The Video Game Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Green_Hammock »

I have spent far too many hours on that game.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, it's brilliant
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Anyone having a crack at Tom Clancy's the Division? I have had it for a couple of days. Great game. Based on the same gameplay as Destiny but post-apocalyptic NY where you are killing humans not aliens.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

I haven't liked it yet. But have had troubles with my Internet simce getting it.

I know Millsy sold his a week after buying it
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Anyone like wrestling simulations?? Where you get to be Vince McMahon or maybe Eric Bischoff?? Well TEW2016 comes out in the next month or two and looks absolutely fantastic.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

The Nickman wrote:Anyone like wrestling simulations?? Where you get to be Vince McMahon or maybe Eric Bischoff?? Well TEW2016 comes out in the next month or two and looks absolutely fantastic.
I've been a long time fan of the TEW/EWR series. I've wasted way too much of my life on those games. I'm looking forward to it as well.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Green_Hammock wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Anyone like wrestling simulations?? Where you get to be Vince McMahon or maybe Eric Bischoff?? Well TEW2016 comes out in the next month or two and looks absolutely fantastic.
I've been a long time fan of the TEW/EWR series. I've wasted way too much of my life on those games. I'm looking forward to it as well.
I didn't think Adam could improve on TEW2013, but from reading the Devloper's journal he's really gone above and beyond. It's going to be excellent!
Manchild
Jason Croker

Post by Manchild »

I can see that it will get tiresome like Watchdogs. I haven't been playing it all that long and am already half way complete so after that there isn't much else to do but to roam around aimlessly killing baddies. The first expansion isn't due until around June / July.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

I enjoyed watch dogs.

Im not loving Far Cry primal either
Manchild
Jason Croker

Post by Manchild »

I keep going back to NBA2K16 or Battlefield 4. They are still my go-to games.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Manchild wrote:Anyone having a crack at Tom Clancy's the Division? I have had it for a couple of days. Great game. Based on the same gameplay as Destiny but post-apocalyptic NY where you are killing humans not aliens.
I have it, and destiny is exactly what I thought when I started playing it

Can't wait to get a decent gun though
Manchild
Jason Croker

Post by Manchild »

Lenny Leonard wrote:
Manchild wrote:Anyone having a crack at Tom Clancy's the Division? I have had it for a couple of days. Great game. Based on the same gameplay as Destiny but post-apocalyptic NY where you are killing humans not aliens.
I have it, and destiny is exactly what I thought when I started playing it

Can't wait to get a decent gun though
There is a massive jump in the differnce in the guns. After you get to level 16 you can get a gun that has damage of about 20000. At the moment i am level 15 and my guns has a rating of 4000.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Playing the Division on PS4. Like it so far, but certain points can get boring and repetitive like Ubisofts other games like Far Cry and Watch Dogs.

If you are playing with friends the Dark Zone is good entertainment.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Playing "7 Days to Die", zombie survival game with lots of exploring, crafting and base building. Everything within the game is able to be destroyed, buildings, bridges, can tunnel. Tip if anyone does play it, change days from lasting 50minutes to 120 and 18hours of daylight, otherwise days go way too quick to accomplish anything.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Not enough Dota love on here, always makes me sad :(
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Started playing Rocket league recently, plenty of fun with mates, especially if you're as bad as I am.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Had it for a free trial weekend, it's a great time waster

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

What is it??
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:What is it??
Basically a soccer game using cars in an indoor arena, 1 on 1 or 2 on 2. Good fun and time killer, they've added a basketball version as well, can't believe how awesome some people are at it watching them on YouTube.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Manbush wrote:
The Nickman wrote:What is it??
Basically a soccer game using cars in an indoor arena, 1 on 1 or 2 on 2. Good fun and time killer, they've added a basketball version as well, can't believe how awesome some people are at it watching them on YouTube.
This sums it up (although I usually play 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 and there are a couple of other modes available) but undersells it a bit, what makes it fun and gives it the 'rocket' part of the name is that the cars have boosters which you can use to jump and kind of propel yourself through the air to take shots and defend.
A lot of the fun I've had comes from the fact that because your in a car and have these rockets, you have to anticipate where the ball is going to go, start driving there and launch yourself early, as you've got to hit the ball with momentum. You can't just run a player over there and hit the kick button once he receives it like a normal football/soccer game. In my case this usually ends up with me either completely missing the ball (in attack or defence) or c***ing it up bad enough to score own goals or interfere with my own teams shots. The games are quite short so it does serve as a good time waster as Lenny mentioned. I picked it up in the summer steam sale (I believe its still going?) but AFAIK its also available on console.
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

If you can get a trial of it its worth doing so (I played a mates version who was visiting at the time) before buying in case its not your thing. Although I believe steam still lets you claim a refund if you do so in a quick enough period and have low enough hours played, so you could always buy it and refund if its not your go (making sure you read the conditions ofc)
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Yeah I had it on xbone $30 on the Xbox store atm

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-TW- wrote:Yeah I had it on xbone $30 on the Xbox store atm

I like the sound of this x-bone thingy
Edrick The Entertainer
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Bought Destiny yesterday. Started playing it this morning. The storyline makes no sense at all. I had been playing it for about 45 minutes and still nothing had been explained to me.
Gameplay itself is quality though.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Playing 'this war of mine ' on xbox.

It's very addictive, slightly depressing and I think impossible to win.

Basically it's set in a war torn eastern Europe country. You need to rebuild your shelter, barter with your neighbours and ward off intruders.

You can play up to 4 game characters at a time.

It take a bit of thinking, because your decisions will influence the characters who may end up committing suicide if you are too aggressive in your actions.

Worth a look.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Notaroboticfish wrote:Bought Destiny yesterday. Started playing it this morning. The storyline makes no sense at all. I had been playing it for about 45 minutes and still nothing had been explained to me.
Sounds like real life.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Notaroboticfish wrote:Bought Destiny yesterday. Started playing it this morning. The storyline makes no sense at all. I had been playing it for about 45 minutes and still nothing had been explained to me.
Not a fan of it really

Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

-TW- wrote:
Not a fan of it really

Found a pre owned version for $12 at EB games, decided I may as well buy it.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Fair, I paid $60 odd for mine

This new pokemon go app has taken off like wild fire.. the amount of adults walking around in circles in the city was amazing*

*I may have been one of them

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

The Video Game Thread

Post by Sid »

I'm a big fan of the gameplay, I'm not big on first person shooters, but yes, the storyline was a massive let down. I finished the game and still don't really understand what it was about.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Sid wrote:
I'm a big fan of the gameplay, I'm not big on first person shooters, but yes, the storyline was a massive let down. I finished the game and still don't really understand what it was about.
I repeat, like real life then.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Manchild
Jason Croker

Post by Manchild »

Is anyone still playing the Division on PS4? The new expansion just came out for underground.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Im playing pokemon go. What have i become?
Dont delete this GE
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Need to put some lures at the game tonight, bring in the kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manchild
Jason Croker

Post by Manchild »

Brewdle wrote:Need to put some lures at the game tonight, bring in the kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha kids??? more like middle aged men. I cannot believe the amount of grown men actually doing this ****.

On another note that would not be a bad idea. I could see big corporations / sporting teams paying big money for this game to lure people to their shops / events.
Last edited by Manchild on July 11, 2016, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.