Dragons 13+
30%

Total votes: 10

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2017 Rd 19 V Dragons: Game Day

Post by Northern Raider »

Raidersfan wrote:The boys were sucking in the big ones towards the end of normal time .. saw Elliott with his hands on top of his head, he looked like he had nothing left .. then he's there for the winner
I like the look on Croker's face at the extra time coin toss. Its was totally "not this **** again".
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

I was at work. Bloke standing next to me at the time was not prepared at all for the bear hug he got from me. Pretty sure i scared the crap out of him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Pigman wrote:Honestly, Sezer was **** awful. Austin was **** awful. Wighton was beyond awful. Hodgson had his worst game in green.
But that kind of win, i dunno, maybe it can spark something?

Sezer needs to kick on from those 2 plays. Because what he served up otherwise was absolute horse piss. Austin too.
Agreed, until the 40/20 Sezer was hopeless, terrible kicking game

Austin offered nothing all night

It's concerning, I don't think it would matter who we brought in under Ricky our halves would still struggle

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
green_queenslander
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: mal meninga

Post by green_queenslander »

Baptiste on at 75mins was odd

me + beer = yes
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I'm still no fan of Golden point but they are the rules and happy with the 2 competition points. Sezer gambled twice and came up with an intercept try (I didn't think he had the pace to go 80) and a 30/10 kick to put the Raiders in a position to win the game. DT had a powerful running game and came up with one offload - another gamble which proved to be a winner on the night.

I expect Papa will be suspended next week for the match against the Storm. The decline of Hodgo this year has been disappointing. Some selfish plays again tonight. Some poorly executed plays tonight. I still think he is our best chance of engineering points against the Storm. He has to call the plays so that the other players know what he is going to do though. He did it once tonight with JC which was oh so close to a try but JC lost the ball.

Should the Storm spine click though - look out Raiders.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Watching the game with my dragon's mate, you would've been forgiven for thinking we were watching a comedy. When mccrone runs sideways and waves the outside runner inside but never passes (like he's been doing since under 10s)..oh how we laughed and laughed.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

magoo wrote:Watching the game with my dragon's mate, you would've been forgiven for thinking we were watching a comedy. When mccrone runs sideways and waves the outside runner inside but never passes (like he's been doing since under 10s)..oh how we laughed and laughed.
Some of the stuff both sides dished up was comical. Some of the worst field goal attempts I've seen. No one wanted to win. Awful game really.
lickitysplit
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by lickitysplit »

works every time..put down a couple of grand against them and they win haha
volleyman
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by volleyman »

Raidersfan wrote:
volleyman wrote:
Lucky wrote:Great win, very lucky though
Absolutely!
Nobody left before full time/extra time which is GREAT!

Jeez it was freezing at the ground, not as bad as the week before the bye though.

Please don't go on about how good the result was.
It was a fluke.
You mean like some of the fluke wins against us this season
I thought I read in here they were all the ref's fault?
I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. You can't prove anything.
Except we can. Except we did. And soon EVERYONE will know too.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Hazza wrote:
magoo wrote:Watching the game with my dragon's mate, you would've been forgiven for thinking we were watching a comedy. When mccrone runs sideways and waves the outside runner inside but never passes (like he's been doing since under 10s)..oh how we laughed and laughed.
Some of the stuff both sides dished up was comical. Some of the worst field goal attempts I've seen. No one wanted to win. Awful game really.
When hodgson did that ridiculous kick near the end if I didn't laugh I would have cried
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Lucky wrote:Great win, very lucky though
The best thing is you lost $$$!!
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

RedRaider wrote: The decline of Hodgo this year has been disappointing. Some selfish plays again tonight. Some poorly executed plays tonight. I still think he is our best chance of engineering points against the Storm. He has to call the plays so that the other players know what he is going to do though.
Especially the three times he put in kicks close to the line. It almost worked the first time and was an abject failure after that.

Still, it's a win. Ten minutes before fulltime I heard the bloke in front of me say to his disbelieving friends that Whitehead would score the winning try. And when it happened he didn't even realise who had scored. I hope he says things like that again though.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders clinch golden-point epic

The combination of an Aidan Sezer 40-20 and a try to Elliott Whitehead has handed the Canberra Raiders a heart-stopping 18-14 golden-point victory over the St George Illawarra Dragons at GIO Stadium on Saturday night.

Sezer unearthed his sublime 2016 form off the boot to blast a 40-20 in the first period of extra-time, before Whitehead collected a Dave Taylor offload to cross under the posts in the ensuing set.

The epic passage of play arrested the Raiders’ four-game losing streak – and in so doing kept their finals hopes alive on another Arctic Canberra night – as a euphoric Ricky Stuart leapt into the arms of Shannon Boyd in front of a 10,977-strong crowd.

Canberra Raiders 18 (Nick Cotric, Aidan Sezer, Elliott Whitehead tries; Jarrod Croker 3 goals) def. St George Illawarra Dragons 14 (Gareth Widdop, Jason Nightingale tries; Gareth Widdop 3 goals) in golden point at GIO Stadium. Half-time: 10-6 Dragons.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2017/07/ ... _news.html

Highlights: Raiders v Dragons: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2017/07/ ... _news.html

Rd 19 Press Conference: Raiders: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2017/07/ ... _news.html

Team Song: Raiders v Dragons: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2017/07/ ... _news.html

Raiders topple Dragons in golden point: http://www.nrl.com/raiders-topple-drago ... fault.aspx

Raiders v Dragons: Five key points: http://www.nrl.com/raiders-v-dragons-fi ... fault.aspx

Luck's a fortune for relieved Raiders: http://www.nrl.com/lucks-a-fortune-for- ... fault.aspx

Injuries hit hard for beaten Dragons: http://www.nrl.com/injuries-hit-hard-fo ... fault.aspx
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders beat St George Illawarra Dragons in a thriller

For months now the Canberra Raiders have been searching for answers as to why they haven't been able to replicate last year's dream form. Combinations haven't clicked like they did, individuals aren't firing like they were.

