Rabbitohs 13+
4%

Total votes: 23

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Preliminary Final V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews

Post by bonehead »

Northern Raider wrote:
Sid wrote: September 23, 2019, 9:34 am This has been unfamiliar territory, heading to a prelim home game as favourites, I really haven’t known how to fan this past week
We've handled favouritism a lot better this year than previously. There's a completely different mindset from the team. Us fans could take a lead from that.
I'm talking it down, it's how I survive but inside is bubbling
Edrick The Entertainer
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Northern Raider wrote: September 23, 2019, 7:32 am
TongueFTW wrote: September 23, 2019, 6:25 am We definitely shouldn’t change Croker at this stage of the season, but his drop in kicking performance over the season is a concern as I believe it might be related to his knee injuries on that leg. He is kicking at 73% this season, which is well down on his career average.
Observing his body language it looks like a confidence issue. He's been an 80%+ kicker for many years, even in a team that scores the majority of tries out wide. Back then he would be expecting every kick to go over. If he missed he'd be cranky at himself for missing. This year when he misses his demeanor is more of disappointment. Subtle difference but a large one from a psychological perspective. Feels like he's letting the team down rather than not achieving his own high standards.

Realistically 73% is not great but it's also not terrible. You generally don't look to change kickers with that conversion rate. Even if we did it should be noted that Sezer has kicked at 76% for the Raiders in the times he's taken over. Not exactly a big upgrade.

In summary I wish Croker was in better form with the boot however I wouldn't be making any changes coming into a preliminary final.
Changing your kicker, key players etc are all very healthy discussions to have but not on the eve of a preliminary final!
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Naturally, everyone is assuming the winner of Storm/Roosters wins the GF. I hope they are proven wrong.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

A couple of months ago when that ladder prediction app first came out I was playing around with it and kept coming back to the current scenario, then had Storm and Raiders in the GF. I didn't predict all the results accurately, but the trend was right. At the time I thought I must have had green goggles over riding my calculations, but as I stated I kept coming back to the current scenario.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Cranky Old Man wrote: September 23, 2019, 11:30 am A couple of months ago when that ladder prediction app first came out I was playing around with it and kept coming back to the current scenario, then had Storm and Raiders in the GF. I didn't predict all the results accurately, but the trend was right. At the time I thought I must have had green goggles over riding my calculations, but as I stated I kept coming back to the current scenario.
Who won the grand final??
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins

Post by Cranky Old Man »

If we are in it, we win it!!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Cranky Old Man wrote: September 23, 2019, 11:35 am If we are in it, we win it!!
Yes!!!
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins

Post by Cranky Old Man »

On the subject of Guler, I find something admirable about his trajectory this year. At the start of the year he must have had a feeling that his stocks were down somewhat with the arrival of the Poms and the advance of Horseburger. He seemed a fair way away from seeing first grade but from all reports he just worked harder and harder rather than sook about his situation. Now, I can see him being an important cog in a GF bound team which must surely give him a big boost morale wise as well as professional development wise. I love seeing blokes battling through the tough times and with hard work and dedication getting well rewarded. Well done to Guler.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

It's all on the beard. It gives him magical powers.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Do Souths have an alternate jersey to wear in this game? The green in both their home and away clashes a bit with our home jersey imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

They wore red last time they played here.
Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Post by Guy Incognito »

julian87 wrote: September 23, 2019, 12:23 pm Do Souths have an alternate jersey to wear in this game? The green in both their home and away clashes a bit with our home jersey imo.
They are wearing the red jersey

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Azza wrote: September 23, 2019, 10:51 am Naturally, everyone is assuming the winner of Storm/Roosters wins the GF. I hope they are proven wrong.
Im hoping they play the GF 1 week early and belt the crap out of each other.

The more bruised and battered the better - If we make it to the GF, I really dont care HOW we win, just that we bloody well win.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Yep! I'm barracking for 10 minutes extra time and then golden point where Storm win with about 3 seconds to go, several injuries and half the team on report for cheap shots behind the play. I'm prepared to accept justthe injuries portion of this wish list.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's unlimited extra time, so it could effectively go til Wednesday

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I don't care what happens in the other match. Let's just focus on getting there ourselves. We'll be underdogs if we do, and that has suited this team perfectly this year, and I think we would be unlikely to get there and not at least push the other team hard.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Bennett's impact on Souths spirit obvious: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart

Ricky Stuart said South Sydney's ability to win games against the odds this season can be directly traced back to the influence of coach Wayne Bennett.

"He has that knack to get the best out of his team and he's obviously had a huge influence on how they're playing this year," Stuart said. "They grinded away to a really tough win, it was anybody's game and there was a bit of controversy around it but they just keep finding a way to win.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/23/ben ... us-stuart/

Wayne Bennett and Ricky Stuart will face off this week but ‘haven’t spoken in years’. Here’s why

Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett has denied any ill-feeling between himself and Ricky Stuart, despite admitting the pair haven’t spoken in a couple of years. The rivalry dates back to comments Stuart and Bennett made publicly in response to the off-field incidents that plagued the game throughout the 2018/19 off-season.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... abde894180

Cotric cleared for Canberra: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23/cas ... jury-news/

VIDEO: Soliola: Ricky’s had a massive influence in my life: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... n-my-life/

Raiders v Rabbitohs: Preliminary Final preview: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33641

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/23/rai ... l-preview/

Five Things: Raiders v Rabbitohs: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... rabbitohs/

NRL.com power rankings: 2. Canberra Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/23/sow ... battle-on/

@TheGHRaiders On Twitter

Time to vote JOHN BATEMAN Canberra Raiders fans!

