Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: Coronavirus

Post by gerg »

The Doc was too 'pro' NSW wasn't he? Never to be seen again?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Walked out on his own volition.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Of where? The GH?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

This thread and more broadly until the 2022 season starts. I think.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Coastalraider wrote: October 13, 2021, 5:25 pm Now that the Doc got run out of town, and logical analysis has left, can we rename this thread the coronavirus haircut thread?
Your excessive deference to the Doc in this thread is weird and OTT.
Up The Milk
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Mickey_Raider wrote: October 14, 2021, 9:21 am
Coastalraider wrote: October 13, 2021, 5:25 pm Now that the Doc got run out of town, and logical analysis has left, can we rename this thread the coronavirus haircut thread?
Your excessive deference to the Doc in this thread is weird and OTT.
I guess my man crush is becoming obvious.

Ill try to pull it back a little in the future.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

NSW records 406 Covid-19 cases today. Hunter/New England has 103 of those cases..25%.

The Hunter/New England covers a massive land area but still this is concerning.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

-PJ- wrote: October 14, 2021, 11:17 am NSW records 406 Covid-19 cases today. Hunter/New England has 103 of those cases..25%.

How’s your vax rate up there now? Looks like Sydney will be arriving on your doorstep within 2 weeks.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Coastalraider wrote:
-PJ- wrote: October 14, 2021, 11:17 am NSW records 406 Covid-19 cases today. Hunter/New England has 103 of those cases..25%.

How’s your vax rate up there now? Looks like Sydney will be arriving on your doorstep within 2 weeks.
still too low cessnock and Maitland, some sites have us over 50% double some don't.

Boneyjr gets his 2nd pfizer tomorrow, bit wary as he collapsed/fainted day 5 after his 1st. Vertigo for 2 or 3 days.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

bonehead wrote: October 14, 2021, 1:02 pm
Coastalraider wrote:

still too low cessnock and Maitland, some sites have us over 50% double some don't.

Boneyjr gets his 2nd pfizer tomorrow, bit wary as he collapsed/fainted day 5 after his 1st. Vertigo for 2 or 3 days.

ooof. Thats no good. Hope he gets through round 2 without any issues.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

this from the local member

Edrick The Entertainer
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Tough day for the people of Victoria with 11 deceased and 2297 new cases all of which were locally acquired. Hopefully the trend line there will turn down soon.
https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vict ... id-19-data
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Just because I went off and "did my own research" about Israel's COVID response, I didn't want to waste what I put together from the now locked thread in the other forum area.

Raiders_Pat was stating as "fact" that the majority of Israel's hospitalised COVID patients are fully vaccinated. This is simply not true.

Here's a good article about what's going on there:
https://theconversation.com/israel-was- ... ere-166945

"The other big part of the problem has been Israel ending its restrictions. Dr Asher Salmon, director of the Department for International Relations at Israel’s ministry of health, suggested in July that Israel “may have lifted restrictions too early”."

The official Israel govt health website:
https://datadashboard.health.gov.il/COV ... m=referral

These charts confirm you're completely wrong with the stats you're throwing out there.

Israel's 17% Unvaccinated Now Account for 65% of All Serious COVID-19 Cases

"Despite breakthrough cases among the immunized with the rise of the delta variant, COVID-19 is increasingly becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated in Israel. Those that have yet to receive even one shot of a COVID vaccine are only 17 percent of the eligible population in Israel, but they currently represent 65 percent of all serious cases in the country.

According to Health Ministry data, the ratio of unvaccinated people among the severely ill has continued to rise as more people are inoculated against the virus. As of September 13, out of the 664 severely ill patients, 437 were completely unvaccinated and 168 had received two doses. Only 59 had received the booster shot. The ratios are similar when analyzing new infections.

When calculating per capita, the contrast is even more stark. For every serious case of an Israeli over 60 that had received the booster shot, there are 33 serious cases of unvaccinated Israelis in the same age group."

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/isr ... 1.10208784
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Strawman is wrong, that's a shame

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

hrundi89 wrote: October 15, 2021, 3:00 pm Just because I went off and "did my own research" about Israel's COVID response, I didn't want to waste what I put together from the now locked thread in the other forum area.

Raiders_Pat was stating as "fact" that the majority of Israel's hospitalised COVID patients are fully vaccinated. This is simply not true.

Here's a good article about what's going on there:
https://theconversation.com/israel-was- ... ere-166945

"The other big part of the problem has been Israel ending its restrictions. Dr Asher Salmon, director of the Department for International Relations at Israel’s ministry of health, suggested in July that Israel “may have lifted restrictions too early”."

The official Israel govt health website:
https://datadashboard.health.gov.il/COV ... m=referral

These charts confirm you're completely wrong with the stats you're throwing out there.

Israel's 17% Unvaccinated Now Account for 65% of All Serious COVID-19 Cases

"Despite breakthrough cases among the immunized with the rise of the delta variant, COVID-19 is increasingly becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated in Israel. Those that have yet to receive even one shot of a COVID vaccine are only 17 percent of the eligible population in Israel, but they currently represent 65 percent of all serious cases in the country.

