NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Botman »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: October 15, 2021, 1:05 pm Jalen Hurts is a bad NFL QB.

Who do you want in the draft next year with your 14 first rounders?
That's the problem... i really dont want any of them, none of them seem like THE guys to me
If i had to take one... it's probably Malik Wallis right now... i was higher on Spencer Ratler coming in but he's had a terrible year

Little interested in Carson Strong... but yeah it's a terrible class IMO

I'd give the Texans 4 firsts for Watson
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Jalen Hurts coming through for fantasy AGAIN! He gets some good scores considering how much he struggles in reality
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

I’m on Matt Corral for QB1 in next years’ draft. You can wipe Rattler out of the race.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the bone wrote: October 15, 2021, 1:16 pm Jalen Hurts coming through for fantasy AGAIN! He gets some good scores considering how much he struggles in reality
He's a superstar fantasy player and a guy who's going to be Lamar's back up in 2 years time in reality :lol:
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Botman wrote: October 15, 2021, 1:18 pm
the bone wrote: October 15, 2021, 1:16 pm Jalen Hurts coming through for fantasy AGAIN! He gets some good scores considering how much he struggles in reality
He's a superstar fantasy player and a guy who's going to be Lamar's back up in 2 years time in reality :lol:
It’s unbelievable. It seems like every game he comes through with 2 rushing TDs in the 4th quarter
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Botman wrote: October 15, 2021, 12:36 pm Junk Time Jalen is heating up... Good teams win, GREAT TEAMS COVER!
can he get the eagles a +7 cover?
+7 cashes!
YES BOYS!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

What looked like a cruisey win turned into a tight one for the Buccs. Might have been interesting if Eagles were able to get the ball back for 1 more crack. Not to be though.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Yeah Pigman’s predicted score looked good at the half. It was a messy 2nd half for the Bucs. Classic TNF
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the bone wrote: October 15, 2021, 1:17 pm I’m on Matt Corral for QB1 in next years’ draft. You can wipe Rattler out of the race.
Corral is interesting
I mean you know come draft season Wallis, Corral, Strong, whoever... at least one guy is going to get pushed up and talked into being a #1 over all pick
But im not super into any of them yet
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Botman wrote: October 15, 2021, 1:27 pm
the bone wrote: October 15, 2021, 1:17 pm I’m on Matt Corral for QB1 in next years’ draft. You can wipe Rattler out of the race.
Corral is interesting
I mean you know come draft season Wallis, Corral, Strong, whoever... at least one guy is going to get pushed up and talked into being a #1 over all pick
Yeah it is an underwhelming draft class no doubt, especially considering we felt spoilt with the last two classes. Sam Howell was the other one hyped in the preseason, and since he lost his bevy of offensive weapons in last years’ draft, he has been underwhelming in the opening 6 weeks of this season.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: October 15, 2021, 12:51 pm
Toviii wrote: October 15, 2021, 12:50 pm Haha, that Run the Ball sign in the crowd!
I love philly fans
they give it to you straight.. you've never heard a fan base cheer for running plays like this
They are probably 2 of the longest runs vs Buccs this yr TBF
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

the bone wrote: October 15, 2021, 1:33 pm
Botman wrote: October 15, 2021, 1:27 pm
Corral is interesting
Yeah it is an underwhelming draft class no doubt, especially considering we felt spoilt with the last two classes. Sam Howell was the other one hyped in the preseason, and since he lost his bevy of offensive weapons in last years’ draft, he has been underwhelming in the opening 6 weeks of this season.
Interestingly it was the 2021 QB class that was hyped up and so far they're all seeing the classic rookie struggles.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Well....
Brady handing it off twice stopped his 3TD avg, $$$ lost.
By kneeling, the +7 fails, $$$ lost.
Hurts stunk even more than I thought he would, so Smith sucked, $$$ lost.
Apparently Evans is a feast or famine, $$$ lost.
But at least AB covered, even with a bung ankle.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

SB hero Zac Ertz traded
The compensation is really nothing but he’s eating too much into younger guys snaps and targets so he had to go
Also he deserves to go and be on a contender

I’ll never forget his Sb winning td catch or the vital 4th down conversion he made on that drive earlier

Philly Legend
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Yeah that’s a win-win trade, and good for Ertz too. 5th next year and a 6th round CB picked in 2021. Cardinals get another target for Kyler. I was hoping Cardinals would go after Engram so Giants will need to find a trade partner elsewhere for him.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

I’m in Nashville this w/e for a wedding, and I’m very impressed with the number of Bills fans in town, especially considering they don’t play till Monday night. Dedicated fan base.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I take a sneak peak at who the Giants have tomorrow morning... ooooof .. LA! That defence is going to injure half of big blue.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Chargers have at least 6 drops on 3rd and 4th down today 😒 totally didn't show up
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Scored on 3rd.
Fumble on 4th.
grrrrrrr
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

