Melbourne Storm 2022

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Melbourne Storm 2022

Post by greeneyed »

Squad Game: Storm 2022 roster changes and best 17

Any team boasting Ryan Papenhuyzen, Jahrome Hughes, Cameron Munster, Brandon Smith and Harry Grant is bound to be a premiership contender. With the supercoach Craig Bellamy at the helm and a roster packed with stars, the Storm will play finals for a 12th consecutive year and push hard for another title.

Possible best 17
1. Ryan Papenhuyzen, 2. Xavier Coates, 3. Reimis Smith, 4. Justin Olam, 5. George Jennings, 6. Cameron Munster, 7. Jahrome Hughes, 8. Jesse Bromwich, 9. Harry Grant, 10. Christian Welch, 11. Kenny Bromwich, 12. Felise Kaufusi, 13. Brandon Smith, 14. Nick Meaney, 15. Chris Lewis, 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona, 17. Tom Eisenhuth

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/01/05/squ ... -for-2022/
gergreg
Laurie Daley

Re: Melbourne Storm 2022

Post by gergreg »

I think Meaney will get that no. 5 jersey. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he goes close to top try scorer next year, if he gets in the starting side.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

It will be interesting to see what happens with NAS. As it stands he can’t train or play in Melbourne. They have said they will support him at this stage, does that mean he spends a season living in QLD and playing Q cup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

RTW wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens with NAS. As it stands he can’t train or play in Melbourne. They have said they will support him at this stage, does that mean he spends a season living in QLD and playing Q cup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NAS has said he's getting novavax

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

gergreg wrote: January 6, 2022, 1:04 pm I think Meaney will get that no. 5 jersey. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he goes close to top try scorer next year, if he gets in the starting side.
Yeah I think George Jennings ends up 4th string much to Bellamy's relief.

But just as aside. With the way Melbourne have been able to pull obscure outside backs out of their ass I would not be surprised to see Bellamy turn the big bloke from NZ Rugby 7s into an absolute monster of an NRL winger within half a season.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
gergreg
Laurie Daley

Post by gergreg »

julian87 wrote:
gergreg wrote: January 6, 2022, 1:04 pm I think Meaney will get that no. 5 jersey. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he goes close to top try scorer next year, if he gets in the starting side.

But just as aside. With the way Melbourne have been able to pull obscure outside backs out of their ass I would not be surprised to see Bellamy turn the big bloke from NZ Rugby 7s into an absolute monster of an NRL winger within half a season.
I'm not sure who you mean but I see Meaney as a direct replacement for JAC - he is bloody fast and has a good footy iq. Coates as a direct swap for Vunivula.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

gergreg wrote: January 7, 2022, 8:56 am
julian87 wrote:

I'm not sure who you mean but I see Meaney as a direct replacement for JAC - he is bloody fast and has a good footy iq. Coates as a direct swap for Vunivula.
William Warbrick.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
zim
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead

Post by zim »

gergreg wrote: January 7, 2022, 8:56 am
julian87 wrote:

Coates form went right out the window in the back half of last year. So I expect him to get the Dally M winger spot under Bellamy.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead

Post by zim »

Nick Meany at 14 instead of starting. Not happening.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Harry Grant, Jahrome Hughes and Xavier Coates ink new Melbourne Storm deals

The Melbourne Storm have secured a huge coup with the re-signing of three of their biggest stars - Harry Grant, Jahrome Hughes and Xavier Coates.

Hughes and Coates have committed until the end of 2026, while Grant has agreed to an extension to the end of 2025.

Read more: https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -signings/

https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/01/27/202 ... nrl-clubs/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Melbourne Storm confirm Craig Bellamy will continue as coach in 2023

Craig Bellamy will continue his unmatched career as senior coach of Melbourne Storm in the 2023 NRL season after confirming today he will remain in the head coach position for at least one more year – his 21st with the club.

The news was announced to Storm’s players and staff at their Sunshine Coast camp today before they continued the preparations for the Round 11 match against the North Queensland Cowboys which will be Bellamy’s 509th game as Melbourne coach.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/18/sto ... h-in-2023/