The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: The Television Thread

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I would recommend to try the 3rd ep at least. The first couple were a bit out there. I think it was the 3rd ep where you start seeing what’s actually going on, and the show takes a turn.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 22, 2021, 5:29 pm
Intrigued by you saying you’ve been getting back into comics. I’ve been contemplating it, thinking I could read them on the commute to work.
Marvel unlimited is great, i got it on sale for like $70 for a years subscription and it has basically every comic marvel have ever released, and new comics come on it 6 months after release. So if you're like me, you can just jump in and start reading some comics and you'll never run out of material

I just a really cool series about Thanos.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: April 22, 2021, 6:07 pm Tuning in to Lego masters has been pretty good.
Our family are BIG on lego masters, not sure the age of yours but my kids at 7 and 5 respectively and we binge watch them in the arvos or on weekends with the kids and some popcorn. Super fun show.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:
Intrigued by you saying you’ve been getting back into comics. I’ve been contemplating it, thinking I could read them on the commute to work.
Marvel unlimited is great, i got it on sale for like $70 for a years subscription and it has basically every comic marvel have ever released, and new comics come on it 6 months after release. So if you're like me, you can just jump in and start reading some comics and you'll never run out of material

Check out Planet hulk. Wonderful little series.

I was formerly a wolverine collector. Got about 7 boxes worth somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:
gergreg wrote: April 22, 2021, 6:07 pm Tuning in to Lego masters has been pretty good.
Our family are BIG on lego masters, not sure the age of yours but my kids at 7 and 5 respectively and we binge watch them in the arvos or on weekends with the kids and some popcorn. Super fun show.
Yeah same ages. They love the idea of the show but would rather build their own Lego, or play outside than watch other people build. Of course they do love the final results.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: April 22, 2021, 8:20 pm
Botman wrote:

Check out Planet hulk. Wonderful little series.

I was formerly a wolverine collector. Got about 7 boxes worth somewhere.

How very strange
Planet Hulk was my gateway drug! :lol:
My wife and i were on a date day/night and we walked into the comic shop at Civic to find a pokemon book for my son and i drunkly purchased planet hulk and the latest secret wars...
and now im in

Very keen to get my hands on world war hulk to see the conclusion of planet hulk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: April 22, 2021, 8:23 pm
Botman wrote:
Yeah same ages. They love the idea of the show but would rather build their own Lego, or play outside than watch other people build. Of course they do love the final results.

My girl is happy watching **** and being ok with it, but my boy is just hurting to go and do his own thing after watching an ep.
Just really good, fun family tv. Great show.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Falcon and the Winter Soldier finale fell a little flat for me
Thought the season overall was very good though
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah I didn’t mind it. There were no surprises and your predictions from a few days back were bang on.

I’m liking Captain Falcon. The fight choreography with the shield and wings was amazing. A lot of potential there.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Is anyone else watching Cobra Kai? I spent last weekend binging the Daniel LaRusso Karate Kids in prep, and have just gone to town on this series.

It’s so good. It’s cheesy, but I think they’ve been able to catch that Karate Kid magic. Johnny just steals the show.

Nickman's love of NSW
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Loved the Lego Masters finale. Always great to have Brickman blubbering with emotion. Such a knockout formula with this show.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: May 17, 2021, 9:07 pm Loved the Lego Masters finale. Always great to have Brickman blubbering with emotion. Such a knockout formula with this show.
Great show
we're a few eps behind, because we watch it on the weekend with the kids

Havent seen who won but i reckon i know who it will be, one of these teams is a step above the others :lol:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:
gergreg wrote: May 17, 2021, 9:07 pm Loved the Lego Masters finale. Always great to have Brickman blubbering with emotion. Such a knockout formula with this show.
Great show

Havent seen who won but i reckon i know who it will be, one of these teams is a step above the others Image
In previous seasons it looked as though the teams were made up of people that knew each other but this year doesn't look that way. I wonder if they just recruited the best Lego builders and put teams together. The team dynamic seemed different this year?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: May 19, 2021, 8:46 pm
Botman wrote:
Great show

Havent seen who won but i reckon i know who it will be, one of these teams is a step above the others Image
In previous seasons it looked as though the teams were made up of people that knew each other but this year doesn't look that way. I wonder if they just recruited the best Lego builders and put teams together. The team dynamic seemed different this year?
interesting. I didnt get that vibe at all. I think the super team might have come together in an expo or something... but all the others pairs seems to really intuatively understand their partner and their struggles and how to pick them up for me to believe they're smashed together teams
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Watched “Grand Army” on Netflix over the past couple of days. I’d tried it once before, but the opening was somehow not appealing. Very glad I stuck through it. Ambiguous and thought provoking sometimes, difficult to watch at times, obvious at other times. Worth watching.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Watched Ep 1 of Loki. Dang, I think this is going to be the best Marvel series so far

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 12, 2021, 8:16 am Watched Ep 1 of Loki. Dang, I think this is going to be the best Marvel series so far
Just watched Ep 2.
This is easily the best marvel tv show they've produced

VERY interested to see how and where it goes from here
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 12, 2021, 8:16 am Watched Ep 1 of Loki. Dang, I think this is going to be the best Marvel series so far
Just watched Ep 2.

