2016 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win between the Canberra Raiders and Gold Coast Titans?

Raiders 13+
19%
Raiders 1-12
44%
Draw
8%
Titans 1-12
22%
Titans 13+
6%

Total votes: 36

greeneyed
Don Furner

2016 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

2016 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews

Canberra Raiders V Gold Coast Titans
Canberra Stadium
Saturday 26 March, 5:30pm
Tickets: Click here
TV coverage: Fox Sports live
Radio: ABC, 2CC

It was a frustrating 24-24 draw with the Newcastle Knights in Round 3 - a match the Raiders really should have won. Canberra was clearly the better team in the first half, certainly were not in the second, and a last gasp miracle try from Brenko Lee forced golden point. Both teams had multiple opportunities to win the match in extra time, but didn't.

Ricky Stuart went into the match with just one recognised half, dropping Lachlan Croker to Mounties and naming Elliott Whitehead at five eighth - though Josh Hodgson took over organisational duties in the match. Joseph Tapine debuted from the bench in green, and impressed.

At least one competition point was salvaged.

The Raiders come back home in Round 4 to meet the Gold Coast Titans. Who do you think should line up for the Green Machine? Tell us your team here and see how you go in comparison to the official squad when announced. We will include the official line ups in the first post of this thread as soon as they're available. Plus all the previews for the clash with the Titans.

Canberra Raiders

Jack Wighton 2. Edrick Lee 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Brenko Lee 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Elliot Whitehead 7. Sam Williams 8. Shannon Boyd 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Frank Paul Nuuausala 11. Josh Papalii 12. Iosia Soliola 13. Shaun Fensom

14. Kurt Baptiste 15. Joseph Tapine 16. Paul Vaughan 17. Jeff Lima

Gold Coast Titans

1. David Mead 2. Anthony Don 3. Josh Hoffman 4. John Olive 5. Nene Macdonald 6. Tyrone Roberts 7. Ashley Taylor 8. David Shillington 9. Nathan Friend 10. Agnatius Paasi 11. Zeb Taia 12. Chris McQueen 13. Greg Bird

14. Luke Douglas 15. Ryan James 16. Leivaha Pulu 17. Daniel Mortimer 18. Eddy Pettybourne

Officials:

Referees: Henry Perenara, Chris Sutton;Sideline Officials: Rohan Best, Dave Ryan;Video Referees: Ben Galea, Jared Maxwell, Luke Patten

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #BleedGreen #NRLRaidersTitans

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2016 #FromAllAngles

NSW Premiership teams: http://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2#p1356562
Holden Cup teams: http://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php ... 6#p1356566
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Re: 2016 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews

Post by Notaroboticfish »

We better **** win this one
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Give Sezer a hockey mask and play him.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

I'll make canberrigan's post for him so hopefully we avoid hearing about it another 4000 times this thread.
"I think our team is ****, Boo them. Oh and Wighton to 5/8".
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Archer wrote:I'll make canberrigan's post for him so hopefully we avoid hearing about it another 4000 times this thread.
and if you bet on football matches you'd better understand
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

If we can get the **** out of this with a win, we're on track for a really strong season
Not going to be a death sentence if we lose it though... 2.5/4 without Austin-Sezer is acceptable

Sam Williams needs to bounce back here for us. He'll need to be at his best for us to win IMO
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Hopefully the players are still smarting after they embarrased us last year. I dont think Ricky will let another one go.
Canberrigan
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Canberrigan »

Lenny Leonard wrote:
Archer wrote:I'll make canberrigan's post for him so hopefully we avoid hearing about it another 4000 times this thread.

You won't ever see me calling for a defibrillator.
Jack back to five eighth
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Canberrigan wrote:
Lenny Leonard wrote:

I guess finding someone prepared to resuscitate you is too much of a challenge?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Canberrigan
Peter Jackson

Post by Canberrigan »

T_R wrote:
Canberrigan wrote:
Lenny Leonard wrote:

I guess finding someone prepared to resuscitate you is too much of a challenge?
As I said, I've been a fan for 25yrs and in the 22yrs since they last won a GF they haven't seriously looked like winning one. The way the Raiders play is hardly news to me.
Jack back to five eighth
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Bed time, champ.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Remind us again why you are here?
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Good grief
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Same 17 for me
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Big Jack
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Lara Croft, Tomb Raider

Post by Big Jack »

Maybe the same 17 but in a different order. I don't think we need to see Whitehead at 5/8 again
"It's not easy being green", K. Frog, 1970
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Wont be shocked to see Sezer make an early return here.
Canberrigan
Peter Jackson

Post by Canberrigan »

Lenny Leonard wrote:Remind us again why you are here?

