Canterbury Bulldogs 2020

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: Canterbury Bulldogs 2020

Post by -TW- »

gangrenous wrote:Come on sTraWman
**** off, you're king strawman

My point still stands, De Belin will be known for what he did long after this is forgotten. Reputationally what do people refer to league players? Women bashers and rapists..

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

This is Cats contribution to the thread about Curtis Scott being tasered on the Australia day weekend.

"I have this really crazy idea! Lets just wait and see what happens before we tar and feather him!

We know he has been charged thats all, those charges may not even make it to court, and those charges can look a million different ways in the real world/ what actually happened

All we know is it does not qualify for the stand down rule

Currently we have heard nothing from the nrl in regards to
- josh Reynolds
- sivo
- dugan
- ofolelenge from the broncos

Any more?

And in terms of the search for drugs yes in sydney they do do random drug searches particularly when they are in that kind of "party" area"

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

-TW- wrote:**** off, you're king strawman

My point still stands, De Belin will be known for what he did long after this is forgotten. Reputationally what do people refer to league players? Women bashers and rapists..
Your original “point” directly contradicts what was explicitly said by cat. Argue her position properly.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gangrenous wrote:
-TW- wrote:**** off, you're king strawman

Your original “point” directly contradicts what was explicitly said by cat. Argue her position properly.
I'm arguing the statement that was made.

"This has done more damage to the game than debelin" when, as I stated, you speak to people who don't follow league and they refer to league players as "women bashers and rapists". If you're referring to whole game reputational harm, as said statement was, DeBelin is worse as it upholds the stereo type.

If the statement was this has done damage to the Bulldogs brand, I would whole heartedly agree cause it's a no brainer. But to say this has tarred clubs like the Raiders who do such great work in schools and clubs like Parra and Penrith who did a heap of school work down around Bega in the last few weeks with the same brush is wrong.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Go back and look at exactly what you wrote. You know what you were trying to say, but it’s not the most obvious interpretation.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

That's exactly what I was trying to say thanks

I probably didn't specify as well as I should have, just went with the flow of the conversation.

Last edited by -TW- on March 12, 2020, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Apparently she was 16, I thought that there’d be some law about age gap with under 18 year olds. He’s almost 8 years her senior.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 543b90954e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Brewdle wrote: March 12, 2020, 11:27 am Apparently she was 16, I thought that there’d be some law about age gap with under 18 year olds. He’s almost 8 years her senior.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 543b90954e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This bloke is surely done for... All the morons who'd been defending him with the hypothetical "What if he'd met her in a bar/club?" will need a new argument to shift to.

At this point in the school year she's likely a Year 11 student then. I guess he could argue he met her at the senior playground :thumbsdown

If she DID send him nude pictures (as he was asking for) he's going to be looked at for having pictures of a minor on his phone, AND encouraging her to send them which is another offence category.

I'd be amazed if he plays this year, or ever, if that is the case.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Adam Elliott video with integrity unit: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... b6703f24b3
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dean Pay ‘quits’ as Bulldogs coach as Canterbury seeks permission to speak with Trent Barrett

Dean Pay has quit as Bulldogs coach with the team stranded in bottom place on the NRL ladder, according to reports. Pay’s fate was set to be decided at a phone hook-up today and it looks as though last weekend’s loss to the Broncos was his last in charge. Channel Nine claim that Pay, who has won just one game this season, has walked rather than be pushed.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... fe3a08e277
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Will Sticky get him back on staff here?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dean Pay out: Canterbury Bulldogs coach exits with Trent Barrett firmly in sights

Dean Pay has coached his last game for the Bulldogs, with he and Canterbury announcing a mutual parting of the ways effective immediately.

Former Manly coach and current Penrith assistant Trent Barrett is a clear front-runner to take over the club in the long-term, with current Bulldogs assistant Steve Georgallis slated to fill in as interim replacement, starting with Saturday's clash with the Dragons.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/14/dog ... ses-mount/

Dean Pay to step down as Bulldogs Head Coach

Dean Pay will step down from his role as Head Coach of the Bulldogs immediately after both parties agreed that it was in the best interests of the individual and the club to part ways.

The decision was reached after a meeting between Dean and the club following Saturday's loss to the Broncos.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill thanked Pay for his contribution over the past three seasons:

"These situations are always tough, particularly when they involve someone who has been part of the Bulldogs family for a long time. The fact is though that the Club and Dean have decided that we needed to move in a different direction to take the team forward and Dean was in agreement that now was the right time for both parties to part ways.

We did not rush into this decision and have taken our time to look at what was best for the club in regard to success moving forward.

I'd like to thank Dean for his contribution over the past three years and all the hard work and passion he has given to the club.

Dean Pay expressed his thanks to the club for the opportunity to coach back at Belmore :

"I'd like to thank the Bulldogs for the opportunity to be the Head Coach at a club that has always meant so much to me.

Steve Georgallis will act as interim Head Coach until an appointment is made.

Canterbury Bulldogs club statement
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Northern Raider wrote: July 14, 2020, 10:09 am Will Sticky get him back on staff here?
You’d have to think, given cost cutting, and given the Raiders have two good assistant coaches, that’d be difficult.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Honestly, I thought he did ok with that roster.

