Gold Coast Titans 2016

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Gold Coast Titans 2016

Post by Raidersrawesome »

James Roberts negotiations with Gold Coast put on hold, Cowboys ready to swoop

THE Cowboys are ready to swoop on James Roberts as the speed demon confronts a personal tragedy that has stalled contract renegotiations with the Titans.

The Courier-Mail can reveal premiers North Queensland have expressed interest in throwing Roberts a lifeline if the NSW Origin hopeful cannot strike a new deal with the Gold Coast.

Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 7620006389
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Re: Gold Coast Titans 2016

Titans players take teenage girl to high school formal

THE Gold Coast Titans have been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons — from the cocaine scandal, to the Daly Cherry-Evans backflip and now the James Roberts contract forgery.

Jade Elliott is a familiar face around the Titans — a wheelchair restricted youngster who suffers from Duchenne muscular dystrophy.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/titans ... 1bd8024252
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Hahahaha.. The Courier Mail have "premium articles". Yet The Brisbane Times remains free....
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gold Coast Titans players tipping James Roberts will stay

TEAMMATES are convinced in-limbo centre star James Roberts will be staying with the Gold Coast.

Roberts was relaxed at a lawn bowls bonding session on Tuesday as the Titans recovered from a gruelling three-day bootcamp they’re hoping will galvanise a new-look squad.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/titans ... 9dc1ae3f5f
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Lawn bowls! That's require a few eight balls done right!
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Shillo will leave nothing in the tank.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Greg Bird hopeful James Roberts will remain with Gold Coast Titans

He lived in close quarters with him over a three-day boot camp in the Gold Coast hinterland and senior Titan Greg Bird remains hopeful star centre James Roberts will move past his latest contract dramas and recommit to the club.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/bird-hopeful-roberts ... fault.aspx
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gold Coast Titans unite through Army torture test

He'd avoided them for 15 years but deep down senior Titans forward Greg Bird knew what he was in for.

A three-day boot camp at Canungra west of the Gold Coast was designed to push youngsters and seasoned campaigners to their breaking points and engender a team ethos capable of carrying them through 26 rounds in the NRL.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/titans-unite-through ... fault.aspx
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Father-to-be Greg Bird keen on Gold Coast Titans captaincy

Twelve months after having the title of co-captain stripped from him by club hierarchy, Titans forward Greg Bird is determined to win back his leadership role and lead the young playing group to a long-awaited finals series.

Bird was stripped of the captaincy in the wake of an incident the day after his wedding in Byron Bay last December and then was embroiled in a drugs investigation for which he was later cleared in a Gold Coast court.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/father-to-be-bird-ke ... fault.aspx
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Injured Gold Coast Titans on track for trials

With the Christmas break looming large the intensity at pre-season training is raised a notch or two but new Gold Coast recruits Zeb Taia, Nathan Friend and Ashley Taylor have largely been confined to the rehab group after off-season surgeries and treatment.

David Hala, Josh Hoffman, William Zillman and Daniel Mortimer have also been limited to what their bodies are subjected to due to lingering injury concerns but high performance chief Matt Ford says that the older players should have no problem being physically prepared for when the football starts.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/injured-titans-on-tr ... fault.aspx
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Henry on Roberts Titans future

GOLD Coast coach Neil Henry says he is confident the forged signature contract clause fiasco that has put the club at risk of losing James Roberts will be resolved with the star centre staying.

The 22-year-old is essentially a free agent after Titans football manager Scott Clark faked Roberts’ signature on an updated contract clause which reportedly contained a financial bonus should he make State of Origin. Clark has since submitted his resignation.

Read more: http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/41472-2/
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Organised Chaos »

Hope he stays, would **** me to tears seeing him go to a team that does need another star like the Broncos
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed wrote:Father-to-be Greg Bird keen on Gold Coast Titans captaincy

Twelve months after having the title of co-captain stripped from him by club hierarchy, Titans forward Greg Bird is determined to win back his leadership role and lead the young playing group to a long-awaited finals series.

Bird was stripped of the captaincy in the wake of an incident the day after his wedding in Byron Bay last December and then was embroiled in a drugs investigation for which he was later cleared in a Gold Coast court.

Read more: http://www.nrl.com/father-to-be-bird-ke ... fault.aspx
Can't be serious.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Roberts in for hodges at 10% of the price
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

James Roberts wants to sign new Gold Coast Titans deal despite contract forgery

JAMES Roberts will put aside feelings of “betrayal” over his contract forgery saga and reject interest from five NRL rivals to pledge his future to the Titans.

The Dragons, Manly and Parramatta have expressed interest in Roberts, while Queensland rivals the Broncos and Cowboys are watching the situation closely.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 7628716997
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

"The Broncos and Cowboys are watching the situation closely"

What the hell does that even mean??
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

The Nickman wrote:"The Broncos and Cowboys are watching the situation closely"

What the hell does that even mean??
My guess is Image it means the Broncos have a heap of forged contracts and they are watching the situation closely in case they need to get their lawyers in to cover up the situation or employ Andrew Gee so they can sack him again for breaches.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gold Coast Titans just $20,000 short of signing South Sydney Rabbitohs Chris McQueen

THE Titans’ pursuit of Chris McQueen has taken a dramatic twist with the club just $20,000 shy of securing the former Queensland Origin star.

And the Gold Coast are ramping up their recruitment drive as the Titans eye off Canterbury centre Tim Lafai, whose future at the Bulldogs has come under scrutiny.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 7629790307
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

greeneyed wrote:Gold Coast Titans just $20,000 short of signing South Sydney Rabbitohs Chris McQueen

THE Titans’ pursuit of Chris McQueen has taken a dramatic twist with the club just $20,000 shy of securing the former Queensland Origin star.

And the Gold Coast are ramping up their recruitment drive as the Titans eye off Canterbury centre Tim Lafai, whose future at the Bulldogs has come under scrutiny.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 7629790307
NRL will pitch in for GC
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

It appears they arent short of money . They just havent offered enough. If they are after Lafai then they have the money for McQueen , its just they dont want to pay the extra 20k
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Is that 20k on the cap, or in undisclosed home improvements?
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Gold Coast Titans 2016

Titans flyer David Mead hails James Roberts’ desire to stay on Gold Coast

TITANS flyer David Mead has welcomed James Roberts’ decision to stay on the Gold Coast, believing there is plenty of room for improvement in their already productive relationship.

The pair has formed a lethal combination on the right side, with Roberts equalling Mead’s club tryscoring record, with his attacking exploits earning him Dally M centre of the year honours.

“Obviously you wouldn’t want to lose a guy like James Roberts, a very exciting player,’’ Mead said.

Read more: http://m.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport ... 7633228800
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Gold Coast Titans 2016

Landmark NRL funding deal helps seal financial security for Gold Coast Titans

TITANS chief executive Graham Annesley says the landmark NRL funding deal will help put the Gold Coast on a sustainable ­financial footing.

“It’s a significant funding boost over the next few years which will help to put us on a sustainable footing,’’ he said.

“We welcome it and everyone involved in the negotiations needs to be congratulated.’’

Read more: http://m.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport ... 7633233101
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

No car, no family, one goal: Agnatius Paasi’s struggle to make NRL dream a reality

HIS pregnant partner is in another country with their young son and unable to join him in Australia.

He has moved from New Zealand to the Gold Coast, sleeping on the floor of a friend’s apartment and promised nothing more than an opportunity to impress.

Agnatius Paasi may have been rewarded by the Titans for his leap of faith with a two-year deal in July, but the road he had to walk to get there was a bumpy one.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 7634149198
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

James Roberts requests release from Gold Coast Titans following forged signature controversy

THE Gold Coast Titans are set to lose James Roberts to a rival club after the Dally M centre-of-the-year requested a release from the club.

Roberts last week indicated he was keen to stay at the Gold Coast but the speedy centre chose to not accept a revised two-year offer from the Titans last night.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 7637111133
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

What a basket case of a club
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Gus has mail he is going to a club which will cause a blow up. He said no to Manly, Dogs and Roosters. So that leaves Souths and Broncos. This has the Broncos stink all over it I reckon.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

This has turned around.

It'll be the Broncs , my guess he is homesick
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

If it's the Broncs, I will be very close to giving up on the game at NRL level.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

James Roberts walks out on Gold Coast Titans due to disappointing contract offer

JAMES Roberts has become the latest NRL player to join the crazy off-season free-agent circus after rejecting a revised deal from the Gold Coast.

The Titans offered Roberts a sponsor car as a sweetener to complement his existing two-year deal which was essentially null and void due to his deal being tampered with by a staff member.

Roberts rejected the club’s offer which did not include an increase in the value of his deal.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 7637145545
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

T_R wrote:If it's the Broncs, I will be very close to giving up on the game at NRL level.
Roberts wont be on big money , apparently 300k at the Titans.

He has had one good year in many troubled years. He is stil a risk
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Imagine how much 300k would be under the broncos cap?
Dont delete this GE
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

simo wrote:Imagine how much 300k would be under the broncos cap?
all 3rd party , none from the cap at all
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote:If it's the Broncs, I will be very close to giving up on the game at NRL level.
It'll be the Broncos. I'll bet my house. It will surely be to third party deals what Daly Cherry Evans was to backflips.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:
It'll be the Broncos. I'll bet my house. It will surely be to third party deals what Daly Cherry Evans was to backflips.
Outside the Raiders, my interest in NRL is at an all time low. The sheer absurdity of this will tip me over the edge.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.