Milford returns to Canberra for 2014 preseason training

 
All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16679
Joined: July 2, 2007, 12:41 pm
Location: Somewhere around Canberra Stadium
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 5:38 pm
He can sit out and not get paid as far as im concerned..

He would have no grounds to dispute the fact he isn't getting paid either
2014 Gold Member #: 7278
User avatar
Steve Walters
Posts: 7359
Joined: February 26, 2010, 7:01 pm
Location: Canberra :(
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 5:49 pm
Decorous Muse wrote:
Walt Flanigan wrote:
Decorous Muse wrote:
Choc Magic wrote:
The difference is we dont come out of this whole thing looking as weak as usual


elaborate? when did we look weak? we sacked a bunch of douchebags. Makes us look HARD AS


Sacking 1 made us look HARD AS. Being forced to sack 2 and now possibly 3 in 12 months makes us look crap.


What would you have done with Dugan and Fergo out of interest?


The club could have sacked Furner instead of Dugan. I sometimes wonder what season 2013 would have been like if the Raiders saw Furner as the bigger issue and when Furner said to the board 'it is him or me' they went 'clean out your desk'

Alas we will never know. Just like we won't know what could have happened if we roll over and just release Milford to the Broncos
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10573
Joined: March 14, 2010, 5:00 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 5:51 pm
$100,000? What good will that do at all.

Offer $1,000,0000.00 then we'll start talking.

Sugar Daddy Rupert is good for it.
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 86441
Joined: January 7, 2005, 5:21 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 5:55 pm
Schifty wrote:$100,000? What good will that do at all.

Offer $1,000,0000.00 then we'll start talking.

Sugar Daddy Rupert is good for it.


As the Broncos mouthpiece, looks like they seem to think the Raiders will be happy with $100,000. :roflmao
Image
Image
User avatar
David Furner
Posts: 3591
Joined: April 7, 2007, 2:45 am
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Jersh McCrerne
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 5:55 pm
Obtain $1,000,000 fee.

Invest in scaffolding.

Brett Mullins
Posts: 1435
Joined: June 5, 2007, 10:06 pm
Location: Belconnen
Favourite Player:
Jack Wighton
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 5:56 pm
greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart displays blatant hypocrisy over Anthony Milford saga

ENOUGH is enough. Today, Canberra boss Don Furner should ring Broncos counterpart Paul White, broker a $100,000 transfer fee, and let Anthony Milford get on with his life in Brisbane.

The Green Machine forfeited any right to sympathetic ears on September 12, the day they aided and abetted Ricky Stuart's ugly defection from Parramatta.

Raiders management were happy to tuck the moral compass in their back pocket when Stuart walked out on the Eels, insisting he had no choice but to put family first.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/canber ... 6771377886



Obviously this doesn't need to be explained to anyone with half a brain, but Ricky's get out clause was entirely in his favour. Milford's was dependant on proof that his Dad's health was deteriorating, which clearly the Milford camp hasn't been able to establish.

Only an idiot would buy into this blatant propaganda piece. Then again, Brisbane is the target audience.....
Last edited by Wiggy on November 29, 2013, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Steve Walters
Posts: 7359
Joined: February 26, 2010, 7:01 pm
Location: Canberra :(
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 5:57 pm
greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart displays blatant hypocrisy over Anthony Milford saga

ENOUGH is enough. Today, Canberra boss Don Furner should ring Broncos counterpart Paul White, broker a $100,000 transfer fee, and let Anthony Milford get on with his life in Brisbane.

The Green Machine forfeited any right to sympathetic ears on September 12, the day they aided and abetted Ricky Stuart's ugly defection from Parramatta.

Raiders management were happy to tuck the moral compass in their back pocket when Stuart walked out on the Eels, insisting he had no choice but to put family first.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/canber ... 6771377886

How did I miss this? The Broncos Mail and the Broncos chief publicist at it again. He was on 2CC this afternoon, with the new drive presenter Luke Bona. Unfortunately Bona gave him a platform in Canberra... then agreed with him! :lol:


What a ****ing hack that reporter is.

How many times do these clowns need to be reminded that Ricky had no contractual obligations to Parra. Ricky included a clause that would allow him to leave at any time if he chose to.
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 86441
Joined: January 7, 2005, 5:21 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 5:57 pm
Yep, but the facts seem to be a casualty at the moment.
Image
Image
User avatar
John Ferguson
Posts: 2009
Joined: May 23, 2007, 11:28 am
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 5:59 pm
greeneyed wrote:Milford Brisbane-bound, for now

Anthony Milford may be en-route back to Brisbane after the World Cup but his immediate playing future remains unclear following revelations that he has not yet agreed to return to Canberra in 2014.

Milford told the Courier-Mail he was "shocked" that the Raiders had trumpeted news he was set to honour the final year of his contract at the club despite earlier seeking a release on compassionate grounds.

Within the space of an hour on Wednesday the Raiders announced Milford had agreed to don the lime green again in 2014 before the Broncos revealed they had got their man on a two-year deal starting in 2015.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/milford-brisbane-bou ... fault.aspx


On nrl.com they seem to think it is milford's choice whether he returns to honour his contract or not? ......
Image
User avatar
Jason Croker
Posts: 4073
Joined: July 25, 2007, 2:11 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 5:59 pm
Schifty wrote:$100,000? What good will that do at all.

Offer $1,000,0000.00 then we'll start talking.

Sugar Daddy Rupert is good for it.


I don't think any money would do much. We can't spend it on anyone outside the cap on retaining current or buying new players. The only team a transfer fee would benefit is the Broncos as they get the player and Canberra get nothing.
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 86441
Joined: January 7, 2005, 5:21 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:02 pm
Chicka's shoe wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Milford Brisbane-bound, for now

Anthony Milford may be en-route back to Brisbane after the World Cup but his immediate playing future remains unclear following revelations that he has not yet agreed to return to Canberra in 2014.

Milford told the Courier-Mail he was "shocked" that the Raiders had trumpeted news he was set to honour the final year of his contract at the club despite earlier seeking a release on compassionate grounds.

Within the space of an hour on Wednesday the Raiders announced Milford had agreed to don the lime green again in 2014 before the Broncos revealed they had got their man on a two-year deal starting in 2015.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/milford-brisbane-bou ... fault.aspx


On nrl.com they seem to think it is milford's choice whether he returns to honour his contract or not? ......


It is their "Queensland correspondent". I wonder if nrl.com has an "ACT correspondent"?
Image
Image
User avatar
Steve Walters
Posts: 7359
Joined: February 26, 2010, 7:01 pm
Location: Canberra :(
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:02 pm
Guy Incognito wrote:
Schifty wrote:$100,000? What good will that do at all.

Offer $1,000,0000.00 then we'll start talking.

Sugar Daddy Rupert is good for it.


I don't think any money would do much. We can't spend it on anyone outside the cap on retaining current or buying new players. The only team a transfer fee would benefit is the Broncos as they get the player and Canberra get nothing.


Spend the money on Milford, Dugan and Fergo tackling dummies
User avatar
David Furner
Posts: 3591
Joined: April 7, 2007, 2:45 am
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Jersh McCrerne
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:06 pm
Use the money to pay Teflon Don out of his contract, with the remainder contributing towards the wages of a competent CEO who can drag us out of this quagmire we're in.
Last edited by afgtnk on November 29, 2013, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
John Ferguson
Posts: 2009
Joined: May 23, 2007, 11:28 am
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:07 pm
:woot:
greeneyed wrote:
Chicka's shoe wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Milford Brisbane-bound, for now

Anthony Milford may be en-route back to Brisbane after the World Cup but his immediate playing future remains unclear following revelations that he has not yet agreed to return to Canberra in 2014.

Milford told the Courier-Mail he was "shocked" that the Raiders had trumpeted news he was set to honour the final year of his contract at the club despite earlier seeking a release on compassionate grounds.

Within the space of an hour on Wednesday the Raiders announced Milford had agreed to don the lime green again in 2014 before the Broncos revealed they had got their man on a two-year deal starting in 2015.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/milford-brisbane-bou ... fault.aspx


On nrl.com they seem to think it is milford's choice whether he returns to honour his contract or not? ......


It is their "Queensland correspondent". I wonder if nrl.com has an "ACT correspondent"?
the official organ has revealed its position!
Image
User avatar
John Ferguson
Posts: 2009
Joined: May 23, 2007, 11:28 am
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:09 pm
afgtnk wrote:Use the money to pay Teflon Don out of his contract, with the remainder contributing towards the wages of a competent CEO who can drag us out of this quagmire we're in.

Zzzzzzzzzzz
Image
User avatar
David Furner
Posts: 3591
Joined: April 7, 2007, 2:45 am
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Jersh McCrerne
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:12 pm
Chicka's shoe wrote:
afgtnk wrote:Use the money to pay Teflon Don out of his contract, with the remainder contributing towards the wages of a competent CEO who can drag us out of this quagmire we're in.

Zzzzzzzzzzz


You must've just heard Don Furner talk.

The bloke is a cure for insomnia.
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 86441
Joined: January 7, 2005, 5:21 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:12 pm
Restless NRL star Josh Hoffman embarrassing himself and disrespecting the Brisbane Broncos

JOSH Hoffman is writing his own ticket out of Red Hill and straight to Redcliffe.

He is embarrassing himself, disrespecting the club and the fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury.

The stupidity he is wilfully participating in on social media with the Canterbury players on the New Zealand team is shameful.

Funny hashtags such as #releasehim might get a few laughs in camp, but it puts you further from the Kennel and just leaves you sitting in the dog house.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/restle ... 6771399109

And while the Broncos Mail demand Anthony Milford is released... they conclude that Josh Hoffman is disrespecting the Broncos and fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury... and he should be on his way to a Q Cup feeder club in 2014. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

This is just SO GOOD!
Image
Image
User avatar
Sam Backo
Posts: 192
Joined: February 16, 2013, 2:39 pm

Favourite Player:
Shauney-Shaun Fensom
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:13 pm
The sad thing is, none of the footy supporters that I have spoken to in brisbane seem to know or care, they have a bad year and all drop the broncos to exclusively support state of origin. No wonder they are desperate to buy a premiership.

CONTRACTS BE DAMNED!
User avatar
John Ferguson
Posts: 2009
Joined: May 23, 2007, 11:28 am
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:13 pm
Snappy comeback, Chuckles.
Image
User avatar
Sam Backo
Posts: 192
Joined: February 16, 2013, 2:39 pm

Favourite Player:
Shauney-Shaun Fensom
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:17 pm
greeneyed wrote:Restless NRL star Josh Hoffman embarrassing himself and disrespecting the Brisbane Broncos

JOSH Hoffman is writing his own ticket out of Red Hill and straight to Redcliffe.

He is embarrassing himself, disrespecting the club and the fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury.

The stupidity he is wilfully participating in on social media with the Canterbury players on the New Zealand team is shameful.

Funny hashtags such as #releasehim might get a few laughs in camp, but it puts you further from the Kennel and just leaves you sitting in the dog house.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/restle ... 6771399109

And while the Broncos Mail demand Anthony Milford is released... they conclude that Josh Hoffman is disrespecting the Broncos and fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury... and he should be on his way to a Q Cup feeder club in 2014. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

This is just SO GOOD!


There isn't a bag large enough to hold all of the EDIT I want the broncos to eat.
User avatar
Steve Walters
Posts: 7359
Joined: February 26, 2010, 7:01 pm
Location: Canberra :(
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:23 pm
MDog wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Restless NRL star Josh Hoffman embarrassing himself and disrespecting the Brisbane Broncos

JOSH Hoffman is writing his own ticket out of Red Hill and straight to Redcliffe.

He is embarrassing himself, disrespecting the club and the fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury.

The stupidity he is wilfully participating in on social media with the Canterbury players on the New Zealand team is shameful.

Funny hashtags such as #releasehim might get a few laughs in camp, but it puts you further from the Kennel and just leaves you sitting in the dog house.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/restle ... 6771399109

And while the Broncos Mail demand Anthony Milford is released... they conclude that Josh Hoffman is disrespecting the Broncos and fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury... and he should be on his way to a Q Cup feeder club in 2014. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

This is just SO GOOD!


There isn't a bag large enough to hold all of the EDIT I want the broncos to eat.


:roflmao

QLD Media WTF
User avatar
Steve Walters
Posts: 7590
Joined: May 20, 2008, 3:50 pm
Location: Inwhightonment
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:30 pm
That's the thing though dog, once we accept Milford won't play for us again we have the broncos bent over a massive barrel

They have a fullback posting he wants to leave, a rookie half and a 5/8 who is quite unstable and has epic bender crew tattooed on his groin.

If we stay strong we can write our own ticket on Milford's release or even better take them to court and put a massive stop on the underhand methods they are using to try and get DCE.
User avatar
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6790
Joined: March 10, 2012, 9:11 am
Location: Melbourne, Vic.
Favourite Player:
Edrick Lee's Hair
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:33 pm
MDog wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Restless NRL star Josh Hoffman embarrassing himself and disrespecting the Brisbane Broncos

JOSH Hoffman is writing his own ticket out of Red Hill and straight to Redcliffe.

He is embarrassing himself, disrespecting the club and the fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury.

The stupidity he is wilfully participating in on social media with the Canterbury players on the New Zealand team is shameful.

Funny hashtags such as #releasehim might get a few laughs in camp, but it puts you further from the Kennel and just leaves you sitting in the dog house.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/restle ... 6771399109

And while the Broncos Mail demand Anthony Milford is released... they conclude that Josh Hoffman is disrespecting the Broncos and fans that worshipped his every move by publicly trying to pressure Brisbane to release him to Canterbury... and he should be on his way to a Q Cup feeder club in 2014. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

This is just SO GOOD!


There isn't a bag large enough to hold all of the EDIT I want the broncos to eat.

:lol: so true mate.
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 55313
Joined: January 6, 2005, 8:21 pm
Location: The abyss, ive brought a house in the abyss, im getting mail redirected to the abyss
Favourite Player:
Jack Wighton
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:38 pm
how's the hide of the courier mail
muppets of the highest order
Image
Image
Raiders member no: 4008
Bay 28, Row JJ, Seat 8


greeneyed wrote:Sheens was brought in to build the Cowboys and Tigers. He did both, bringing one a premiership, despite the many injury ridden years of his key playmaker.

^^^
:lol: !
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 86441
Joined: January 7, 2005, 5:21 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:42 pm
It's the Broncos Mail, Nick. The same company owns both the newspaper... and the club. It is clearly a massive conflict of interest, or should I say confluence of interest.
Image
Image

Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 577
Joined: July 14, 2013, 11:15 pm

Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:42 pm
I know I keep putting this on, but ask for a swap with Hoffman. Hoffman gets his fullback spot so he's happy, we offload the brat so he's happy. Pretty good out come. Before we become the bad guys
User avatar
Steve Walters
Posts: 7050
Joined: April 12, 2011, 6:13 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:43 pm
I can't believe the **** they are putting out about Milford and that last one bout Hoffman, absolutely **** hilarious :lol: braindead **** :lol:
Image
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10573
Joined: March 14, 2010, 5:00 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:50 pm
Courier Mail is the bets parody publication out there :lol:


You couldn't make this up :lol:
User avatar
Steve Walters
Posts: 7359
Joined: February 26, 2010, 7:01 pm
Location: Canberra :(
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:56 pm
Bennyinthewest wrote:I know I keep putting this on, but ask for a swap with Hoffman. Hoffman gets his fullback spot so he's happy, we offload the brat so he's happy. Pretty good out come. Before we become the bad guys


Hoffman clearly wants to be at the Bulldogs. Besides I think Locke is a better fit for the Raiders.

Mal Meninga
Posts: 29290
Joined: May 2, 2007, 4:44 pm
Location: Clovelly
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 6:59 pm
I'd be more inclined to laugh if history didn't show that clubs like the Broncos are always able to have their cake and eat it too.
Image
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 86441
Joined: January 7, 2005, 5:21 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 7:01 pm
Why would the Raiders swap Milford for Hoffman? That's also funny.
Image
Image
User avatar
John Ferguson
Posts: 2132
Joined: April 9, 2006, 9:42 pm
Location: Convict Central
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 7:13 pm
greeneyed wrote:Why would the Raiders swap Milford for Hoffman? That's also funny.


Maybe that's always been the Broncos goal???............
Golden Boogs Winner 2006 - Best Newcomer
Golden Boogs Winner 2008 - Best Couple

"Nobody's looked better in the Lime Green except maybe Kermit the Frog..." - Reg Reagan.

"this is just Groundhog Day for the Raiders" (Laurie Daley 2/6/12 on 40-0 defeat to Wests)
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 86441
Joined: January 7, 2005, 5:21 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 7:16 pm
I do have to say how sorry I am for the Brisbane Broncos, they don't seem to have enough halves for next year after letting so many of them go at the end of 2013. What will they do?!
Image
Image
User avatar
Steve Walters
Posts: 7050
Joined: April 12, 2011, 6:13 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 7:32 pm
greeneyed wrote:I do have to say how sorry I am for the Brisbane Broncos, they don't seem to have enough halves for next year after letting so many of them go at the end of 2013. What will they do?!

Don't worry they are building a backline
1
1
1
1
1
6
1
Image
User avatar
David Furner
Posts: 3983
Joined: July 4, 2006, 1:36 pm
PostPosted: November 29, 2013, 7:49 pm
Raiders insist homesick Anthony Milford's all theirs for one more season

The will-he-stay-or-will-he-go saga concerning Anthony Milford has taken another twist with Canberra insisting the young star has again confirmed his commitment to the club for next season.

''Anthony has given us an undertaking in writing from his manager and personally from Anthony as well that he will be here in 2014,'' Furner told Fairfax Media. ''He will honour his contract, which is all we wanted him to do.

''I spoke to the chief executive of the Broncos [Paul White] about it, clarifying that it would only be for those seasons [2015 and 2016].

''I've exchanged text messages with Sam [Ayoub] today and he said he will not be going back on what we've said,'' Furner said. ''He will be with you in 2014.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2m1TtxAdh
If you don't like your job, you don't strike: you just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way!
PreviousNext

Return to Canberra Raiders


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Lui_Bon and 8 guests

cron