Re: Coronavirus

Post by -TW- »

Still in trials

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

RedRaider wrote:175,000 doses of vaccine given on Thursday 15 July. If that can be replicated for a month it is more than 5 million doses. This weekend will see the total of vaccine doses given in Australia pass 10 million.
https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-a ... ne-rollout

Feds expect 40 million Pfizer doses by the end of 2021. Millions of Aussies (like me) will have had the AZ vaccine both times by then.

Doctor Z, are you hearing any word on how the TGA is going with approving the Moderna Vaccine?
Looks like it's still undergoing evaluation, as well as novavax.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Sterlk wrote:Whatever happened to Novavax?
-TW- wrote:Still in trials

Norman Swan was saying that they have published, but I can't find it. It has similar efficacy to the mRNA vaccines
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-TW- wrote:NSW to finally restrict non essential retail, about 3 weeks too late

Halle-fing-lujah. If they had of done it properly in the first place, they would be out of it by now.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Had my first Pfizer jab on Friday

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

dubby wrote:Had my first Pfizer jab on Friday

how's the arm?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Still attached.

No side effects at all

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The cost of locking down Sydney is $100 million per day

The cost of locking down Melbourne is $100 million a day.

The cost of custom built quarantine facility, of procuring adequate amounts of numerous types of vaccines, and funding mass vaccination centres is a drop in the ocean comparatively.

The Feds have really dropped the ball.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Interesting read. Goes some way to explaining the NSW thought process I guess. Still, doesn't seem to work with delta.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

How are you guys getting your jabs? I'm in a high risk category (but younger) and still can't get my Pfizer till late September. That's actually come forward from early October.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

zim wrote:How are you guys getting your jabs? I'm in a high risk category (but younger) and still can't get my Pfizer till late September. That's actually come forward from early October.
Sometimes if you rock up towards the end of the day they are wanting to use stuff that is expiring and will do anyone
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The whole thing is a farce. The ad on the TV with the girl choking to death telling us to get our jabs... I can't even sign up to get one or I'd happily get one tomorrow. Morons.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 18, 2021, 9:24 am The cost of locking down Sydney is $100 million per day

The cost of locking down Melbourne is $100 million a day.

The cost of custom built quarantine facility, of procuring adequate amounts of numerous types of vaccines, and funding mass vaccination centres is a drop in the ocean comparatively.

The Feds have really dropped the ball.
IMO it's time to seriously consider halting international arrivals completely until we have a sufficient mass of the population vaccinated.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 18, 2021, 12:36 pm
zim wrote:How are you guys getting your jabs? I'm in a high risk category (but younger) and still can't get my Pfizer till late September. That's actually come forward from early October.
Sometimes if you rock up towards the end of the day they are wanting to use stuff that is expiring and will do anyone
"Will do anyone" comes through for me yet again... but unfortunately location means I can't hang out at those bins.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

zim wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: July 18, 2021, 12:36 pm
"Will do anyone" comes through for me yet again... but unfortunately location means I can't hang out at those bins.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

-TW- wrote: July 14, 2021, 1:49 pm That's on ScoMo and Hunt for trying to take the cheaper/easier option.

Story is Pfizer was OFFERING stock around the world and we basically said nah were sweet cause we had the CSL plant to make AZ.

Ever since the clot scares came out, we've been chasing our tails to get enough Pfizer, so went from "the front of the queue" to the rear.

The logistical rollout itself, ie getting it, from my experience in the act has been top shelf. They just **** up the supply

Imagine my surprise
WorkChoice
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I booked mine in the ACT as soon I found out I was eligible, had my first jab 2 days later

I think the demand is way higher now than it was then, this was late May when there was still some hesitancy and no real lockdowns

Now I think the people on the fence are getting it cause they're just so over it

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE AD? I can't even register to get vaccinated until September at the earliest. Muppets.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Well 1 million doses arrived overnight, and we are expecting to receive a million a week. Hopefully they've sorted out the delivery logistics.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

-TW- wrote: July 19, 2021, 7:34 pm
I booked mine in the ACT as soon I found out I was eligible, had my first jab 2 days later

I think the demand is way higher now than it was then, this was late May when there was still some hesitancy and no real lockdowns

Now I think the people on the fence are getting it cause they're just so over it
I started trying to book in last week of June so sounds like I missed out on the early rush.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 19, 2021, 7:53 pm Well 1 million doses arrived overnight, and we are expecting to receive a million a week. Hopefully they've sorted out the delivery logistics.
Sounds promising.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 19, 2021, 7:53 pm Well 1 million doses arrived overnight, and we are expecting to receive a million a week. Hopefully they've sorted out the delivery logistics.
Hunt still says late Sept / early October for under 40s. That is a joke.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

SA to go into a lockdown from tonight too.

Hoooo boy.
Up The Milk
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

This could be a disaster for Scotty boy.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

This one for Azza..

Dr Kerry Chant” we have to stop the spread of this virus, and how do we do that ?”

“We have to stick together”
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-PJ- wrote: July 20, 2021, 1:17 pm This one for Azza..

Dr Kerry Chant” we have to stop the spread of this virus, and how do we do that ?”

That's like the messaging from QLD Health - "If you have symptoms isolate at home and get tested". Hard to follow one instruction without breaking the other. :)
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Northern Raider wrote: July 20, 2021, 1:47 pm

That's like the messaging from QLD Health - "If you have symptoms isolate at home and get tested". Hard to follow one instruction without breaking the other. :)
Gladys looks beat up. It’s the same ole roll out every morning at the 11am pressa. I believe she’s doing what’s necessary, it’s a tough gig. But it’s taking it’s toll on Gladys.

Gladys needs an afternoon of beer, darts and very loud music.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Gladys has stuffed this one yes, but overall she's still in my good books.

Scomo and Hunt on the other hand - muppets. The vaccine rollout is an absolute disgrace.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I'm not vaccinating till they pay me to do so.
This place is woke.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Question wrote: July 20, 2021, 5:21 pm I'm not vaccinating till they pay me to do so.
I'll give you 10 dong.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: July 20, 2021, 1:47 pm

Gladys looks beat up. It’s the same ole roll out every morning at the 11am pressa. I believe she’s doing what’s necessary, it’s a tough gig. But it’s taking it’s toll on Gladys.

Gladys needs an afternoon of beer, darts and very loud music.
You inviting her to your garage there mate?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Question wrote: July 20, 2021, 5:21 pm I'm not vaccinating till they pay me to do so.
It's been suggested. :lol:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Mickey_Raider wrote:SA to go into a lockdown from tonight too.

Hoooo boy.
Seems a bit OTT with only 5 cases, 4 from the one family. Maybe they think that the Greek Restaurant is a superapreader event. Time will tell.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Orange and surrounds to go into a 7 day lockdown

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-TW- wrote:Orange and surrounds to go into a 7 day lockdown

Now that <is> interesting. Very interesting. One case, and in isolation since Sunday. Seems the game plan has shifted.

SA running with the WA MO and not **** around at all.

Victoria happy to give it a few days breathing space and then come down hard if it looks like getting away.

NSW once bitten, twice shy, at least in the regions.

The game plan is shifting. I think that the current Victorian approach has the best balance. Once they had transmissions at the MCG they new that they had a problem and came down hard.

Up here in Queensland we're still getting occasional spot fires, but apart from masks, it's life as usual.