Sea Eagles 13+
No votes

Total votes: 14

simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: 2016 Rd 25 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews

Post by simo »

Raiders666 wrote:just read the Manly forum and they have a thread on Jarrod Croker....1 guy reckons he isn't a centre and he would make the ideal halves partner for DCE :roflmao
like dylan walker
Dont delete this GE
CBR82
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Meninga

Post by CBR82 »

Tonight's game should decided it. If Sharks beat Souths then they are basically guaranteed top 2 with only a mathematical chance of Raiders over taking them.

At that point they're playing for nothing in terms of the ladder in the next 2 weeks. The players have spoken themselves in the past at how beneficial the bye has been to treat injuries - I would have thought with nothing to challenge for on the ladder it's a no absolute no brainer to rest your key players after such an intensive 2 months of football (physicality of Sharks and Storm games).

This match would be the one I'd prefer to do it - especially if Manly have no Walker/Lyon.

Edrick will need to get match fitness back and test the injury; I'd rest Austin to get the ankle right and I think important to have Williams out there testing combinations if something happens at this late stage of the season. Rest Paulo given the ribs with Vaughan coming in if fit, start Baptiste with a view to giving him 50-60 mins (still coming back from injury so get the fitness back up and cotton wool Hodgo somewhat); rest Papalii given the amount of high intensity he has played in the back of the season; play Lima off the bench if fit.

1. Wighton
2. E. Lee
3. Croker
4. BJ
5. Rapana
6. Williams
7. Sezer
8. Vaughan
9. Baptiste
10. Boyd
11. Sia
12. Whitehead
13. Bateman

14. Hodgson
15. Lima
16. Priest
17. Tapine
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

-TW- wrote:Then you risk messing up the combinations that have only just started to fire

Bellamy did this a couple of years ago and it bit them in the **** hard
I agree with this and thought it could backfire resting players. But reading an article yesterday, Ricky seemed pretty concerned about the players plateauing at finals times and not being fresh.

I kinda worries me he has said that openly, but he is a bit of a master of mind games, so who knows!

We could give Brenko Lee, Fensom, Jarrad Kennedy, Zac Santo and Williams a run if that the direction Stuart wanted to go.

Of course this could lead to the side copping a hiding and losing confidence. On the flip if you hit a form slump like the Sharks have the last two weeks come finals time you are out in straight sets.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

LP Raider wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote:
dubby wrote:You don't rest players, not at this time of year, not when you're looking to build / sustain momentum, not when you look at what impact it had on us today sans Hodgson.

I hope Vaughan is ready.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Vaughan's defence isn't up to FG standard. He won't be playing again this season unless we're desperate.
Pretty sure GEM knows what he's talking about on this occasion, tipped Vaughan to be dropped on his defensive inabilities before it happened.
There's a big difference between his defence being down and not being FG standard. There are plenty of teams he is playing first grade for. We just happen to have a lot of depth at the moment and some very good young guys / inexperienced guys hitting their straps.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

The last two premiers came third :hmmm
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

If you are going to rest players then this is the week to do it. Means they freshen up now then have a game to get the eye back in before the finals.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Moderate chance of rain during the week. Might pay to have a lighter pack
Dont delete this GE
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Notaroboticfish wrote:The last two premiers came third :hmmm
oh ****... uhm... go sharks?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL: Shannon Boyd says forwards must step up in Junior Paulo's absence

Canberra's premiership aspirations could take a hit with Raiders forward Junior Paulo awaiting scan results (rib cartilage).

"There's no individuals, it's a group game and everyone's got to do it together, not just one person," Boyd said. "It's always good to start with Junior, he does a lot of work. We've been starting pretty well together. Someone's going to have to fill his shoes. Not so much me but it's going to have to be someone else that's starting with me. Hopefully Junior is all right but we'll wait and see what happens."

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... qxxc0.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL: Blake Austin says Canberra Raiders "would play in Africa" for a shot at glory

Canberra five-eighth Blake Austin says the Raiders "would play in Africa if they had to" as they gear up for a premiership tilt.

It's just the way it's panned out," Austin said. "We'll play a game of footy anywhere to be honest. We're just excited to be in that mix for the finals series. [We'll] spend a bit of time by the beach in Manly and then out to Leichhardt. Two pretty traditional grounds in our game, and it should be enjoyable."

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... qxxbb.html
Fair Cop
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Raps

Post by Fair Cop »

I think it would be folly to rest a lot of players at once but it would be stupid to think a couple of players wouldn't benefit from a week off.

If we were to say rest Austin and Paulo for this game then I don't think that would have a detrimental impact on our combinations. You have to draw a balance between keeping the roll going and making sure you don't have certain players burn out.

