game and I think Vaughan's versatility should have him well ahead of someone like Jackson.
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

I can just watch Dugan's lame ankle tap attempt on Inglis's runaway No-Try, over and over and over... just love how he tries to ankle tap from a few metres away and just bowls over Hopoate and a QLD support runner lol

http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/state-of ... ?cam=cam00
2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Northern Raider wrote:Wow, harsh on Pearce. I thought NSW halves were solid for 80 mins. Didn't go MIA when it counted like game 1.
Correct. They both did their jobs and they were comfortable shifting the ball out to our strike weapons on the edges. Both were decent.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

yeh raiders wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:Wow, harsh on Pearce. I thought NSW halves were solid for 80 mins. Didn't go MIA when it counted like game 1.
Correct. They both did their jobs and they were comfortable shifting the ball out to our strike weapons on the edges. Both were decent.
They certainly didn't spend their time running around in circles and cutting off time to the outside backs like the Trillion Dollar Man.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

bonehead wrote:So i didnt watch all of the game so why is klemmer getting talked up like he single handedly won the game? I watched the last 10mins and he basically just carried on like a twat disrupting the game with push and shove?
If you look again you'll see that QLD thought they could disrupt him and he was giving as good as he was getting. The push and shove, have a look at that scrum. He breaks and tries to get back to defend and Thaiday grabs him. He didn't initiate that one either.

I love the way he carts the ball up. Canterbury have a red hot pack with everyone fit.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

DCE in for Cronk was the main difference IMO. Took out QLD's main organiser and replaced him with a McCrone impersonator.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

reptar wrote:Anyone see the front page of the Courier Rag this morning?

Predictable!
I only looked it up because you mentioned it. How do these people NOT know the basic rules of the game?
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

I love DCE in origin, hope he is their 7 in game 3 :lol:
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Woodgers wrote:

Predictable!
I only looked it up because you mentioned it. How do these people NOT know the basic rules of the game?
Qlders mate, nuff said
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

https://instagram.com/p/4C-MFan4h4/
Lol how can Queenslanders say that was a try???
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Raiders666 wrote:https://instagram.com/p/4C-MFan4h4/
That clearly shows Nate Myles fingers bending back against the pressure of the ball. There is no controversy about it or 50/50 call here. Most obvious NO TRY you'll ever see
Sun Coast Raider
Brett Mullins

Post by Sun Coast Raider »

Pigman wrote:
Sun Coast Raider wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
Sun Coast Raider wrote:
Sid wrote:Can reptar, Bay 53 or RRA post commentary from the GH account for the next origin match? Thanks in advance.
Nothing wrong with commentary. It is needed to balance out the terrible TV bias and the somewhat embarrassing posts by certain members of this forum. Can't even be slightly gracious when you win one.

I'll say it again, Well done NSW. No need to attack any player or whine even though you won. The losers whine, the winners should be pleased for their team not attacking the opposition.
Hang on, hang on. One of the commentators yelled "go you good thing" as Inglis was running down the field. If that's not biased I don't know what is. No one in here is whining (apart from GE), they're just telling GE to shut up.
Must of missed that line but after 80mins of Gould it's probably OK. Maybe I read too much of the thread but plenty of finger pointing and whining throughout. Anyhow it's all good.
Are... are you joking?
Gould is the biggest closet QLD fan alive. He spends every game gobbing them off for 80 minutes. It's **** hilarious
Not sure if trolling or learning impaired :hmmm

Every year for the best part of two decades we get to listen to Gould say NSW is going stronger, NSW is winning the ruck, QLD has hands on hips etc etc etc It doesn't matter if it is blatantly false he trotts it out every friggin' game. I am guessing the premise is if he does it every game sooner or later he will be right. Admiring individual QLD players is one thing, that is called showing respect, but to say he isn't NSW biased is truly bizarre.
Either way I do mute the commentary a lot as it isn't worth listening too. Rabbs getting names wrong and then arguing with Gould over rubbish no one cares about wears thin real quick.
Manbush wrote:
Woodgers wrote:

Predictable!
Qlders mate, nuff said
The readership of the courier mail is about 1 in 8 Queenlanders. And that is if you believe their stats on copies issued and believing that all the copies they send to business, govt dept, schools etc actually get look at. I keep saying no one read the courier mail up here. It is a News Ltd rag. Bog average. It's like the daily telegraph.
I don't know the headline and no way I am looking it up.....
Sun Coast Raider
Brett Mullins

Post by Sun Coast Raider »

Raiders666 wrote:https://instagram.com/p/4C-MFan4h4/
Is that even the right tackle ? Genuinely curious as haven't seen a replay as changed stations when went to video ref....