2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Post Reply

Who will win between the NSW Blues and Queensland Maroons?

Blues 13+
7
25%
Blues 1-12
13
46%
Draw
1
4%
Maroons 1-12
5
18%
Maroons 13+
2
7%
 
Total votes: 28

Wiggy
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1523
Joined: June 5, 2007, 9:06 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Belconnen

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Wiggy »

Worm wrote:Now you are getting it.. Not being from either NSW or QLD should give the player or supporter the option then as they are from neither origin.
I disagree. ACT players should only be available to the ACT Origin side.

I think if your city has a side in the Canberra Cup, that makes them an honouree Canberran (So we will take Queanbeyan and Goulburn). In fact... let’s take anyone who is in the junior Canberra Region Rugby League comps. That way we can have Cooma and Yass

NSW can take Auckland (because of the NSW cup link) and QLD can have Papua New Guinea (as long as they get admitted into the QLD cup)

It makes just as much sense as randomly having Canberra play for NSW, so why not?
User avatar
CanberraJonno
Simon Woolford
Posts: 469
Joined: April 2, 2013, 2:45 pm
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by CanberraJonno »

Wiggy wrote:
Worm wrote:Now you are getting it.. Not being from either NSW or QLD should give the player or supporter the option then as they are from neither origin.
I disagree. ACT players should only be available to the ACT Origin side.

I think if your city has a side in the Canberra Cup, that makes them an honouree Canberran (So we will take Queanbeyan and Goulburn). In fact... let’s take anyone who is in the junior Canberra Region Rugby League comps. That way we can have Cooma and Yass

NSW can take Auckland (because of the NSW cup link) and QLD can have Papua New Guinea (as long as they get admitted into the QLD cup)

It makes just as much sense as randomly having Canberra play for NSW, so why not?
If Victoria get an origin side then they would have more of a claim to Canberra than QLD, ACT is supposed to be compromise between VIC and NSW regarding where the capital should be, so therefore, historically, NSW have a far more legitimate claim to Canberrans than QLD... So it is far more logical than your point would suggest.
Image
User avatar
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Posts: 2029
Joined: April 26, 2010, 11:50 pm
Favourite Player: Williams > Sezer
Location: Sydney

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Regs Revolution »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Didnt know hwere to put it but here is as good as anywhere

NRL Stats ‏@NRLstats

Top Metres in Origin History
Petero Civoniceva 4019
Mal Meninga 3303
Gary Jack 3081... http://fb.me/29imimBWR

NRL Stats ‏@NRLstats

Most Tackle Breaks in a Origin Game
Jarryd Hayne 18
Gary Belcher 16
Wendell Sailor 15
Anthony Watmough 14... http://fb.me/2p4h15cw7

Top Metres in a Origin Game
Brett Hodgson 384
Gary Belcher 322
Wendell Sailor 299
Dale Shearer 298
Kurt Gidley... http://fb.me/1c9a5aw9w
384 Metres in a game??? How is that even possible, that's massive.

Does anyone know the record for a standard game?
User avatar
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47767
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Favourite Player: Captain Croker
Location: Gold Coast

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Regs Revolution wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:Didnt know hwere to put it but here is as good as anywhere

NRL Stats ‏@NRLstats

Top Metres in Origin History
Petero Civoniceva 4019
Mal Meninga 3303
Gary Jack 3081... http://fb.me/29imimBWR

NRL Stats ‏@NRLstats

Most Tackle Breaks in a Origin Game
Jarryd Hayne 18
Gary Belcher 16
Wendell Sailor 15
Anthony Watmough 14... http://fb.me/2p4h15cw7

Top Metres in a Origin Game
Brett Hodgson 384
Gary Belcher 322
Wendell Sailor 299
Dale Shearer 298
Kurt Gidley... http://fb.me/1c9a5aw9w
384 Metres in a game??? How is that even possible, that's massive.

Does anyone know the record for a standard game?
I think 20m of that is when Tallis ragged dolled over the sideline
User avatar
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22365
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by -PJ- »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
Regs Revolution wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:Didnt know hwere to put it but here is as good as anywhere

NRL Stats ‏@NRLstats

Top Metres in Origin History
Petero Civoniceva 4019
Mal Meninga 3303
Gary Jack 3081... http://fb.me/29imimBWR

NRL Stats ‏@NRLstats

Most Tackle Breaks in a Origin Game
Jarryd Hayne 18
Gary Belcher 16
Wendell Sailor 15
Anthony Watmough 14... http://fb.me/2p4h15cw7

Top Metres in a Origin Game
Brett Hodgson 384
Gary Belcher 322
Wendell Sailor 299
Dale Shearer 298
Kurt Gidley... http://fb.me/1c9a5aw9w
384 Metres in a game??? How is that even possible, that's massive.

Does anyone know the record for a standard game?
I think 20m of that is when Tallis ragged dolled over the sideline
that's the game where Hodgson started 10mins before everybody else.....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
User avatar
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47767
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Favourite Player: Captain Croker
Location: Gold Coast

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Raidersrawesome »

1980-89 Games -NSW 10 QLD 17 drawn 0.. Series:NSW 2 QLD 6 drawn 0
1990-99 Games - NSW 16 QLD 13 drawn 1.. Series:NSW 6 QLD 3 drawn 1
2000-09 Games - NSW 15 QLD 14 drawn 1.. Series:NSW 4 QLD 5 drawn 1
2010-12 Games - NSW 2 QLD 7 drawn 0.. Series:NSW 0 QLD 3 drawn 0

Games:NSW 43 QLD 51 drawn 2 Series:NSW 12 QLD 17 drawn 2



( I think my maths is correct )
User avatar
CanberraJonno
Simon Woolford
Posts: 469
Joined: April 2, 2013, 2:45 pm
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by CanberraJonno »

Yeah, before QLD went on their 7 year win streak, I remember thinking how amazing it was that Origin was so even...
Image
User avatar
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21666
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Dr Zaius »

I Miss Marty wrote:Same sh*t different year - amazing how much Queenslanders have been bagged in these pages - scum, whingers (still trying to get my head around the Scumcorp remark - seriously you are kidding yourself!) yet you are playing the same old GI broken record. I will support whoever puts on a Maroon jersey just like I support whoever puts on a lime green jersey and couldn't give a crap about your 'technicalities'.

Interesting views re ACT is/isn't in NSW argument :hmmm
If the shoe fits. There's not a lot of footage of NSW women pissing on stadium seats getting around. Dispicable
User avatar
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Posts: 2029
Joined: April 26, 2010, 11:50 pm
Favourite Player: Williams > Sezer
Location: Sydney

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Regs Revolution »

Haha I've seen that, absolute filth.

You stay classy, Queenslanders!
User avatar
I Miss Marty
David Furner
Posts: 3156
Joined: January 19, 2005, 11:59 am
Favourite Player: I'm still deciding
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by I Miss Marty »

Greenbits wrote:
I Miss Marty wrote:Same sh*t different year - amazing how much Queenslanders have been bagged in these pages - scum, whingers (still trying to get my head around the Scumcorp remark - seriously you are kidding yourself!) yet you are playing the same old GI broken record. I will support whoever puts on a Maroon jersey just like I support whoever puts on a lime green jersey and couldn't give a crap about your 'technicalities'.

Interesting views re ACT is/isn't in NSW argument :hmmm
If the shoe fits. There's not a lot of footage of NSW women pissing on stadium seats getting around. Dispicable
Yes because one feral is enough to stereotype an entire state :roll:
User avatar
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21666
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Dr Zaius »

After living there for five years I can assure you that it is more than one feral that has led to stereotype an entire state :grin:
User avatar
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21666
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Dr Zaius »

CanberraJonno wrote:
Worm wrote:Well, I spose all of those Raiders supporters who have never lived in nor come from Canberra should go support their home side then right? Or is that different?
I don't think anyone minds you supporting QLD, there are many things that influence a team choice, family, players, etc. In fact, my brother moved up to Brisbane and married a canetoad, and even though my nephew now lives in Brisbane and will grow up there, I will do everything in my power to make sure he is a Blues fan through and through... It's the players from NSW that get scooped up by QLD that piss me off... Could you imagine how different things would be if Greg Inglis had been our FB for the past few years? It annoys me in the same way that the Raiders raise players just to be poached by other teams...
I don't think that the effect of one of Origins absolute greats playing on the wrong side of the divide has had can be overstated. A number of these series have been very tight and Inglis' individual brilliance has won many a game. Judging by the way that they bite whenever it's mentioned, I suspect it's many a Queenslanders secret shame - not that they will ever admit it. Could you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot? They'd be grabbing their pitch forks, clambering into their rusted old pick up truck and marching on Sydney quicker than you can say inbred redneck.
User avatar
I Miss Marty
David Furner
Posts: 3156
Joined: January 19, 2005, 11:59 am
Favourite Player: I'm still deciding
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by I Miss Marty »

A whole 5 years.. that must make u an expert. You know where the border is mate :hi
User avatar
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21666
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Dr Zaius »

I've seen far more of Queensland than most Queenslanders. As I said, there is more than one feral that has led to the stereotype.
User avatar
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Posts: 2265
Joined: April 10, 2013, 9:13 am
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas
Location: Gold Coast

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by BigPapa »

As a QUEENSLANDER i feel sorry for N.S.W i just hope they don't embarrass themselves this year and put up a decent fight
AJL
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1510
Joined: March 10, 2009, 5:07 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Bay 52, Canberra Stadium

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by AJL »

For the life of me, I can't understand how anyone thinks any treatment of Canberra players other than as Blues makes sense.

The local comp has always been under the NSWRL. It includes teams based in NSW. So contrary to some ignorant suggestions, there is a substantial historical link between Rugby League in this city and NSW.

suggestion of cutting ACT players from Origin would be a massive free kick to Rugby League's rivals. Why would a kid in Canberra stick with League when the game's peak contest is barred to them?

I was born in NSW and have spent about a week of my life in Qld, so there is absolutely no sensible reason why I'd ever support Qld, other than being a gutless fair weather fan.
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9539
Joined: January 18, 2005, 6:35 pm
Location: Lismore NSW

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by VictorTheViking »

Pathetic, gutless and fair weather...all because as a 5 year old kid I dared to follow my favourite player in whatever jumper he wore.....lets see what other names you cockroaches can come up with before you get smashed on wednesday night
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9069
Joined: March 31, 2009, 2:14 pm
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker
Location: Sydney

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by DJ89 »

Deadly EdLee wrote:As a QUEENSLANDER i feel sorry for N.S.W i just hope they don't embarrass themselves this year and put up a decent fight
The result in game 3 couldn't have gotten any closer. It was 21-20.
User avatar
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21666
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Dr Zaius »

Queenslanders. Absolutely classless.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... =text-only
AJL
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1510
Joined: March 10, 2009, 5:07 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Bay 52, Canberra Stadium

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by AJL »

VictorTheViking wrote:Pathetic, gutless and fair weather...all because as a 5 year old kid I dared to follow my favourite player in whatever jumper he wore.....lets see what other names you cockroaches can come up with before you get smashed on wednesday night
I could have sworn I referred to myself only. Nobody else.

Fact is this series is the most important in 30 years. NSW lose this and there is little to no chance of stopping a straight decade of failure. Will anyone in NSW still care at that point?
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
craigo
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1744
Joined: April 12, 2011, 2:17 pm
Favourite Player: josh papalli

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by craigo »

Deadly EdLee wrote:As a QUEENSLANDER i feel sorry for N.S.W i just hope they don't embarrass themselves this year and put up a decent fight
please. Queensland won by 1 point last year and that's only because Greg inglis apparently scored a try in the first game is why they won that one. I'd say this year will be vastly different nsw will make sure that dodgy referring will play no part this year. By winning by a large margin
User avatar
SubLime Green
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5000
Joined: August 5, 2008, 2:59 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Cairns

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by SubLime Green »

Greenbits wrote:Queenslanders. Absolutely classless.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... =text-only
They should just appoint Tonie Carroll as their spokesman from here on in.
User avatar
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13586
Joined: August 4, 2009, 10:14 am
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Location: The Club

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Captain Punish »

AJL wrote:
VictorTheViking wrote:Pathetic, gutless and fair weather...all because as a 5 year old kid I dared to follow my favourite player in whatever jumper he wore.....lets see what other names you cockroaches can come up with before you get smashed on wednesday night
I could have sworn I referred to myself only. Nobody else.

Fact is this series is the most important in 30 years. NSW lose this and there is little to no chance of stopping a straight decade of failure. Will anyone in NSW still care at that point?
Any self respecting NSW supporter has already started supporting the Waratahs..
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
AJL
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1510
Joined: March 10, 2009, 5:07 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Bay 52, Canberra Stadium

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by AJL »

Worm wrote:
AJL wrote:
VictorTheViking wrote:Pathetic, gutless and fair weather...all because as a 5 year old kid I dared to follow my favourite player in whatever jumper he wore.....lets see what other names you cockroaches can come up with before you get smashed on wednesday night
I could have sworn I referred to myself only. Nobody else.

Fact is this series is the most important in 30 years. NSW lose this and there is little to no chance of stopping a straight decade of failure. Will anyone in NSW still care at that point?
Any self respecting NSW supporter has already started supporting the Waratahs..
If they're playing the Scumbies, maybe :)
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
Nick
Mal Meninga
Posts: 55311
Joined: January 6, 2005, 7:21 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: The abyss, ive brought a house in the abyss, im getting mail redirected to the abyss

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Nick »

VictorTheViking wrote:Pathetic, gutless and fair weather...all because as a 5 year old kid I dared to follow my favourite player in whatever jumper he wore.....lets see what other names you cockroaches can come up with before you get smashed on wednesday night
If the shoe fits...
In this case the shoe is practically tailor made
Image
Image
Raiders member no: 4008
Bay 28, Row JJ, Seat 8

greeneyed wrote:Sheens was brought in to build the Cowboys and Tigers. He did both, bringing one a premiership, despite the many injury ridden years of his key playmaker.
^^^
:lol: !
User avatar
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21666
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Dr Zaius »

A glass slipper
User avatar
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13586
Joined: August 4, 2009, 10:14 am
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Location: The Club

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Captain Punish »

Thursday will be a quiet day round these parts..
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
User avatar
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21666
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Dr Zaius »

I'm banning myself from this place on game day.
User avatar
Baywatch
John Ferguson
Posts: 2758
Joined: April 7, 2013, 9:43 pm
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom
Location: Coogee

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Baywatch »

Image
User avatar
CanberraJonno
Simon Woolford
Posts: 469
Joined: April 2, 2013, 2:45 pm
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by CanberraJonno »

I Miss Marty wrote:
Greenbits wrote:
I Miss Marty wrote:Same sh*t different year - amazing how much Queenslanders have been bagged in these pages - scum, whingers (still trying to get my head around the Scumcorp remark - seriously you are kidding yourself!) yet you are playing the same old GI broken record. I will support whoever puts on a Maroon jersey just like I support whoever puts on a lime green jersey and couldn't give a crap about your 'technicalities'.

Interesting views re ACT is/isn't in NSW argument :hmmm
If the shoe fits. There's not a lot of footage of NSW women pissing on stadium seats getting around. Dispicable
Yes because one feral is enough to stereotype an entire state :roll:
Great, so we agree, QLDers are feral, now that that's settled let's move on...
Image
User avatar
CanberraJonno
Simon Woolford
Posts: 469
Joined: April 2, 2013, 2:45 pm
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by CanberraJonno »

Baywatch wrote:Image
Image
I heard you like memes
Image
User avatar
CanberraJonno
Simon Woolford
Posts: 469
Joined: April 2, 2013, 2:45 pm
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by CanberraJonno »

but on another note... How good's James Maloney?
Image
User avatar
Please
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6827
Joined: June 26, 2012, 11:43 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker
Location: Canberra

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by Please »

**** house
Well, at least Jack got paid.
User avatar
86 invader
David Grant
Posts: 739
Joined: July 29, 2012, 6:32 pm

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by 86 invader »

I think NSW will win the series 2-1 with all three games going with the home team...

With regards to game 1, judging by the two teams squads picked this one is really going to be a clash of styles... I'm assuming that NSW will try and compress the Qld defence and try to create room for Bird, Hoffman, Jennings and Morris out wide... They've picked a lot of tight forwards with good footwork and offloads plus two halves that play straight and fast... The interesting part is that Qld have selected a bench full of inexperienced edge defenders... I think it's going to be a great game but I think NSW will shellshock Qld in the first one...
craigo
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1744
Joined: April 12, 2011, 2:17 pm
Favourite Player: josh papalli

Re: 2013 State of Origin I: New South Wales V Queensland

Post by craigo »

86 invader wrote:I think NSW will win the series 2-1 with all three games going with the home team...

With regards to game 1, judging by the two teams squads picked this one is really going to be a clash of styles... I'm assuming that NSW will try and compress the Qld defence and try to create room for Bird, Hoffman, Jennings and Morris out wide... They've picked a lot of tight forwards with good footwork and offloads plus two halves that play straight and fast... The interesting part is that Qld have selected a bench full of inexperienced edge defenders... I think it's going to be a great game but I think NSW will shellshock Qld in the first one...
and the second and third.
Post Reply