Remind me exactly how I have been proven wrong in the last couple of weeks?
Jack back to five eighth
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I was more referring to the fact you seem to get little to no enjoyment out of the team winning, or at least not losing games
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Big Jack wrote:Maybe the same 17 but in a different order. I don't think we need to see Whitehead at 5/8 again
If our incumbents don't return I'd absolutely be satisfied with Whitehead at 6 again.
Canberrigan
Peter Jackson

Post by Canberrigan »

Lenny Leonard wrote:I was more referring to the fact you seem to get little to no enjoyment out of the team winning, or at least not losing games

Well most expected the team to win by 13+. I picked 1-12 so I wasn't death riding them at all. I 'm not the only one who said they needed to lift on their past two performances and they didn't really do that. You can gloss it over if you like but how will they respond if a decent team puts 40 on them?
Jack back to five eighth
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Pigman wrote:Wont be shocked to see Sezer make an early return here.

If he's back doing contact this week it's hard to imagine he's to far away.

I'd feel a lot more confident about our chances if he played.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Titans generally don't travel well, they've played 2 at home for 2 wins and copped a bit of a hiding in Melbourne

I'd be confident at home we can get over the line
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

2016 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews

Post by Sid »

Raiders could go from being above Broncos to being below Titans in the space of a week with a loss
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Yeah, I think we'll be right with or without Sezer.

Good to get a point from today's scrap and I feel the boys will have plenty to review come Monday on which they'll improve come Saturday.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Get sezer a motorbike helmet
Edrick The Entertainer
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Canberrigan wrote:
Lenny Leonard wrote:I was more referring to the fact you seem to get little to no enjoyment out of the team winning, or at least not losing games

Well most expected the team to win by 13+. I picked 1-12 so I wasn't death riding them at all. I 'm not the only one who said they needed to lift on their past two performances and they didn't really do that. You can gloss it over if you like but how will they respond if a decent team puts 40 on them?
Don't listen to the haters mate. You know more than anyone! Look at what else you said this week:

Roosters getting pumped after we beat them by 1 was a reflection on us being so poor - No mention of the other results this week such as Broncos getting done by panthers after we beat them, let alone what all the other upsets say.... Oh well maybe the next point is better

Wighton should play 5/8 - Past two weeks just about every time he has tried to be involved in the play making rather than running its gone terribly (The pass to the ball boy, kicking it into the car park etc.)... Damn, not that one either

Whitehead was bad in the halves today A large portion of the 2nd half was spent in the forwards once Baptiste came on and Hodgo moved to half, yet he got the equal most try assists in that game (tied with the bloke playing his 200th game there FTR).

Yep, regular Rugby League savant. What's your tips for the rest of the week, I'll run off to the tab and throw some bets on.
Canberrigan
Peter Jackson

Post by Canberrigan »

Archer wrote:
Canberrigan wrote:

Don't listen to the haters mate. You know more than anyone! Look at what else you said this week:

Roosters getting pumped after we beat them by 1 was a reflection on us being so poor - No mention of the other results this week such as Broncos getting done by panthers after we beat them, let alone what all the other upsets say.... Oh well maybe the next point is better

Wighton should play 5/8 - Past two weeks just about every time he has tried to be involved in the play making rather than running its gone terribly (The pass to the ball boy, kicking it into the car park etc.)... Damn, not that one either

Whitehead was bad in the halves today A large portion of the 2nd half was spent in the forwards once Baptiste came on and Hodgo moved to half, yet he got the equal most try assists in that game (tied with the bloke playing his 200th game there FTR).

Yep, regular Rugby League savant. What's your tips for the rest of the week, I'll run off to the tab and throw some bets on.
One of the tries set up by Whitehead was just a catch and pass. Agree the cut out to Rapana was a good pass but that should be made in first grade every week. Papalii could throw it. I was more referring to the fact that Croker wasn't ready for first grade. He was woeful last week and low and behold he was named at 6 this week, then was 'injured' before he starts for Mounties. He won't be back for a while. Now some on here would rather sacrifice Croker just so Jack can play his preferred position even though he's making errors under pressure. Wighton put two tries on last week or did you miss those? I saw you chalked up Whitehead's two try assists though.
Last edited by Canberrigan on March 19, 2016, 11:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jack back to five eighth
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Hopefully the boys play somewhere remotely close to their potential this week, whoever gets named.

