Storm 13+
No votes

Total votes: 18

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: 2016 Finals Wk 3 V Storm: Teams and Previews

Post by Seiffert82 »

How good is it going into a game where everybody has given us a snowflakes chance of winning, knowing full well we have recently demolished these clowns!

It will be interesting to see how our boys go and whether they have learned anything from the Penrith game. The way to beat Melbourne is to get early ball to the centres, but not gift them too much cheap posession.

We've got nothing much to lose to be honest, except that this is an excellent year for a team like us to jag a grand final. Melbourne are a quality lineup for sure, but they are not the team they were when they won the comp 4 years ago.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Regs Revolution wrote:Who watched Mounties yesterday?

Sam Williams is such a great player. He deserves a starting spot at some team.

Also Lima dominated them.
Yeah watched the second half, Tigers were brave but Mounties class got them over the line in the end
godofcheese
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by godofcheese »

Raider Azz wrote:
godofcheese wrote:
Raider Azz wrote:
godofcheese wrote:

You've got to feel a little sorry for Shillo, sitting there listening to Ricky tell the world that the team has no Origin quality players.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but that isn't Shillington, it's Brett White.
Wasn't being sarcastic, was being tired and getting my old has been origin players mixed up. The comment still holds true though. Whitey sitting there, as an origin player, listening to Ricky say we won't be competitive until we have origin quality players at the club. That was at a time we also had Shillo and TLL.
Yeah but none of them had played origin in years at that point.
Shillo had played in the previous years series. Brett and Tom, true, not since 2010. Still must be hard sitting there listening.
Interstate Member #3382
How is 2017 Looking?: 1. J Wighton, 2. J. Rapana, 3. J Croker (C), 4. J. Leilua, 5. N. Cotric, 6. B Austin, 7. A. Sezar, 8. S. Boyd, 9. J Hodgson, 10. J. Paulo, 11. J. Papalli, 12. E. Whitehead, 13. S. Soliola, 14. K. Baptiste, 15. J. Tapine, 16. D. Taylor, 17. L. Bateman = Looking Good
Morgo
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Morgo »

I'm really confident about this week. I really think we can do this. I've got a lot of time for Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk, they have been the standard for a long time, but the play a slow methodical style which i think plays into our hands a little bit. I think Joey and Jordan can really do a number on their opposites. So long as we defend their block plays well, Harris and Proctor are really good ball playing back rowers. If we can shut them down outside, i dont think they can take us on and beat us up the middle, even with Smith directing play.

Get excited. We could be headed to a grand final soon! GO RAIDERS
fulivai
David Grant

Post by fulivai »

It is mental that season before last we had White, Tilse and Shillington as our front rowers. No disrespect to those guys, they all tried their guts out but how quickly things have changed.
Last edited by fulivai on September 19, 2016, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

hiriser wrote:
zim wrote:Looking forward to seeing Joey up against Cheyse Blair again :)
There is no way the Storm don't plan for this and come up with ways to protect Blair.
Everything we did well last game, I'm sure Melbourne will try to gameplan against it. Will have to expect a skinny 10, so will have to prepare for a grind a perhaps a few more show and go's and maybe a couple of grubbers behind the line.
Pretty hard to protect a centre in defense.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Yeah, you can't really protect a centre without working exceptionally hard on the inside which can create problems back on the inside.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Does anyone think Morgan gets a run over cheyse? Surely they can't think too hard about changing things up to protect cheyse, that will be our ticket.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former players Blake Ferguson, Todd Carney and Josh Dugan all on the Canberra Raiders bandwagon

THEY were either moved on or sacked, but former members of the Raiders Rat Pack are still right behind the new, cleanskin Green Machine.

Carney posted on Twitter: “Flights are booked to get home when use (sic) win next week.’’ Blake Ferguson, who was sacked in 2013, also for too many off-field headlines, posted: “@RaidersCanberra playing grouse footy. How good’’

“I’ve been watching the boys and they’re playing really well,’’ Josh Dugan said as he prepared for the Prime Minister’s XIII match.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... public_rss
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

**** off
Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders won't buy-in to Storm wrestle talk

If Melbourne want to play rough, halfback Aidan Sezer says Canberra will happily return serve.