The finals will be another level up in intensity so it would pay to have players that need it refreshed and also to have guys like Sam Williams get some top grade game time leading into the finals just in case they need to come in.
#The Clap #The Team #The Vibe
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

Pigman wrote:Anyone who genuinely needs a rest, should have it, Austin has been clearly carrying an injury of late and Paulo picked one up today, i'd be happy to rest those guys and even Whitehead whos probably played ever minute of the season so far. But we shouldnt be resting players for the sake of it.
Nah I think we should experiment with combinations .. just in case
I don't post facts
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

simo wrote:Moderate chance of rain during the week. Might pay to have a lighter pack
I'll like the new weather report segment Simo but you've posted in the wrong thread mate :cmon
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

If we're up by 24+ with 10-15 to go, absolutely we should.
And I suspect should that situation or something like it occur, Stuart will give some key players an early mark and do exactly that. Almost every coach does this time of year when they get the chance
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Archer wrote:
simo wrote:Moderate chance of rain during the week. Might pay to have a lighter pack
I'll like the new weather report segment Simo but you've posted in the wrong thread mate :cmon
No new segments yet this week so may as well add Simo's Weather Report
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Raiders666 wrote:just read the Manly forum and they have a thread on Jarrod Croker....1 guy reckons he isn't a centre and he would make the ideal halves partner for DCE :roflmao
Makes perfect sense when you have had Dylan Walker there all year.
WorkChoice
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

LP Raider wrote:
Makes perfect sense when you have had Dylan Walker there all year.
Fair call
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I made these new club song videos on YouTube for the finals, given the old ones were very out of date.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Northern Raider wrote:
Archer wrote:
No new segments yet this week so may as well add Simo's Weather Report
I think you'll find that there is a new moderately humerous segment in the segment list thread. Its all about posting segments from last week in this weeks segment list in this weeks segment thread.
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

greeneyed wrote:NRL: Shannon Boyd says forwards must step up in Junior Paulo's absence

Canberra's premiership aspirations could take a hit with Raiders forward Junior Paulo awaiting scan results (rib cartilage).

"There's no individuals, it's a group game and everyone's got to do it together, not just one person," Boyd said. "It's always good to start with Junior, he does a lot of work. We've been starting pretty well together. Someone's going to have to fill his shoes. Not so much me but it's going to have to be someone else that's starting with me. Hopefully Junior is all right but we'll wait and see what happens."

A 6+ week injury would suck big time.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

greeneyed wrote:
Seriously, the Green Machine song **** all over what we've run out to this year. I can't stand it.

Having the Viking Clap before and then Green Machine as they run out would be near perfect IMO.
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

greeneyed wrote:

I made these new club song videos on YouTube for the finals, given the old ones were very out of date.
thanks GE.
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

I'm loving Highway to Hell myself and the viking clap was cool but we need to add the grunting bit
Fair Cop
Brett Mullins

Post by Fair Cop »

Chicka's shoe wrote:I'm loving Highway to Hell myself and the viking clap was cool but we need to add the grunting bit
Definitely need to work in the grunt.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

afgtnk wrote:Real test this weekend and next, huge games that are gonna make or break our season IMO and prove if we're worthy contenders or not.

We'll need to be at our best that's for sure, probably one of our most important games so far.
***Piss Take***
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Sharks lose.

Second place is open if we're good enough.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Oh boy. Level F/A and they've got the Storm away final round.

It's on. Home final bitches - cmon.
RaiderSteve78
Peter Jackson

Post by RaiderSteve78 »

Timbo wrote:Sharks lose.

Second place is open if we're good enough.
We need them to drop one more game before 2nd is open. It won't matter how good we are if the Sharks find their game (which they won't) and beat the Roosters and Storm.
Fair Cop
Brett Mullins

Post by Fair Cop »

**** yeah!
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Seiffert82 wrote:
greeneyed wrote:NRL: Shannon Boyd says forwards must step up in Junior Paulo's absence

A 6+ week injury would suck big time.
I would say worst case they would needle it for the semis.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Bunnies have given us the mathematical possibility of finishing in 2nd place by beating the Sharks. With the 6 tries scored on the weekend the Raiders now have scored 101 tries this year. First side to make the century of tries. Last year as a Top 4 attacking side we finished with 97. In defence last year we also finished with 97 tries against. With two games remaining we have 71 tries against. For those of us who have been dreaming of the vast improvement in defence we have seen it in the second part of this year. Still some work to do after the first half last week but a noticeable improvement over last year.

I don't expect Manly to be easy at Brookvale. The current 17 in green with Hodgo added to the list from last week, should be good enough to win. I don't expect to see any 'resting' of players.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

First raiders side ever to score 100 red?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

Chicka's shoe wrote:I'm loving Highway to Hell myself and the viking clap was cool but we need to add the grunting bit
I too am thoroughly enjoying highway to hell, its a great riff that revs people up. I like the bad and mean song but it sounds very dated and not in the whole when the saints go marching in kind of dated but more in a poxy mixing and recording kind of way....
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It needs a re-record
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

exactly, its like they taped it on a dictaphone played it through a cassette player, re recorded it on the dictaphone playing it over park footy speakers. I'd much prefer a silky guitar riff with nice production values