The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Off topic

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

-PJ- wrote: July 2, 2021, 11:15 am
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 2, 2021, 9:43 am I've gone from 100.3kgs at the start of June, to 93.7kgs this morning.
And the secret ?
Stress and worry about the state of this Raiders squad.

It's been a combination of things. Working from home has freed up 3hrs a day that used to be spent on trains. Pre-June, I was just used this time for vegging and PS4. Now I do a 30 min walk with Mack and Cheese in the morning, and after work it's 40 mins of either a more intense walk without the dogs, upper body dumbbell work outs or Yoga.

Then diet to complement this. I've jumped on 16/8, and just been more conscious of what I eat.

I got an Apple Watch during this time as well, and the gamer in me has become obsessed with closing rings and collecting achievement badges as well.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Maddog says I lose the gut without losing the beers..

True or False ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I've still got about 6 Man Shakes left from the last batch. I've been eating Uncle Toby's Oats with water instead of milk. Feels more filling than the shakes.
Also, this is a guy who used to yell at his legs, can he be trusted?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Loving dry July so farImage

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Highway Patrol pulled over a young couple in Kurri on Friday night and issued both with a $200 fine for not wearing masks in the car..the reason being these two lovers DO NOT live under the same roof..

Ok..sure that’s the law.

But these two are swallowing each other’s tongues.

World gone crazy.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

-PJ- wrote:Highway Patrol pulled over a young couple in Kurri on Friday night and issued both with a $200 fine for not wearing masks in the car..the reason being these two lovers DO NOT live under the same roof..

Ok..sure that’s the law.

World gone crazy.
It has indeed. A few months back, during one of the other Sydney hot spot festivities, a mate who lives in Parra went down to Batemans Bay to visit friends.

Tried to get into the Soldiers Club, the Bay friends got in but she couldn’t because she was from Parra. Despite staying in the same house as the Bay friends.

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 4, 2021, 12:01 pm
-PJ- wrote:Highway Patrol pulled over a young couple in Kurri on Friday night and issued both with a $200 fine for not wearing masks in the car..the reason being these two lovers DO NOT live under the same roof..

Ok..sure that’s the law.

World gone crazy.
It has indeed. A few months back, during one of the other Sydney hot spot festivities, a mate who lives in Parra went down to Batemans Bay to visit friends.

Tried to get into the Soldiers Club, the Bay friends got in but she couldn’t because she was from Parra. Despite staying in the same house as the Bay friends.
We are Covid free. Newcastle/Lake Macquarie/Hunter isn’t a hot spot.

Seems a little over the top don’t ya think.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

A Big Mac in 1971 cost 49c.
A Big Mac in 2021 cost $6-80
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-PJ- wrote: July 5, 2021, 7:49 pm A Big Mac in 1971 cost 49c.
And if their prices had risen in line with the overall inflation rate, they would be charging $5.55. Macca's is ripping us off! ;)
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Considering the quality of the food - yes, yes they are

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

-PJ- wrote: July 5, 2021, 7:49 pm A Big Mac in 1971 cost 49c.
A handy stat I use to show statistics can be twisted to prove anything.
1955 - The first McDonalds opened in 1955. Average life expectancy is 47.92
1970 - There were 1,500 stores around the world. Average life expectancy is 56.49
2000 - There were ~11,000 stores around the world. Average life expectancy is 66.20
2020 - 39,198 stores around the world. Average life expectancy is 72.63

So the more stores that open up, the longer we live

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

-TW- wrote: July 5, 2021, 9:10 pm Considering the quality of the food - yes, yes they are

I don’t eat the crap..

Ok..ok..nuggets, and only when drunk.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

So, went through a bit of a hard time the last few months. Met a woman during COVID mayhem middle of last year when I was supposed to be going overseas for a photography trip, we ended up really clicking and got into a relationship. I fell for the connection, but she did have baggage (2 kids 6 and 4, going through a divorce for the last 18 months).

