Broncos 13+
35%

Total votes: 20

Colk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2024 Round 7 v Broncos: Teams and Previews *Teams p1

Post by Colk »

-TW- wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:12 pm All Levi does well is good service off the ground

He offers zero else, and has made some deplorable one on one efforts, like watch Jolliffe run straight past him

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Bang on
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

BadnMean wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:10 pm
BadnMean wrote: April 17, 2024, 6:48 pm still a ways to go- stop running a panic circle before passing sometimes- red zone attack- stop being bottom 1-4 in the entire comp for both try causes and lb causes for hooker defensive play- register a single actual try assist or line break assist now that we are 25% through the comp...

If he can do some of those things, you'll have a great pro Levi argument Billy!

Any answers to the bold Billy?
Were they questions? Note the squiggly little exclamation mark after the word questions… :roflmao
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:12 pm
BadnMean wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:06 pm
Billy Walker wrote: April 17, 2024, 8:58 pm

I think I’m following you BnM…. I am enjoying him play good football on the TV every week. You are all upset about that and then there is a B….
Nah you're upset Billy.

Which part of the most tries and most line breaks conceded by a hooker in 2024 is the good football? I'm having trouble following you.

And how do I discern good vs bad play from the zero try assists or line break assists- I mean is that a strong point of Levi I should be considering? (aside from the defence that is)

I have trouble multiplying negatives by zero...
Look I’d compare his game this week to the Woolf, but I never see Wolf in televised games. I guess only the good players get to play big boy football.
Is that why another favourite of yours in Valemei is stuck in reserve grade?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Colk wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:13 pm
-TW- wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:12 pm All Levi does well is good service off the ground

He offers zero else, and has made some deplorable one on one efforts, like watch Jolliffe run straight past him

Bang on
Well there is that little thing about him being the leading try scorer out of every forward in the NRL but that isn’t something that fits your narrative hey…. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Billy Walker wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:18 pm

Bang on
Well there is that little thing about him being the leading try scorer out of every forward in the NRL but that isn’t something that fits your narrative hey…. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
Right but he has had no try assists and had no line break assists. Most dummy halves could at least create a line break or a try.

It’s strange this Levi thing you have. You’re obviously doing it for a laugh (which I admit it is pretty funny) because he is just average.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Finchy wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:14 pm
Billy Walker wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:12 pm
BadnMean wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:06 pm
Billy Walker wrote: April 17, 2024, 8:58 pm

I think I’m following you BnM…. I am enjoying him play good football on the TV every week. You are all upset about that and then there is a B….
Nah you're upset Billy.

Which part of the most tries and most line breaks conceded by a hooker in 2024 is the good football? I'm having trouble following you.

And how do I discern good vs bad play from the zero try assists or line break assists- I mean is that a strong point of Levi I should be considering? (aside from the defence that is)

I have trouble multiplying negatives by zero...
Look I’d compare his game this week to the Woolf, but I never see Wolf in televised games. I guess only the good players get to play big boy football.
Is that why another favourite of yours in Valemei is stuck in reserve grade?
Haha good old Semi. He was going alright up there for a while
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Colk wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:30 pm

Bang on
Right but he has had no try assists and had no line break assists. Most dummy halves could at least create a line break or a try.

It’s strange this Levi thing you have. You’re obviously doing it for a laugh (which I admit it is pretty funny) because he is just average.
So in summary you are saying “sure he has scored more tries than any other forward in the NRL this year but he hasn’t set any up”. That’s your position. Yep gotcha :roflmao
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

So Levi- worst hooker statistically and eye test for defense in the entire competition... tries and line breaks... Not even close or bottom 3rd, just ... bad...

That's your man Billy. zero lb assists. zero try assists.

Try scoring machine!? What's his role. How's our red zone!
Last edited by BadnMean on April 17, 2024, 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

BadnMean wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:56 pm...
I feel like this is a representation of BnM realising he should never argue with an idiot as he’ll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Advice I should heed more often myself...
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Billy Walker wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:40 pm
Colk wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:30 pm

Bang on

So in summary you are saying “sure he has scored more tries than any other forward in the NRL this year but he hasn’t set any up”. That’s your position. Yep gotcha :roflmao
You can do better than that. That’s called a statistical anomaly

https://www.raiders.com.au/teams/nrl-pr ... anny-levi/

If you look at his career before this year he had scored only 7 tries over 116 games. How likely is he to remain the forward with the most tries?

You will also note that he only has 16 try assists over 122 games. That is quite poor

Compare that to some other dummy halves going around

Mahoney - 37 TA’s in 131 games
Grant 43 TA’s in 83 games
Robson 21 TA’s in 92 games
Egan 27 TA’s in 113 games
Api 53 TA’s in 196 games
Verills 15 TA’s in 64 games
Brailey 32 Ta’s in 115 games

Even taking that out and say is he a threat in other ways like a Brandon Smith and I’d say no.