Choose the NRL Try of the Year https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/23/cho ... -the-year/ via @NRL

Hear the latest from Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr #NRLRaidersSouths #NRLFinals

How will Raiders shape up? https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leag ... -up!748122
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

This is my call as well Cranky..

We are going all the way baby...

GF in Sydney..our away record is spot on.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart says sin-bins should serve as a warning to third most penalised Canberra Raiders

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart says the four sin-binnings across the NRL semi-finals are a lesson for players involved in this week’s preliminary finals.

“They’re smart enough; they understand it’s very important in any game of football, let alone a big match, to be really disciplined and I’m sure over the weekend has been a learning curve for everybody,” Stuart said on Monday.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... bf7066c786
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Azza wrote: September 23, 2019, 2:38 pm I don't care what happens in the other match. Let's just focus on getting there ourselves. We'll be underdogs if we do, and that has suited this team perfectly this year, and I think we would be unlikely to get there and not at least push the other team hard.
Spot on
Our focus has to be on playing our best footy and making sure we put forth our best effort to win this game
We can worry about who we’re playing and how little hope we have to beat them after that
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

PigRickman wrote: September 23, 2019, 5:02 pm
Azza wrote: September 23, 2019, 2:38 pm I don't care what happens in the other match. Let's just focus on getting there ourselves. We'll be underdogs if we do, and that has suited this team perfectly this year, and I think we would be unlikely to get there and not at least push the other team hard.
Spot on
Our focus has to be on playing our best footy and making sure we put forth our best effort to win this game
We can worry about who we’re playing and how little hope we have to beat them after that
Agreed. Other grand finalist by 35.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Azza wrote: September 23, 2019, 5:37 pm
PigRickman wrote: September 23, 2019, 5:02 pm
Spot on
Agreed. Other grand finalist by 35.
Mumpet.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Where is the best place to go for a feed and a few beers (family friendly) before the game?

I'm staying in Watson so not super far from there of=r the stadium if possible.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL finals sin bins a lesson for Canberra Raiders

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart backs his players to have learnt from the spate of sin bins throughout the NRL finals series.

"They're smart enough. They understand it's very important in any game of football, let alone a big match, to be really disciplined," he said on Monday. "I'm sure the weekend's been a learning curve for everybody."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders prove to be the hottest ticket in town

Blink and you'll miss them. Unless you're one of the 20,000 who already have one. Some fans were annoyed they couldn't get tickets in their preferred section, with seats in the Mal Meninga Stand especially hard to come by.

Capacity will be almost 28,000, which means the Raiders could set a new personal best for Canberra Stadium.

Ricky Stuart calls for Canberra Raiders to stand up

It will be the biggest NRL game in Canberra's history and Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says it will show him who his big-game players are.

"We've been tested the last number of weeks," Stuart said. "It's just another game you want players to stand up and perform. This is where you find out who the big match players are."

VIDEO: Ricky Stuart speaks about the Preliminary Final: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... ary-final/

Sticky wicket: Bennett denies Stuart animosity despite radio silence: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Raiders fan's theme-wrapped car has a special weapon against opposition fans: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Can it be kick off already?
Can't handle the wait, let alone the media banter at the moment..
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dusty wrote:Where is the best place to go for a feed and a few beers (family friendly) before the game?

I'm staying in Watson so not super far from there of=r the stadium if possible.
The Duxton in O'Connor

Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Re: 2019 Preliminary Final: Teams and Previews

Post by Kryptonite »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 20, 2019, 10:01 pm Souths:

1. Fullback too inexperienced, although had a good game
2. BJ needs to target Gagai
3. You can count on one handling error from Liam Knight and from one of the Burgess brothers
4. George Burgess is unfit
5. Wighton and Papa need to run at Walker and especially Reynolds
6. We have historically beaten them in finals - I recall 1987 Steve Mavin had a horror and got pulled off before half time, 1989 when they were minor premiers.
7. Sam Burgess is a dumb idiot and can be bated for penalties
8. I would love to see a frown on Bennett at the end of the match.
You forgot the last time we met the Bunnies in the finals was 2012, Croker was out and they beat us
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Geez I hope we win.

I was mildly confident until I watched NRL360 and Griffin piped up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins

Post by Cranky Old Man »

What did Griffin have to say?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dunno, he put everyone to sleep as soon as he started talking

Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Mate, I had a mouth full of soup until I read that!
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

He said he thinks Souths would win because Wayne would get them up for a game where they are the underdogs. Not sure why he didn’t “get them up” first week of the finals against their arch rivals when they were the underdogs.

This game is all about the Raiders. If we come out with the right attitude (particularly with our defence) in the first 20 minutes, we will win. Anything less than a strong defensive display to start the match and we will lose. I mentioned their strengths and weaknesses in an earlier post. Control Cook jumping out to his left and finding Walker, limit opportunities for Reynolds’ kicking game and have Tapine/Papalii stalk Murray. Kick to the corners and make them rely on their (relatively weak) back 3 to bring it out of their red zone. Kicking early might be a good option, but at the right time. I will repeat - we CANNOT rely on the big crowd and atmosphere. The guys need to learn from 2010 and 2016 - bring the crowd into the game with physical defence and line speed.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

The Rickman wrote:
Yes!!!
Stop it you two, we certainly have the team to do it Image big Image

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

-TW- wrote:Dunno, he put everyone to sleep as soon as he started talking

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

"The raiders would have to get this terribly wrong to lose on friday" Gus on 100% footy