Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: Coronavirus

Post by gerg »

My wife has wanted to go back to Korea for a while now, but we got hit last week with a 7k bill for our car. I think we'll go camping instead
Shoving it in your face since 2017
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Aren't those hospitality vouchers on the way? Korean BBQ.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gergreg wrote: October 21, 2021, 9:11 pm My wife has wanted to go back to Korea for a while now, but we got hit last week with a 7k bill for our car. I think we'll go camping instead Image
The minute borders open, I'm jumping a plane to Seoul.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Australia wide stats total showing all age groups 65 and above now double vaccinated at 80% or better.
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default ... r-2021.pdf
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

T_R wrote: October 22, 2021, 12:35 am
gergreg wrote: October 21, 2021, 9:11 pm My wife has wanted to go back to Korea for a while now, but we got hit last week with a 7k bill for our car. I think we'll go camping instead Image
The minute borders open, I'm jumping a plane to Seoul.
Bring me back something nice.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Hey all.

What’s the rules on masks outside ?

Yes/No.

For example..Can I walk from my car to the shops without a mask ? Then of course I put my mask on before entering. Then when leaving the shops can I remove my mask and return to my car ?

* double jabbed and keeping my required distance at all times.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Bit confusing Pj, Im just keeping a couple of pairs of old undies in the car and if i see heaps of masked bandits I just tie em round me melon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Question wrote: October 23, 2021, 7:47 am Bit confusing Pj, Im just keeping a couple of pairs of old undies in the car and if i see heaps of masked bandits I just tie em round me melon.

I’ll start doin that..
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Coronavirus

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

-PJ- wrote:Hey all.

Yes/No.

For example..Can I walk from my car to the shops without a mask ? Then of course I put my mask on before entering. Then when leaving the shops can I remove my mask and return to my car ?

I think Sooshi Mango summed it up perfectly

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CKD0oI5H9Eb/

**Edit** Have I done something wrong with the media code?!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: October 23, 2021, 9:51 am
-PJ- wrote:Hey all.

Yes/No.

I think Sooshi Mango summed it up perfectly

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CKD0oI5H9Eb/

**Edit** Have I done something wrong with the media code?!
I wee’d a little Fui…
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Their explanation of the Roadmap was on point also

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUCMp7_gemA/
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Pretty much sums it up.

This place is woke.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Of the 18 age group categories from age 12 to 95+ Australia wide, 9 are now double vaxxed at 80% or more. See page 6 in the link.
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default ... 2021_0.pdf
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra records 10 new cases of COVID-19, hits 90% vaccination for those aged 12+: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14264
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Bloody good job Canberra. Well done.

I was talking to my father who lives down there yesterday about the anomaly of act residents being able to travel to some parts of nsw and shop inside stores while act stores are click and collect. He mentioned that it had/would soon be opening up, and there would be no need fo vax passports because ‘Canberra had done such a good job’ they didn’t need it.

When I mentioned that on November 1 if the act still weren’t using passports in stores, all of the nsw unvaccinated population would be able to enter the act and start shopping unrestricted while still being unable to in nsw he was a little shocked..
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Great vax effort by ACT. The news from Victoria is grim with sadly 25 people reported as dying from Covid today and more than 1700 new cases reported.
https://www.google.com/search?q=victori ... e&ie=UTF-8
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Schifty wrote: August 22, 2021, 1:18 pm https://vaccineclock.tugzrida.xyz/act/

ACT projected to hit 80% if 16+ in 52 days for 2nd dose.
Back in August this person predicted ACT to hit 80% double dosed by October 13.

We did it October 18. That is freakishly close considering how optimistic it seemed at the time . Also ACT was reporting 12 and over and these predictions were 16+

Clearly this person has a time machine.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Australia's vax rollout continues with 11 of the 18 age groups 12 and above are now double vax at 80% or above. See page 6 of the link below. In the total of Age groups above the age of 30, now 70% and above are double vax.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Australia as a whole now 80% double vaccinated for those over the age of 16. Still some way to go in some States. For their people's sakes I hope the 80% level is reached as soon as possible. More than 50% showing as double vaxxed Australia wide in the 12-15 age group.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Re: Canberra Raiders won't terminate contracts of unvaccinated players

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

My vote for dealing with antivaxxers is to raise income tax by a couple of percentage points across the board to deal with hospitalisation and health services fees. I don't see any of these protesters ever acknowledging the burden they're putting on the rest of society - it would be great to make it black and white.
Akyle1994
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by Akyle1994 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: November 11, 2021, 7:57 am My vote for dealing with antivaxxers is to raise income tax by a couple of percentage points across the board to deal with hospitalisation and health services fees. I don't see any of these protesters ever acknowledging the burden they're putting on the rest of society - it would be great to make it black and white.
:clap: Second that
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: November 11, 2021, 7:57 am My vote for dealing with antivaxxers is to raise income tax by a couple of percentage points across the board to deal with hospitalisation and health services fees. I don't see any of these protesters ever acknowledging the burden they're putting on the rest of society - it would be great to make it black and white.
I dont think its fair to raise it on the vaccinated though.