Is he a great defender than I’d also say no well considering he is the worst on defensive stats as stated earlier.

Ergo, he is just not particularly very threatening as a dummy half or a great defender.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Finchy wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:10 pm
BadnMean wrote: April 17, 2024, 9:56 pm...
I feel like this is a representation of BnM realising he should never argue with an idiot as he’ll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Advice I should heed more often myself...
yes
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Careful Colk, logic and statistics mean nothing to Billy. He’s all about the vibe. It’s Mabo.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Finchy wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:15 pm Careful Colk, logic and statistics mean nothing to Billy. He’s all about the vibe. It’s Mabo.
Are you suggesting that he is Dennis Denuto?
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Colk wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:19 pm
Finchy wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:15 pm Careful Colk, logic and statistics mean nothing to Billy. He’s all about the vibe. It’s Mabo.
Are you suggesting that he is Dennis Denuto?
He’d be about as competent if I hired him as my legal counsel
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Has the Danny Levi hate club reduced its opening hours now that membership is down to record low numbers? :roflmao The get togethers must still be a hoot with BnM running through graphs, Colk booing Santa and Finchy nodding along trying to fit in :roflmao

I’m really looking forward to watching the raiders on Friday and cheering for 17 players I want to see do well. I’m very happy with the team - you should try it :D
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Billy Walker wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:23 pm Has the Danny Levi hate club reduced its opening hours now that membership is down to record low numbers? :roflmao The get togethers must still be a hoot with BnM running through graphs, Colk booing Santa and Finchy nodding along trying to fit in :roflmao

I’m really looking forward to watching the raiders on Friday and cheering for 17 players I want to see do well. I’m very happy with the team - you should try it :D
So you have no argument then?

It’s great that we are doing well but we should always want to see our team improve yeah. Danny Levi would be more than serviceable as a fill in but he is considered the best one we have rightly or wrongly so that is the biggest area we need to improve in.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Colk wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:37 pm
Billy Walker wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:23 pm Has the Danny Levi hate club reduced its opening hours now that membership is down to record low numbers? :roflmao The get togethers must still be a hoot with BnM running through graphs, Colk booing Santa and Finchy nodding along trying to fit in :roflmao

It’s great that we are doing well but we should always want to see our team improve yeah. Danny Levi would be more than serviceable as a fill in but he is considered the best one we have rightly or wrongly so that is the biggest area we need to improve in.
He advocates for getting rid of the likes of Rapana because he hasn’t won a premiership so it’s time to upgrade and get better as a team. He then throws that logic out the window when it comes to his man-crush Levi
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Honestly hooker is by far our worst position. We are 17th in the NRL for hooker quality, even some clubs depth hooker is better than our FG hooker.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Finchy wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:39 pm
Colk wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:37 pm

He advocates for getting rid of the likes of Rapana because he hasn’t won a premiership so it’s time to upgrade and get better as a team. He then throws that logic out the window when it comes to his man-crush Levi
Well there you go. Getting rid of Rapana and blowing up Levi’s tyres. Good judge
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Men lie
Women lie
Numbers don’t

Statistically Danny Levi is still one of the worst defenders in the league despite boasting the lowest work rate in the league

His attacking stats are non existent save for his 4 tries.
2x 1 metre barge overs and 2 tries as a support player.
These are opportunistic tries and is extremely unlikely to be sustainable. Or does someone want to tell me he’ll score 16 tries by seasons end? Because that’s the pace he’s on.

A statistical look at last week. One of the best advanced analytics in the game today says Levi had the 6th lowest contribution in the entire league last week.

We have a major hooker problem. Either the coach is wrong and he’s not playing his best hooker. Or, perhaps more alarmingly he’s right and our best is the worst in the league
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

“His attacking stats are non existent save for him being the leading try scorer of all forwards in the entire NRL”. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

You’re blokes are hurting my sides and I’m trying to sleep. Come on enough with the comedy routine :roflmao
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Come back to us after round 27 and we’ll see if he’s even in the top 20 hey Billy? It’s like crowing about being in the top 4 after round 6. In fact, if I remember correctly, Billy was doing just that last year when I told him the same thing. We didn’t finish top 4.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: April 17, 2024, 11:37 pm Come back to us after round 27 and we’ll see if he’s even in the top 20 hey Billy? It’s like crowing about being in the top 4 after round 6. In fact, if I remember correctly, Billy was doing just that last year when I told him the same thing. We didn’t finish top 4.
I do recall you being negative about our prospects last year Finchy. Now you are death riding one of our key players. You and Colk should buy tickets in the away team seats the way you hate on the mighty green machine. It’s sad to see really.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:43 pm Honestly hooker is by far our worst position. We are 17th in the NRL for hooker quality, even some clubs depth hooker is better than our FG hooker.
Statistically, not even 17th. Quite a number of other clubs have two hookers who are better. Granted, some clubs have starting hookers in the same ball park.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Botman wrote: April 17, 2024, 11:22 pm Men lie
Women lie
Numbers don’t

Statistically Danny Levi is still one of the worst defenders in the league despite boasting the lowest work rate in the league

These are opportunistic tries and is extremely unlikely to be sustainable. Or does someone want to tell me he’ll score 16 tries by seasons end? Because that’s the pace he’s on.

