Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Botman »

1992 wrote: January 20, 2022, 1:55 pm New Omicron vaccine coming in March.
Greg Hunt has spoken to Pfizer and asked that they prioritise Australia for it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.busine ... ection/amp

You guys sure do love the government keeping you safe. HAHAHAHA
Look at this, lads. The fake pureblood just "lalalalalalalal"ing everything that doesnt suit his cult agenda.

Not only is he a fraudulent pureblood, a disgrace to his own kind, with medical science RUNNING THROUGH HIS VEINS. But he's also a **** coward. :lol:
Imagine my surprise.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

Despite two years of government and social fear and threats I have never caved and never will.

No mask. No jab.
Pureblood for life. 😎
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

1992 wrote: January 20, 2022, 2:03 pm Despite two years of government and social fear and threats I have never caved and never will.

No mask. No jab.
Pureblood for life. 😎
Literally havent spent a day of your life as a pureblood, you fraud. Nothing you can ever say or do will change that. :D

No mask. No jab. No travel. No brains. No hope.
Diluted blood, from literally day 1.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

@Greeneyed since your insisting on removing any clearly false or misleading information, can you please edit out his claims of being pureblood
These are clearly false and misleading

Source: Him
1992 wrote: January 19, 2022, 8:45 pm Half a dozen vaccines on board?

You mean jabs I had to take as a child and had no say in?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Some light reading... doing my own research on this one

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectiou ... v8YyHFKgVQ

9.1% of total cases from unvaccinated required hospitalisation as compared 1.2% of fully vaccinated.
1.5% of total cases from unvaccinated required admission to ICU as compared to 0.1% of fully vaccinated.
0.3% of total cases from unvaccinated resulted in death as compared to <0.1% of fully vaccinated

The data continues to be extremely clear.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Whoa settle down Bot. We shouldn’t let facts get in the way of a good story.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Botman wrote: January 20, 2022, 2:39 pm Some light reading... doing my own research on this one

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectiou ... v8YyHFKgVQ

9.1% of total cases from purebloods required hospitalisation as compared 1.2% of tainted blood, 5G carrying sheeple.
1.5% of total cases from purebloods required admission to ICU as compared to 0.1% of tainted blood, 5G carrying sheeple.
0.3% of total cases from purebloods resulted in death as compared to <0.1% of tainted blood, 5G carrying sheeple.

The data continues to be extremely clear.
Fixed
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

My heart goes out for all those kids who didn't have consent to not get measles.

Yesterday four our of the five in Canberra's in ICU were unvaccinated. So 4/5 despite only making up under 2 percent of the population.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Ive done more research into this covid payment thing and im allowed one fake rat test every three months, happy days 48 weeks a year work has now become 44, whats not to like.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Ive yet to book a booster I want another dose of the omi before boosting, I like that combo breaker.

This place is woke.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

It blows my mind that GE was so forceful of his opinions about the vaccine rollout in this thread last year it literally drove Doc Z away, and yet this absolute **** drivel continues day after day, almost unhindered.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

And how you going with ya omi mate, back into it?

This place is woke.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Thanks to modern medicine and vaccines it was a mild case. Had to take it easy, so have only run 10k and cycled 70k this week.

Probably more than those pure bloods do annually.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

**** mate thats outstanding. Thats good news btw.

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Peej has gone into a underground bunker by the looks.

This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Coastalraider wrote: January 20, 2022, 3:50 pm It blows my mind that GE was so forceful of his opinions about the vaccine rollout in this thread last year it literally drove Doc Z away, and yet this absolute **** drivel continues day after day, almost unhindered.
That’s a bit rough. There were some pretty forceful views being expressed all round. No one was driven anywhere. Today, I’ve been criticised for moderating and removing false claims… and for not removing enough. Not for the first time, eg re some discussions on the Raiders board. I feel like it’s a no win situation. In any case… General request… Could any further advice on the moderation can come via PM please. If there are posts that should be reported, please use the report function.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Question wrote: January 20, 2022, 4:06 pm Peej has gone into a underground bunker by the looks.

Here I am.

Was reading somewhere today Pfzier has made a special Omricon vaccine.

There’s another booster after my booster.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I had my booster today, Moderna. I went to the supermarket afterwards, and I can’t say I was surprised, I was expecting some empty shelves… and there they were. It really has been a massive public policy failure, particularly from the NSW and federal governments. Failures on top of failures. We have had the debacle of the vaccination roll out, the failure by NSW to act promptly to try to contain the Delta outbreak (we now know why that happened and who drove it).

