Titans 13+
20%

Total votes: 25

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2024 Round 6 v Titans: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Botman »

I wouldn’t be remotely worried about the transition plan from Fog to Sanders as yet
We still have to sign Sanders and he’s still got work to do on his game too

I think those aspects of his game will come along sooner than most and anticipate he’ll be in the frame for FG by the back end of next year, but may be not. Maybe he never gets there
For now we have a really good plan in place and the contracts will be nicely aligned

I’ll happily **** can the club and coach when warranted but assuming the close the deal with the colonel, they’ve put us in a really strong position to transition to something potentially very special

If they **** it up by giving fog was sweetheart deal when he’s not up to it ala EW then kill them then. But let’s wait until they actually do it before that. As of right now it all looks great
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote: April 12, 2024, 6:28 pm Just watched the Chevy Stewart jersey presentation - turns out Ethan Strange played a big part in getting Chevy down here and they are best mates.
And the two of them are going to be a big reason why Sanders is coming
I know Sanders and Chevy are pretty tight, I assume these lads have all been around and about each other at rep footy camps etc around Sydney
The alphas always tend to gravitate towards other alphas
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra's youth movement ready to take on Gold Coast

Chevy Stewart will make his debut for the Raiders on Sunday night. For Stuart, managing the expectations around the 18-year-old as he takes the role of injured veteran Jordan Rapana, was vital.

"He wants to be the best, he wants to play well, he wants to perform well obviously, but patience is a big thing, especially in the position he's in," he said. "I'm not expecting him to be an expert or whatnot, I'm not going to put that pressure on him. I just want him to be good at the fundamentals of his game and the rest will look after itself."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14274

'We'll definitely watch out for him': Fifita's unhappy Canberra return shows what he's missing

David Fifita turned his back on a move to Canberra. Now he's coming here with the Gold Coast Titans facing a fifth straight loss to start the NRL season. Joe Tapine said there wouldn't be any barbs traded with Fifita about his decision not to come to the capital.

"Not at all. That's a whole other department the boys don't worry about. We just go out and do our thing," he said. "He's one of those guys that can create something out of nothing. We'll definitely watch out for him."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Weekes debut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

hearing that Ethan Strange is ruled out for this match, I hope im wrong
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Botman wrote: April 12, 2024, 11:50 pm The alphas always tend to gravitate towards other alphas
Settle down andrew tate
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Danaman137 wrote: April 13, 2024, 4:22 pm Weekes debut?

A strange rumour that has been circulating for weekes.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Not happy if Strange is out. Weekes straight swap though. Fingers crossed it’s something minor if it’s even true. And I’d rather players of that age miss games than play through injuries at this point.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
raider1981
David Shillington

Post by raider1981 »

Strange still in the team. Weekes and Sisagi 18th and 19th men.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I think we can safely conclude that "The SuperCoach Whisperer" is a completely unreliable source. So we don't need to worry in future!
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Tbf Rick probably wouldn’t make the switch until 1 hr cut off tomorrow. But I hope strange is in - just passing along what I saw

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'Lots of happy tears': Full-throttle Chevy ready for NRL

Emma Stewart loved everything about Raiders HQ - except when it meant her son Chevy had to leave the family home.

"When we got the call this week from Ricky it was such a proud moment for all of us with lots of happy tears," Emma said at his jersey presentation. "I'll never forget our first visit to Raiders HQ. It was so impressive and it really felt like a club that you wanted to play for. I loved every bit of the club except when Chev had to leave our family home.

The Canberra Raiders are leading the way as one of the most inclusive sporting clubs in the region: https://the-riotact.com/the-canberra-ra ... ion/759214
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Rick wrote:I expected this to be the case but assumed AJ would go to 5/8 and Foran to Halfback with Campbell staying where he is if he is fit.

Got it.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders outside back Albert Hopoate reveals gruesome BBQ burns

Canberra Raiders star Albert Hopoate has spoken for the first time of the shocking accident from a barbecue explosion that could have ruined his NRL career.

Speaking for the first time, Hopoate said: “I’m pretty lucky, that’s for sure. Someone left some olive oil too close to the barbecue and the can exploded in flames. I’m lucky, it could have got my face, my eyes, who knows? I’ve been back to training and can catch and pass a footy again. I’m all good and hoping to play next week.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 42a20fde7e

The photo is horrific... so bad I won't put it up.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

That’s a decent burn!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I wonder if he can combine with Smithies for a Smithies and Mr Burns play?
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

greeneyed wrote: April 13, 2024, 8:14 pm Canberra Raiders outside back Albert Hopoate reveals gruesome BBQ burns

Canberra Raiders star Albert Hopoate has spoken for the first time of the shocking accident from a barbecue explosion that could have ruined his NRL career.

Speaking for the first time, Hopoate said: “I’m pretty lucky, that’s for sure. Someone left some olive oil too close to the barbecue and the can exploded in flames. I’m lucky, it could have got my face, my eyes, who knows? I’ve been back to training and can catch and pass a footy again. I’m all good and hoping to play next week.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 42a20fde7e

The photo is horrific... so bad I won't put it up.
Very nasty

Lucky it could have been much worse but still nasty
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Billy Walker wrote:
Danaman137 wrote: April 13, 2024, 4:22 pm Weekes debut?