A statistical look at last week. One of the best advanced analytics in the game today says Levi had the 6th lowest contribution in the entire league last week.

We have a major hooker problem. Either the coach is wrong and he’s not playing his best hooker. Or, perhaps more alarmingly he’s right and our best is the worst in the league
I’m curious to know does that work on errors/negative plays per contribution
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

This is all getting silly and making the site hard to read.

By not being terrible, Levi has exceeded expectations. He's not a liability at the moment, but he's not very good.

He was a middling player for Huddersfield - a middling Super League club. Average in Super League is his level.

There are 30-40 better hookers in the world and the Raiders need to select one soon or buy one if they don't fancy Woolford or Trevelyan.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

MrPosh wrote: April 18, 2024, 7:33 am This is all getting silly and making the site hard to read.

By not being terrible, Levi has exceeded expectations. He's not a liability at the moment, but he's not very good.

He was a middling player for Huddersfield - a middling Super League club. Average in Super League is his level.

There are 30-40 better hookers in the world and the Raiders need to select one soon or buy one if they don't fancy Woolford or Trevelyan.
100%
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Billy Walker wrote: April 17, 2024, 11:44 pm
Finchy wrote: April 17, 2024, 11:37 pm Come back to us after round 27 and we’ll see if he’s even in the top 20 hey Billy? It’s like crowing about being in the top 4 after round 6. In fact, if I remember correctly, Billy was doing just that last year when I told him the same thing. We didn’t finish top 4.
I do recall you being negative about our prospects last year Finchy. Now you are death riding one of our key players. You and Colk should buy tickets in the away team seats the way you hate on the mighty green machine. It’s sad to see really.
Stop doing the emotional strawman. As has been stated prior you have been critical of players as well.

We all want the team to be better and hooker is clearly our weakest position.

I’ll ask you a question: hypothetically if the Warriors came to us and said we’ll swap you Wayde Egan for Danny Levi, would you be in favour?
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

That had nothing to do with Levi and everything to do with Smithies. Smithies had two absolute howlers in 60 seconds that first, got the Titans in that position and second left us short.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

MrPosh suggests this conversation has gone on too long. Colk replies 100% and then posts a follow up question :hmmm
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

Botman wrote: April 17, 2024, 11:22 pm Men lie
Women lie
Numbers don’t

I love statistics. I am a numbers man but this honestly means nothing.

If we were to go purely off statistics in the opening 6 rounds, Danny Levi is a better Hooker than Harry Grant. Is that reality? Absolutely not. Not ever. So sometimes numbers, whilst pure are irrelevant.

The people banging on Levi are just trying to get to Billy. You all know, deep down that he has been pretty good and exceeded our expectations. I am very happy, given our situation with not having a top tier hooker, where we are going. He can do the job. We have strike across the park that can do the rest. If anything, we need our 6 and 7 to be firing at all times. That’s more important with our current hooker rotation (purely because we are not spoiled with choice).
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Nice interview with Fog:

1. Team is more patient, aim to hold the ball and get through their sets in the early rounds, turn it over the corner and then front load in defence. Fog takes majority of the kicks until Strange finds his feet.

2. Savage always had that potential, matter of finding that consistently, coming to training with high standards, this year he has high standards at training, told Ricky wing is his best position in the team. Strange has flair and footwork, very fast. Fans need to be patient.

3. Asked what is appealing to players to stay or come to Canberra when the Roosters have their beaches and Allianz Stadium, Fog says the people, very caring environment which comes from Ricky and Don Furner and that has filtered through the team. Tight knit group, stable away from football.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Joey "Joseph" Johns called Broncos his "morals of the week".

So I'm pretty confident we will win, so long as we can control Rice Walsh.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Azza wrote: April 18, 2024, 9:18 am Joey "Joseph" Johns called Broncos his "morals of the week".

So I'm pretty confident we will win, so long as we can control Rice Walsh.
He tends to be the worst tipster out of all the media personalities.

When I've watched the Broncos play this year they haven't been that impressive compared to last year. Even when they beat Souths they weren't that convincing. Although we have players out, Reynolds and Haas are big outs for them.

Surprisingly we are 3-1 with Butler since 2020, with the only game that we lost the golden point game v Warriors in 2022 when Lodge took a dive and the bunker gave a penalty in front to tie the match. He was the ref in a game at Suncorp with over 40,000 plus when the Gold Coast beat Brisbane last year and Brisbane had all their SOO stars playing.