Homesick Canberra Raiders youngster Anthony Milford eyes Brisbane Broncos move

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

1milf
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: Anthony Milford asks for release from Canberra Raiders

Post by 1milf »

Hoping shillo, mccrone, Milford, smith, barba all don't play for broncos next year :lol: as I have a $100 bet with a broncos fan that raiders will finish higher than the broncos in 2014, I placed that bet before this whole Milford saga so we will see what happens :doubt:
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

1milf wrote:
Worm wrote:Possibly...
Haha legend :thumbsup
:D seconded
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

billyt wrote:Never really understood all this love for Papali.

Yes sure he is a good player but not an elite player that you can build a franchise around, not someone that will say oh look papali plays here I want to go to raiders because of him.

To be honest I hardly even notice him on the field at most times maybe every now and then when maybe he bends the line has a decent run, but can't really say he is that much better then a joel thompson.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

Hbomb wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
Rodman wrote:
Hbomb wrote:I hope you're ruddy happy milfy..... you've gone and upset rodman and i dare say hes going to have a rather spoilt appetite for dinner now :rant :rant coorrrrr :rant
Wow. Nice burn, considering I've wasted all of 3 words in Milford.

Fkng ****.
Hey Rod, how bout that McCrone? :)
:roflmao :roflmao :clap: :clap:

thank you northern I was about to post come one come all to the greenhouse forums where any attempt at lightening the mood will be shot down immediately by a snappy rodcaster, I also thoroughly enjoyed your next post :D :D
I can handle a bit of ribbing. I just don't get why I'm being called out in this thread.
#BoneMcCrone
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

Rodman wrote:
Hbomb wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
Rodman wrote:
Hbomb wrote:I hope you're ruddy happy milfy..... you've gone and upset rodman and i dare say hes going to have a rather spoilt appetite for dinner now :rant :rant coorrrrr :rant

Fkng ****.

thank you northern I was about to post come one come all to the greenhouse forums where any attempt at lightening the mood will be shot down immediately by a snappy rodcaster, I also thoroughly enjoyed your next post :D :D
I can handle a bit of ribbing. I just don't get why I'm being called out in this thread.

just unlucky man, been watching this thread all day at work and couldnt remember my login details so when i finally got home yours was the last post i read and had been itching to get amongst it all day :doubt:
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

Hbomb wrote:
Rodman wrote:
Hbomb wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
Rodman wrote:

Fkng ****.

just unlucky man, been watching this thread all day at work and couldnt remember my login details so when i finally got home yours was the last post i read and had been itching to get amongst it all day :doubt:
You should probably check out the 'Declaration of Principles' thread.

That's the appropriate place to give it to me.
#BoneMcCrone
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

duely noted just gotta get my extension lead to the roof for my lappy and the rest of me cruisers
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campese

Post by roneel78 »

Hbomb wrote:
1milf wrote:
Worm wrote:Possibly...
Haha legend :thumbsup
:D seconded
Lol x 3.

And I must say....is holding his own in there!!
willeyd
Brett Mullins

Post by willeyd »

sorry to burst anyone's bubble of anyone hoping milford will change his mind at the end of the season. It's NOT going to happen. I msged him on facebook about how awesome it would be for him to change his mind and rethink his decision at the end of the season. He replied back and basically said that that's not going to happen, and if i knew the full story i'd understand...basically that rugby league isnt everything, family comes first and hes going home...a dark dark day in raiders history... :cry: fml.
Last edited by willeyd on August 5, 2013, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

please can someone link i'd love to see this, mostly i'd love to see worm push for milne to be picked up.... throw the bank at him guys
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

well that settles it then, time to pack up the bat and ball and go home. Thanks Willyd... have you emailed Don about this yet?
willeyd
Brett Mullins

Post by willeyd »