So Raiders coach Ricky Stuart pulled some strings on the eve of kickoff by shifting halves Blake Austin and Aidan Sezer to opposite edges of the field against the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... xbipq.html

The Coal Train works up a head of steam: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... xbgux.html
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

-TW- wrote:
Pigman wrote:Honestly, Sezer was **** awful. Austin was **** awful. Wighton was beyond awful. Hodgson had his worst game in green.

Sezer needs to kick on from those 2 plays. Because what he served up otherwise was absolute horse piss. Austin too.

It's concerning, I don't think it would matter who we brought in under Ricky our halves would still struggle

:roll: Can we not save this kind of negative hyperbole for losses?
Great try assist for Cotric. Nearly nailed a 40m field goal. Many big drop outs. Nearly provided a try for Croker but the pass went astray. Some great spiral bombs. A great kick towards the end before Paps took dugan's head off.
Still heaps of improvement left but he was much better tonight than he had been for a few games.
Raiders Lim!
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Raiders Lim! »

zim wrote:
-TW- wrote:

Great try assist for Cotric. Nearly nailed a 40m field goal. Many big drop outs. Nearly provided a try for Croker but the pass went astray. Some great spiral bombs. A great kick towards the end before Paps took dugan's head off.
Still heaps of improvement left but he was much better tonight than he had been for a few games.
I'll have some more of this thanks.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

So we did win...good.

Just thought I'd get on here and confirm...

The rest of my w/end is now relaxed and calm.

How good does it feel ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Feels great pj

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

Great feeling to kick off a weekend with a win on the Friday night :)
lickitysplit
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by lickitysplit »

i'm no killjoy but it feels like a stay of execution
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote:Feels great pj

And now I'm bored.

What to do the rest of the weekend... :hmmm

I like winning, always have, big fan.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote:Feels great pj

And now I'm bored.

What to do the rest of the weekend... :hmmm

I like winning, always have, big fan.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Raiders Lim! wrote:
zim wrote:
-TW- wrote:

I'll have some more of this thanks.
It's a free world, gents
You're welcome to respond and react to the game however you please

As are we. Welcome to Internet forums, hope you enjoy your stay
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Raidersfan wrote:
Question wrote:Dead set cripple fight.
Bit tough to find some joy in the result tonight Q ?
No joy for me mate like is said win 4 in a row and I'll rise an eyebrow.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Gimme a R gimme a A gimmme a I....
This place is woke.
CRR

Post by CRR »

SACK SEZER
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Question wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
Queens of the Emos
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

lickitysplit wrote:i'm no killjoy but it feels like a stay of execution
It feels that way but a week is a long time in rugby league. We need to improve significantly on last night's performance but we saw glimpses of what made us so dangerous last year.
Sydney_Raider
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Sydney_Raider »

Would love to see a stat for the year on repeat sets gained v repeat sets conceded. Our halves and hooker are completely inept in that department and on the "conceded" side it's obvious our line speed, or lack of it, is a big contributor. Hard to get a line on TV but Jack Wighton's positional play (and bad hands) must be questioned. I wonder if anyone is mentoring him on the fullback role?
Sun Coast Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Sun Coast Raider »

I must say it is nice to have a win for a change. Especially against the Dragons. They are sliding out of the 8 very quickly it seems...

That was an absolute dog of a game. Both teams were awful.
I'm still stunned we won TBH. Sezer with 2 clutch plays and big DT providing a great pass and someone actually ran a support line!
I do get the people who think these ugly wins cover over problems and are half hoping we loose - but stuff that give me the win any day.

I really hope the boys get something from this and string some good performances together. We have to do something about our lack of a kicking game and giving up so many line drop outs. Melbourne won't need as many tackles as the Dragons did to score tries that's for sure.
Sun Coast Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Sun Coast Raider »

Sydney_Raider wrote:Would love to see a stat for the year on repeat sets gained v repeat sets conceded. Our halves and hooker are completely inept in that department and on the "conceded" side it's obvious our line speed, or lack of it, is a big contributor. Hard to get a line on TV but Jack Wighton's positional play (and bad hands) must be questioned. I wonder if anyone is mentoring him on the fullback role?
The Raiders have had some great fullbacks - surely it would not be too hard to get someone in. His positional play is definitely a problem, I'm not sure I want him defending up in the line either from fullback. If he makes a tackle he needs to get out of marker and get back.
I think it's a lost cause TBH. His support play is what really bugs me, he hardly ever supports the ball runner.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Northern Raider wrote:
Question wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
Queens of the Emos
Rubbish win
This place is woke.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki

Post by Pete Cash »

Cotric needs to go fullback sooner than later cause a team will offer him fullback money if he keeps developing and id rather it be us.
volleyman
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by volleyman »

Pete Cash wrote:Cotric needs to go fullback sooner than later cause a team will offer him fullback money if he keeps developing and id rather it be us.
He will never get picked for Origin at fullback
I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. You can't prove anything.
Except we can. Except we did. And soon EVERYONE will know too.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

lickitysplit wrote:i'm no killjoy but it feels like a stay of execution
Yep.

In the handful of games left we have to play the Storm twice and the Sharks once. Possible for us to make the finals, but the way we've been playing this year... realistically we're not going to finish top 8.

https://www.nrl.com/draw/telstrapremier ... fault.aspx

Show of hands: who can complete the ladder predictor with honest predictions and have us in the finals?