Now with Omicron, we not only had governments being slow to act, but NSW actually accelerated the elimination of other public health measures (apart from vaccination)… just at the wrong time. The older population, largely left with no choice but to take AstraZeneca, found themselves left the least protected from vaccines. Other countries moved rapidly to boosters (or third dose, whichever you like). Again we’ve been slow, and have just made three months the benchmark for boosters (in SE Australia) when it was clear that was needed well before Christmas. Then there’s the testing debacle, and… oh, we didn’t order enough RATs. Again, the federal and other governments ignored the warnings given a long time beforehand. The modelling which suggested massive case numbers was scoffed at by the federal government. Guess what happened? 350 people or so have died in the past week. Omicron might be milder than Delta, and thankfully vaccines are helping, but it’s still clearly packing a punch. Hospitals under massive pressure.

And the economy? It’s tanking. Turns out you need a healthy workforce and confident consumers. As most economists knew all along. But which some politicians and short sighted business interests did not understand.

Good to see some truths driven home in the past week or so on the 7.30 Report with Laura Tingle at the helm and on some other news outlets. Others are pretending there’s nothing to see here. Some accountability for some governments is long overdue.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Yeah but we won Origin..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:I had my booster today, Moderna. I went to the supermarket afterwards, and I can’t say I was surprised, I was expecting some empty shelves… and there they were. It really has been a massive public policy failure, particularly from the NSW and federal governments. Failures on top of failures. We have had the debacle of the vaccination roll out, the failure by NSW to act promptly to try to contain the Delta outbreak (we now know why that happened and who drove it).

Now with Omicron, we not only had governments being slow to act, but NSW actually accelerated the elimination of other public health measures (apart from vaccination)… just at the wrong time. The older population, largely left with no choice but to take AstraZeneca, found themselves left the least protected from vaccines. Other countries moved rapidly to boosters (or third dose, whichever you like). Again we’ve been slow, and have just made three months the benchmark for boosters (in SE Australia) when it was clear that was needed well before Christmas. Then there’s the testing debacle, and… oh, we didn’t order enough RATs. Again, the federal and other governments ignored the warnings given a long time beforehand. The modelling which suggested massive case numbers was scoffed at by the federal government. Guess what happened? 350 people or so have died in the past week. Omicron might be milder than Delta, and thankfully vaccines are helping, but it’s still clearly packing a punch. Hospitals under massive pressure.

And the economy? It’s tanking. Turns out you need a healthy workforce and confident consumers. As most economists knew all along. But which some politicians and short sighted business interests did not understand.

Good to see some truths driven home in the past week or so on the 7.30 Report with Laura Tingle at the helm and on some other news outlets. Others are pretending there’s nothing to see here. Some accountability for some governments is long overdue.
From what I've seen the polls indicate the Libs will be re-elected which I find ... interesting.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: January 20, 2022, 6:08 pm
greeneyed wrote:I had my booster today, Moderna. I went to the supermarket afterwards, and I can’t say I was surprised, I was expecting some empty shelves… and there they were. It really has been a massive public policy failure, particularly from the NSW and federal governments. Failures on top of failures. We have had the debacle of the vaccination roll out, the failure by NSW to act promptly to try to contain the Delta outbreak (we now know why that happened and who drove it).

From what I've seen the polls indicate the Libs will be re-elected which I find ... interesting.
If the libs get back in, the ALP should immediately disband and everyone can call it a day. We’ll start fresh with a new party.

No excuses here
You can hardly blame the Murdoch media, it’s not as if anyone alive is unaware of what is going on with covid and the issues that have come from it
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Coastalraider wrote: January 20, 2022, 3:50 pm It blows my mind that GE was so forceful of his opinions about the vaccine rollout in this thread last year it literally drove Doc Z away, and yet this absolute **** drivel continues day after day, almost unhindered.
Unhindered? Literally every link posted by 1992 is getting deleted and then some.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: January 20, 2022, 6:32 pm I’d have thought the polls would be worrying for the coalition:

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8879 ... 2201200425

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_p ... l_election
Yeah I would think it should be almost impossible to vote this government back in
But I’ve admittedly gotten to a point where the political point scoring and finger point on both sides by politicians and pundits alike has got me fairly disengaged with the election cycle

As far as im concerned, every federal and state politician should resign and let Australia elect new leaders who might be better equipped to lead.

I know I’m tarring them all with the same brush, but the federal government and its opposition have been extremely disappointing and I don’t think any of the state leaders have showered themselves in glory here, regardless of which side of the aisle they’ve been on

Morrison getting back in wouldn’t surprise me in the least because when push comes to shove I don’t know that Albo inspires many swing voters. And he shouldn’t have too, simply not being Morrison should be enough this election, but we’ll see
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

greeneyed wrote: January 20, 2022, 5:08 pm I had my booster today, Moderna.
How you feeling? After about 5 hours I then felt like I’d been hit by a truck, far worse than the Pfizer. Took a good 48 hours to subside
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:
greeneyed wrote: January 20, 2022, 6:32 pm I’d have thought the polls would be worrying for the coalition:

Yeah I would think it should be almost impossible to vote this government back in
But I’ve admittedly gotten to a point where the political point scoring and finger point on both sides by politicians and pundits alike has got me fairly disengaged with the election cycle

As far as im concerned, every federal and state politician should resign and let Australia elect new leaders who might be better equipped to lead.

I know I’m tarring them all with the same brush, but the federal government and its opposition have been extremely disappointing and I don’t think any of the state leaders have showered themselves in glory here, regardless of which side of the aisle they’ve been on

Morrison getting back in wouldn’t surprise me in the least because when push comes to shove I don’t know that Albo inspires many swing voters. And he shouldn’t have too, simply not being Morrison should be enough this election, but we’ll see
Agreed. It's a race to the bottom ATM.

I was basing my comment on Scomo being preferred PM in a poll I saw late last year. From memory he was about 20 percentage points ahead of Albo.
Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

GE, because booster eligibility has been brought forward to three months, will you be getting a booster in April?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finchy wrote: January 20, 2022, 6:47 pm
How you feeling? After about 5 hours I then felt like I’d been hit by a truck, far worse than the Pfizer. Took a good 48 hours to subside
Bit of a sore arm, nothing else so far.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

1992 wrote: January 20, 2022, 7:34 pm GE, because booster eligibility has been brought forward to three months, will you be getting a booster in April?
It depends on whether a booster/improved vaccine is recommended and timing for it. Just like the influenza vaccine which I get every year… which is designed to combat the latest strains… we may have better vaccines soon, designed for the latest COVID strains.
Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

Heads up, you forgot to delete my post and send me another PM.

Anyway, there is a new Omicron vaccine coming in March. You might get lucky.

God bless.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finchy wrote: January 20, 2022, 6:44 pm
Unhindered? Literally every link posted by 1992 is getting deleted and then some.
I haven’t deleted any links. Just misleading or unsubstantiated claims. I did add one to clarify one statement which was close to being correct.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: January 20, 2022, 7:24 pm
Botman wrote:

Agreed. It's a race to the bottom ATM.

I was basing my comment on Scomo being preferred PM in a poll I saw late last year. From memory he was about 20 percentage points ahead of Albo.
He’s not now, but Albanese is still behind (45-36). He’s pursuing a small target strategy, but any opposition leader worth their salt should be in front given the state of the nation. I guess there is often an incumbent advantage in these things... The trouble is, it’s virtually impossible these days for Labor to change leaders unless the incumbent stands down (most likely after losing an election). It’s the legacy Rudd left the party, because he was (not surprisingly) voted out by the caucus… and he dreamt up a way to reduce the power of the parliamentarians. It’s a bad system, particularly as it is so unwieldy.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

The Cronulla supporter will win again, waste of time, money and resources holding the **** election.

This place is woke.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Albanese will win.

It won’t be the landslide that many believe is commensurate with the performance of the incumbents, but he will get to at least 74 seats to win a minority.

If I was betting my house on it Id say a bare majority of 76 or 77.

Im 2019 there was a “vibe” that the LNP would lose but it wasn’t actually reflected on the ground on a seat by seat analysis.

There is a similar vibe now, except I believe it is arguably stronger and more tangible as people actually know who Morrison is now and lives are being affected by Covid and not just in an abstract political sense. Also back then he had no baggage and people viewed Shorten with antipathy.

But that vibe alone isn’t why ALP will finally win this one in a couple months, it is in the seat by seat analysis.
Up The Milk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

greeneyed wrote: January 20, 2022, 7:46 pm
Finchy wrote: January 20, 2022, 6:47 pm
Bit of a sore arm, nothing else so far.
Yeah, I had the Moderna booster too. Felt like a solid bruise on the arm, otherwise no other side effects.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.