NOOOOOO.... not Tyron Smith
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

bloodly greg the no leg
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Beave blowing big time in game decisions in the crunch?
Knock me down with a feather!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TO
DA
HOUSE!!!!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

And they bail him out again on a tip ball
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

****?!?!?!
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

When the tip ball luck runs out, that's who Tre'Von Diggs is
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

phew!
Probably off to OT

(BTW, what a dumb time to call TO too. Well done McCarthy u muppet)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Been killing ourselves with penalties today
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

HOW
BOUT
DEM
COWBOYS!!!!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

What a horror show this season is turning out for us Dolphins fans. 10-6 last year with a young team showing a ton of promise has regressed dramatically. Blown yet another game they should have won. Could/should be 3-3 instead of 1-5. It's the antithesis of last season where they were pulling wins out of the bag when they were looking like losing. Now they manage to break the Jags 20 game losing streak. This game was on ESPN so I managed to watch every painful minute.

I have completely re-evaulated season goals. It is now to finish ahead of the 49ers because we traded our own first round pick and kept theirs.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Ok...
So while the Cowboys tried desperately to lose this game via penalties, red zone turnovers and Greg the Legless, a very Cowboys thing to do, if you read the box score you would wonder why the Cowboys didnt win:
a) in regulation
b) by at least 10pts

That said, kudos to Belichick for scheming up the D and keeping the running game pretty quiet - still over 120yds, but it isnt the 201 of the past month. He got 2 turnovers, both red zone, both on potential TD scoring plays. The D was fiesty, was in Daks face, BUUUUT... they were giving up plays all night. They kept Coop quiet (5 for 55 looks bigger than he was IMO), and CD wasnt a factor til late, but two 25+ catches really helped his total; but thats what big time players do. In fact, all the big names made plays when required, and so did a few of the lesser names.

Mac Jones was on point. Was 12/13 for high 100s and a TD at one stage. His comeback bomb after the Pick 6 was ridiculas to Bourne. Diggs saw INT #2 on the play, and it sailed over his head. Harris looked every bit the Bell Cow with 18 carries for 101 @ 5.6 and a TD.

Pats did all they could to get a WIN, incl the 2pt play after the long Bourne bomb. They just didnt do enough in regulation to cancel out the Dallas offensive juggernaut.

Dallas got out of jail here, no doubt. But you cant doubt the offensive power. Pats couldnt stop them driving all night long, the Cowboys did it to themselves, penalties and bad turnovers. I still think Dak scored on 3rd down, before fumbling on 4th, as he was clearly over the line, and you could see it on the top shot over the goal line. I, like Romo and his partner on commentary, couldnt understand why it wasnt reviewed.

But... Diggs is a freak! Equally history with 7 picks in 7 games to start the yr. If he gets 1 next wk, he will set a new record.

Zeke and Pollard, with the OL, are still running well.

Dak is still playing at a high level. Made 2 bad mistakes today, but also did some seriously clutch things, like 3rd and long and still finding Wilson on the sideline, or 3rd and very long and finding CD for a chance to tie the game. Knowing that CD and Coop are covered, so using Schultz, Wilson and Brown instead Or Zeke on the screens/ dump offs. Doesnt look flustered at all, even if at times he looked frustrated.

Dallas go into the Bye at 5-1. They get 2wks to get healthy - Daks calf, Tyrons neck/ ankle, Diggs ankle, etc. Get past the niggles. We should see Collins and Gallup back. I suspect Gallemore and Watkins will be very close too. So, we might be getting troops back, and thus, might be getting stronger.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

God the Seahawks stink this year unfortunately. It’s just so easy for teams to pick up close to 10 yards per play against them without even trying. It’s even worse now with no Wilson and no running game
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: October 18, 2021, 11:08 am What a horror show this season is turning out for us Dolphins fans. 10-6 last year with a young team showing a ton of promise has regressed dramatically. Blown yet another game they should have won. Could/should be 3-3 instead of 1-5. It's the antithesis of last season where they were pulling wins out of the bag when they were looking like losing. Now they manage to break the Jags 20 game losing streak. This game was on ESPN so I managed to watch every painful minute.

I have completely re-evaulated season goals. It is now to finish ahead of the 49ers because we traded our own first round pick and kept theirs.
Where are you at on a scale of 1-10 with Tua?

1 - He's a franchise QB, it's everything around him that's wrong
10 - Get him the **** out of here, he stinks
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I do not need more Seattle Steelers in my life
miserable game
Matt
Don Furner