According to Health Ministry data, the ratio of unvaccinated people among the severely ill has continued to rise as more people are inoculated against the virus. As of September 13, out of the 664 severely ill patients, 437 were completely unvaccinated and 168 had received two doses. Only 59 had received the booster shot. The ratios are similar when analyzing new infections.

When calculating per capita, the contrast is even more stark. For every serious case of an Israeli over 60 that had received the booster shot, there are 33 serious cases of unvaccinated Israelis in the same age group."

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/isr ... 1.10208784
Government websites? Official news publications?

No no no, when raiders_pat said do your own research he meant for you to listen to Joe Rogan scream nonsense and find random clips on YouTube.

Don't you know those are the only sources you can trust?
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The difference also with the Israeli approach was they came and and said ‘if we do another lockdown, we will go broke’. May but have been the perfect time from a Heath perspective, but that’s not the only perspective.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins

Post by hrundi89 »

They also effectively canned their check-in team/system. If they'd opened up but were regimented with continuing that (the way NSW is now doing) then it would have helped.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins

Post by hrundi89 »

Coastalraider wrote:

Has he had vertigo before?

My wife experienced vertigo about 8 days after he 2nd Pfizer dose but she has experienced vertigo before.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

hrundi89 wrote:
Coastalraider wrote:

Has he had vertigo before?

My wife experienced vertigo about 8 days after he 2nd Pfizer dose but she has experienced vertigo before.
no he hasn't, dr said his rate of growth added to his ligament condition that has a small effect on his heart plus the Vax probably explains it and to keep an eye on him.
2nd dose done today so will be on alert for the next week

Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I used to be pretty naive and advocate doing some of your own research, until it was pointed out to me that my idea of research comes from a science and technical background and my mate listens to Rogan.
We've started the reeducation program. Running out of eye drops though.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Hope the little guy's alright boney.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Wow that vaccination thread was really something was it? I mean even in it’s highly moderated state it’s a special thing…
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

thanks he'll be ok I'm sure, same as all parents just watching out for them.
How is Mrs Hrundi now further post 2nd dose?

Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

gangrenous wrote: October 15, 2021, 7:55 pm Wow that vaccination thread was really something was it? I mean even in it’s highly moderated state it’s a special thing…
It was one of the GH highlights this week. Came out of nowhere and delivered in spades.
The unedited version must only exist on the dark web now.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

zim wrote:
gangrenous wrote: October 15, 2021, 7:55 pm Wow that vaccination thread was really something was it? I mean even in it’s highly moderated state it’s a special thing…
It was one of the GH highlights this week. Came out of nowhere and delivered in spades.
The unedited version must only exist on the dark web now.
Love a good argument where the rebuttal is "do your research"

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Do your research TW. That’s not a good argument.
irvste
Sam Backo

Post by irvste »

gangrenous wrote:Wow that vaccination thread was really something was it? I mean even in it’s highly moderated state it’s a special thing…
U made me look now I feel like a dirty chook.. Oh deary me

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

irvste wrote: October 15, 2021, 9:47 pm
gangrenous wrote:Wow that vaccination thread was really something was it? I mean even in it’s highly moderated state it’s a special thing…
U made me look now I feel like a dirty chook.. Oh deary me

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Now I had to have a look at that thread.

It's given me so much despair I'm now off to eat Horse Paste.

Damn you gangrenous.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Schifty wrote:Damn you gangrenous.
My favourite sentence Image
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I don’t think I’ve been that angry in a while.

When someone is comparing their own pseudoscience nonsense to the systematic slaughter of a race of people and telling me I need to educate myself about the Holocaust so I can understand their point (I’ve been a modern history teacher at secondary and tertiary level for fifteen years), I could really feel the vein in my forehead start to throb.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

How on earth does one find the percent of people in the ACT who have received their first dose?

The federal government website is a bit useless and seems to give up and list us as ">95%". The ACT website seems to just have a single figure that only reports on the fully vaccinated percentage.

Where on Earth is this information? The ABC seems to be getting hold of it somehow, in their state-by-state breakdown.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

This is a good compilation of data: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... ases-today

Suspect we’re over 100 per cent first dose or will be soon. Probably reflecting the fact NSW residents have been vaccinated in the ACT or the population numbers are wrong or a combination of that.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

COVIDBaseAU is an easy quick glance page

https://m.covidbaseau.com/

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:This is a good compilation of data: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... ases-today

Suspect we’re over 100 per cent first dose or will be soon. Probably reflecting the fact NSW residents have been vaccinated in the ACT or the population numbers are wrong or a combination of that.
Population numbers would be wrong. It would be an estimate based off the last census

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

It seems they have underestimated the over 70s and over estimated the 20-24 group which makes sense with so many uni students not being able to come here.

We will end up with well over 95% vaccinated though.