Sydney Roosters 2022

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Sydney Roosters 2022

Post by greeneyed »

Squad Game: Roosters 2022 roster changes and best 17

Put Luke Keary and Lindsay Collins back into a side that showed incredible resolve to make it to week two of the finals and you’ve got a bona fide contender. The Morris boys had magnificent careers and will be missed but watch for the next generation to come to the fore, with Joseph Suaalii ready to blossom.

Possible best 17
1. James Tedesco, 2. Daniel Tupou, 3. Joey Manu, 4. Paul Momirovski, 5. Joseph Suaalii, 6. Luke Keary, 7. Sam Walker, 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, 9. Sam Verrills,10. Lindsay Collins, 11. Sitili Tupouniua, 12. Angus Crichton, 13. Victor Radley, 14. Connor Watson, 15. Egan Butcher, 16. Siosiua Taukeiaho, 17. Ben Marschke

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/12/21/squ ... d-best-17/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Sydney Roosters 2022

Post by greeneyed »

Trent Robinson saying that 75 per cent of his squad have had COVID or are going through it. They had 11 players report for pre season training in the New Year.

AUDIO: Roosters coach Trent Robinson: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=946443
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Spotted a Roosters fan somewhere in the USA, possibly Detroit, in 1975 at the front row of a Kiss concert in Kisstory. Full Paul Stanley makeup and the Easts jersey. Better than any Random Souths Guy!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Lui_Bon wrote: January 16, 2022, 11:20 pm Spotted a Roosters fan somewhere in the USA, possibly Detroit, in 1975 at the front row of a Kiss concert in Kisstory. Full Paul Stanley makeup and the Easts jersey. Better than any Random Souths Guy!
Ha.I spotted that as well.

Had to rewind the iq4 to double check.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Sam Verrills injured?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Trent Robinson extends Sydney Roosters contract through to 2028

The Sydney Roosters have today announced that Head Coach Trent Robinson has extended his contract by a further five years.

Currently contracted until the end of the 2023 season, the extension ensures that Robinson – the longest-serving coach in the Foundation Club’s 114-year history – will remain at the helm until at least the conclusion of the 2028 season.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/01/tre ... h-to-2028/

‘In my DNA’: Robbo extends Roosters reign to 16 years after inking monster new deal: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... bad3452318
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And they say the salary cap works.

🤣🤣🤣
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

They can have the grub. I'm not sure he's that great for team harmony.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: June 28, 2022, 9:10 pm They can have the grub. I'm not sure he's that great for team harmony.
I wouldn’t want him either. Bu it’s a little strange isn’t it… one of the weakest teams lose one of their best forwards… and he ends up with the Roosters. The cap system is broken.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

They let the Panthers get away with TPJ last year so they can hardly stop it now.

The caps a joke,
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:
gergreg wrote: June 28, 2022, 9:10 pm They can have the grub. I'm not sure he's that great for team harmony.
I wouldn’t want him either. Bu it’s a little strange isn’t it… one of the weakest teams lose one of their best forwards… and he ends up with the Roosters. The cap system is broken.
That is the Warriors fault really. They paid him out his full contract for some stupid reason.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

gergreg wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
That is the Warriors fault really. They paid him out his full contract for some stupid reason.
Didn’t the NRL state he’d needed to be paid $20k a game? There’s 10 weeks left in the regular season and he’s apparently signed for $100k, imagine that going the way of the Roosters.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Sydney Roosters 2022

Post by Sid »

Roosters dealt ‘once in a lifetime’ Suaalii warning as shock Tedesco move floated: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 75217e02ea

Suaalii staying at roosters next year looking even less likely
He’s in good hands with Isaac Moses lol
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Sets it up nicely for him to return to the tigers…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Modern branding theory is full of ****.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Amy surprise that article comes out the same day as a rumour Tommy Turbo isn’t happy with the politics at Manly?
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Leave Amy out of this, pal.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

The Nickman wrote:Leave Amy out of this, pal.
She’s very insistent.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Matt Lodge previously on $800k at broncos and $700k at the warriors is essentially on $52k at roosters.