More like have an extra 2 percent unvaccinated medicare levy on the unvaccinated.

Additionally, I would look at centrelink student / pension / family tax benefit / jobseeker - If you are not vaxxed just turn that off.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

papabear wrote: November 11, 2021, 9:10 am
I dont think its fair to raise it on the vaccinated though.

More like have an extra 2 percent unvaccinated medicare levy on the unvaccinated.

Additionally, I would look at centrelink student / pension / family tax benefit / jobseeker - If you are not vaxxed just turn that off.
It's a societal problem. If you chuck it all on the unvaxxed then they just become an underclass and their skewed world views will spread. Raising income tax could be seen as further villainising them but IMO it would be saying we're not going to take money from wider health, education and road safety to pay for your decision. I think you'd see the percentages head upwards and then you could do away with the tax is vaccination hits 95%+ or cases decline.

GST is another option but that's essentially already a poor persons tax so I see that leading to the same outcomes as targeted antivax taxation.

I don't believe in turning off benefits as you're then essentially hammering children for their parents ignorance.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

I am going to push back on the main beneficiaries of welfare being children.

In the main welfare benefits those who the money is paid, and the goods/services purchased by those funds.

Children are neither paid the money nor are the supplier of goods/services to the recipients.

The main costs of children are:-
- education
- food
- clothes
- activities
- space

For people reliant on welfare - childcare is almost free.

Food - in our country fortunately food remains cheap and there are always places that will keep kids fed. I would find it difficult to believe that turning off welfare to an anti vaxxer is going to see them starve their kids.

Clothes - well you have an argument here that some kids might not be in there new target range as quick as they would ordinarily be..

activities - maybe kids get taken out of the occasional sport or dance class, but I still dont see it happening en masse, most anti vaxxers would love their childrens well being more then they love being anti vaxx.

space - well presumably you are still going to have the same space as before...

I agree, that such a move could see an under class being created, but in reality people are moving up and down classes all the time in our great country based on the choices you make, hard work, luck and family wealth. If you make the choice to join this underclass then that is on you, but I do not want one cent of my monies supporting those who cant support the common good.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Akyle1994 wrote: November 11, 2021, 8:01 am
No thanks.

If you're proposing an "Unvaxxed Tax" as a means to shape or disincentive certain undesirable behaviours, whilst I don't agree with that policy proposal, that is one thing.

But if you need to increase funding for the hospital system to increase capacity, the government can do that without increasing taxes to "fund" the increase.
Up The Milk
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Mickey_Raider wrote: November 11, 2021, 3:09 pm
Akyle1994 wrote: November 11, 2021, 8:01 am
No thanks.

If you're proposing an "Unvaxxed Tax" as a means to shape or disincentive certain undesirable behaviours, whilst I don't agree with that policy proposal, that is one thing.

But if you need to increase funding for the hospital system to increase capacity, the government can do that without increasing taxes to "fund" the increase.
Where's the money coming from? Transparency about what is being defunded would also be great.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I just can’t fathom how many people there are out there who are willing to throw away an amazing, well-paying job that they’ve worked their entire life for over absolute pseudoscience nonsense.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Timbo wrote: November 11, 2021, 5:20 pm I just can’t fathom how many people there are out there who are willing to throw away an amazing, well-paying job that they’ve worked their entire life for over absolute pseudoscience nonsense.
There is no point having this discussion as GE just deletes anything that goes against the narrative lol
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

So we still have unvaxxed gronks wasting cap space at the Canberra Raiders.

This place is woke.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Raiders666 wrote: November 11, 2021, 5:43 pm
Timbo wrote: November 11, 2021, 5:20 pm I just can’t fathom how many people there are out there who are willing to throw away an amazing, well-paying job that they’ve worked their entire life for over absolute pseudoscience nonsense.
There is no point having this discussion as GE just deletes anything that goes against the narrative lol
we are all ears.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

papabear wrote: November 12, 2021, 8:02 am
Raiders666 wrote: November 11, 2021, 5:43 pm
we are all ears.
Haha I'm not getting drawn into this.. I'm double vaxxed but can fully understand someone being hesitant about getting it themselves.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Tbh I've stopped caring, I was very pro vax and pro AZ but now I'm meh

You don't want to get vaxxed, that's your issue, just don't complain.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

-TW- wrote: November 12, 2021, 10:00 am Tbh I've stopped caring, I was very pro vax and pro AZ but now I'm meh

You don't want to get vaxxed, that's your issue, just don't complain.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Pretty much...The mob mentality isn't working. You are better off educating rather than bullying people
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Err. The time for education is past. 7.36 billion doses world wide. If you can't figure it out by now you're not someone that is going to change your mind based on being educated further. From what I've seen the experience of you or someone close to you is going to be the only thing that shifts it, or work mandates.
Heading towards 94% fully vaccinated in NSW I'm also far less concerned that the hold outs are going to be an issue to me personally.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Id start rounding the ***** up and experimenting with different strains on them and non endorsed experimental drugs.

This place is woke.