2021 Finals Wk 2: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win?

Sea Eagles
50%
Roosters
No votes
Panthers
30%
Eels
20%

Total votes: 10

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2021 Finals Wk 2: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed »

Paulo knock on! Costs them the chance to win. The Eels dummy half has really had some woes.

Mug lairs win 8-6.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Good effort Parra
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The six again rule for the 10 metres is a debacle. Both sides guilty of exploiting it.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Ricky looking hard at signing Ray Stone as starting 9 next year 😂
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Great game. I was going for Parra, cannot like a side like Penrith. RCG was enormous. Moses great kicking game. Penisini will have a good career as a centre in front of him. Stone was the weakness in both sides. Dylan Brown didn't run it enough and didn't do anything when the game was on the line. Papalii - what a buy. Melbourne's defence and attack better than Parra, and they will be fresh. Looking forward to the Storm finishing off the arrogant Panthers next week.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

When does Mitch Moses ability to lead a team in a clutch moment come into question?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: September 18, 2021, 9:55 pm When does Mitch Moses ability to lead a team in a clutch moment come into question?

Right about now!
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Wow Ray Stone. What a diabolical performance. Literally everything he touched turned to ****. Or a drop ball or 4.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

greeneyed wrote: September 18, 2021, 9:39 pm This stop in play is outrageous.
It was blatant cheating by Penrith. How was the Interchange a Free one?
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Both the Browns in Parra's side are rubbish.

Cartwright, Will Smith and Stone also not first grade standard.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Wiki Special wrote: September 18, 2021, 9:58 pm
Cheating…. How about Fergo going from a quadriplegic to a UFC wannabe on the blow of a whistle
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Wiki Special wrote:
Think it was for when Sorenson came off

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Why is Brad Arthur angling for a $10k fine that could be better spent of beer? He’s not a smart man
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Luai holding Moses back on the kick chase - you get caught it’s a dumb play, you get away with it like he did it’s a great play!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

They’ve said after the game it wasn’t, they just had the wrong card.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

What a tough hard game of football. I loved it. Some great defensive plays from both sides. I thought the Eels might get them in the end but Junior Paulo knocked on to end the chance. It reminded me of his last minute play in Origin last year with the series on the line. Parramatta hooker had an unhappy match with his hands. Every player out on their feet at full time. Panthers v Storm next week should be another cracker of a match.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

RedRaider wrote: September 18, 2021, 10:33 pm What a tough hard game of football. I loved it. Some great defensive plays from both sides. I thought the Eels might get them in the end but Junior Paulo knocked on to end the chance. It reminded me of his last minute play in Origin last year with the series on the line. Parramatta hooker had an unhappy match with his hands. Every player out on their feet at full time. Panthers v Storm next week should be another cracker of a match.
Reminded me of a couple of Raiders games from Paulo. One against the Sea Eagles at Brookvale. Another against the Panthers at Bathurst.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Anyone recall Kikau doing anything of value tonight?
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Billy Walker wrote: September 18, 2021, 10:41 pm Anyone recall Kikau doing anything of value tonight?
As I stated in the signing posts, not worth $900-700K. Did nothing. Only recall him delivering a ridiculous pass that he should have held onto. TPJ was much better than him tonight.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 18, 2021, 10:55 pm
Billy Walker wrote: September 18, 2021, 10:41 pm Anyone recall Kikau doing anything of value tonight?
As I stated in the signing posts, not worth $900-700K. Did nothing. Only recall him delivering a ridiculous pass that he should have held onto. TPJ was much better than him tonight.
I’ve seen him have some cracking games through the year but possibly against weak opposition. He was totally MIA tonight. I thought TPJ was good tonight
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Billy Walker wrote: September 18, 2021, 10:57 pm
I’ve seen him have some cracking games through the year but possibly against weak opposition. He was totally MIA tonight. I thought TPJ was good tonight
He (Kikau) has great games against weak opposition but doesn't come up with the goods against strong ones. Flat track bully.
I thought Naden was good tonight and is better than our wingers - Semi and Simonsson. HSS is a centre. I think Naden is more dangerous than Crichton and Staines on the wing when I've seen them play there. Momorovski is better than any of our centres. His pace is very deceptive.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 18, 2021, 11:01 pm
Billy Walker wrote: September 18, 2021, 10:57 pm
He (Kikau) has great games against weak opposition but doesn't come up with the goods against strong ones. Flat track bully.
I thought Naden was good tonight and is better than our wingers - Semi and Simonsson. HSS is a centre. I think Naden is more dangerous than Crichton and Staines on the wing when I've seen them play there. Momorovski is better than any of our centres. His pace is very deceptive.
Yep - moral of that story is that there is a strong steady stream of up and coming players that nobody knew yesterday across the game. Smart clubs churn and burn till they find the right ones and don’t get stubborn and double down on duds because they are nice guys or whatever else.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Parra are a total grindball team like us. Their defence will keep them from the bottom 8, but they're not going to win any comp with this roster and coach