A strange rumour that has been circulating for weekes.
It never ceases to amaze me that someone who has the capability to make clever posts chooses to waste their time and everyone else’s with dross.
Colk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Colk »

Is anybody else feeling nervous about this game? Big win last week. A team we should beat comfortably. A coach who has always had the wood against Ricky.

We should win.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Colk wrote: April 13, 2024, 9:22 pm Is anybody else feeling nervous about this game? Big win last week. A team we should beat comfortably. A coach who has always had the wood against Ricky.

We should win.
Very. Historically these are the games we lose
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Finchy wrote: April 13, 2024, 9:27 pm
Colk wrote: April 13, 2024, 9:22 pm Is anybody else feeling nervous about this game? Big win last week. A team we should beat comfortably. A coach who has always had the wood against Ricky.

We should win.
Hmm yeah. I think this year has been better and we did beat the Tigers as heavy favourites as something.

I’m most worried about the Hasler record (although he is not coaching DCE this time)
Dylan’s Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

I doubt Strange is out - pictured in captains run and still named. Unless he gets injured in the warmup!?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

It’s an odd rumour
But I wouldn’t completely dismiss it out of hand. The SC thing is a bit of a cottage industry but it’s weaved its way into the RL community in a way where some of these content creators do have access to “inside” information via their followers who offer them the goss

If Strange is still in the side since the cut down to 19 I’d expect him to play but it wouldn’t shock me if he’s a late out
thevikingclap on ig
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by thevikingclap on ig »

I’m taking that rumour as a grain of salt. If he’s out we wouldn’t wait till 1hr before to rule him out.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Is Stuart's coaching the best it's ever been? An NRL Immortal thinks so

Could the current rebuilding of the Green Machine be Ricky Stuart's best performance of his 497-game coaching career? NRL Immortal Andrew Johns said it could be, praising the club's recruitment at the same time.

"It is [a hell of a coaching performance by Stuart]. It could be his best," he said on the Freddy and the Eighth podcast. "And not only that, the people within the club, the recruiting of certain players."

NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

Bit over the top for a team thats 3-2.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

thevikingclap on ig wrote: April 14, 2024, 12:28 am I’m taking that rumour as a grain of salt. If he’s out we wouldn’t wait till 1hr before to rule him out.
Actually I think we would. SMOKESCREEN
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: April 14, 2024, 6:27 am Is Stuart's coaching the best it's ever been? An NRL Immortal thinks so

Could the current rebuilding of the Green Machine be Ricky Stuart's best performance of his 497-game coaching career? NRL Immortal Andrew Johns said it could be, praising the club's recruitment at the same time.

"It is [a hell of a coaching performance by Stuart]. It could be his best," he said on the Freddy and the Eighth podcast. "And not only that, the people within the club, the recruiting of certain players."

I think Ricky Stuart is a good coach and gets a lot of unfair criticism on here. Whether he is doing anything different or better this year I couldn’t say.

I do think the club is the best it has been placed for years. I agree that has a lot to do with recruitment, but let me put up a controversial view, that a big part of our current success is in spite of our best efforts to do the opposite.

Jack Wighton is a club great and a great footballer. The arrangement was stale and both him and us are better for parting ways. We have exciting new young players, new points of attack, a better kicking game and cap space. Moving in a different direction from our 6 who hadn’t delivered us a premiership in the decade previous was the right move. As a club we did everything possible to not make that move happen. That’s the bit that worries me.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Finchy wrote:

We should win.
I’m not feeling nervous about this one at all, just really looking forward to it in a way I haven’t in years… that in itself is probably a bad sign.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:Is Stuart's coaching the best it's ever been? An NRL Immortal thinks so

I’m extremely happy with the job Stuart is doing so far this year, not only in rebuilding the team, but completely reinvigorating the style of football they play on the park.

How much of this is Giteau’s influence is yet to be known, but you have to give full credit to Stick for allowing this complete change in style.

It’s a team building and playing approach that could very well lead to a golden period for the club that even rivals the early 90s.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Finchy wrote: April 13, 2024, 9:27 pm

We should win.
I am nervous
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

thevikingclap on ig wrote: April 14, 2024, 12:28 am I’m taking that rumour as a grain of salt. If he’s out we wouldn’t wait till 1hr before to rule him out.
He was at the gym doing a light workout with another player yesterday mid morning. Didn't seem injured. Although I guess it could have been rehab.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

The Nickman wrote: April 14, 2024, 8:20 am
greeneyed wrote:Is Stuart's coaching the best it's ever been? An NRL Immortal thinks so

I’m extremely happy with the job Stuart is doing so far this year, not only in rebuilding the team, but completely reinvigorating the style of football they play on the park.

How much of this is Giteau’s influence is yet to be known, but you have to give full credit to Stick for allowing this complete change in style.

It’s a team building and playing approach that could very well lead to a golden period for the club that even rivals the early 90s.
Tge Gitau/Madge swap might be of even more value than EW/Hosking or Smithies signings.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

not even remotely nervous
I’m still OS so we’re locked in to big win
looking to push the record to 11 wins from the last 12 games
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Botman wrote: April 14, 2024, 11:02 am not even remotely nervous
I’m still OS so we’re locked in to big win
looking to push the record to 11 wins from the last 12 games
Stay overseas mate. In all seriousness I’m hoping you are enjoying where you are