It looks to me, it smells to me like '89

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Coxey
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: It looks to me, it smells to me like '89

Post by Coxey »

greeneyed wrote:Yes there's pre sale for members if there's a home final.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Awesome, thank god for that. Luckily I've got ANZ memberships tickets avail for any games there...knowing my luck we'll be at Allianz. But hanging to be at Bruce for the semi's.
#bleedgreen2016
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Sid wrote:When do grand final tickets usually sell out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably within a month or so, there's reserves for the clubs who make it
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Daley: 'Raiders will win the comp': http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leagu ... omp!540908
Coxey
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Coxey »

greeneyed wrote:VIDEO: Daley: 'Raiders will win the comp': http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leagu ... omp!540908
I wish the 'ol boys would keep a bit of a lid on it...but hey..i'm excited too and I guess they are just as much as everyone else.

TBH Loz picked the winner of the GF last year didnt he..?
#bleedgreen2016
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Coxey wrote:
greeneyed wrote:VIDEO: Daley: 'Raiders will win the comp': http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leagu ... omp!540908
I wish the 'ol boys would keep a bit of a lid on it...but hey..i'm excited too and I guess they are just as much as everyone else.

He tipped the cowboys would win in extra time by a Thurston field goal.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Bay 67
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Elliot Whitehead

Post by Bay 67 »

dubby wrote:
Coxey wrote:

He tipped the cowboys would win in extra time by a Thurston field goal.

Picked it by a nose.
Raiders Lime, what they really drink in the dressing room.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves here so I will word this strategically. For the the purpose of this question lets say we're all Melbourne Storm fans. If Storm make the Grand Final what ticket allocation is reserved for us Storm fans to attend?

I'm sure most of us would want to go see our beloved Melbourne Storm play in the Grand Final but don't want to commit to it until we know we're there. ;)
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

jedski wrote:How good would a repeat of 89 be? Wins to Canberra and Hawthorn!
Preach it mate! What an incredible weekend that would be if both teams were to make a grand final. Huge game for the Hawks today...
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

twistedbydesign wrote:
Preach it mate! What an incredible weekend that would be if both teams were to make a grand final. Huge game for the Hawks today...
And horrible it turned out to be. Well my mates, let's not be greedy - I could live with just a Raiders GF win, if it comes to that...
Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Post by Guy Incognito »

Northern Raider wrote:Don't want to get ahead of ourselves here so I will word this strategically. For the the purpose of this question lets say we're all Melbourne Storm fans. If Storm make the Grand Final what ticket allocation is reserved for us Storm fans to attend?

I'm sure most of us would want to go see our beloved Melbourne Storm play in the Grand Final but don't want to commit to it until we know we're there. ;)
The last few years they have held back 14,000 tickets for members of the two teams.
Raiders Fan
Brett Mullins

Re: It looks to me, it smells to me like '89: Daley

Post by Raiders Fan »

Brew wrote:Laurie would know what the smell is like with his nose Image

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

yep!!!

DarkRaider
Glenn Lazarus

Post by DarkRaider »

Freddy and Justin Hodges both tipping Raiders to win the premiership this year on the Sunday Footy Show. Joey tipping us to make the GF but lose to Melbourne.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Hodges was writing us off about 2 weeks ago! I'm ok with it though. This bandwagon is big enough for everyone!
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

I hate bandwagoners. As Ricky said last week we have long memories and been bagged from pillar to post.
Channel 9 and go jump.
Except Joey who did rate us. The fact we didn't get another Channel 9 for the last 6 weeks speaks volumes

In Ricky We Trust
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Listening to Ricky in today's presser he's pretty keen to talk down our chances, saying that this year is about gaining experience and holding us in good stead for the future as semis are a different kettle of fish in terms of intensity. I know where he is coming from, but I believe (and I honestly never thought I'd say this about a Raiders team ever again) we can win it this year if a few things go our way - and it would be a breath of fresh air for rugby league.
Shano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: The dood with the boofy hair

Post by Shano »

Smart words from Ricky, the boys are gunna learn a lot in the finals
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

DarkRaider wrote:Freddy and Justin Hodges both tipping Raiders to win the premiership this year on the Sunday Footy Show. Joey tipping us to make the GF but lose to Melbourne.
:lol:

Justin Hodges. Please.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Seiffert82 wrote:
DarkRaider wrote:Freddy and Justin Hodges both tipping Raiders to win the premiership this year on the Sunday Footy Show. Joey tipping us to make the GF but lose to Melbourne.