"At this level every team is rough and you're always sore," Sezer said. "Hopefully our boys are rough, too, to them."

"If you run hard, then that's not going to come into play," Josh Papalii said. "We've just got to try and be better than Melbourne at what they do."

Read more: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016 ... estle-talk
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

bonehead wrote:**** off
Indeed, can I also add that they can **** a **** as well.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

now now boney

I have a feeling if Stuart had been around for Carney things would have been different.
I don't post facts
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Raidersfan wrote:
now now boney

I have a feeling if Stuart had been around for Carney things would have been different.
History, he shat on the club and the fans so he can just **** off
Edrick The Entertainer
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Who the **** does Duges think he's still "boys" with? Half that team is gone and the rest think he's a #$%^smoker.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

I don't mind Toddy getting involved. He sent us Whitehead after all. The other pair can **** RIGHT off
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders to shun boring footy

Canberra Raiders halfback Aidan Sezer says his side will not get sucked in to the Storm’s “boring” style of play in Saturday night’s preliminary final at AAMI Park.

“I think conditions will play a part but we don’t want to go down there and play into Melbourne’s hands and just play boring footy,” Sezer said. “We want to test them and play a bit of Raider footy and get a win like we did on the weekend. I think it’s about defence and we can build a platform from that and you can’t hold back."

Read more: http://www.insidesport.com.au/league/ne ... lay-437761
Gillfish
David Furner
Favourite Player: Canberra No1's since 1986

Post by Gillfish »

Todd is a good bloke, just extremely bad on the juice and can't seem to stay away from it.
The other two can EAD
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL finals: Canberra Raiders unconcerned by Melbourne Storm alleged dangerous tackling techniques

The Canberra Raiders have no fears the Melbourne Storm's controversial tackling techniques are dangerous, despite allegations three North Queensland Cowboys players suffered neck injuries the last time they met the minor premiers.

"Obviously they're a good defensive team and we can't wait for the challenge. We've got to watch some video," Josh Papalii said. "If you run hard then that's not going to come into play. We've just got to be better than Melbourne at what they do."

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... rjk2a.html
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Ferguson would still be with us if Ricky was coach at the time. He's very close to Blake, and would have been good for him at the time. It was Ricky who encouraged Ferguson to come to Canberra in the first place.

I've no doubt Carney loved the raiders, but he's just a dummy on the drink

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

"Raider footy". Good shizzle my Sezer nizzle. Hope we can do just that and get out to an early lead with it. Not keen on trying to run down the storm if they are defending a lead, or even going toe to toe with them in a tight struggle.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Josh Papalii backs Josh Hodgson to match Cameron Smith in epic battle of NRL’s top hookers

He rates Cameron Smith as the best in the NRL, but Josh Papalii reckons Canberra teammate Josh Hodgson will give the Melbourne hooker a run for his money in Saturday’s grand final qualifier.

“It will be a big challenge for Hodgo, going up against someone who has been doing it for years in the NRL - the Australian captain, the Maroons captain, and especially when he’s leading Melbourne down there.

“It’s going to be a tough ask to go and do a job on them, but it’s a challenge I reckon Hodgo’s looking forward to.”

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 8699246d7b
Gillfish
David Furner

Post by Gillfish »

My feeling is we match up better with the Storm than Cowboys although the home field advantage adds to their chances.
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

All this bad press for Melbourne's wrestling is absolutely fantastic for us. Hopefully the refs are all over them in the ruck and we can get out and play some fast paced footy.
fulivai
David Grant

Post by fulivai »

Gillfish wrote:Todd is a good bloke, just extremely bad on the juice and can't seem to stay away from it.
The other two can EAD
Ive never understood this type of comment. If you urinate on people, urinate in your own mouth, spit on people for not giving you a cigarette, bark like a dog at girls, you are definately not a good bloke.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

:lol: indeed.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Golfer Brendan Jones says he'll miss tournament if Canberra Raiders make Grand Final

An avid Canberra Raiders fan, Jones is adamant he will be attending the NRL Grand Final should his beloved team qualify this weekend.

“The other issue I am facing is that if the Raiders win next Saturday against the Storm then there is no way I will not be at the Grand Final so that is another aspect I need to consider,” he said.