Haven’t seen ep 2 yet, but my early theory is the 2012 Loki in Ep 1 will escape and create another multiverse, becoming the evil Loki.

Also I don’t think the TVA is going to survive. I can see Loki destroying the whole thing, which then sets the scenes for Dr Strange and Spiderman, as they explore multiverses

Nickman's love of NSW
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Watched Ready player one on Netflix the other night. It finishes on Netflix in just over a week. I thought it was pretty good actually. Some good, fun action scenes and nostalgia in parts.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:
Just watched Ep 2.

Have you seen Ep3? Need your thoughts. Did it look to you that Loki reversed time on that falling building in the end?

I’m wondering if he pocketed a Time Stone in ep 1

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 25, 2021, 6:44 pm
Botman wrote:
Just watched Ep 2.

Have you seen Ep3? Need your thoughts. Did it look to you that Loki reversed time on that falling building in the end?

I did watch it but i was actually only half engaged because the kids were up in my business
Im going to actually rewatch ep 3 now and will come back with thoughts!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: June 25, 2021, 6:44 pm
Botman wrote:
Just watched Ep 2.

I did watch it but i was actually only half engaged because the kids were up in my business
Im going to actually rewatch ep 3 now and will come back with thoughts!
Awesome, I’m also convinced Mobius was a former Jet Ski salesmen after this ep

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

LOKI SPOILERS --- DONT READ UNLESS YOU'RE AT EP3

Just finished... definitely looked like he reversed time on the building, none of his powers really correlate with what he did there, so yeah i think you're right.

IM very interested in Mobius now the revelation that the TVA workers are all variants too, i think he's going to end up turng on the TVA too open up the multiverse...

Hope he gets to ride a jet ski... i rode one around Bora Bora on my holiday... absolutely fried in the sun, worse sun burn of my life, the spray of the water stripped the sunscreen clean off... but my god, what an experience. I can appreciate Mobius's love for them
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

—FOLLOW UP LOKI EP 3 SPOILERS—

Yeah I’ve read people saying it was him using his telekinesis, but that building looks like it rewinds. It has to be.

I’m also curious the comment Sylvie drops “They’re variants, just like us.” So… how many other Loki’s have there been? Is it just constant Loki’s, and Mobius is just chasing them all?

Reddit has been a crack up. They’re speculating on which ep will we hear Owen Wilson drop a “Wow”. I hope the dude gets a JetSki. I’m yet to ride one, on the bucket list

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I haven't watched a single episode of the reboot of Big Brother until today. The replay at lunch time was pretty engrossing. And then tonight. Was sorry for the guy who got evicted tonight. He was prepared to tell anyone whatever... but I sort of liked him.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Anyone still watching the Blacklist?
I watched it a lot early in its first 3 seasons, then went off it... but when it came back on netflix i started binge watching because i love james spader and caught up

I've really enjoyed it and there is a lot of theories to throw around
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:Anyone still watching the Blacklist?
I watched it a lot early in its first 3 seasons, then went off it... but when it came back on netflix i started binge watching because i love james spader and caught up

I haven’t started, but it’s on my list to watch. I love Spader also. Bit of a latecomer to him. Huge Robert California fan.

Nickman's love of NSW
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Botman wrote:Anyone still watching the Blacklist?

Not for 12 months or so, but had watched all episodes at that point
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I would recommend finishing it off.... i can see why some find it frustrating in not getting the answers they've been teasing for 8 **** seasons but it's still a good fun show
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The greatest TV show is back! Just finished Love Island UK Season 7 Episode 1! Daily episodes from here.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

One hell of a Love Island cliff hanger! Thankfully, the next episode has dropped.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

greeneyed wrote: July 7, 2021, 9:07 pm One hell of a Love Island cliff hanger! Thankfully, the next episode has dropped.
You sicken me.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Amazing re-coupling episode tonight in Love Island UK!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Trying to find a new show to watch. Just got up to date with Lucifer. Wasn’t too bad.

Finally getting around to watching Vikings. Started season 2. I think it has potential, but so far it feels a little… softer than I thought it would be. I don’t know, I was expecting more intensity. Kind of Game of Thrones, without the magic and dragons

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

So 2 eps away from finishing Season 3 of Vikings, and we’re giving up. Thought it wasn’t well written, a lot of focus spent on meaningless moments. Not a lot of focus of the intentions of characters and rationale behind their decisions.

Going to give Blacklist a go now

Nickman's love of NSW