Moderator: GH Moderators

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by dubby »

Seems the Japanese system works!

As for CS.....what a douche
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Curtis Scott…you’re despicable (Daffy Duck voice)
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Shiv
Peter Jackson

Post by Shiv »

At least he's not being referred to as "Raiders Player" or "Ex-Raiders Player". Suspect that is the end of his NRL career. Hope he gets some help and turns his life around.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Canberra Raiders would have a very low sellers rating on E-bay. Many we let go end in tears:
Carney, Fergo, Milf, Vaughan, BJ, Scott, Sandor.

Not too many we let go tread the Mark Nicholls path and go on to bigger better things.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: January 6, 2022, 7:02 am Curtis Scott has been arrested and charged with assaulting his ex partner on numerous occasions in 2018.
Well it’s about time. We all knew about the allegations but couldn’t post about it. Good to see somethings finally been done about it. Scott is such a **** (*this a general statement and not a presumption of guilt)
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Former NRL premiership winner Curtis Scott charged with allegedly assaulting ex-partner in 2018

NRL player Curtis Scott has been charged following an investigation into historic alleged domestic violence offences. Sutherland Shire Police began investigating the 24-year-old in November following reports of domestic-related assaults alleged to have occurred in 2018.

It is believed the woman involved filed a complaint against the controversial star with both NSW Police and the NRL. Scott was arrested while playing golf at Barden Ridge, in Sydney’s south, just before 6pm Wednesday.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... b43b0581c2

Ex Canberra Raider Curtis Scott arrested for historic domestic violence charges

Former Raiders bad boy Curtis Scott has been arrested on domestic violence charges, with police set to allege the 24-year-old assaulted a woman known to him on multiple occasions in 2018.

"A man has been charged following an investigation into historic alleged domestic violence offences," a NSW Police statement read.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

New South Wales police statement

A man has been charged following an investigation into historic alleged domestic violence offences.

In November 2021, detectives from Sutherland Shire Police Area Command commenced an investigation into reports of domestic-related assaults alleged to have occurred in 2018.

Following extensive inquiries, detectives arrested a 24-year-old man at a golf course at Barden Ridge just before 6pm yesterday (Wednesday 5 January 2022).

He was taken to Sutherland Police Station, where he was charged with two counts of intentionally choke person with recklessness, two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, stalk/intimidate intend fear physical etc harm (domestic), and three counts of common assault (DV).

Police will allege in court that the man assaulted a woman known to him on numerous occasions in 2018.

The Bonnet Bay man has been granted conditional bail and is due to appear at Sutherland Local Court next Wednesday (12 January 2022).

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/news ... w9MQ%3D%3D
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

What’s his handicap ?
BJ123
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Chicka

Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by BJ123 »

-PJ- wrote:What’s his handicap ?
Don’t know, but just like Hitler he was in the bunker when they found him.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

He was heard screaming “ go on taser me, I love the taser”
BJ123
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Chicka

Post by BJ123 »

-PJ- wrote:He was heard screaming “ go on taser me, I love the taser”
That’s ‘shocking’
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Made my day reading this. Hope he spends some time behind bars as he's a **** and low individual. Should also force him to repay us what he was earning here as he was ****
Shiv
Peter Jackson

Post by Shiv »

Actually his punishment is far worse than you think. Assuming he's guilty - that's the end of his career - and his lifestyle. He *did* have talent. He did win a GF and was being paid far more money a year then we would hope to earn AND if he played to his talent could have stayed on that $$ year in and year out - or more for quite a few more years.
For the rest of his life (once out of Gaol, assuming he's guilty) he will be on minimum wage, have a criminal offence on his record (assuming he's guilty) be unable to progress anywhere in his career due to afore mentioned criminal offence.
Think about it, at some point in time he will come to the honest realisation of exactly how much he has lost, and exactly how massively different his life could have been.
Then he has to live with that. For the rest of his life. And nothing he can do now changes that.

