All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

ForeverMcCrone
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: #Forever McCrone

Re: Milford returns to Canberra for 2014 preseason training

Post by ForeverMcCrone »

Green eyed Mick wrote:
DBOT187 wrote:I don't understand. His manager asked for a release and advised you wanted to be back home because your homesick and want to be with your family, but then you say this in the article which is it Milford?
In his first press conference since confirming he would honour the final year of his contract with the Raiders before joining the Broncos from 2015, Milford said he hadn't asked to be granted an early exit so he could be closer to his Brisbane-based family.
Lot's of possibilities. Best not to think about it.

Of course it won't be the end of the whole Milford saga. I expect in the lead up to June 30 we will hear more from Milford, Ayoub and the Broncs
It's kind of hard not to. Now it's the complete opposite and he seems hungry and keen for this season and wants to play here... Im just confused and amazed at the way the MILFARCE saga has played out.

I still think this saga has a long way to play out too and while there is only a 1 percent chance of this ever happening, if we are killing it Broncos are crap and fans get behind him there's always the back flip option. Or the broncs get a few injuries they will cry about Milf still being here. Ehh I'll just sit and watch this whole thing play out. If ayoub and Milf need extra money they should sell the rights to this story and lifetime can make a movie.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

broncos are having a press conference at 10.15 Brisbane time (11.15am our time) to make a big announcement, this could be interesting

more homesick players? Cameron Smith has a sick 5th cousin in Brisbane he needs to get home to?
Vaccinated
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

cat wrote:broncos are having a press conference at 10.15 Brisbane time (11.15am our time) to make a big announcement, this could be interesting

more homesick players? Cameron Smith has a sick 5th cousin in Brisbane he needs to get home to?
it may be to announce that Wally is playing 9s :hmmm
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I just can't fathom how players, coaches and admin at the Raiders (and probably every other club too) just seem to think they can absolutely lie through their teeth to me and I'll eat it up with my cereal. It's pathetic. If I lied this much in my day-to-day existence I'd be looking for a new job!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

cat wrote:broncos are having a press conference at 10.15 Brisbane time (11.15am our time) to make a big announcement, this could be interesting

I'd put my money on it being Karmichael Hunt returning.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The Nickman wrote:I just can't fathom how players, coaches and admin at the Raiders (and probably every other club too) just seem to think they can absolutely lie through their teeth to me and I'll eat it up with my cereal. It's pathetic. If I lied this much in my day-to-day existence I'd be looking for a new job!
I love cereal. Nutri-Grain does the trick.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The Nickman wrote:

I'd put my money on it being Karmichael Hunt returning.
its a change of captain.

Thaiday OUT
Parker. IN

I read it on LU
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

green94 wrote:
The Nickman wrote:I just can't fathom how players, coaches and admin at the Raiders (and probably every other club too) just seem to think they can absolutely lie through their teeth to me and I'll eat it up with my cereal. It's pathetic. If I lied this much in my day-to-day existence I'd be looking for a new job!
Too much sugar. All-bran all the way for me. Gets me movin' like Ginger Rogers.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The Nickman wrote:
green94 wrote:
Too much sugar. All-bran all the way for me. Gets me movin' like Ginger Rogers.
Ginger Rogers :lol: more like Chris Rogers.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Yep Thaiday "steps down" from captaincy and Parker new captain, wonder how this will affect team morale, sacking the captain and signing two players unliked at their previous clubs in Barba and Vidot could make for an interesting work environment.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Thaiday said it was his decision, what a load of bull dust he was sacked.

Nickman was only talking about the lies clubs tell their fans and here's another one.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It's just plain disgusting, isn't it??
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The Nickman wrote:It's just plain disgusting, isn't it??
yeah it really grinds my gears..
makes me wanna stack on a blue..
stomping, the whole lot.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Outrageous prices they charge at these places now! In my day, captains were captains for life, and they had to coach too! And you had to play in the raging floods of Mary River. There was none of this setting fire to little kiddies in dolphin suits and jumping into the Hastings River to cool off. It was about 1892...
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Before Anthony Milford leaves Canberra, some advice from Ben Mowen might be handy

They're both quitting for family reasons and have a farewell season in Canberra.

But here's what really separates them: the way they've dealt with their decisions to quit for family.

Wallabies and Brumbies captain Mowen got on the front foot on Thursday to announce he was quitting Australian rugby to move to France to be able to spend more time with family in a less-demanding environment.

A few hundred metres up the road at Raiders HQ, rookie sensation Milford spoke just a couple of hours later about his homesickness and the release he requested to return to Brisbane.

But in a saga that has dragged on for months, Milford's decision still doesn't sit well with Raiders fans, while Mowen's has been accepted.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/b ... z2pzptP3QE
-LG-
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by -LG- »

I honestly just want him gone.

I'm not the sort of person who would ever boo a player, and I don't really care about his saga. I just don't want people who don't want to be here running out in the green (in first grade at least).

Feels like a bit if a downer for the season. Even if he lives up to his stellar on field reputation all I'll be thinking is "what a shame, who will we play there next year?"
ForeverMcCrone
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: #Forever McCrone

Post by ForeverMcCrone »

greeneyed wrote:Before Anthony Milford leaves Canberra, some advice from Ben Mowen might be handy

They're both quitting for family reasons and have a farewell season in Canberra.

But here's what really separates them: the way they've dealt with their decisions to quit for family.

Wallabies and Brumbies captain Mowen got on the front foot on Thursday to announce he was quitting Australian rugby to move to France to be able to spend more time with family in a less-demanding environment.

A few hundred metres up the road at Raiders HQ, rookie sensation Milford spoke just a couple of hours later about his homesickness and the release he requested to return to Brisbane.

But in a saga that has dragged on for months, Milford's decision still doesn't sit well with Raiders fans, while Mowen's has been accepted.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/b ... z2pzptP3QE
This sums it up.
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Has anyone seen jack wighton sculling the schooner on facebook? Does a pretty good job of it. I saw it on mitch cornish page.
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

chris83 wrote:Has anyone seen jack wighton sculling the schooner on facebook? Does a pretty good job of it. I saw it on mitch cornish page.
I got nominated for one of these but haven't done it yet :lol:
Shano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: The dood with the boofy hair

Post by Shano »

-LG- wrote:I honestly just want him gone.

I'm not the sort of person who would ever boo a player, and I don't really care about his saga. I just don't want people who don't want to be here running out in the green (in first grade at least).

Feels like a bit if a downer for the season. Even if he lives up to his stellar on field reputation all I'll be thinking is "what a shame, who will we play there next year?"
I have to agree, I wish he was gone
Walt Flanigan
Jason Croker

Post by Walt Flanigan »

So if we made the semi finals, you wouldn't want Milford lining up?

I really have a disliking for him as a person but he's still a very good footballer and I think our team is better with him in it.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Walt Flanigan wrote:So if we made the semi finals, you wouldn't want Milford lining up?

I really have a disliking for him as a person but he's still a very good footballer and I think our team is better with him in it.
Yep and yep, plus it gives us a year to get ready for no milf.
Shano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: The dood with the boofy hair

Post by Shano »

Walt Flanigan wrote:So if we made the semi finals, you wouldn't want Milford lining up?

Yep, I don't want him in our team, would rather win it without him
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Seriously people need to understand this is modern day Rugby League, get with the times. Yeah it sucks but that's how it is these days.
Milf plays in 2014. And Ricky wouldn't be stupid enough to drop such a talent.
In Ricky We Trust
-LG-
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by -LG- »

I'd rather we were developing a long term prospect in whatever position he nabs.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Brew wrote:Seriously people need to understand this is modern day Rugby League, get with the times. Yeah it sucks but that's how it is these days.
Milf plays in 2014. And Ricky wouldn't be stupid enough to drop such a talent.
no one is unaware of what modern day RL is about, it has nothing to do with the fact he's leaving and more to do with the disrespectful manner in which he's treating our club

where does someone who changes with the wind as often as you do, get off being patronising?
do me a favour, brew. :roll:
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

-LG- wrote:I'd rather we were developing a long term prospect in whatever position he nabs.
What if playing Milf helps develop Cornish by taking the pressure of him?
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

I am glad we made a stand and kept him for the year and it will help us on the field. Management made the right call on this one.

If someone deserves to be there ahead of milf they can earn the spot and let's be honest the mccrone and campo there it can't be to hard to earn a spot in the first grade.
And if they are to **** to knock out one of those two I don't want them near firsts until they are good enough.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Being a bit harsh on Campo after the state he was in last year Papa, this year hopefully we'll see the Campo of old back in both attack and defence.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I'm sure Campo will benefit from having a full pre season and no injuries at season's start
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Does anyone else think Campo will benefit from a full off-season?
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I think that it is likely. Campo should really benefit from a full off season.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

And no injuries?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Look I think in all honesty Campo should benefit, I mean really benefit, from a full off-season.
Bay 67
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Elliot Whitehead

Post by Bay 67 »

A full season will get Campo off benefits...
Raiders Lime, what they really drink in the dressing room.