The Politics Thread 2021

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: The Politics Thread 2021

Post by Seiffert82 »

I still can't believe Trump got over 73 million votes and would have been returned to power if not for the pandemic fully exposing his ineptitude. By the time the vaccine is fully rolled out, they are on track to have near a million die from COVID if the mortality rate holds true. Unfortunately most of them won't be under his watch. The damage is already done.

I'm not convinced he'll find his way back into politics. He will be 78 by the next election. He'll also be a very busy man fighting off legal challenges to stay out of jail. Even the Deutsche and Signature Banks have jumped the sinking ship.

While he is still obviously incredibly popular in America, his core supporter base is clearly the less educated, rural electorate in middle America - not really where his profit-making business lies. His brand is based in the big cities like New York, Washington DC, Chicago, even Palm Beach, where his reputation is now trash. What impact will that have on his personal wealth? It can't be positive.

Would a guy like narcissist like Trump risk losing the popular vote in 3 presidential elections?
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Simpson's quote of the dayImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Time to claim my winnings, about a month ago had an American online bet me $50 that Trump would still be president on the 21st, tried to claim it on the 6th but he was still holding out until inauguration. I told him i don’t want the money so given him a list of three American charities to choose from, wonder which will trigger a Trump supporter least, planned parenthood, national centre for transgender equality or atheist community of Austin :D

Edit:He’s sent me a receipt for payment to surprisingly National Center for transgender equality.
Last edited by Manbush on January 21, 2021, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It's been a great night and morning. Had the alarm on for the inauguration. Saw Trump leave also... yes, he actually had "My Way" playing on the tarmac as the plane took to the sky. What an absolute ...

Biden's speech didn't include great moments, it wasn't great oratory... but it was pretty much just right, given the things that have happened. He's no doubt imperfect, but he has genuine good intentions, basic decency and concern for people.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

As a fan of "Hamilton" I did enjoy these.

Let's not forget he said this too...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Live now. Apparently Trump is livid about the strength of the line up.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

New Radicals missed the cut! That's one of my all time favourite songs. Apparently screened earlier during the "virtual parade". :(

One amazing fireworks display at the end.

It's been a fairly good day for the world, all things considered.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

I keep hearing from the commentators that Biden isn't perfect. Obviously nobody is perfect, but I am yet to hear why this continues to be said.

Biden is old, but with that age he also seems to be quite progressive in his mandate. He's called out systemic national racism. He's also identified climate change as a huge issue for the USA to engage with on the global stage. He has explicitly named those two things in the midst of a pandemic that has almost (literally) decimated a country, who now have over 7% of their population known to be infected by the virus.

Trump was fortunate to preside during a period of global economic recovery post GFC. In doing so, he unwound global trade agreements that protected some sectors of their American workforce, but has inherently increased costs on other sectors. On the whole, as a result Americans are now paying more for imported goods.

Biden does not have to deal with a major military conflict, but he has to respond to a US led global trade war; a pandemic situation that has crippled both their healthcare system and their economy; a world on the verge of environmental collapse due to climate change; and domestic race relations as bad as it has been since the civil rights movement of the 1950's.

Nobody is perfect, but the bloke has a huge job on his hands. If he can address half of those issues in this first term he's a miracle worker.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote: January 21, 2021, 1:48 pm Hahahaha, brilliant...

Proud Boys turn on Donald Trump calling him a ‘total failure’
Love it, also read similar about one of the main QAnon dudes as well, could we be seeing the death of both of those cancers.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Where are you reading about the QAnon "dude", Manbush? Why don't you ever provide sources without being prompted?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Nickman wrote: January 21, 2021, 1:48 pm Hahahaha, brilliant...

Proud Boys turn on Donald Trump calling him a ‘total failure’
What a bunch of pissant douche nozzles.

“You show up there in Biden gear and you turn his inauguration into a f***ing circus, a sign of resistance, a sign of revolution.”

Nek minit

The Proud Boys posted on Telegram last week they welcomed the Biden administration.

“At least the incoming administration is honest about their intentions,” the update said.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Just bizarre really

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, I genuinely have no idea what's going on anymore.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote: January 21, 2021, 2:04 pm Where are you reading about the QAnon "dude", Manbush? Why don't you ever provide sources without being prompted?

Just for you

https://www.vice.com/en/article/akdy7e/ ... yYa6mOfhJ0
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Time to point out the obvious correlation between the COVID infection rates of the 10 worst effected states (per the www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ site) and the final election results. The 11 least infected states all voted for Biden.

It's still hard to comprehend how many people over there have had the virus when only about 0.1% of the population in Australia has been infected.

North Dakota 12.6% infected, Trump won with 65.5% of vote
South Dakota 12.0% infected, Trump won with 61.8% of vote
Utah 10.2% infected, Trump won with 58.2% of vote
Rhode Island 10.2% infected, Biden won with 59.7% of vote
Tennessee 10.2% infected, Trump won with 60.7% of vote
Iowa 9.8% infected, Trump won with 53.2% of vote
Arizona 9.5% infected, Biden won with 49.4% of vote
Nebraska 9.4% infected, Trump won with 58.5% of vote
Arkansas 9.1% infected, Trump won with 62.4% of vote
Kansas 9.1% infected, Trump won with 56.2% of vote
Last edited by Seiffert82 on January 21, 2021, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Manbush wrote: January 21, 2021, 2:17 pm
The Nickman wrote: January 21, 2021, 2:04 pm Where are you reading about the QAnon "dude", Manbush? Why don't you ever provide sources without being prompted?
Just for you

https://www.vice.com/en/article/akdy7e/ ... yYa6mOfhJ0
Thanks for that, it's much nicer when you provide sources to what you read, so we can all play along.