Don't get me wrong, still think he's a grub, (and if guilty) deserves the full weight of the law being brought to bear. But thats a hell of a consequence to live with. Can't really think of a better punishment....
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

7 Todd Carney (c)
6 Brett Finch
5 Joel Monaghan
4 Curtis Scott
3 Jason Bulgarell
2 Blake Ferguson
1 Josh Dugan

We have had some absolute bell ends at our club the last 15 years or so.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Riaan wrote: January 6, 2022, 12:10 pm 7 Todd Carney (c)
6 Brett Finch
5 Joel Monaghan
4 Curtis Scott
3 Jason Bulgarell
2 Blake Ferguson
1 Josh Dugan

Add Paul Vaughan, Anthony Milford. The current crop of drink drivers (CHN, Hors, Rapana) and Starling. We're no team of choir boys, that's for sure.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

BJ123 wrote: January 6, 2022, 9:17 am
-PJ- wrote:What’s his handicap ?
Don’t know, but just like Hitler he was in the bunker when they found him.
:roflmao outstanding
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Finchy wrote: January 6, 2022, 12:29 pm
Riaan wrote: January 6, 2022, 12:10 pm 7 Todd Carney (c)
6 Brett Finch
5 Joel Monaghan
4 Curtis Scott
3 Jason Bulgarell
2 Blake Ferguson
1 Josh Dugan

Add Paul Vaughan, Anthony Milford. The current crop of drink drivers (CHN, Hors, Rapana) and Starling. We're no team of choir boys, that's for sure.
I think there should be two categories - dheads - like Carney and people that did stupid acts like Joel Monaghan, and foul human beings like Brett Finch and Curtis Scott that hurt others. Scott needs a jail sentence to pull his head in. Ferguson as well. Dugan is just an unlikeable person.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Unfortunately I can't see Scott doing time but he can kiss his nrl career well and truly goodbye

When the players came out in support of Scott and certain players seemed to be against the club here you have to question their choice of friends.
I find it hard to believe he was lovely with every other girl he has slept with and only allegedly abused this one girl. The players must have seen/heard stuff and still wanted him at the club?

I do agree with Hong Kong though, we have 3 different groups of ex duds.
The Brett Finch one still shocks me

I put fergo in the same class as Carney, not very bright and very easily led. They do dumb dumb stuff but are also the perfect guy to take the fall for others much worse like fergo did for dugan a few times
Vaccinated
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

How can HK suggest there are 2 categories and then Cat says she agrees with HK that there are 3 categories. :hmmm
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Billy Walker wrote: January 6, 2022, 6:01 pm How can HK suggest there are 2 categories and then Cat says she agrees with HK that there are 3 categories. :hmmm
Because i thought he had 3 categories and just pressed 2 instead of 3 lol

Cat 1- people who do dumb acts ala monnas

Cat 2 **** who just aren't that bright ala Carney and fergo , bj

Cat 3 awful humans ala dugan and scott

I personally would have a 4th categorie for Finch....
Vaccinated
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

-PJ- wrote: January 6, 2022, 9:08 am What’s his handicap ?
Slow, extrememly weak in contact, alcohol issues, general scummy/low life behaviour (allegedly).
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

cat wrote: January 6, 2022, 6:35 pm
Billy Walker wrote: January 6, 2022, 6:01 pm How can HK suggest there are 2 categories and then Cat says she agrees with HK that there are 3 categories. :hmmm
Because i thought he had 3 categories and just pressed 2 instead of 3 lol

Cat 1- people who do dumb acts ala monnas

Cat 2 **** who just aren't that bright ala Carney and fergo , bj

Cat 3 awful humans ala dugan and scott

I personally would have a 4th categorie for Finch....
My problem only with that rating scale is that it could be interpreted that you are suggesting Dugan and Scott might be bright.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Billy, I actually do think dugan and scott are "bright" in terms of they actually know they are being awful and don't care. They are also ( especially dugan) skilled at passing the blame onto others and/or acting all innocent

I actually think they are a lot worse then fergo/carney/bj and are a bad influence on the team.
Put fergo and co with the right supports they are ok

Put a dugan in the team and there goes fergo etc
Vaccinated
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

cat wrote: January 6, 2022, 4:47 pm Unfortunately I can't see Scott doing time but he can kiss his nrl career well and truly goodbye

When the players came out in support of Scott and certain players seemed to be against the club here you have to question their choice of friends.
I find it hard to believe he was lovely with every other girl he has slept with and only allegedly abused this one girl. The players must have seen/heard stuff and still wanted him at the club?

I do agree with Hong Kong though, we have 3 different groups of ex duds.
The Brett Finch one still shocks me

I put fergo in the same class as Carney, not very bright and very easily led. They do dumb dumb stuff but are also the perfect guy to take the fall for others much worse like fergo did for dugan a few times
The problem with these duds is that they are doing damage to our club and the games reputation. Carney was a serial drink driver and was involved in a high speed police pursuit, he is absolutely no where near the level of Joel Mona’s in dud category. He’s captain of my team for a reason.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Agree, still dont want them back but there is a level of " not as bad as others" about them
Vaccinated
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

It all comes down to the culture of an organisation. What is prioritised when players are recruited, what standards are accepted and what is overlooked so long as a player is performing. What accountabilities are in place from members, supporters and the board. I’d suggest the raiders are more that a little lacking in accountability and standards.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

Billy Walker wrote: January 6, 2022, 10:25 pm It all comes down to the culture of an organisation. What is prioritised when players are recruited, what standards are accepted and what is overlooked so long as a player is performing. What accountabilities are in place from members, supporters and the board. I’d suggest the raiders are more that a little lacking in accountability and standards.
It's not exclusive to the Raiders .
NRL allowed him to train with the Eels only 1 day before the arrest , Eels were looking to sign him.
Tigers were rumoured to not long ago.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: January 7, 2022, 5:39 am
Billy Walker wrote: January 6, 2022, 10:25 pm It all comes down to the culture of an organisation. What is prioritised when players are recruited, what standards are accepted and what is overlooked so long as a player is performing. What accountabilities are in place from members, supporters and the board. I’d suggest the raiders are more that a little lacking in accountability and standards.
NRL allowed him to train with the Eels only 1 day before the arrest , Eels were looking to sign him.
So as long as we aren’t the very worst, you’re suggesting we shouldn’t be too bothered about trying to improve our culture and standards?

Gotcha.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

This young guy needs a lot of help.. probably needs to get out of the city to somewhere and work hard probably man or him appreciate what he has more..
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
CrabLord
Noa Nadruku

Post by CrabLord »

Dugan is and was an absolute self obsessed fool, but I don't recall him ever punching on in clubs, abusing his partner like is alleged with Scott. Have I missed something? Just think it's unfair for them to be put in the same category, Dugan was an idiot, not a criminal... right?

As for Carney, you only need to hear about the whole family and their stupid rivalries with other families in Goulburn to know he was doomed from the get go.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

Billy Walker wrote: January 7, 2022, 8:43 am
LimeGreenMachine wrote: January 7, 2022, 5:39 am
So as long as we aren’t the very worst, you’re suggesting we shouldn’t be too bothered about trying to improve our culture and standards?

Gotcha.
Yeah that's what I'm suggesting
Long bow
Gotcha
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Scott’s preseason plan abandoned: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 8d129f1c96

In horrific news the daily telegraph is reporting Curtis Scott's life is SO bad he had to put an investment property on the market and, even worse!!! Get a full time job! The poor man!

On a side note they are also reporting dugan is pouring cement on the south coast and loving life. As a "country boy" ( tuggarong is country???) He never understood why he was considered famous and loves being out of the spot light: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 47ff1ab32b
Vaccinated
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

BJ Mole reports Dugan is now busy helping little old ladies across the road and rescuing kittens up trees.

I report this because Josh Dugan himself sent me an anonymous scoop of what he was up to.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

BJ wrote: January 10, 2022, 5:48 pm BJ Mole reports Dugan is now busy helping little old ladies across the road and rescuing kittens up trees.

I report this because Josh Dugan himself sent me an anonymous scoop of what he was up to.
I had beers with Dugan and Polky last night. Can confirm the old ladies and kittens stories.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

The irony of someone getting in a spotlight, to say he’s enjoying being out of the spotlight.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: January 10, 2022, 6:43 pm The irony of someone getting in a spotlight, to say he’s enjoying being out of the spotlight.
I thought the exact same thing. Steve Matai doesn’t like the spotlight and I’m not sure even his old teammates can track him down post retirement. That’s how you stay out of the spotlight.