I found it a horribly boring game tonight. Both teams playing in their shells and unwilling to take any risks, and bereft of ideas in attack. Will be cannon fodder for Melbourne on that showing

The usual loser club talk after the game of it being a "gutsy" and "brave" loss, and being "proud of the boys". If either team had any half decent attack, they would have put the other away
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Mick Ennis seemed very interested in Dylan Brown.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Billy Walker wrote: September 18, 2021, 10:06 pm
Cheating…. How about Fergo going from a quadriplegic to a UFC wannabe on the blow of a whistle
lol when BrakeFergo got up all angry.

He stayed down to milk the penalty. It was going to go Parras way until I’m guessing the Riff defender probably said something to Fergo he didn’t like.

We’ll played BrakeFergo..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

That Paulo dropped ball at the end was 100% on Ray Stone. What an awful option to take at that point in the game
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Milk wrote: September 18, 2021, 11:32 pm Parra are a total grindball team like us. Their defence will keep them from the bottom 8, but they're not going to win any comp with this roster and coach

I found it a horribly boring game tonight. Both teams playing in their shells and unwilling to take any risks, and bereft of ideas in attack. Will be cannon fodder for Melbourne on that showing

The usual loser club talk after the game of it being a "gutsy" and "brave" loss, and being "proud of the boys". If either team had any half decent attack, they would have put the other away
Just about wrote the exact same post in another thread. And I promise, hand on heart, I read this one afterwards!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: September 19, 2021, 8:07 am
Canberra Milk wrote: September 18, 2021, 11:32 pm Parra are a total grindball team like us. Their defence will keep them from the bottom 8, but they're not going to win any comp with this roster and coach

Just about wrote the exact same post in another thread. And I promise, hand on heart, I read this one afterwards!
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/rugby ... ff608b3acc

*Canberra Milk and GE not included….
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Actually I enjoyed the game. The game has swung far too much in favour of the attack. I haven’t seen the Panthers live for a while. But I strongly suspect they’re jumping early off the defensive line, or off side, often.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Yep. The refs have eased up on calling offside and interference in the ruck during the finals.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BJ wrote: September 19, 2021, 9:02 am Yep. The refs have eased up on calling offside and interference in the ruck during the finals.
Yes, they are refereeing the finals in a very different way. It started a week or two early. It happens every year, but the wild swings in the style of officiating this year have been disgraceful. And the officials are not to blame. The NRL is to blame.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

BJ wrote: September 19, 2021, 9:02 am Yep. The refs have eased up on calling offside and interference in the ruck during the finals.
Eased up ?

More like they have taken the pea out of their whistle.

That high shot on the Riff player down in front of the Eels posts was a send off 4 months ago. (Niukore?)

But geez we don’t want to leave a team short a man in a final do we ?

Even if he deserves to be sitting down for 10mins.

It was all about player welfare right ? Protecting the brain.

March>August rules…September rules.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Billy Walker wrote: September 19, 2021, 8:34 am

Yeah, I've seen all the media sentiment... I've never felt so outvoted.

The last set, Parra had a set on the Penrith line to win the game... they go to Paulo off the scrum, Regan Campbell Gillard, then Paulo again. Almost beggars belief. "Great game" though, "proud of the boys" lol
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Canberra Milk wrote: September 19, 2021, 9:16 am
Billy Walker wrote: September 19, 2021, 8:34 am

Yeah, I've seen all the media sentiment... I've never felt so outvoted.

The last set, Parra had a set on the Penrith line to win the game... they go to Paulo off the scrum, Regan Campbell Gillard, then Paulo again. Almost beggars belief. "Great game" though, "proud of the boys" lol
It was a good game, and something to watch with nothing else on, but the whole game of the year stuff is overblown.

More importantly now - what odds is Fergo to do something dumb within the first 2 weeks of offseason?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Canberra Milk wrote: Yeah, I've seen all the media sentiment... I've never felt so outvoted.

I felt for Eels fans on that one. Seen that way too much recently as Raiders fans. Crash balls FTL