Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mickey_Raider »

WA shall not be opening up February 5.
Up The Milk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Mickey_Raider wrote: January 20, 2022, 10:02 pm WA shall not be opening up February 5.
I just got off the phone to a fairly senior minister in the WA government. The first he knew of the decision was listening to the Premier's press conference. There was no discussion in the government as a whole over this decision.

What a complete and utter ****.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

T_R wrote:
Mickey_Raider wrote: January 20, 2022, 10:02 pm WA shall not be opening up February 5.
I just got off the phone to a fairly senior minister in the WA government. The first he knew of the decision was listening to the Premier's press conference. There was no discussion in the government as a whole over this decision.

That's amazing if true!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

100%green wrote: January 21, 2022, 8:45 pm
T_R wrote:

That's amazing if true!

I can assure you it's true.

No offence taken.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

The Premier of Western Australia is looking out for the health and safety of his people and this is the thanks he gets?
Typical.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

1992 wrote: January 21, 2022, 9:06 pm The Premier of Western Australia is looking out for the health and safety of his people and this is the thanks he gets?
Typical.
Mate, this is getting really boring. You're obviously going to be banned if you keep trolling the joint.

How about you say your piece, let everyone else say their's, and have a conversation like a normal person?

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

T_R wrote:
1992 wrote: January 21, 2022, 9:06 pm The Premier of Western Australia is looking out for the health and safety of his people and this is the thanks he gets?
Typical.
Mate, this is getting really boring. You're obviously going to be banned if you keep trolling the joint.

How about you say your piece, let everyone else say their's, and have a conversation like a normal person?
By his own admission 'normal' is perpetually 2 weeks away, so ...
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

EDIT

Anyway, some positive news.
Pfizer is ready to start jabbing kids under 5 from next month in the U.S.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... age-5.html
Last edited by greeneyed on January 21, 2022, 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Breach of forum guidelines on moderation.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

T_R wrote:
Typical.

Agreed.

Jason Croker

Re: Greek elections

Post by 1992 »

Greece is fining anyone over 60 on a monthly basis if they refuse the jab.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews ... ontext=amp
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

1992 wrote:Greece is fining anyone over 60 on a monthly basis if they refuse the jab.

Not sure what your point is here?

You are clearly trying to get a rise out of people judging by the threads you've posted in within the last hour.

A friendly warning, have a discussion, have a debate. Exchange ideas but knock off the trolling.

You can act like you aren't but we all know you are.

Don't come here to be a pain just have discussions it's not that hard.

Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

100%green wrote: January 21, 2022, 11:31 pm
1992 wrote:Greece is fining anyone over 60 on a monthly basis if they refuse the jab.

Not sure what your point is here?

You are clearly trying to get a rise out of people judging by the threads you've posted in within the last hour.

A friendly warning, have a discussion, have a debate. Exchange ideas but knock off the trolling.

You can act like you aren't but we all know you are.

Don't come here to be a pain just have discussions it's not that hard.

How is it trolling?
The Greek government is fining those over 60 who refuse to get the jab on a monthly basis. It is a fact.
Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

New Omicron subvariant. Scientists are worried.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... urope/amp/

For two years I have been saying it will never end. I have a feeling 2022 will be the year people start to believe me.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The scientists, and most everyone, have always agreed it won’t “end”, because viruses mutate. Many hope that COVID mutates into strains less contagious and virulent, but we don’t know and have no guarantee of that.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2021- ... /100672516
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

So essentially, 1992 has been in agreement with health officials since the beginning?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Coastalraider wrote: January 22, 2022, 8:13 am So essentially, 1992 has been in agreement with health officials since the beginning?
He’s been on the forefront of medical science since his first day of existence. ;)
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Botman wrote: January 22, 2022, 8:24 am
Coastalraider wrote: January 22, 2022, 8:13 am So essentially, 1992 has been in agreement with health officials since the beginning?
He’s been on the forefront of medical science since his first day of existence. ;)
Glad you jumped in here pig… I was hoping for a peer review of my analysis of the things I read in a forum. Now you have confirmed it for me, we can make it official. 1992 is in complete agreeance with health authorities regarding covid 19.
Last edited by Coastalraider on January 22, 2022, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Novavax approved by the TGA on Thursday. Some examples of people in the attached link who had bad reactions to their first vaccine. Others were advised by their Doctor not to have a vaccination, can have Novavax

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 59q4n.html
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

RedRaider wrote: January 22, 2022, 10:50 am Novavax approved by the TGA on Thursday. Some examples of people in the attached link who had bad reactions to their first vaccine. Others were advised by their Doctor not to have a vaccination, can have Novavax

What happens to those who want Novovax but were forced to get AZ/Pfizer/Moderna? Too bad so sad you’re already vaxxed even though it wears off every few weeks? Because apparently it can’t be used as a booster, so I guess only the pure-bloods can now get it
Last edited by Finchy on January 22, 2022, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

Even though I am Croatian I still think Novax Djokovic is a legend and a great pureblood. Hope he sues the Australian government.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

This article from Yale Medicine provides an easy to understand summary of the vaccines and the various studies about effectiveness and side effects.

Comparing the COVID-19 Vaccines: How Are They Different? https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid ... comparison
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

1992 wrote:Even though I am Croatian I still think Novax Djokovic is a legend and a great pureblood. Hope he sues the Australian government.
He's got the majority share / ownership of a biotech company so I'm not sure he is a pureblood like you.

An interesting bit of reading.

Djokovic bets on a COVID cure as he quests for tennis history: https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sport ... 022-01-19/

And then read this.

Tennis has a clean record on PEDs, and that appears to be no accident: https://www.espn.com.au/espn/otl/story/ ... o-accident
Shoving it in your face since 2017
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

1992 wrote:Even though I am Croatian I still think Novax Djokovic is a legend and a great pureblood. Hope he sues the Australian government.
Says it all really.

Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

Anyone who rejects the covid jab is a pureblood.
Best of luck to him in his business life.

Novax stood for what he believes, as do I.
This is the hill I die on.
Pureblood for life. 😎
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

*people claiming to be purebloods may or may not be actual purebloods.
Last edited by Coastalraider on January 22, 2022, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Coastalraider wrote: January 22, 2022, 1:11 pm *people claiming to be purebloods may or may not be an actual purebloods.
:lol:
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Finchy wrote: January 22, 2022, 11:27 am
RedRaider wrote: January 22, 2022, 10:50 am Novavax approved by the TGA on Thursday. Some examples of people in the attached link who had bad reactions to their first vaccine. Others were advised by their Doctor not to have a vaccination, can have Novavax

What happens to those who want Novovax but were forced to get AZ/Pfizer/Moderna? Too bad so sad you’re already vaxxed even though it wears off every few weeks? Because apparently it can’t be used as a booster, so I guess only the pure-bloods can now get it
Finchy, there are a range of people and conditions mentioned in the link for which Novavax can be used. It is not only anti=vaxers, who by definition, would not have this vaccine either.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

RedRaider wrote: January 22, 2022, 4:33 pm
Finchy wrote: January 22, 2022, 11:27 am

Finchy, there are a range of people and conditions mentioned in the link for which Novavax can be used. It is not only anti=vaxers, who by definition, would not have this vaccine either.
It doesn't really answer my question. If those who were forced to get AZ/Pfizer/Moderna, but want Novavax (once it's approved), can they get it? Or can only the unvaccinated or those that had a significant negative reactions to the others get it? Will they say "you're already double/triple vaxxed, you can't have it", even though the effectiveness of AZ/Pfizer/Moderna wears off after a few weeks? Or will anyone who wants it be able to get it whenever they want?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Finchy, see below on the TGA approval for Novavax.

https://www.tga.gov.au/media-release/tg ... -nuvaxovid
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

RedRaider wrote: January 22, 2022, 5:55 pm Finchy, see below on the TGA approval for Novavax.

So basically you can’t have it if you’ve already had something else. Otherwise it would be considered a booster, which it’s not approved for.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

So your telling me i have to inject myself every 3 months whilst in between doses having a case of the covids every now and then., for what seemed nothing worse than a cold, ok no worries here my vein i mean for fs lets get on with it hey.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Off on January 22, 2022, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Its boring now.

This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finchy wrote: January 22, 2022, 6:35 pm
RedRaider wrote: January 22, 2022, 5:55 pm Finchy, see below on the TGA approval for Novavax.

So basically you can’t have it if you’ve already had something else. Otherwise it would be considered a booster, which it’s not approved for.
Not yet, they haven’t done the studies to gain approval for that yet.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

One thing that has truely prevailed over the past couple of years is that dogs are more intelligent than humans.

This place is woke.
Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

Question wrote: January 22, 2022, 6:56 pm So your telling me i have to inject myself every 3 months whilst in between doses having a case of the covids every now and then., for what seemed nothing worse than a cold, ok no worries here my veinImageImage i mean for fs lets get on with it hey.

It's called science and for some reason in the 2020's no one is allowed to disagree.