Justin Hodges. Please.
Hodges also said he was joking about the Raiders wooden spoon prediction.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Oh yeah.
Sun Coast Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Sun Coast Raider »

Sid wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:

Justin Hodges. Please.
Hodges also said he was joking about the Raiders wooden spoon prediction.
Yes it was an inside joke with the producer I believe he said. Everyone else went Newcastle so he'd thought he'd wind someone up who is a Raiders fan.
He must be deeply hurt at all the remarks on this forum over it :D

Johns also tipped a wet GF for some reason....
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Sun Coast Raider wrote: Johns also tipped a wet GF for some reason....
No way he's doing dry October mate!
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

They often say you need that first experience of the pressure a GF brings before winning one.

In my opinion we've played pressure football for a good part of the season. The last month has seen us dropping out of the four but only regaining it on completion of the round. We were doing similar mid season when we were pushing for 7th or 8th. Add to that we have had four golden points winning two, drawing one and losing the other. We've also often started off slowly only to run down the opposition in the 2nd half.

Another stat we've played five of a possible six games against top 4 sides, winning four, losing one (at the beginning of the season without Austin and Sezers's first game back from injury).
I don't post facts
Bullraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Bullraider »

gangrenous wrote:
Sun Coast Raider wrote: Johns also tipped a wet GF for some reason....
No way he's doing dry October mate!
That would be Octsober
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Raidersfan wrote:They often say you need that first experience of the pressure a GF brings before winning one.

In my opinion we've played pressure football for a good part of the season. The last month has seen us dropping out of the four but only regaining it on completion of the round. We were doing similar mid season when we were pushing for 7th or 8th. Add to that we have had four golden points winning two, drawing one and losing the other. We've also often started off slowly only to run down the opposition in the 2nd half.

Another stat we've played five of a possible six games against top 4 sides, winning four, losing one (at the beginning of the season without Austin and Sezers's first game back from injury).
None of the last 3 premiers had any recent Grand Final experience. I think Thurston and SBW are quite possibly the only players from those 3 teams to have played in a Grand Final before losing one (don't quote me on that though)
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Notaroboticfish wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:They often say you need that first experience of the pressure a GF brings before winning one.

None of the last 3 premiers had any recent Grand Final experience. I think Thurston and SBW are quite possibly the only players from those 3 teams to have played in a Grand Final before losing one (don't quote me on that though)
You could argue world cup finals and state of origin make up for that though.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

CJ42 wrote:
Notaroboticfish wrote:

You could argue world cup finals and state of origin make up for that though.
Yes, but it's not as if the entire team played Origin or World Cup finals. And World Cup Finals are lower down compared to the other two in terms of big game experience.
PabloKang2620
Alan Tongue

Post by PabloKang2620 »

Didn't Hodges tip us for the wooden spoon at the start of the year? I'm sure I read that he had on some League Nation show.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Just because I rock doesn't mean I'm made of stone
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

South's didn't lose a GF before they won it, neither did the cowboys.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Fair Cop
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Raps

Post by Fair Cop »

For all our inexperience I think we have a good smattering of big game players. Hodgo and Whitehead have played in finals in the super league, Sia and BJ have finals experience and Paps with origin. We also showed in that storm game that when the level has to be lifted we thrive on it.

Until we're there we won't know but I think it's not as big a deal for us as some people may think.
#The Clap #The Team #The Vibe
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Tigers won it in 2005 with an inexperienced team