Nick wrote:well that settles it then, time to pack up the bat and ball and go home. Thanks Willyd... have you emailed Don about this yet?
ur welcome mate. agh so sick to the stomach...cant believe im reading this...lol no i have not emailed don, should i? lol
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

willeyd wrote:sorry to burst anyone's bubble of anyone hoping milford will change his mind at the end of the season. It's NOT going to happen. I msged him on facebook about how awesome it would be for him to change his mind and rethink his decision at the end of the season. He replied back and basically said that that's not going to happen, and if i knew the full story i'd understand...basically that rugby league isnt everything, family comes first and hes going home...a dark dark day in raiders history... :cry: fml.
yeh.... not too sure how i feel about that. I would like it if he stayed but this whole fiasco has left me quite bitter at milford and if he did leave i wouldnt slash my wrists about it till brisbane won the premiership. till then I'd be content believing it was a good decision letting him go (because if he left I'd turn it into we told him to walk.... much more palatable)
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

complete c*nt wrote:The Raiders can't whinge about this. We had the clause put in there, it was there to serve a purpose, Canberra agreed to it. Unfortunately for them the timing of that purpose has arrived.
The timing being the Broncos offered them enough money.... Oh wait I mean his father is getting better... What I really meant is he is really not getting better, is at deaths door and money has zero to do with this at all....

Still putting $100 on the Broncos meeting them at the airport after they were down looking for houses and that is where the deal was done.... Since then the Broncos have mysteriously told their halves to piss off, then the media, and only the "media" which happens to be majority owners of the Broncos, starts up this **** storm to keep everyone in the clear and make it look like this just naturally progressed....

As for McCrone, he has been used as a smoke screen if anything.... Sorry McCrone but they were never actually interested in signing you but it did give them a good excuse to come to Canberra which would have otherwise looked suspect....
willeyd
Brett Mullins

Post by willeyd »

it was nice of him to reply...id post a screenshot, but not sure if i'd be allowed because of forum rules and out of respect for milford?
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

What'd you mean out of respect for Milford? You apparently just told us what he said anyway, so some proof would be nice .. I doubt exactly too many doubts about it though
craigo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: josh papalli

Post by craigo »

willeyd wrote:it was nice of him to reply...id post a screenshot, but not sure if i'd be allowed because of forum rules and out of respect for milford?
should ask him what the full story is?
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

willeyd wrote:it was nice of him to reply...id post a screenshot, but not sure if i'd be allowed because of forum rules and out of respect for milford?
Probably shouldn't mate. Nice if him to get back to you though. I think when he says 'if you knew the whole story you'd understand' it's a lot easier to believe than when Dugan told us the exact same thing.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

yeh probably for the best. he's a total **** but no need to stoop. all i can say is next game i go to.... not only will i be professing my undieing love for sandor (like every other game) i'll be sporting a real eyes realise real lies #cantseetheforestfromthetrees banner.....
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Invite him to play candy crush
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

But then again maybe I'm naive and he really is chasing the $$$ with Brisbane. Doubt it though
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

edwahu wrote:Invite him to play candy crush
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Capital Punishment
Alan Tongue

Post by Capital Punishment »

Only full stories clear up fool stories Milf. Sorry no 2pac image.
bbbelch
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Gary Belcher

Post by bbbelch »

So he has requested a release on compassionate grounds, but will stay if we offer him the most cash... does that mean money CAN buy happiness?
nudgebar
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by nudgebar »

I hope that's the case an we throw the bank at him.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

If he didn't lie through his teeth just last week then I wouldn't have an issue..
nudgebar
David Shillington

Post by nudgebar »

It smells of the papa saga to me. Upping his asking price, he is best mates and lives with Josh. Also his player manager is one of the greediest grubbiest managers getting around IMO .
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

Tim W wrote:If he didn't lie through his teeth just last week then I wouldn't have an issue..
couldnt agree more, its his role about this whole thing that has ruined his credibility. I do get concerned this will get into tinfoil hat scenario but the kids done NOTHING helping his cause. Realistically hes said nothing to his family approaching the media which to me is fishy in itself...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

nudgebar wrote:It smells of the papa saga to me. Upping his asking price, he is best mates and lives with Josh. Also his player manager is one of the greediest grubbiest managers getting around IMO .
Pleaase God let this be true. Please!
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