There were at least a handful of games where the squad genuinely looked like they were playing to capacity (or very close to it).
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

yeh raiders wrote: July 14, 2020, 11:00 am Honestly, I thought he did ok with that roster.

There were at least a handful of games where the squad genuinely looked like they were playing to capacity (or very close to it).
That's the thing. He was given a reserve grade roster and completely hamstrung with recruitment. He had no opportunity to build a successful squad. All he could do was get what he had to consistently play up to their best. He did a decent job of that IMO.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Northern Raider wrote: July 14, 2020, 11:07 am
yeh raiders wrote: July 14, 2020, 11:00 am Honestly, I thought he did ok with that roster.

That's the thing. He was given a reserve grade roster and completely hamstrung with recruitment. He had no opportunity to build a successful squad. All he could do was get what he had to consistently play up to their best. He did a decent job of that IMO.
He did. And I do feel sorry for him, he got hamstrung with that rower, and as soon as he sees out the hangover period he is dumped. The dogs play to their potential more regularly than most teams. The issue is that roster has so little potential.

But what I keep coming back to is that Dean Pay was the defensive coach at tune raiders through our worst defensive period in history. When he goes, within 12 months we have completely rejigger our patterns, and become a top 4 team.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Coastalraider wrote: July 14, 2020, 5:31 pm
Northern Raider wrote: July 14, 2020, 11:07 am

He did. And I do feel sorry for him, he got hamstrung with that rower, and as soon as he sees out the hangover period he is dumped. The dogs play to their potential more regularly than most teams. The issue is that roster has so little potential.

But what I keep coming back to is that Dean Pay was the defensive coach at tune raiders through our worst defensive period in history. When he goes, within 12 months we have completely rejigger our patterns, and become a top 4 team.
True, it's an inescapable fact that he was our defensive coach when defense was out biggest weakness. Sticky did make a conscious effort to address that last year and changed focus. So how much was on Pay for our crap defense and how much was on the general approach we can only speculate.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

News.com is saying Barrett confirmed, will start next season
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

OFFICIAL: Trent Barrett signs on to coach Canterbury Bulldogs until end of 2023

Trent Barrett has been officially installed as Canterbury's new coach on a three-year deal, but won't start his Belmore rebuild until after he finishes the 2020 season with Penrith. Assistant Steve Georgallis has been installed as caretaker coach and will remain in that position until the end of the season.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/22/bar ... d-of-2023/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Does he have a backflip as an option ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Does anyone else find it ironic the Major Sponsor of the Bulldogs once had this sign up as a condition of entry into one of their establishments

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Kyle Flanagan joins Trent Barrett's Canterbury Bulldogs rebuild on three-year deal

The Bulldogs have confirmed the signing of halfback Kyle Flanagan for the next three seasons.

The Bulldogs made the announcement on Tuesday morning after Flanagan had confirmed his departure from Bondi on Instagram on Monday night with a series of photos from his season captioned "shocked and disappointed", before going on to thank the club and its fans.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/26/dog ... torms-eye/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Huge coup for Canterbury Bulldogs as Josh Addo-Carr signs four-year deal starting 2022

Canterbury have pulled off the biggest signing coup of their multi-year rebuild by luring Josh Addo-Carr to Belmore on a bumper four-year deal worth a little more than $2 million from 2022 onwards.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/12/16/bul ... year-deal/

Josh Addo-Carr to join the Bulldogs on a four year deal

The Bulldogs have continued their quest to build a squad that can challenge for titles in the future with the acquisition of State of Origin back Josh Addo-Carr on a four year deal that will see him join the club for the 2022 season and keep him at Belmore until the end of 2025.

Addo-Carr is one of the quickest players in the NRL and without doubt one of the best finishers.

The 25 year-old has continued to play at a high level during a career that has spanned an NRL debut for the Wests Tigers in 2016, followed by 96 matches for the Storm over the past four seasons.

In addition, Addo-Carr has represented New South Wales in nine State of Origin matches and Australia in two Tests.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill saw the signing as another building block in the creation of a squad with quality and depth:

"Having someone like Josh choose to join the Bulldogs after being the target of a number of clubs is another sign that we are gradually piecing together a squad that has the right mix of experience and quality.

Josh has been a proven performer at whatever level he has played and he will bring those elements of speed and strike-power that all clubs are looking for in their backline.

Josh becomes another leader in our group and will bring the sort of winning attitude that the club is looking to create here at Belmore.

We look forward to him joining us for the 2022 season and wish him all the best for next season."

Canterbury Bulldogs club statement
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Meh..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Good to see. Big boost for the Dogs, he’s the best winger in the comp.

They’ll be starting their sets well with JAC and Cotric.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

80% of their cap is going to be tied up in outside backs
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's not gonna help if they have **** house halves

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Their biggest problem will be having Trent Barrett as coach. It could be worse I guess. They could be the Broncos.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

$1.15m for 2 wingers

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

yeh raiders wrote: December 16, 2020, 3:41 pm Good to see. Big boost for the Dogs, he’s the best winger in the comp.

They’ll be starting their sets well with JAC and Cotric.
Do you reckon they'll put them on either wing, or grant their requests to play Centre and Fullback?

Nickman's love of NSW