All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Tedesco signs with Raiders * not a joke*

Post by Billy Walker »

-PJ- wrote: May 27, 2014, 11:37 am he has 2 weeks to backflip... :lol:
PJ, PJ, PJ…. Not saying you are solely responsible for costing the Raiders multiple premierships, but this is quite a jinx on the day his signing was announced…. Tsk tsk tsk :lol:
T_R
Don Furner

Re: Tedesco signs with Raiders * not a joke*

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote: May 27, 2014, 11:37 am he has 2 weeks to backflip... :lol:

Yeah. Nice one.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Tedesco backflips on Raiders deal, stays with Tigers

Post by dubby »

Brew wrote: December 2, 2014, 3:47 pm Blessing in disguise. We got Blake Austin instead and Jacky Boi at the back
:shock:
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

dubby wrote: September 23, 2021, 9:26 am
Brew wrote: December 2, 2014, 3:47 pm Blessing in disguise. We got Blake Austin instead and Jacky Boi at the back
Easy to react like that now but short term it worked out - we finished 2nd and made the prelim in 16.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Billy Walker wrote: September 20, 2021, 12:27 pm
julian87 wrote: December 3, 2014, 8:34 am
Lord Funkington wrote:
julian87 wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:The fate of James Tedesco will be one of the more intriguing stories of 2015 methinks. The guy could be anything if he can return from injury and stays on the park - or he could end up like Campo.
I don't think he was ever going to 'be anything'. Could have been a good running fullback but lacks in ball playing and not many really small fullbacks have gone on to be world class in the modern era.
Remember he is only 21 or something. We're talking about him like he's a grizzled journeyman, he's got ten years ahead of him if he gets right.
Couple of ACL's (I think), ankle troubles and a shattered knee cap by 21. I'm glad we didn't sign him.
If Julian87 puts in for a job with Raiders recruitment I thing we need a strong screening process :roflmao
Christ that was a horrific take :lol:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Raider Azz wrote: September 23, 2021, 10:53 am
Easy to react like that now but short term it worked out - we finished 2nd and made the prelim in 16.
And Blake Austin is in the ESL and Tedesco is the best fullback in the world
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

dubby wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: September 23, 2021, 10:53 am
And Blake Austin is in the ESL and Tedesco is the best fullback in the world
I'm not convinced he would have turned into the player he is today if he had signed with us back then.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Colk
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Colk »

the bone wrote: September 23, 2021, 10:58 am
Billy Walker wrote: September 20, 2021, 12:27 pm
julian87 wrote: December 3, 2014, 8:34 am
Lord Funkington wrote:
julian87 wrote:
I don't think he was ever going to 'be anything'. Could have been a good running fullback but lacks in ball playing and not many really small fullbacks have gone on to be world class in the modern era.
Remember he is only 21 or something. We're talking about him like he's a grizzled journeyman, he's got ten years ahead of him if he gets right.
Couple of ACL's (I think), ankle troubles and a shattered knee cap by 21. I'm glad we didn't sign him.
If Julian87 puts in for a job with Raiders recruitment I thing we need a strong screening process :roflmao
Christ that was a horrific take :lol:
To be fair to Julian87, his injury record was pretty bad at that stage but it was a smart decision by management at that time - it’s just terrible that it didn’t work out. Anyway blame Robbie Farah for what has happened since - Tedesco winning comps with the Roosters ugh.

But the alternative of Blake Austin and Wighton at fullback wasn’t particularly great
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Whatever happened to Tedesco? Just slipped into obscurity after he backflipped. Looked like the kid had potential.

Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Seiffert82 wrote: September 24, 2021, 9:06 pm Whatever happened to Tedesco? Just slipped into obscurity after he backflipped. Looked like the kid had potential.
You still think Craig Bellamy lucked out with getting slater, cronk smith etc at the same time? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Confirmed: Raiders sign James Tedesco on three year deal

Post by Billy Walker »

Botman wrote: May 28, 2014, 7:28 pm According to people at LU, Teddy's family is absolutely loaded, one guy reckons their property port folio is worth over 20mil
I would suggest when he says it's not about money, he means it, and what he actually means is it's about respect

the initial tigers offer is reported to have a base lower than his current deal, and the totality of the deal was said to be the same as ours over 4 or 5 years, so the Tigers we essentially banking on club loyalty and basically asking Teddy work for 1 or 2 years for free, all because of his injury history. Doesn't sound like he was getting a lot of respect or being made to feel wanted.

Then all of a sudden the Raiders come, with big money and basically say "forget your injuries, we want you, we want to be the face of our club and we are willing to pay for ability"

it's risky because of the injuries but the more i read about this the more comfortable i am about his reasons for leaving. I think the money in this case represents respect and value, he wasnt given respect at Tigers, so left for someone who would. I feel really good about what he'll bring to this club
Brings a tear to a glass eye piggy!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Strange one to single out, Billy

My optimism of what that guy could have done for the club has been proven to 100% accurate
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Not sure how Bellamy is related to Tedesco Riaan, but Smith, Slater and Cronk is not a bad trio to build a team around and get your first grade coaching career started.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk