Homesick Canberra Raiders youngster Anthony Milford eyes Brisbane Broncos move

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Lord Funkington
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia Soliola

Re: Ayoub guarantees Milford will be in Canberra in 2014

Post by Lord Funkington »

The GH may need a filter to remove any references to Milford possibly staying by June 30... Might be a tough one though!
godofcheese
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by godofcheese »

I thought his father was too sick to travel to Canberra, and Canberra didn't have the medical facilities to care for him. That's why they can't move down here.

Wasn't that the whole reason for trying to activate the sick-father clause?
Interstate Member #3382
How is 2017 Looking?: 1. J Wighton, 2. J. Rapana, 3. J Croker (C), 4. J. Leilua, 5. N. Cotric, 6. B Austin, 7. A. Sezar, 8. S. Boyd, 9. J Hodgson, 10. J. Paulo, 11. J. Papalli, 12. E. Whitehead, 13. S. Soliola, 14. K. Baptiste, 15. J. Tapine, 16. D. Taylor, 17. L. Bateman = Looking Good
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

By David Riccio in today's Telegraph.

I've got to admit, mainstream media outlets probably won't turn against us like I originally thought. Still, I'm just so over hearing about this kid, I'd prefer he buggered off before we start our season. That said, I'm starting to see a lot of merit in those who are saying we should stand firm on this issue.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

All the bad press is coming from one source. No prizes for guessing
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Greenbits wrote:All the bad press is coming from one source. No prizes for guessing
Yep, seems the only people falling for the tear jerk guilt trip stories are Bronco supporters
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

I am really burned out from this season. Barely cared when my **** brother sent me a picture message of Milford joining his beloved Brisbane.

Enjoy horsey rides from mummy and daddy you little ****.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
Bullraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Bullraider »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
Manbush wrote:
Schifty wrote:I say let his parents move here then name him for mounties every week.
Or once they've moved send him to Logan :lol:

:lol:

nasty
But funny.
Bullraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Bullraider »

godofcheese wrote:I thought his father was too sick to travel to Canberra, and Canberra didn't have the medical facilities to care for him. That's why they can't move down here.

Wasn't that the whole reason for trying to activate the sick-father clause?
He was pretty much here for every home game last year. Too sick to travel my ass.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote:
dubby wrote:I love nickman
I guess it was only a matter of time before dubbs came out
Well to be fair, I have that effect on most people
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
dubby wrote:I love nickman
I guess it was only a matter of time before dubbs came out
Well to be fair, I have that effect on most people
Your skill with a Rubik cube is irresistible
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Time for NRL to halt Broncos questionable recruitment tactics
Phil Rothfield

They signed superstar fullback Ben Barba because he was unhappy at the Bulldogs.

They tried to sign boom rookie Anthony Milford because he's apparently unhappy at the Raiders.

There is huge concern in the game about the Broncos talking to under-contract players.

It's time for Dave Smith to put a stop their very questionable recruitment methods.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/players-sh ... 6772526482
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Good to see their tactics being questioned.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Without any hard evidence though all there is is circumstantial evidence and the NRL will just ignore it but its at least good that they are being painted the bad guys in this rather than the Raiders, so far anyway.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

What is happening to the world? I am in agreement with Rothfield on this subject and also the first part of the blog about player safety. I need a wash.

If it can be proved that there has been any kind of player inducement to break a valid contract, then the Club involved should see similar financial penalties to the Storm salary cap rort.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Brisbanes grubby tactics aside. Andrew Gee would have to be a little concerned with news that the Milfords will relocate to Canberra for 2014.

I wonder what the Brisbane press will try this week?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Green eyed Mick wrote:Brisbanes grubby tactics aside. Andrew Gee would have to be a little concerned with news that the Milfords will relocate to Canberra for 2014.

I wonder what the Brisbane press will try this week?
I think Andrew Gee would be absolutely confident that he has this one 100% in the bag.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

RedRaider wrote:What is happening to the world? I am in agreement with Rothfield on this subject and also the first part of the blog about player safety. I need a wash.

If it can be proved that there has been any kind of player inducement to break a valid contract, then the Club involved should see similar financial penalties to the Storm salary cap rort.
Early on in the piece there was talk of a substantial bonus if he could get out early.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Admittedly it is a long shot but 6 months (until round 13) is a long time and I would imagine the Raiders won't give up trying to change his mind.
tubs
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Milford

Post by tubs »

Some of you guys are blowing your trumpets to much at Milford.

At the end of the day football is a business for both parties,Milford wants to go play for brisbane so be it, once his contract is up he can do what ever he wants some of you guys are taking it to personally.The contact talks have got a bit out of hand but Milford pretty much made it clear half way through the season that he wants to go to broncos sooner or later.

He is a young kid with a very bright future in front of him and I hope he does well at the broncos because this season he was the only bright note on our season and he gave it his all in every game some thing I can not say from some other of the favourite players on this forum.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Once he becomes a Bronco I will not be cheering him and like the rest of the Bronco players I hope they fail
tubs
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Milford

Post by tubs »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Once he becomes a Bronco I will not be cheering him and like the rest of the Bronco players I hope they fail
I know your upset but no need to take it out on the boy,when he has been on the football pitch he has always given it his all.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

billyt wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:Once he becomes a Bronco I will not be cheering him and like the rest of the Bronco players I hope they fail
I know your upset but no need to take it out on the boy,when he has been on the football pitch he has always given it his all.
He will be a Bronco , it's not personal .
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
billyt wrote:
He will be a Bronco , it's not personal .
Spot on, if he by some miracle is in green in 2014 and performs I will cheer him on but as soon as he starts performing like he's not tryin or puts on the Broncos jersey then not a hope in hell.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

I will not support him eitherway, I wish him well and a healthy career, but he can **** off now..
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Worm wrote:I will not support him eitherway, I wish him well and a healthy career, but he can **** off now..
The Raiders won't let him go. So everyone better gets used to seeing Milford in Raiders colours.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

Green eyed Mick wrote:
Worm wrote:I will not support him eitherway, I wish him well and a healthy career, but he can **** off now..
The Raiders won't let him go. So everyone better gets used to seeing Milford in Raiders colours.
One can wish for a miracle..
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Zip Zip
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Zip Zip »

And those with the faint hope that he will change his mind before June 30, I wouldn't hold your breath. If he is in lime green come round one next year, I think he will still get a pretty hostile reception. Hardly going to endear him to the Raiders and encourage him to renege.
"Look sorry if that came across wrong, I was just referring to the jokes we were making about all the desperate guys who chase you. Hope to catch up some time, but if not best of luck with everything."
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I think the incentives offered by the Broncos will be more than sufficient to ensure that Milford is on the first plane home as soon as he is legally able.

Perhaps the only hope that this will not be the case is if the NRL grows a pair and actually investigates the nature of the Bronco's recruitment.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by BigPapa »

This thread has become so boring and repetitive
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

T_R wrote:I think the incentives offered by the Broncos will be more than sufficient to ensure that Milford is on the first plane home as soon as he is legally able.

Perhaps the only hope that this will not be the case is if the NRL grows a pair and actually investigates the nature of the Bronco's recruitment.
Exactly
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Hopefully the Milfords continue to extort money from the Bronco scum. EDIT
ForeverMcCrone
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: #Forever McCrone

Post by ForeverMcCrone »

Deadly EdLee wrote:This thread has become so boring and repetitive
Lol... Ohh really...
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

This is what one delusional Bronco's fan had to say in a CM propaganda, I mean article
Brisbane local players returning to the Broncos are not poached. The club trailed a period of trying to keep young players and it is not working, we have to re-buy the farm and get on with it, Cherry-Evans should also be playing for a Queensland club. Why should Sydney clubs benefit from Queensland players while our clubs are struggling to even keep fans.

It is not working and the club need s a change of attitude. If that means buying back the farm, then so be it.

Superstars put Bums-on-seats. Brisbane lacks true superstars, every other clubs has plenty.
Broncos own all Queenslanders, get it? They are theirs for the taking.
dreaming09
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sami Sauiluma

Post by dreaming09 »

Greenbits wrote:This is what one delusional Bronco's fan had to say in a CM propaganda, I mean article
Brisbane local players returning to the Broncos are not poached. The club trailed a period of trying to keep young players and it is not working, we have to re-buy the farm and get on with it, Cherry-Evans should also be playing for a Queensland club. Why should Sydney clubs benefit from Queensland players while our clubs are struggling to even keep fans.

It is not working and the club need s a change of attitude. If that means buying back the farm, then so be it.

Superstars put Bums-on-seats. Brisbane lacks true superstars, every other clubs has plenty.
:shock: They own a farm too.
''It's probably the greatest collection of brain explosions ever been created in a game of first-grade football,'' McIntyre said.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

dreaming09 wrote:
Greenbits wrote:This is what one delusional Bronco's fan had to say in a CM propaganda, I mean article

:shock: They own a farm too.
I think it means they are buying back our farm. Maybe that's why McIntyre quit.