She seemed to have some unresolved trauma or something, we spent 2 weeks apart over Xmas due to the lockdown and kind of lost regular touch during that time, but generally saw each other 2 or 3 times most weeks. 2 days before she gave me a birthday present talking about how happy she had been with me after a miserable marriage of 6 years - basically married the guy because they conceived a child within a month of dating, and tried to make something of it and he was very wealthy with a $30 million inheritance when she came from quite a poor family. She was still living in the house she had shared with her ex. Apparently the guy just played video games all day and they lived very separate lives, slept in separate beds and she kept telling me how unhappy she was in the marriage but for some reason they had another kid too

One thing I found a bit difficult is she was pushing me to start mixing lives with her, stay over, do the "every day things" within a few months. I have no issue with doing that at some point - and I get every relationship needs to go there, and I communicated with her I would get there but it was just me needing to be open to that level of vulnerability with her and I just needed a bit of time - not years and years, just to let myself open up.

Anyway post lockdown, she went haywire. I think it triggered old emotional wounds or something. Started being really hot cold, bit of a long story but she basically started sabotaging our relationship -breaking off contact when we were meant to be catching up, being very closed off and passive aggressive in the brief time we did spend together, suddenly throwing herself into work and exercise so it became hard for us to find time together; start taking days to respond to messages etc. I tried to communicate about it but when she didn't play ball I eventually told her I had to protect myself and went to walk away - then she'd start crying and want another chance, saying I was so special to her etc. This cycle happened 2 or 3 times and I basically said I couldn't do it anymore unless she got her act together as I'd held things together as much as I could on my own - she agreed and asked for a final chance (6 weeks post lockdown). After some consideration I gave it to her - she came out to my neck of the woods, we went on a date and started to find our way. We talked about going on a trip away together to heal, she sounded really keen and even messaged me that night to apologise for how she had been and that she deserved everything I threw at her.

She then ghosted me the next day, which did not seem like normal behaviour in the slightest. We did have a conversation after that but she sounded almost sociopathic and barely gave a that I existed. Suffice to say the relationship ended. Was obviously a pretty difficult experience and took it out of me for a few months afterwards.

Now of course I'm not a perfect partner, no one is... but pretty sure this one felt about the other person. Just scary how well some people can mask their issues until you get close to them.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

People are nuts

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yep. Pretty scary. Basically went from feeling deeply in love to watching someone switch off their feelings as if I didn't matter within days was full on.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

-PJ- wrote:
-TW- wrote: July 5, 2021, 9:10 pm Considering the quality of the food - yes, yes they are

I don’t eat the crap..

Ok..ok..nuggets, and only when drunk.
I only eat it when I'm driving or super hungover

And it's usually nuggets as well

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Azza wrote:Yep. Pretty scary. Basically went from feeling deeply in love to watching someone switch off their feelings as if I didn't matter within days was full on.
no expert but I think the 1st relationship out of a long relationship is very difficult.
Hope you're on the mental mend and find the right one when the time is right

Edrick The Entertainer
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

bonehead wrote: July 7, 2021, 6:41 pm
Azza wrote:Yep. Pretty scary. Basically went from feeling deeply in love to watching someone switch off their feelings as if I didn't matter within days was full on.
no expert but I think the 1st relationship out of a long relationship is very difficult.

Thanks. You're probably right, but I don't think all of it was necessarily to do with an unhappy marriage either - seemed she had deeper unresolved issues. I got sucked in though and it wasn't fun. Lots of wounded people in the dating world sadly. Yep slowly getting better. Took a few months. Was waking up with panic attacks for awhile there.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Azza wrote:

Thanks. You're probably right, but I don't think all of it was necessarily to do with an unhappy marriage either - seemed she had deeper unresolved issues. I got sucked in though and it wasn't fun. Lots of wounded people in the dating world sadly. Yep slowly getting better. Took a few months. Was waking up with panic attacks for awhile there.
I've been married 18yrs, my opinion is probably terrible but my 2 best mates are mid divorce and I see a bit of what them and their ex's have been up to. It's not great viewing

Edrick The Entertainer
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

bonehead wrote: July 7, 2021, 6:59 pm
Azza wrote:

I've been married 18yrs, my opinion is probably terrible but my 2 best mates are mid divorce and I see a bit of what them and their ex's have been up to. It's not great viewing

Up to? What do you mean?

