Sebastian Kris

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Sebastian Kris

Post by Northern Raider »

afgtnk wrote: June 18, 2021, 6:46 pm I don't think there's a centre starting this week who'd be that heavy.

Only ones I can think of in recent memory who've regularly played there are Inglis, Mitchell, Best, and maybe Dugan.
Team lists this week there's no centre close to Mal's size. Adam Pompey closest. Same height as Mal but 6kg lighter. Moses Suli is Mal size but he's in the reserves.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Manu would be close at the same age.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Seiffert82 wrote:
BJ wrote: June 18, 2021, 5:33 pm I like to think I made Paul Martin look good back in our Holder High school days, but I have to admit Meninga made him look even better than I did.

But hey, I’ll twist past glories to suit.

Did I ever mention the amazing run I did, just before a collarbone breaking tackle from the opposing fullback ended my rugby league career......
Someone had to give him the saloon ride to the big dance BJ. Mal just took it from there.
I do love the line from the Coodabeen Champions on ABC radio in the 1980s.

“I could have been another Don Bradman, but I just kept getting out”.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

BJ wrote: June 18, 2021, 10:55 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:
BJ wrote: June 18, 2021, 5:33 pm I like to think I made Paul Martin look good back in our Holder High school days, but I have to admit Meninga made him look even better than I did.

But hey, I’ll twist past glories to suit.

Did I ever mention the amazing run I did, just before a collarbone breaking tackle from the opposing fullback ended my rugby league career......
Someone had to give him the saloon ride to the big dance BJ. Mal just took it from there.
I do love the line from the Coodabeen Champions on ABC radio in the 1980s.

“I could have been another Don Bradman, but I just kept getting out”.
:lol: love the Coodabeen's.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

afgtnk wrote: June 18, 2021, 3:17 pm I'm certainly not basing my thoughts about Timoko on the Broncos game. Take that with a pinch of salt.

Timoko hasn't exactly been a standout in reserves this year. I was a big advocate for him last season though and earlier in this one, based on what I'd see of him.

HSS just doesn't seem to have any standout qualities atm. He's not particularly big, strong, quick, or creative. I'm not sure what his point of difference - doesn't seem much above a safe and reliable type.
He was the form centre in our ranks to start the yr. Im very surprised Kris beat him to the role. That trial game/day vs the Chooks, he was our best centre by miles. Then he got hurt after 1 or 2 games.

As for size he is identical to Toots. Only 3kgs lighter than Timoko. Scott is 7cms and 2kgs heavier. He is taller than Seb, but Seb is easily our biggest centre at 100kgs, hence the edge conversion thoughts. So, we have a centre type.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

afgtnk wrote: June 18, 2021, 3:17 pm I'm certainly not basing my thoughts about Timoko on the Broncos game. Take that with a pinch of salt.

Timoko hasn't exactly been a standout in reserves this year. I was a big advocate for him last season though and earlier in this one, based on what I'd see of him.

HSS just doesn't seem to have any standout qualities atm. He's not particularly big, strong, quick, or creative. I'm not sure what his point of difference - doesn't seem much above a safe and reliable type.
That's all you need in a centre though really. It's not a game changer position anymore (Turbo/Latrell in origin aside)
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Matt wrote: June 19, 2021, 11:27 am

He was the form centre in our ranks to start the yr. Im very surprised Kris beat him to the role. That trial game/day vs the Chooks, he was our best centre by miles. Then he got hurt after 1 or 2 games.

As for size he is identical to Toots. Only 3kgs lighter than Timoko. Scott is 7cms and 2kgs heavier. He is taller than Seb, but Seb is easily our biggest centre at 100kgs, hence the edge conversion thoughts. So, we have a centre type.
He's definitely not a big dude. Took a photo of him with a couple of the boys before the Broncos game. Like Toots, it's his footwork and hands that will make or break him in First Grade.