**** Broncos. I hope Milford runs into Russell Crow at Sydney Airport on the way to Brisbane and its starts to rain heavily.......
nudgebar
David Shillington

Post by nudgebar »

Hbomb wrote:
Tim W wrote:If he didn't lie through his teeth just last week then I wouldn't have an issue..
couldnt agree more, its his role about this whole thing that has ruined his credibility. I do get concerned this will get into tinfoil hat scenario but the kids done NOTHING helping his cause. Realistically hes said nothing to his family approaching the media which to me is fishy in itself...
The thing is I don't really recall him saying he was staying. The media interview last week he an Papa sought of dodged the question on staying. The Tupac quote could of ment knowing the facts that he is going for his reasons an not what has been written. The only time I recall hearing he was staying was from DF's mouth he said Milford was going to be raider for life. Don't recall Milford saying it.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

nudgebar wrote:
Hbomb wrote:
The thing is I don't really recall him saying he was staying. The media interview last week he an Papa sought of dodged the question on staying. The Tupac quote could of ment knowing the facts that he is going for his reasons an not what has been written. The only time I recall hearing he was staying was from DF's mouth he said Milford was going to be raider for life. Don't recall Milford saying it.
Tim Gavel ‏@TimGavel 30 Jul
Anthony Milford has dismissed speculation linking him with the Broncos . Says he will be with club next season.

This is what I'm getting at, I watched the presser, he said himself he would play til next year and then sort it out

Then a few days later this comes out.. Surely the situation hasn't deteriorated that much or he would of asked for an immediate release
the green lantern
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by the green lantern »

Does anyone else on this forum suspect his "Real eyes realize real lies" comment could be directed at the club? With the timing of the comment - not long after the Courier Mail and media outlet's began reporting this story - it appears his family and management have done everything to make sure his story of wanting to leave because of his fathers illness has been played out in the media. I have a feeling he asked the club for a release based on his clause and when told "no" by the board he felt he had been lied to when they said they'd release him if he wanted to be near his sick father.

Of course if he held that opinion it doesn't take into consideration that the club also feels that they have the right to feel they are being taken advantage of when in fact his father's health is better now than it was when he signed his deal last offseason. I feel that it is obvious he has a deal waiting on the table from the Broncos and his management is aware of this. His motivation appears to clearly be more football related than family related in my humble opinion.

I know the NRL won't but I hope this is thoroughly investigated for any tampering by the Broncos. In this instance we are screwed, he will end up in Brisbane playing for the Broncos but I fully support the club if they say to him, okay, we will happily pay your salary next year but you cannot play for another NRL club, sit out the year if being closer to your family is more important than your NRL career - as you have gone on record and stated. Make the Broncos wait until 2015 regardless of how we are portrayed - and News Limited will 100% make us out to be the reincarnation of Hitler.

One thing this highlights is how clubs developing players and losing them should be compensated, whether by money or by trading players (ala American sports). The salary cap is getting an overhaul and things like this should be discussed, along with concessions for long serving players and marquee signings, etc. It won't happen but I would like to see the NRL set a precedent immediately and develop a rule, call it the "Anthony Milford" rule where a club that is r*ped by another club who missed a player that was in their backyard but chose other lesser players over him while the club who's scouts were right lose out aren't spat at in the face like in this situation.

Can't wait to read the media propaganda bagging our club again.

Sick of our club being screwed over, I have a nosebleed.
Last edited by the green lantern on August 5, 2013, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki

Post by Thombre »

Riaan wrote:**** Broncos. I hope Milford runs into Russell Crow at Sydney Airport on the way to Brisbane and its starts to rain heavily.......

and what??? he throws his phone at him??
yarnos20
Brett Mullins

Post by yarnos20 »

edwahu wrote:Invite him to play candy crush
:lol: