Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: Coronavirus

Post by -TW- »

cat wrote:
Smurfette wrote: September 21, 2021, 4:43 pm Cat, the Guardian graphs use the government data you have referred to. There’s no spin; it’s analysis (which goes much further than counting tiny squares in the Department of Health publication).
I still prefer to use the info directly from the source

But thats just me, any journalist publication has spin, you can "analyse " things to prove your agenda
Wot? It's literally CSV files that have been converted into graphs

What **** spin is there

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

-TW- wrote:
cat wrote:
Smurfette wrote: September 21, 2021, 4:43 pm Cat, the Guardian graphs use the government data you have referred to. There’s no spin; it’s analysis (which goes much further than counting tiny squares in the Department of Health publication).

But thats just me, any journalist publication has spin, you can "analyse " things to prove your agenda

What **** spin is there

You just don’t get it T Dub. It’s the media! It’s the spin. It’s the vibe. It’s Mabo. You can’t trust the media, except for the media approved by the Gumint to spread the Gospel of Gladys.

A hard hitting question, is it still worth investing in face masks, or should I keep rocking my current reusable ones? I’ve seen some nice Raiders coloured ones, but I don’t want to chip in and get them if masks are on the way to being a thing of the past.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

If you want Raiders face masks just DM half our squad on Instagram as it doesn't seem like they believe masks are necessary
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
-TW- wrote:
cat wrote:

What **** spin is there

You just don’t get it T Dub. It’s the media! It’s the spin. It’s the vibe. It’s Mabo. You can’t trust the media, except for the media approved by the Gumint to spread the Gospel of Gladys.

A hard hitting question, is it still worth investing in face masks, or should I keep rocking my current reusable ones? I’ve seen some nice Raiders coloured ones, but I don’t want to chip in and get them if masks are on the way to being a thing of the past.
Going to be using them for years Fui. Can recommend the Raiders one from Mask Life. Very comfortable
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

papabear wrote:
gangrenous wrote: September 20, 2021, 9:15 pm
Finally apology accepted for being a jerk and baselessly assuming stuff about me… was big of you to apologise again.
how is the bottom line intended to be read?

If someone wrote that to you what would you think of that person?
It’s meant to be read as me being pissed off at cat and her hypocrisy. Sounds like you read it right.
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

Schifty wrote:If you want really good graphs follow Casey Briggs on Twitter.

ACT looks like hitting 90% first dose on September 30, about a week ago both ACT and NSW had October 3 projections. Population density obviously plays a big part but it also seems NSW at the anti vaxxer stage, be interesting to see what the LGA's around Sydney's rates are as it wouldn't be about a supply issue there.

It looks like ACT is still nowhere near hitting the antivax population yet as we've hit 80% first dose and then still accelerated.

The Surge Centre at AIS has clearly done the job it was set up for.
Over 70s are over 100% first dose in act

Imagine population count is out of date but not many antivax in that age group although I know of 2 that are

Internet generation related maybe? More aware of getting sick? Grew up knowing more about previous diseases maybe?

I'm only guessing but I'd imagine there will be a higher antivax % in the internet generations

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Dr Zaius wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
-TW- wrote:
cat wrote:

What **** spin is there

Going to be using them for years Fui. Can recommend the Raiders one from Mask Life. Very comfortable
They look good Doc. Mine are pretty thick and hard to breath when I’m working out. These ones might do the trick
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Raiders' masks are reversible, with the other side being black. They're really good for people with glasses, as they have the metal strip built in that secures around the top of your nose. Stops them fogging up.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It might be just me but I find the team wear masks super cringeworthy

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I know what you mean... I would only be comfortable to wear mine to the shops and the footy. Not for more formal situations. The best I have in terms of how they work though.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I just throw on my welding mask when shopping, like this 3M one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Spot on Layzell and Barr.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/stor ... m-regions/

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Question wrote:I just throw on my welding mask when shopping, like this 3M one.

Are those Whoopie Cushions?

Nickman's love of NSW
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

No those are real.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Nah there repacable filters also available in white, I am rocking pink at the mo.

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

One thing I really enjoy though with the mask wearing in the supermarkets is I can yell random obscenities and no one know where its coming from, the faces on the peeps that are doing there covid stealth like shopping cracks me up.

This place is woke.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

irvste wrote: September 21, 2021, 6:52 pm
Schifty wrote:If you want really good graphs follow Casey Briggs on Twitter.

ACT looks like hitting 90% first dose on September 30, about a week ago both ACT and NSW had October 3 projections. Population density obviously plays a big part but it also seems NSW at the anti vaxxer stage, be interesting to see what the LGA's around Sydney's rates are as it wouldn't be about a supply issue there.

It looks like ACT is still nowhere near hitting the antivax population yet as we've hit 80% first dose and then still accelerated.

The Surge Centre at AIS has clearly done the job it was set up for.
Over 70s are over 100% first dose in act

Imagine population count is out of date but not many antivax in that age group although I know of 2 that are

Internet generation related maybe? More aware of getting sick? Grew up knowing more about previous diseases maybe?

I'm only guessing but I'd imagine there will be a higher antivax % in the internet generations

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Getting the over 70s in Canberra is easy, there’s only 5-6 of them left. The rest are done the south coast already.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Australia's first dose total has gone past 25million in part due to the 200,000 in the 12-15 age group who have had a first vaccination up to yesterday. Of some concern was a comment by Dan Andrews late last week and said again by NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard today talking about possible vaccine supply issues. Nothing public from the Feds that I have seen so far. No specifics from either politician to identify if they were talking about Pfizer or Moderna or both.
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default ... r-2021.pdf
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:The Raiders' masks are reversible, with the other side being black. They're really good for people with glasses, as they have the metal strip built in that secures around the top of your nose. Stops them fogging up.
I bought a few plain black ones from them
Same design, very comfortable. Highly recommend.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 21, 2021, 9:38 pm
greeneyed wrote:The Raiders' masks are reversible, with the other side being black. They're really good for people with glasses, as they have the metal strip built in that secures around the top of your nose. Stops them fogging up.
I bought a few plain black ones from them
Same design, very comfortable. Highly recommend.
Thanks. Just bought some.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

irvste wrote: September 21, 2021, 6:52 pm

If you look at QAnon, I believe it's more often the older generation that falls for Internet Bull.

Internet natives are supposedly better at filtering out the garbage, because there's so much of it, whereas the older folk may be more likely to inherently trust what they see because they're from the era of published books and mainstream news casts, where most of the lies have already been filtered out and never reach them in the first place.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Coronavirus

Post by gangrenous »

Think we might have to change that last sentence to past tense now sterlk. Certainly some sizeable mainstream news casts that don’t filter lies these days.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

I meant the media from that era. It's a bit different these days.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Not sure NSW hitting into antivax territory just yet, still very low numbers in some large LGA's due to lack of availability.

Again yesterday my wife who works in aged/disability care was helping a client book a Vax and earliest they could get was 5th November.

A lot of the GP's won't take bookings from outside their existing patient lists and we also found that whilst they show available slots when you book in you get an email saying cancellation

Edrick The Entertainer
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I Agree boney, I know here on the CC there is a feeling amongst many that 'we had phizer, then you took it to Sydney' and people dont either want to get AZ, or travel to Sydney to get phizer, hence the delay.

I dont agree with either of those points personally, but can appreciate its a reality for many, and seeing the low rates in certain section of the Hunter I can only assume similar issues up there.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Melbourne just hit by an earthquake maybe that will slow the violent protests down...
Vaccinated
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Coastalraider wrote:I Agree boney, I know here on the CC there is a feeling amongst many that 'we had phizer, then you took it to Sydney' and people dont either want to get AZ, or travel to Sydney to get phizer, hence the delay.

I dont agree with either of those points personally, but can appreciate its a reality for many, and seeing the low rates in certain section of the Hunter I can only assume similar issues up there.
yep agreed mate, I see it on all my local socials pages.

I get that people from the Hunter shouldn't have to travel to Sydney for a Pfizer shot, Belmont mass Vax is already all but an hour.

Overwhelming sentiment is AZ hell no.

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

cat wrote: September 22, 2021, 9:56 am Melbourne just hit by an earthquake maybe that will slow the violent protests down...
The lengths ScoMo will go to try and get attention off himself

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Covid positives on the rise in Hunter.
45 fresh cases, total now 521.

19 of those 45 are in LakMac including 2 in my suburb Woodrising.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: September 22, 2021, 11:16 am
cat wrote: September 22, 2021, 9:56 am Melbourne just hit by an earthquake maybe that will slow the violent protests down...
The lengths ScoMo will go to try and get attention off himself
ScoMo can’t catch a break.

Didn’t he sneak off on holiday during the recent bushfires ?

And now he flies to the 🇺🇸 and a quake strikes Vic.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

81.1% first dose in the act

Based on bookings will exceed 95% double dose

papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

gangrenous wrote: September 21, 2021, 6:50 pm
papabear wrote:
Finally apology accepted for being a jerk and baselessly assuming stuff about me… was big of you to apologise again.

It’s meant to be read as me being pissed off at cat and her hypocrisy. Sounds like you read it right.
What and how you write stuff reflects more on you then the person you are having a crack at.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

papabear wrote:
papabear wrote:

What and how you write stuff reflects more on you then the person you are having a crack at.
That’s fine. I’m at peace with being a jerk. The question is: is cat?

Because I’m noticing that you’re focussing on my tone and manner, not so much substance to refute what I said.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

gangrenous wrote: September 22, 2021, 7:11 pm
papabear wrote:
papabear wrote:

That’s fine. I’m at peace with being a jerk. The question is: is cat?

Because I’m noticing that you’re focussing on my tone and manner, not so much substance to refute what I said.
When I read the discussion that last sentence jumped out.

and was imo disappointing - hence why I posted about that.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Well I’m sorry I disappointed you. But there’s only so much I can take of people stating numerous falsehoods as facts and then hounding others over one perceived inaccuracy and then making assumptions about me rather than responding to what I said before I get cranky.

But yeah, one snappish sentence from me was the problem in this exchange.