jedski
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Re: Josh Hodgson takes suspension, misses Eels clash

Post by jedski »

zim wrote:
Campo88 wrote:
zim wrote:
Ultima wrote:Seriously why wouldn't we fight this?!?!?! Our options were: Early guilty, 75 carry over. No contest, 1 week suspension. Challenge the ruling, 0 points or 1 week suspension.... **** would you pick the worst option?!?!?!
You don't think having 75 carry over would be the worst option when we don't need him to play?
He's meaning that we could have challenged and either had him this weekend (still rest him), no suspension to his name and zero carryover, or lose the challenge, have a suspension to his name and zero carryover.

The only thing we gained with a no contest was no judiciary appearance fees
Ah ok. I thought the carry over occurred if he was found guilty as well.
Bit odd to have a system that punishes repeat offenders not having carry over points if you are tried and found guilty.
Pretty sure there would be a loading on his next offense, I think it's around 25%
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:
bleedgreen99 wrote:
Pigman wrote:Well, that's odd
But kinda great
Yeah I don't mind it
I like the idea of Baptiste getting some extra minutes and I like that our most important player is getting a much needed week off to be fresh

But man it's going to sting if he narrowly misses the dally m medal
It might. But if taking the loading cost him a chance to play a prelim or GF I think that would be worse.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

jedski wrote:
zim wrote:
Campo88 wrote:
zim wrote:
Ultima wrote:Seriously why wouldn't we fight this?!?!?! Our options were: Early guilty, 75 carry over. No contest, 1 week suspension. Challenge the ruling, 0 points or 1 week suspension.... **** would you pick the worst option?!?!?!
You don't think having 75 carry over would be the worst option when we don't need him to play?
He's meaning that we could have challenged and either had him this weekend (still rest him), no suspension to his name and zero carryover, or lose the challenge, have a suspension to his name and zero carryover.

The only thing we gained with a no contest was no judiciary appearance fees
Ah ok. I thought the carry over occurred if he was found guilty as well.
Bit odd to have a system that punishes repeat offenders not having carry over points if you are tried and found guilty.
Pretty sure there would be a loading on his next offense, I think it's around 25%
Cheers,
bleedgreen99
Brett Mullins

Post by bleedgreen99 »

Matt wrote: It might. But if taking the loading cost him a chance to play a prelim or GF I think that would be worse.
Yeh the only real sting would be felt by the punters lol. He's got many seasons to win the dally m
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

It'll all be worth the sacrifice when he's wearing the Clive Churchill medal at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine