Steve's Lazy Snooker Est 2005

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Steve's Lazy Snooker Est 2005

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: July 8, 2021, 11:30 am I remember a time when people actually liked DMB. It was 2002. Spin up Crash Into Me on the dukebox Gov Steve.

You wouldn't believe what it's like outside.
There you go.

Bit depressing so far...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 8, 2021, 1:14 pm Barkeep, while you're working on the Jukebox, did you know the reason the old Top 40 radio shows were a "Top 40" was because the Jukeboxes at the time only held 40 record singles?
I did not know that.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: July 8, 2021, 1:53 pm There's also something about modern pop songs being 3.30 - 4 minutes because that's what worked on 45s I've heard. Might have even been a prior format.

Get Lit My Own Worst Enemy cranking barman.

This is better stuff.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

She is also a banger

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

greeneyed wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 8, 2021, 1:14 pm Barkeep, while you're working on the Jukebox, did you know the reason the old Top 40 radio shows were a "Top 40" was because the Jukeboxes at the time only held 40 record singles?
I did not know that.
That is a fun fact

... say barkeep... why has Highway to Hell been scratched off the Jukebox?

**slaps on Suspicious Minds - Elvis **
Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I'm in the mood for bourbon and the black keys

Fergus? One bourbon please. And I'll shout Fui. If he writes me a story.

And tr. If he takes his shirt off.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

dubby you'll get cancelled for that type of carry on.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

dubby wrote: July 8, 2021, 4:12 pm I'm in the mood for bourbon and the black keys

Fergus? One bourbon please. And I'll shout Fui. If he writes me a story.

And tr. If he takes his shirt off. Image

Say no more.

Come listen to my story, about a man named Dubby.
Salt of the earth, the guy when you meet at the pub he,
shout you a drink, just for writing him a ditty.
Now I need to come up with something really witty.

He likes the Black Keys, but he's not a lonely boy.
There's gold on the ceiling, but I think that its a decoy.
Drinks deploy, brain cells destroy, carpool ahoy.
How on earth did we end up with Reverend Lovejoy?
That's it for me, no more Bourbons, I'm done.
Until next Friday, when we do another drinks run.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

thanks mate

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

It's time to tell you all
about the time my mind went to war
a daily struggle from within
often wondering would I ever win

But along came a man, a guy I never met
His name is Brad, a man of genuine intent
he would check in on me and say g'day
taking time out of his day to make sure I was OK

Men like Brad are salt of the earth
Reminding us all of our true worth
He has two dogs, Mac and Cheese
when it comes to food they say, Yes Please!

Let's raise a glass and shout to Brad
One of the GH's most likable lads
Like us all he bleeds green,
waiting for our premiership dream

TO BRAD! aka chocolate thunder

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Thanks Dubs, that’s a good one.

Barkeep - Medovina for my friend over here

Nickman's love of NSW
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

I have commandeered the duxebox with 2000 - 2003 alt rock. Even got a bit of Aussie in there for you all.

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Well at least the posts in this are now very safely socially distanced.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

2000 - 2003 alt rock is always a good means of social distancing.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Barkeep, I'm interested in your thoughts on the Ship of Theseus?
If you have a ship, and you start replacing planks of wood, as the wood gets old, does there become a point where it's not the same ship?

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 12, 2021, 1:27 pm Barkeep, I'm interested in your thoughts on the Ship of Theseus?
If you have a ship, and you start replacing planks of wood, as the wood gets old, does there become a point where it's not the same ship?
No, it is the same ship. Just as the Murumbidgee River is the same river, even though the water keeps changing and the river changes course over time. Just as the city of Canberra could be entirely rebuilt over time, but it is still the city of Canberra.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I just realised I missed your response. That’s the way I see it also. I can change my clothes, but I’m still me.

How about this one: If you started to eat yourself, would you end up getting smaller, or double in size?

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don’t think that’s possible.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Steve, is your love of rugby league as strong as it was in the 90s?

Mines not. It's such a different game now.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Not after season 2021 it isn’t dubs.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

dubby wrote:Steve, is your love of rugby league as strong as it was in the 90s?

Mines not. It's such a different game now.
Mines the same. Been happening for a few years now. I find I still support the club, but not the game.

I don’t watch games all weekend like I used to, and I’m ok with that.

Nickman's love of NSW
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Barkeep! It's been a long week. I'll start with a glass of white - your call - and we'll see where we go from there.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I’d recommend our house Reisling from Eden Valley to start!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote: September 24, 2021, 5:22 pm I’d recommend our house Reisling from Eden Valley to start!
Done. Don't worry too much about stopping at that little line on the side of the glass.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote:
greeneyed wrote: September 24, 2021, 5:22 pm I’d recommend our house Reisling from Eden Valley to start!
Done. Don't worry too much about stopping at that little line on the side of the glass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

:lol:

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

as cheese might say, rack em up barkeep

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

bonehead wrote: September 28, 2021, 6:43 pm as cheese might say, rack em up barkeep

What'll you have?!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

greeneyed wrote:
bonehead wrote: September 28, 2021, 6:43 pm as cheese might say, rack em up barkeep

What'll you have?!
1 bourbon 1 scotch 1 beer

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I’ll have a Bourbon also barkeep.

Starting a new job on Tuesday. It’s a 12 month secondment moving from 1st Line Risk to 2nd Line Compliance.

I feel funny. The teams putting on a farewell, virtual drinks etc, but being a secondment, the farewells feel weird. I could very well be back in the team next year if I don’t get offered anything permanent. Should they hold off on this stuff until I’m offered something full time?

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Have the farewell drinks. Never a poor excuse for that!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

True that, I’ve been telling people not to get me anything, or expect farewell speeches until I’m well and truly out the door

Nickman's love of NSW
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

The Juke box is back on with a couple of garage performances.

And maybe a bit of chill while we sip the Balter XPA on tap. Keep em coming Steve.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Love me a bit of Newton Faulkner

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Barkeep, I learned today that everyone is more nostalgic and think the music of their youth is the best, because it imprints more into our brains which are still developing.

I find myself disagreeing with this, because it is well known that the 90’s were the best era for music, regardless of when my brain was developing.

What are your thoughts?

Nickman's love of NSW