Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: The Television Thread

Post by Botman »

Interested to hear what you think of it. It' a very fun show imo
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm watching The White Lotus on Foxtel. It's pretty quirky, the humour is a little dark, and it's building nicely.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

MrsPJ and I have just watched the 3rd and final season of Mr Inbetween.

We really enjoyed it.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

The Television Thread

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Botman wrote:Interested to hear what you think of it. It' a very fun show imo
We just watched The Soupmaker in Season 1. Loving it so far. I’ve been a fan of Spader since he played Robert California on The Office.

We realised with 8 seasons of 22 eps, it’s going to be a Supernatural level slog
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 3, 2021, 5:56 pm
Botman wrote:Interested to hear what you think of it. It' a very fun show imo
We just watched The Soupmaker in Season 1. Loving it so far. I’ve been a fan of Spader since he played Robert California on The Office.

We realised with 8 seasons of 22 eps, it’s going to be a Supernatural level slog
He’s awesome
It’s gets pretty weird and sometimes hard to follow the Red - Lizzy connection but you just gotta trust that in the end it’ll all make sense
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Sounds intriguing. Does it stay as this episodic, crime of the week style show, or does a greater arc end up forming?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 3, 2021, 6:37 pm Sounds intriguing. Does it stay as this episodic, crime of the week style show, or does a greater arc end up forming?
Honestly it sort of toggles a bit... there is a constant arc hovering above it that is always moving forward and each season there is 1-2 points where they ramp up that arc for a good 4-5 eps and progresses that quite rapidly, and then it concludes in some annoyingly vague and somewhat unsatisfying way because they never give you the answer you seek, and it settles back into the villian of the week stuff and that arc just keeps moving along at a slow boil

It's much easier to follow as a binge watch, rather than week to week, ill say that.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 3, 2021, 6:37 pm Sounds intriguing. Does it stay as this episodic, crime of the week style show, or does a greater arc end up forming?
Honestly it sort of toggles a bit... there is a constant arc hovering above it that is always moving forward and each season there is 1-2 points where they ramp up that arc for a good 4-5 eps and progresses that quite rapidly, and then it concludes in some annoyingly vague and somewhat unsatisfying way because they never give you the answer you seek, and it settles back into the villian of the week stuff and that arc just keeps moving along at a slow boil

It's much easier to follow as a binge watch, rather than week to week, ill say that.
1st season in the can. Where has this show been all my life?!

I can’t make out what the connection is between Red and Lizzie. It’s too obvious to be father / daughter

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 13, 2021, 5:56 pm
Botman wrote:

1st season in the can. Where has this show been all my life?!

I can’t make out what the connection is between Red and Lizzie. It’s too obvious to be father / daughter
You're in for quite a ride, my friend
I reckon i changed my mind on their situation about 7-8 times along the way... i'll say this, by the end of season 8 you'll have the answer even if the show annoyingly refuses to absolutely confirm it :lol:

Im rewatching it again now knowing what i know and they were actually very cleaver in leaving some bread crumbs to it since season 3.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

@Greeneyed ... i know you like some absolute trash

Find yourself a way to get Fboy Island... tremendous television.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: August 14, 2021, 10:04 pm @Greeneyed ... i know you like some absolute trash

Find yourself a way to get Fboy Island... tremendous television.
How do you watch it here? Am up to episode 40 something in the latest season of Love Island UK. On Nine Now.

Am told Fboy Island is a mix between Love Island and The Bachelorette. Sounds good!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Botman wrote:

This is a pretty accurate description.

Great show, though infuriating at times. Spader has my blessing to repopulate the Bega Valley.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

A question for the Spader fans. I’ve only seen him in The Office and Blacklist… and Age of Ultron if you want to count that. I love his style, especially his delivery when he goes into storytelling mode.

Is his portrayal of Red and Robert California generally how he plays all of his characters? If it is, I’m making it a mission to run a Spader marathon.

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You must try Boston Legal. Pretty sure it’s free on 7Plus.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah his role as Alan Shore in Boston Legal is arguably his best role
Season 3 onwards is available on Disney +

It's peak Spader... also you get a little dose of a brilliant performance William Shatner as Denny Crane.
But yeah he really only plays one sort of character, they're all pretty much the same and they're all **** great

My wife and i adopted Balcony Time because of Boston legal, and in summer months once we get the kids down, we go to our balcony with a drink each and just sit and chat about whatever comes to mind. It's been extremely great for our relationship...who knew tv could impact you that way :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finished watching The White Lotus. Fairly unusual at times... but a thought provoking series. Fairly unique mix of drama, comedy and social commentary.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched “Come from Away” on Apple TV. Film of the Broadway musical. Good show, not so much for the music, but for the story… which recounts how 38 planes were diverted to Newfoundland on 9/11 and how the small communities and the plane loads of people coped in the days following. Well worth watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Gather around crew. Masked Singer is back!

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Mullet… early guess but I’m thinking Dave O’Neil.. not enough evidence though

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

No idea who Pavlova is!

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

If I had a drink every time I muttered "shut up georgia" in the block I'd be blind drunk

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Dolly - I’m going for Dami Im

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Professor sounds like Ben Lee…

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: September 13, 2021, 7:43 pm Mullet… early guess but I’m thinking Dave O’Neil.. not enough evidence though
My first thought, based soley on look was Toadie from Neighbours :lol:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

This is a hard year! Gonna say Rhonda Birchmore for Vampire

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: September 13, 2021, 7:43 pm Mullet… early guess but I’m thinking Dave O’Neil.. not enough evidence though
My first thought, based soley on look was Toadie from Neighbours :lol:
I wish I knew more about Toadie to put the pieces together

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Volcano’s an NRL player… my first fear was it could have been Todd Carney haha

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Vinnie ******* Jones was Volcano!!!
How did they get that get!

Nickman's love of NSW
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Vinnie Jones!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I was on the right path with the Volcano... i said to my wife that it was Jimoin or Ross Noble... think if i got more time with it, i might have been able to stumbled into Vinnie Jones
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

You could hear the accent during the song, but it’s 500 Miles. No one can sing that song without putting on an accent

Nickman's love of NSW
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

I’ve watched or started watching a few good series on Netflix recently:
Clickbait
7 Seconds

Both pretty cool and binge worthy!

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just finished The Durrells on ABC iview. Really enjoyed it. Had seen sporadic episodes here and there, but watching the whole thing was great. I read the books when I was young and clearly it took liberties. But no matter. Disappears from iview at the end of the month.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Television Thread

Settle in gang. Night 2 of Masked Singer

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Television Thread

Damn… Kebab has hit me for 6. I’m thinking Courtney Act

Nickman's love of NSW