“It would mean I will miss the Tokai Classic but we will see how things unfold there.”

Read more: http://www.golflink.com.au/news/tour-ne ... h-win.aspx
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

dubby wrote:Ferguson would still be with us if Ricky was coach at the time. He's very close to Blake, and would have been good for him at the time. It was Ricky who encouraged Ferguson to come to Canberra in the first place.

I've no doubt Carney loved the raiders, but he's just a dummy on the drink

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Haha, let's not re-write history here, Dubby.

Ferguson was re-signed by the club and did so with a clause in his contract regarding David Furner, we sacked him but lets not beat around the bush here, he walked out, effectively exercising his clause to leave if the coach was sacked. He was "sacked" on the 5th of Sept, this at a time when it was a foregone conclusion that Stuart would be our next coach, Stuart was officially announced on the 12th of September, only 7 days later... you dont think the club consulted heavily with their future coach about how to handle Ferguson? You dont think if Fergo desperately wanted to be coached by Stuart that he wouldnt just go through the motions knowing Stick was on his way for 2014? Stuart to the Raiders was all but announced the very same afternoon Furner was sacked. Everyone knew what was up, Fergo and his manager included.

Come on now, be serious. If he wanted to be here under Stuart and if Stuart wanted him, he'd be here. Either Stuart didnt want him, or Fergo didnt want to be here. I'd make a fairly strong case that it was a little bit of both.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson says grapple on Jesse Bromwich forgotten as tensions simmer over wrestling

JOSH Hodgson says the tackle Andrew Johns labelled a “cheap shot” won’t be on Melbourne’s minds, but tensions are high in the NRL amid claims three Cowboys players were injured by Storm wrestling tactics.

“It was just one of those tackles, a silly tackle,” Hodgson said. “I know I’m not that kind of player. It was just one of those things, a mistake and they happen. But everyone makes mistakes and I’d say everyone’s moved on.”

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 4a49331f32
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

So that's 2 articles, 1 press conference, and quotes from 1 coach and 3 players about te Storm wrestling tactics.

I'm really glad we aren't going to highlight it!!!! Nice one Ricky, it's all the refs will look at a this week! Sticky really is great at media manipulation.
Gillfish
David Furner

Post by Gillfish »

fulivai wrote:
Gillfish wrote:Todd is a good bloke, just extremely bad on the juice and can't seem to stay away from it.
The other two can EAD
Ive never understood this type of comment. If you urinate on people, urinate in your own mouth, spit on people for not giving you a cigarette, bark like a dog at girls, you are definately not a good bloke.
I'll leave it for you to continue not understanding it.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Archer wrote:"Raider footy". Good shizzle my Sezer nizzle.
I liked him saying that too.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

godofcheese wrote:
TongueFTW wrote:You know what makes this even sweeter? The fact that Milford, Dugan and Ferguson will be at home watching a young Raiders side (average age around 24.7), with 7 Raiders juniors, playing for a spot in the GF against the best side in the comp.
If we happen to face the Sharks on GF day, it has to be called the Blake Fergusson cup right?

Leaving the Sharks to come to us in order to play in a grand final.
Funny how things sometimes work out as nature intended.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Gillfish wrote:
fulivai wrote:
The other two can EAD
how can you not understand a very simple statement, the bloke has a problem with alcohol. might not be the brightest bloke, might not be the worlds best bloke, but when not on the grog he is definately not doing all those things. I hope your children never have problems with drugs in their lives
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
fulivai
David Grant

Post by fulivai »

Hbomb wrote:
Gillfish wrote:
fulivai wrote:
The other two can EAD
how can you not understand a very simple statement, the bloke has a problem with alcohol. might not be the brightest bloke, might not be the worlds best bloke, but when not on the grog he is definately not doing all those things. I hope your children never have problems with drugs in their lives
Jeez calm down. I was not having a pop at gillfish. Just a comment. You are describing an alcoholic which i don't think carney was/is. Its pretty simple too, if you do stupid things when youre drunk, you get help and stop drinking. A good bloke wouldve done that. Anyway not here to argue about that old chestnut. Were in the prelims, enjoy!