Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Re: Coronavirus

Post by gangrenous »

Not disputing anything I said though I note?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

gergreg wrote: October 6, 2021, 6:26 pm Lockdown has been unbearable with Bunnings also shut... can't wait for it to open again.
Bunnings has been open here in the sutherland shire for about a month. They were slow on their website and google maps to signal that they were open again. Maybe yours is as well.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

greeneyed wrote: October 6, 2021, 5:53 pm
papabear wrote: October 6, 2021, 5:28 pm
All reasonable criticisms.

Do you think that you have spent more time on some criticisms as opposed to others?
Probably about as much time as others have been excusing the failings of the federal vaccination and quarantine programs and the NSW government’s mishandling of the latest outbreak, I’d say. It’s understandable that they’re the more controversial. As they have had by far the most serious consequences.
I don't think the above really answers my question, more trying to justify what the answer is.

Again, do you think your criticism has been measured (a nice softball one for you)?

Importantly, where have you spent most of your time criticizing?
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

gangrenous wrote: October 7, 2021, 5:31 am Not disputing anything I said though I note?
perhaps we are just inspired by your dedication, memory and record keeping (search function skills)..

no need to dispute what you have put on the record.

go and have your internet victory beer!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

gangrenous wrote: October 7, 2021, 5:31 am Not disputing anything I said though I note?
I see politicians as human with all the traits that come with it. Errors will be made. Given their time over again and with the benefit of hindsight, I am sure all have Corona Virus actions that would change. A very rare thing, a World Wide pandemic of this magnitude. No playbook to follow other than to listen and act on the expert Health advice.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

zim wrote:
gergreg wrote: October 6, 2021, 6:26 pm Lockdown has been unbearable with Bunnings also shut... can't wait for it to open again.
Bunnings has been open here in the sutherland shire for about a month. They were slow on their website and google maps to signal that they were open again. Maybe yours is as well.
Sadly no. The delivery and click and collect is bizarre too. About half the stuff I wanted couldn't be delivered and had to be click and collect and the other half was the opposite. I'm not going to fork out 40 bucks delivery fee on a couple of bags of cow **** and potting mix. Be open soon enough.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Coronavirus

Post by gangrenous »

RedRaider wrote:
I see politicians as human with all the traits that come with it. Errors will be made. Given their time over again and with the benefit of hindsight, I am sure all have Corona Virus actions that would change. A very rare thing, a World Wide pandemic of this magnitude. No playbook to follow other than to listen and act on the expert Health advice.
Good evening Judge, learned folk of the jury, Doctors of Zaiuses.

As you can see the defendant has entered no plea. Given this we believe it clear - you should, nay you must, find in favour of gangers.

No further questions. The prosecution rests its case.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Not even remotely surprised by this.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

gangrenous wrote: October 7, 2021, 4:19 pm
RedRaider wrote:

As you can see the defendant has entered no plea. Given this we believe it clear - you should, nay you must, find in favour of gangers.

I move for a bad court thingy
Up The Milk
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Glad to see there are now 4 Age groups Australia wide with 80% double vaccination. These are in the 75-94 age groups. ACT is flying with vaccinations for the 12-15 age group with more than 80% first doses.

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default ... r-2021.pdf
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Mickey_Raider wrote: October 7, 2021, 7:51 pm
gangrenous wrote: October 7, 2021, 4:19 pm
RedRaider wrote:

I move for a bad court thingy
This is Australia Mickey, so it would have to be called a Kangaroo Court. :D
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The major flaw in NSW's new reopening plan: https://au.news.yahoo.com/they-will-spr ... 06540.html
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

The proof will be in the pudding, ge. Once all states have opened up long enough to see whatever fallout, that's when you can point fingers

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Good philosophy. Let’s only think about it after the fact and then high five or say “whoops” if we screw it up.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

greeneyed wrote: October 7, 2021, 8:03 pm The major flaw in NSW's new reopening plan: https://au.news.yahoo.com/they-will-spr ... 06540.html
I think there is great risk in speeding up the process. I understand that the second shot takes a couple of weeks to be effective. This means that the 70% double vax rate met in the last couple of days in NSW is not the effective rate yet. The initial roadmap set the date of 11 October with a more cautious reopening. Due to the Delta variant I think this was more prudent. Particularly from the point of view of the Health system being able to cope with the expected increased number of cases. Professor McLaws makes the point about the age groups with the highest level of infection currently as being under 40. They are also less vaccinated so they are likely to have the greater need for medical attention as the State opens up. I feel for those in the field of medicine who will bear the brunt of this 'speed up' decision.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

gangrenous wrote:Good philosophy. Let’s only think about it after the fact and then high five or say “whoops” if we screw it up.
A plausible lesson learned from the difference in how VIC and NSW have handled the current outbreaks is the theory of restrictions and their outcomes don't necessarily follow through in practice.

There are multiple reasons at play, but it can be argued that NSW's looser restrictions and earlier easing and earlier forecasting of easing restrictions have helped with compliance and therefore success when compared with VIC.

These weren't necessarily seen as positives at the time, yet here we are with a massive discrepancy in case numbers between the two states.

Dan had a very thinly veiled shot at the NSW roadmap in regards to freeing the unvaccinated of restrictions come December 1, saying he doesn't want to give Victorians the message that they don't need to get vaccinated. Yet NSW will now comfortably pass the 90% mark. So can you still claim it was a mistake to forecast freedoms for unvaccinated? Or was it the higher percentage play when balancing social anxiety and frustrations?

Personally, Dom's further easing of restrictions make me a little uncomfortable as a Sydneysider, but it's not something any of us can change. So I think applying "let's see how this now turns out for each state in following their respective roadmaps, before perhaps prematurely pointing fingers and saying 'nar, wrong'" is a good philosophy, I agree with you.

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

We are the champions my friend and well keep on fighting to the end, love that song.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

EJ wrote: Personally, Dom's further easing of restrictions make me a little uncomfortable as a Sydneysider, but it's not something any of us can change. So I think applying "let's see how this now turns out for each state in following their respective roadmaps, before perhaps prematurely pointing fingers and saying 'nar, wrong'" is a good philosophy, I agree with you.
Time will give clarity definitely.

I think it’s really useful to have people argue what is right upfront though. Means everyone is not just a hindsight hero, and people get better at judging what is a good decision at the time.
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

We aren't the only country going through this i would have thought they could point to other countries experiences when making a decision eg the UK freedom day.. Which barman has said a few times we will not do that in Canberra but wait and see I guess.. I'm more comfortable with the take it slowly out approach that Barr keeps pushing personally... Happen to be a secondary contact in isolation till Thursday but looking forward to some extra freedoms going forward

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

greeneyed wrote: October 7, 2021, 8:03 pm The major flaw in NSW's new reopening plan: https://au.news.yahoo.com/they-will-spr ... 06540.html
You may not be self aware

But you are incredibly consistent.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

papabear wrote: October 9, 2021, 3:36 pm

You are incredibly consistent too. Not in a good way.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

greeneyed wrote: October 9, 2021, 3:41 pm
papabear wrote: October 9, 2021, 3:36 pm

You are incredibly consistent too. Not in a good way.
I do live in nsw - so it would t be surprising for you to turn the hate train in my direction ;)
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Got a haircut today.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Coastalraider wrote:Got a haircut today.
same, no more lockdown Mohawk

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

The locks have grown on me, I think im goin to leave them, may get a Double Vaxxed tat around my neck.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Coastalraider wrote: October 11, 2021, 8:22 pm Got a haircut today.
Did you go with the top knot ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Northern Territory the only State/Territory below 70% of over 16s with first vax. More emphasis needed to get into the remote communities. I know Royal Flying Doctor Service are helping in these areas. We have had the Army in some regional areas of NSW. Not sure if they are also assisting in Northern Territory.
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default ... r-2021.pdf
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

My mullet got shorn off today :(
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Now that the Doc got run out of town, and logical analysis has left, can we rename this thread the coronavirus haircut thread?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Azza wrote:My mullet got shorn off today :(
Mrs Fui had a crack at cutting my hair 2 weeks ago. She’s saying I need to go and get it cleaned up.

I’m convinced Im in a no win situation with this one. I either say yes and she thinks I think she did a dud cut, or I say no, and she thinks Im living with a cut not to her standard.

FWIW, I like the job she’s done, so I’m happy to keep it until my next proper cut.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Coronavirus

Post by gangrenous »

Coastalraider wrote:Now that the Doc got run out of town, and logical analysis has left, can we rename this thread the coronavirus haircut thread?
Pretty sure I’m still here.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gangrenous wrote:
Coastalraider wrote:Now that the Doc got run out of town, and logical analysis has left, can we rename this thread the coronavirus haircut thread?
He said logical

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Yes
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gangrenous wrote: October 13, 2021, 6:04 pm
No one was run out of town. Quite the contrary.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

They were run into town?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk