Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Another stellar result today. Up to 87 infectious in the community.
Up The Milk
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Premier pleading to get vaccinated, get **** I say give me my 10 demerit point and 1000 in fines back from your sneaky **** cameras plus a couple of k and I'll think about it ****.
This place is woke.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Maybe you should learn to drive instead of blaming the cameras, chump

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Maybe you shuld get **** ****.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Do you leave your room?
This place is woke.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Yes, I'm a fully functioning member of society.. without any demerit points.

As I can drive.

Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 22, 2021, 7:48 am
Sterlk wrote:
Schifty wrote: July 21, 2021, 7:04 pm Registration for people aged 30-39 opened up for people in the ACT today and 5000 signed up in the first 24 hours.

Now I get to play the waiting game.
I got a rather unhelpful technical error message from the site when trying to sign up. It's either a tad broken at the moment, or they just hate me specifically.
I think that we all know the answer to that.

Watch your back, you obviously know too much
Massive queues to try speak to them on the phone, too. It's a bit rorted. ChooseCBR v2.0
Last edited by Sterlk on July 22, 2021, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

-TW- wrote: July 22, 2021, 5:53 pm Yes, I'm a fully functioning member of society.. without any demerit points.

As I can drive.

Good on you.
This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Two more deaths from Astra Zeneca, 48 year old woman and 44 year old man: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14329
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Question wrote: July 22, 2021, 5:48 pm Premier pleading to get vaccinated, get **** I say give me my 10 demerit point and 1000 in fines back from your sneaky **** cameras plus a couple of k and I'll think about it ****.
Maybe stop trying to Tinder while driving?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

4hrs down from 1st Pfizer shot, nothing to report.
I know my arm will be sore, she nailed the only muscle in my body - felt like she was using a 2" nail

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:Two more deaths from Astra Zeneca, 48 year old woman and 44 year old man: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14329
Terrible news. This is simply unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Another 136 cases today.

“ we must stick together”
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I wonder what Covid-19 expert Nicholas Man thinks of all this, it's been strangely peaceful around here recently. It seems we are screwed.

So annoyed about the vaccine rollout it's not funny.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I think we are unknowingly in the middle of a transmission period. I can’t see nsw getting to 0 in the next month or 2, but an influx of prizer in that time may mean we are destined never to actually reach zero again, and transition from this current reality of elimination strategy to vaccine aided reality if simply living with high case numbers and low hospitalisation rates.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Coastalraider wrote:I think we are unknowingly in the middle of a transmission period. I can’t see nsw getting to 0 in the next month or 2, but an influx of prizer in that time may mean we are destined never to actually reach zero again, and transition from this current reality of elimination strategy to vaccine aided reality if simply living with high case numbers and low hospitalisation rates.
We're all getting it at some point, or at getting exposed to it. At some point we need to welcome our new viral overlord, but we are a way off doing that safely.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah quite possibly, they sat on their arses and fidgeted around far too much when we had the relative calm of the last few months rather than getting more Pfizer in here, and now we are behind the 8-ball.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-PJ- wrote:Another 136 cases today.

“ we must stick together”
Spreading through workplaces and being bought back to large family groups. Unfortunately, the demographic that the outbreak is largely in are also those that work in essential jobs and industries - supplies, transport, health, and also live in large multi generational households. It really is a challenging situation, and would have been far easier to beat down if contained to the Eastern Suburbs.

They're going to have to come up with new strategies. Prioritising vaccines to those workers and their family is appropriate. Look at rapid, point of care testing that can be done every day before entering a workplace is another.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 23, 2021, 1:31 pm
Coastalraider wrote:I think we are unknowingly in the middle of a transmission period. I can’t see nsw getting to 0 in the next month or 2, but an influx of prizer in that time may mean we are destined never to actually reach zero again, and transition from this current reality of elimination strategy to vaccine aided reality if simply living with high case numbers and low hospitalisation rates.
We're all getting it at some point, or at getting exposed to it. At some point we need to welcome our new viral overlord, but we are a way off doing that safely.
Yeah I dont think wea re at that point now - more that Im not sure if we are actually going to clear this up in NSW before a permanent lockdown is so unpalatable that we move the timeline forward, and focus these new phizer arrivals at targeted areas. Realistically, we may still be in NSW lockdown in September at our current rate, if not longer. And there is no realistic timeline on this as we havent tried to stamp out a proper spread of Delta before. It may not be able to be stopped, out, just suppressed at its current rate. At some point we will need the economy to reignite. At some point we will have enough vaccines to let it run rampant and transition to a 'UK model' for want of a better term. Im wondering of the constant lockdown will force our hand.

Doc, has anyone globally with a serious Delta spread like NSW actually managed to eliminate it? Obviously previous cases and strategies are not working, I was wondering if anyone else had a model.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Not that I'm aware of, but then I don't think that any jurisdiction has got serious community outbreaks of any variant back to zero transmissions except Victoria and NSW.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

On the plus side, with the lack of barbers open my mullet is growing in nicely.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Let rhe beast of its chain, this lockdown **** is not living its existing, **** all that **** I'll deal with the consequences.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I'm going rogue.
Last edited by Off on July 23, 2021, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This place is woke.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Question wrote: July 23, 2021, 3:25 pm I'm going rougue.
I never knew you spoke Pigeon French.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

We we.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Azza wrote: July 23, 2021, 2:37 pm On the plus side, with the lack of barbers open my mullet is growing in nicely.
Luvs a good mullet
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

If covid was somehow enjoyable these ***** would tax it.
This place is woke.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

It's times like these I'm glad I live away from all the goo leaching out.
WorkChoice
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Transition period? Freudian slip? Image

I think you’re spot on. Pretty close to tipping into rooted and being prioritised for vaccines and the first city to let rip…
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:
Transition period? Freudian slip? Image

I think you’re spot on. Pretty close to tipping into rooted and being prioritised for vaccines and the first city to let rip…
State nationalism won't allow prioritisation
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I haven’t followed the news today. Was the declaration of a disaster linked to funding? Or might they be laying justification groundwork for vaccine prioritisation?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:I haven’t followed the news today. Was the declaration of a disaster linked to funding? Or might they be laying justification groundwork for vaccine prioritisation?
Vaccines. Denied at National Cabinet.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:I haven’t followed the news today. Was the declaration of a disaster linked to funding? Or might they be laying justification groundwork for vaccine prioritisation?
Essentially the spread is predominantly in South Western Sydney. It's occurring in essential workers which is why they are active in the community. They are spreading it in workplaces, and taking it home infecting the whole family, hence the numbers.

They want to target the vaccines to those workers, in those services, coming from those communities. They want additional vaccines to do it.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

gangrenous wrote: July 23, 2021, 9:30 pm I haven’t followed the news today. Was the declaration of a disaster linked to funding? Or might they be laying justification groundwork for vaccine prioritisation?
Yeah and a few more “green shoots”, whatever that means.

These idiots lost control weeks ago and arent close to regaining it.
Up The Milk
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 23, 2021, 9:38 pm
Essentially the spread is predominantly in South Western Sydney. It's occurring in essential workers which is why they are active in the community. They are spreading it in workplaces, and taking it home infecting the whole family, hence the numbers.

They want to target the vaccines to those workers, in those services, coming from those communities. They want additional vaccines to do it.
There were additional restrictions announced today on Blacktown and Cumberland, both of which aren’t SW Sydney. Cumberland is W and Blacktown is more like NW Sydney.
Up The Milk