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Sid wrote:Matt Lodge previously on $800k at broncos and $700k at the warriors is essentially on $52k at roosters.
Nothing to see here. Players will always play at the Roosters for less money. They also enjoy that free lunch that comes in a brown paper bag.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Look forward to seeing a minnow club try to sign someone on the cheap, only to be told they have to pay them according to their market value.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

This is really the Warriors fault for agreeing to pay out his full contract. Terrible management by that club. But it sucks that the Roosters are always taking advantage of situations like this and more importantly being allowed to do it.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

From what I was told the train and trial is just to have a current income until the cap is sorted and he can be offered a proper contract. The player worth doesn’t come into play with these deals? But he wouldn’t be green lit by the NRL to actually play on such a deal I don’t think.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

julian87 wrote: November 14, 2022, 6:06 pm From what I was told the train and trial is just to have a current income until the cap is sorted and he can be offered a proper contract. The player worth doesn’t come into play with these deals? But he wouldn’t be green lit by the NRL to actually play on such a deal I don’t think.
Thats my understanding.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

True, just seems weird how the system works that he’d be on such a pittance when we can all comfortably say his market value is more than 10X that amount. Nothing stopping him from picking up a major injury and not being signed until later in the year

Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Corey Allan released from bulldogs to play for Roosters.. roosters sorely needed fullback depth, they only had the best Fullback in the world, NZ's best fullback, the best up and coming prodigy fullback, so yeah, they could do with a player that has represented qld at fullback.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Sid wrote:Corey Allan released from bulldogs to play for Roosters.. roosters sorely needed fullback depth, they only had the best Fullback in the world, NZ's best fullback, the best up and coming prodigy fullback, so yeah, they could do with a player that has represented qld at fullback.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I’m surprised by this too
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Maybe there's something in the Tedesco returning to the Tigers rumour. Roosters have got the best years out of him and probably happy to let him walk? Allen would be a worst case scenario backup. They may also see him as coverage for centre.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Couple of articles suggested he was being shopped around as a centre and also that dogs would be paying half of his 500k wage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Roosters wouldn’t need fullback back up even if Tedesco walked. One of their centers is the best fullback in the world and one of their wingers is probably in the top 10.

They’ve just picked this dependable Origin utility back up cheap is all.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

julian87 wrote:Roosters wouldn’t need fullback back up even if Tedesco walked. One of their centers is the best fullback in the world and one of their wingers is probably in the top 10.

If they move Manu to fullback who have they got in the centres? I'm not sure how they afford to keep Tedesco, Manu and Suaalii going forward? It is the Roosters though.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

gergreg wrote: December 8, 2022, 6:50 pm
julian87 wrote:Roosters wouldn’t need fullback back up even if Tedesco walked. One of their centers is the best fullback in the world and one of their wingers is probably in the top 10.

If they move Manu to fullback who have they got in the centres? I'm not sure how they afford to keep Tedesco, Manu and Suaalii going forward? It is the Roosters though.
They shouldn’t be able to afford them now. Manu should be playing fullback for someone else getting paid over a million. It’s an absolute stitch up.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

This is yet another example where the NRL needs some tweaks to these deals.

I imagine a number of low performing clubs would happily have paid $250k for his services. Surely there’s a market mechanism to aid the cellar dwellers that could be introduced?????
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

BJ wrote: December 9, 2022, 9:00 am This is yet another example where the NRL needs some tweaks to these deals.

I imagine a number of low performing clubs would happily have paid $250k for his services. Surely there’s a market mechanism to aid the cellar dwellers that could be introduced?????
I actually don’t agree. He would have gone somewhere where he’d be a definite first grader if that’s the case, yet he’s signed on at Easts as a reserve who’s only chance of gaining a spot is climbing over Momirovski.