Which is the best Raiders Sports Group Club?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

stevegp24
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Which is the best Raiders Sports Group Club?

Post by stevegp24 »

Hi, a group of us are travelling from Maitland to watch the Raiders play the Knights in round 25. We are planning to spend the weekend in Canberra and we'd like to know which one of the clubs is the best. We are going to have a Raiders v Knights themed dinner the night before the game (there will be Knights and Raiders supporters) and want to make sure this is OK to have in one of the clubs.
Cheers, Steve
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: Which is the best Raiders Sports Group Club?

Post by -TW- »

I don't think that would be an issue, maybe if it's a decent group look at booking first.

It really depends where you're looking at staying tbh. Raiders Belconnen is quite nice and has good food, but I haven't been to many of the others

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders Belconnen has been redeveloped inside and is a very nice club: http://www.raidersbelconnen.com.au/

Raiders Gungahlin was needing a revamp last time I was there and I think it's getting that at the moment, and it might be done by November. Looks like it'll be pretty nice: http://www.mygungahlin.com.au/posts/rai ... -extension

Queanbeyan Leagues has had a rennovation in 2011, and they made that into a pretty nice club as well - it's probably worn a bit since then though. Haven't been there for a while.

The Mawson Club was really good last time I was there... but that was a long time ago, as you'd never know it was a Raiders Group club. It was designed not to be a "leagues club". They seem to have added some Raiders branding... it is/was probably the swishest of all the clubs, but you won't get much sense you're in a leagues club. http://mawsonclub.com.au/heard-street-bar

The Weston Club is pretty nice as well and recently rennovated.

You can't go too far wrong with Mawson or Belconnen... and maybe Gungahlin by the time you go.

Agree with TW, organising a dinner of the sort you mention shouldn't be a problem.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'm quite partial to Belconnen - great food, and I like to sit at the window and look out over the field below, which is immaculately kept and looks rather like green carpet.

The burgers at the Weston club are outstanding.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

Last time I attempted to watch a game they didn't have Fox.
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

That's the Mawson Club, I'm talking aboyt
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

About! Consarnit!
Ezy
Brett Mullins

Post by Ezy »

Yeah I've got big wraps on Raiders Belconnen. Stonegrill is your friend.
Bullraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Bullraider »

Chicka's shoe wrote:That's the Mawson Club, I'm talking aboyt
I went to the Mawson Club last week, they have a brand new big screen TV and they definitely had Fox, it was pretty damn good. The food was very good as well :thumbsup
Gorilla
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Gorilla »

Last time I went to Mawson I wasn't allowed in with raiders jersey on as they said couldn't wear supporters gear. That was the last time I ever tried to go there - 8-10 years ago though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Interesting to note... I thought the Raiders owned the Toowoomba Sports Club... but it turns out it is only the building, not the business...

The Toowoomba Sports Club was now debt free and, while the Raiders Group owned the building and the club paid it rent, the club owned the business and all fittings inside the building.

Read more: https://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/st ... c/3228368/