I wonder what these guys are playing at? Whether they're truly giving up the fight or whether it's a plot to go to ground for a bit.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The QAnon guy did mention a new project coming up.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Manbush wrote: January 21, 2021, 2:44 pm The QAnon guy did mention a new project coming up.
Hahaha yeah, I saw that... did you read this one? Some of these conspiracy nuts' reactions are priceless!

Trump Fails to Ascend as God Emperor, Leaving Diehard Fans Adrift
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dr Zaius wrote:This is genius: https://bernie-sits.herokuapp.com
Only 50 days to goImage

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-TW- wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:This is genius: https://bernie-sits.herokuapp.com
Only 50 days to goImage

Bahahahaha
Image Image Image Image
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

What the **** is this QAnon group? I fail to understand why such idiots get any level of media attention.

Where's the quotes from the Illuminati?
Last edited by Seiffert82 on January 23, 2021, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

By the way, massive surprise that the inauguration was conducted with zero hiccups or interruptions.

The revolution was over the moment the FBI arrested the handful of people willing to put themselves in jail to protest in the name of a lies and deceit. Bunch of muppets.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

So according to the QAnon nutters, everyone at the inauguration was supposed to be rounded up, shipped to Guantanamo and executed
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Are these largely anonymous morons with internet accounts?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Seiffert82 wrote:Are these largely anonymous morons with internet accounts?
Mostly. Q chat rooms etc. But some Facebook/Instagram pages eg Pete Evans Fanbois
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Dr Zaius wrote: January 23, 2021, 1:21 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:Are these largely anonymous morons with internet accounts?
Mostly. Q chat rooms etc. But some Facebook/Instagram pages eg Pete Evans Fanbois
Dear me.

It amazes me who gets media airtime these days.

I've heard the term, but finally had to look it up. Now, far be it for me to doubt what's written on Wikipedia...but...it tells me that QAnon are promoting a conspiracy theory alleging that a secret cabal of Satan-worshipping, cannibalistic pedophiles is running a global child sex-trafficking ring and plotting against former U.S. president Donald Trump, who has been fighting the cabal.

Really? I mean, what the hell! :lol:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You haven’t heard all about Q S82?

That’s quite a big rock you live under. But it’s a hell of a lot nicer than living in a world where this is a thing... got any space under your rock for me?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

gangrenous wrote: January 23, 2021, 6:41 pm You haven’t heard all about Q S82?

That’s quite a big rock you live under. But it’s a hell of a lot nicer than living in a world where this is a thing... got any space under your rock for me?
I've heard of them in passing and have read bits and pieces in the media, but I must admit when I heard they were some sort of conspiracy theorist activist group my interest dropped off a cliff.

I still have absolutely no idea how idiots like these guys get any attention. It's one of the worst things about the internet.

How they had any influence on the US presidential election is utterly beyond me. It just demonstrates how ******-up that country is right now. It's appalling. :lol:
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Seiffert82 wrote:

I've heard of them in passing and have read bits and pieces in the media, but I must admit when I heard they were some sort of conspiracy theorist activist group my interest dropped off a cliff.

I still have absolutely no idea how idiots like these guys get any attention. It's one of the worst things about the internet.

How they had any influence on the US presidential election is utterly beyond me. It just demonstrates how ******-up that country is right now. It's appalling. Image
It started with Pizza Gate before the last election. They were convinced that the Clinton's were keeping children in the basement of a Pizza Shop in DC.

Some Einstein drove half way across the country, armed up and demanded that the pizza shop release the children. Unfortunately, the pizza shop didn't have a basement.

In Australia, the Melbourne lockdown was so that the children could be moved out of the tunnels under the city. I could never work out if it was the goodies or the baddies moving the children.

In all of it, Trump was the saviour who would liberate the children.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Dr Zaius wrote: January 23, 2021, 10:03 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:

How they had any influence on the US presidential election is utterly beyond me. It just demonstrates how ******-up that country is right now. It's appalling. Image
It started with Pizza Gate before the last election. They were convinced that the Clinton's were keeping children in the basement of a Pizza Shop in DC.

Some Einstein drove half way across the country, armed up and demanded that the pizza shop release the children. Unfortunately, the pizza shop didn't have a basement.

In Australia, the Melbourne lockdown was so that the children could be moved out of the tunnels under the city. I could never work out if it was the goodies or the baddies moving the children.

In all of it, Trump was the saviour who would liberate the children.
:lol: It appears I have been living under a rock.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Pfft all those ridiculing QAnon will have egg on their faces when their next prediction comes true, Trump will be sworn in as president in March!

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88akpx/ ... hOQF5CfNBQ
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Seiffert82 wrote: January 24, 2021, 6:42 am
:lol: It appears I have been living under a rock.
Doc left out the part where the bad guys were all a part of a Satanist, global cabal made up purely of Democrats and others on the left who were running a child pedophile ring and also farming them for their pineal glands, they’d name random celebrities such as Tom Hanks a being part of it.

There are some levels of stupidity which become truly impressive for the levels they reach, QAnon outshined them all.