I'm not disagreeing. I just think that sort of erratic behaviour and some of the stuff she told me about her unstable childhood played a part too. People need to sort their own crap out before roping others in. But I got roped in and that's partly on me. Tough experience as a first relationship. Hopefully better ones ahead.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Azza wrote:
bonehead wrote: July 7, 2021, 6:59 pm
Azza wrote:

Up to? What do you mean?

I'm not disagreeing. I just think that sort of erratic behaviour and some of the stuff she told me about her unstable childhood played a part too. People need to sort their own crap out before roping others in. But I got roped in and that's partly on me. Tough experience as a first relationship. Hopefully better ones ahead.
just their forays into relationships and behaviours

Edrick The Entertainer
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

A number of screwed up people out there mate.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Going thru a separation myself.

It's amicable but still presents challenges.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah it's probably one of the worst things I've gone through in my life.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Been through a similar thing during last year.

I think COVID and the lockdowns have brought out some undealt with mental issues in people

I know it did for me

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah - well I can't diagnose her, but I'm not sure her behaviour indicated someone of sound mental state.

There are probably lots of undiagnosed issues out there. It's just amazingly scary how well they can hide it until you get close. If it wasn't for the lockdown over Xmas, I could have been in even deeper with this woman and been in a disastrous situation 2 years down the track.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-TW- wrote:Been through a similar thing during last year.

I think COVID and the lockdowns have brought out some undealt with mental issues in people

I know it did for me

I hope you're getting some treatment for the issues you're experiencing TW.

But seriously tough to hear your story Azza. I think the experiences you have gone through are more common than you realise, I've certainly been through similar and it took a few years to truly get over it. Take care.

And Dubby. Sorry to hear about that mate. I hope it all works out for you.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Sorry to hear you guys are doing it tough lately. Hope things turn around for you all soon.

Hopefully Savage sees open space at some point tomorrow night to put some joy into the game!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

That’s right Gangers. Time for Savage to lead the charge this week in the Azza TW Dub Cup!

Nickman's love of NSW
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

gergreg wrote: July 7, 2021, 8:42 pm
-TW- wrote:Been through a similar thing during last year.

I know it did for me

I hope you're getting some treatment for the issues you're experiencing TW.

But seriously tough to hear your story Azza. I think the experiences you have gone through are more common than you realise, I've certainly been through similar and it took a few years to truly get over it. Take care.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Thank you. I hope it doesn't take me a few years, no way I want someone else's issues to have power over me like that. And it took me a bloody long time to find the first one in my life (which is why it was so hard it ended that way). But it does screw with your head when someone can change so drastically in so short a time - all the lockdown did was trigger something that was already there, but she'd been a master of concealing. We went on 3 trips away together, she talked about wanting it for life etc and then ends by ghosting me and telling me 2 weeks after asking for her last and final chance and then ghosting me "I can't be what you need..." - yes it was very disturbing. But most of it was about her, not me - it's left a scar for sure, but not one I want to stop me from being able to open up to someone else.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

My advice is just be patient with yourself. There's no clarity like hindsight.
I've had 2 short relationships after my 7 year one finished up. You don't realize how different you are until after each one ends and you decompress.

I rushed out too quickly and you not only have trouble picking up your own issues, but because you're emotionally drunk and hung over at the same time you have a pretty hard time properly judging others as well.

I'm purposefully single at the moment and just working on myself. My gains are getting sicker by the day.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah I've definitely not rushed back into it. It's been 6 months now. Like I say, the scary thing is how well some people can hide their baggage but it can't always be that bad. Just shook me up a lot.

Far too many people don't work on their hangups before getting back into dating, just end up wounding other people.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Newcastle>Tszyucastle>Bluecastle
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

-PJ- wrote: July 9, 2021, 6:35 am Newcastle>Tszyucastle>Bluecastle
I'm kind of happy for the area to be getting such big events. I bet the place has a bit of a buzz about it.
I like the town, I feel it's inevitable I'll make my way there some point in my life when I'm done with Sydney.

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 9, 2021, 9:25 am
-PJ- wrote: July 9, 2021, 6:35 am Newcastle>Tszyucastle>Bluecastle
I'm kind of happy for the area to be getting such big events. I bet the place has a bit of a buzz about it.
I like the town, I feel it's inevitable I'll make my way there some point in my life when I'm done with Sydney.
Newcastle stinks, too many Knights fans.