I thought Whitehead looked OK as a stopgap 6. Tough call on Croker though.
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Canberrigan wrote: One of the tries set up by Whitehead was just a catch and pass. Agree the cut out to Rapana was a good pass but that should be made in first grade every week. Papalii could throw it. I was more referring to the fact that Croker wasn't ready for first grade. He was woeful last week and low and behold he was named at 6 this week, then was 'injured' before he starts for Mounties. He won't be back for a while. Now some on here would rather sacrifice Croker just so Jack can play his preferred position even though he's making errors under pressure. Wighton put two tries on last week or did you miss those? I saw you chalked up Whitehead's two try assists though.
I didn't think you would want me mentioning the try assists playing from FB, but if you wan't I can. Not sure how that makes you look any better for suggesting he shouldn't be there though....
Canberrigan
Peter Jackson

Post by Canberrigan »

As for the Panthers they also lost by two points last week and won by just one today. I have less of an issue with the Panthers game because the Raiders had to deal with injuries on the run. That is not the same as the Roosters getting absolutely smashed 40-0 after losing by 1 the previous week and getting 42 put on them in the first round. Roosters and Knights have been consistently terrible whereas the Panthers loss by 8pts to the Raiders was their biggest margin win or loss. The Titans put 30 on the Knights in round 1 and then Souths put 48 on them last week. Is it that hard to sort out the wheat from the Chaff? I mean if you analyse it closely there's consistent performances there. Good: Titans, Souths, Penrith Crap: Roosters, Knights
Jack back to five eighth
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Canberrigan wrote:
Archer wrote:
Canberrigan wrote:

One of the tries set up by Whitehead was just a catch and pass. Agree the cut out to Rapana was a good pass but that should be made in first grade every week. Papalii could throw it. I was more referring to the fact that Croker wasn't ready for first grade. He was woeful last week and low and behold he was named at 6 this week, then was 'injured' before he starts for Mounties. He won't be back for a while. Now some on here would rather sacrifice Croker just so Jack can play his preferred position even though he's making errors under pressure. Wighton put two tries on last week or did you miss those? I saw you chalked up Whitehead's two try assists though.
Deal with injuries on the run? You mean like losing Fensom 5 seconds into the game?
Canberrigan
Peter Jackson

Post by Canberrigan »

Archer wrote:
Canberrigan wrote: One of the tries set up by Whitehead was just a catch and pass. Agree the cut out to Rapana was a good pass but that should be made in first grade every week. Papalii could throw it. I was more referring to the fact that Croker wasn't ready for first grade. He was woeful last week and low and behold he was named at 6 this week, then was 'injured' before he starts for Mounties. He won't be back for a while. Now some on here would rather sacrifice Croker just so Jack can play his preferred position even though he's making errors under pressure. Wighton put two tries on last week or did you miss those? I saw you chalked up Whitehead's two try assists though.
I didn't think you would want me mentioning the try assists playing from FB, but if you wan't I can. Not sure how that makes you look any better for suggesting he shouldn't be there though....

He also threw the pass over the sideline at FB too. Which is sort of the problem Croker added NOTHING in attack. zilch. So Jack was forced to do more than his usual supporting role. If you have weak halves you will see more errors like that. Croker put the Raiders under pressure last week and that's why the Roosters were in the game. As soon as he went off the tide turned. Coincidence?
Jack back to five eighth
Canberrigan
Peter Jackson

Post by Canberrigan »

Lenny Leonard wrote:
Canberrigan wrote:
Archer wrote:
Canberrigan wrote:

Deal with injuries on the run? You mean like losing Fensom 5 seconds into the game?
Not the same as losing Austin but whatever.
Jack back to five eighth
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Canberrigan wrote:As for the Panthers they also lost by two points last week and won by just one today. I have less of an issue with the Panthers game because the Raiders had to deal with injuries on the run. That is not the same as the Roosters getting absolutely smashed 40-0 after losing by 1 the previous week and getting 42 put on them in the first round. Roosters and Knights have been consistently terrible whereas the Panthers loss by 8pts to the Raiders was their biggest margin win or loss. The Titans put 30 on the Knights in round 1 and then Souths put 48 on them last week. Is it that hard to sort out the wheat from the Chaff? I mean if you analyse it closely there's consistent performances there. Good: Titans, Souths, Penrith Crap: Roosters, Knights
Yet as Lenny pointed out we also had an injury in the Roosters game and you can add a sin bin to that list. You can add Broncos to your list of 'Good' as well if you are going to put Panthers there, oh and where do Eels, Dogs and Tigers sit, or does that muddy the water a little. See the problem is you are so obvious in your agenda, you ignore everything that doesn't suit it regardless of how obvious it is and only select the things that do. Anyway, it's only lunch time over here so I'm heading out. You keep derailing as many threads as you can (I see you've had a crack at the player voting, maybe you could try some of the Non Raider related threads as well).
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Canberrigan wrote: He also threw the pass over the sideline at FB too. Which is sort of the problem Croker added NOTHING in attack. zilch. So Jack was forced to do more than his usual supporting role. If you have weak halves you will see more errors like that. Croker put the Raiders under pressure last week and that's why the Roosters were in the game. As soon as he went off the tide turned. Coincidence?
This is exactly the point I just made. Here you try to claim that Wighton being forced to do some play making and failing is a demonstration of why Wighton should play in the halves..... :lol:
Keep on Keeping on mate. I'm out