Tedesco backflips on Raiders deal, stays with Tigers

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Re: Tedesco backflips on Raiders deal, stays with Tigers

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Its round 13 rule. June 30 is for player movement in the current season.

I think its all in the players favour ( rnd 13) . Happy to be corrected
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Both parties can back out as I understand, look at the Fifita deal.

And as much as I am disapointed that we missed out on Tedesco, the NRL should keep the rule intact. It sends a clear message IMO, sign before round 13 at your own risk!!
tubs
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Milford

Post by tubs »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Its round 13 rule. June 30 is for player movement in the current season.

I think its all in the players favour ( rnd 13) . Happy to be corrected
Think it goes both ways, pretty much June 30 is like Transfer deadline day in football, most deals get rushed through the door, just look at a couple days ago all the mid season buys that happen on the last day of the window :lol:
bileduct
Brett Mullins

Post by bileduct »

country raider wrote:Karma got the asswipe good, suck **** for trying to take Campese out
Dog act and good result
May the fleas of a thousand camels rest on your balls
Classy.
Hbomb wrote::lol: thats pretty funny, I agree he was trying his hardest to blindside campo and he did get instant retribution. I did chuckle, I dont wish bad things upon him but if you line someone up with an obviously set piece to establish dominance then I will chuckle when you fail miserably
Wow, that interesting. Attempting to tackle someone head on is considered a "blindside", righto.
2014 Golden Boogs Award Winner
Raiders Lim!
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Raiders Lim! »

bileduct wrote:
country raider wrote:Karma got the asswipe good, suck **** for trying to take Campese out
Dog act and good result
Classy.
Hbomb wrote::lol: thats pretty funny, I agree he was trying his hardest to blindside campo and he did get instant retribution. I did chuckle, I dont wish bad things upon him but if you line someone up with an obviously set piece to establish dominance then I will chuckle when you fail miserably
Wow, that interesting. Attempting to tackle someone head on is considered a "blindside", righto.
When campos attention is completely focused on catching a pat Richards kickoff a thousand metres high, yes a front on tackle is still a blindside...
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Raiders Lim! wrote:
bileduct wrote:
Dog act and good result
Classy.
When campos attention is completely focused on catching a pat Richards kickoff a thousand metres high, yes a front on tackle is still a blindside...
I dont think you can call that blindsided.

Even though Campo was watching the ball he would have been expecting the tackle , he knew a player/players were coming.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
Raiders Lim! wrote:
bileduct wrote:
Dog act and good result
Classy.
I dont think you can call that blindsided.

Even though Campo was watching the ball he would have been expecting the tackle , he knew a player/players were coming.
Player need to leave the ground to take those kick offs. Your going to get drilled regardless, might as well make them time it perfectly or give away a penalty
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

That's the point of that kickoff, he tried to make a statement and kinda did.
Edrick The Entertainer
bileduct
Brett Mullins

Post by bileduct »

Raiders Lim! wrote:
bileduct wrote: Wow, that interesting. Attempting to tackle someone head on is considered a "blindside", righto.
Except Campese had already caught the ball and was looking directly at Tedesco when tackled front on in a regular tackle that happens in every game.
Raiders Lim!
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Raiders Lim! »

bileduct wrote:
Raiders Lim! wrote:
bileduct wrote: Wow, that interesting. Attempting to tackle someone head on is considered a "blindside", righto.
Except Campese had already caught the ball and was looking directly at Tedesco when tackled front on in a regular tackle that happens in every game.
The point was that he was attempting to blindside him, aka hit him when he couldn't see the guy coming at him.
Moot point really, if I was Campo's knee surgeon I'd be spruiking how much better my work is than the bloke at the tigers right now :P
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

It was such a strange incident... not any of this blindside Bull, i side with Bileduct on this, it's part of footy

But the fact Tedesco runs in, his knee collides at full pace with Campese's knee and it's Tedesco's season that's over. :lol: How did campese's knee survive this?
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Pigman wrote:It was such a strange incident... not any of this blindside Bull, i side with Bileduct on this, it's part of footy

But the fact Tedesco runs in, his knee collides at full pace with Campese's knee and it's Tedesco's season that's over. :lol: How did campese's knee survive this?
More to the point, if that doesn't give campo enough reason to trust his knee and run till he retires then what will?
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Raiders Lim! wrote:
bileduct wrote:
Raiders Lim! wrote:
The point was that he was attempting to blindside him, aka hit him when he couldn't see the guy coming at him.
Moot point really, if I was Campo's knee surgeon I'd be spruiking how much better my work is than the bloke at the tigers right now :P
Yeh sorry if you havent figured it out yet Lim bileduct is a massive troll. he never posts anything worth while only ever posts trying to goad a response.
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
bileduct
Brett Mullins

Post by bileduct »

Hbomb wrote: Yeh sorry if you havent figured it out yet Lim bileduct is a massive troll. he never posts anything worth while only ever posts trying to goad a response.
So basically you are saying that I am like everyone else that posts here...
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

James Tedesco learning to run again as Wests Tigers try to keep him injury free

He sacrificed nearly $500,000 by backflipping on a three-year deal to join the Raiders in what was the biggest decision of his career. Having changed his mind at the 11th hour to stay with his junior club, Tedesco says the entire ordeal was something he struggled with.

“It was tough,” he recalls. “I’m glad I was doing it all when I was injured so I didn’t have to play. It does play on your mind a bit. A lot of people try and tell you different things so you have to take it all in. It was tough to go through but I’m glad I stayed. I’m glad the club showed some faith with the three year deal.”

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 7141664577
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I laughed at the part where he says raiders fans on twitter before the game were telling him to break a leg and he pretty much did :P

don't believe he is worse of in terms of $$$$$ just its now coming from 3rd party deals

we dodged a big bullet there
Vaccinated
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Blessing in disguise. We got Blake Austin instead and Jacky Boi at the back
In Ricky We Trust
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by BigPapa »

Brew wrote:Blessing in disguise. We got Blake Austin instead and Jacky Boi at the back
Couldn't agree more. :thumbsup
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Yep. He seems like a nice fella and is very exciting when he is fit but he is just too big a risk. Hope he goes well at the Tigs but I am glad we've got Wighton.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The fate of James Tedesco will be one of the more intriguing stories of 2015 methinks. The guy could be anything if he can return from injury and stays on the park - or he could end up like Campo.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Seiffert82 wrote:The fate of James Tedesco will be one of the more intriguing stories of 2015 methinks. The guy could be anything if he can return from injury and stays on the park - or he could end up like Campo.
An Australian and State Of Origin Rep player?
In Ricky We Trust
lars
Terry Campese

Post by lars »

I wonder how much tedescos change in running style will affect his play. Can't be easy to overhaul your running style and maintain the same instinctive manouvers.

I like how the article says the Tigers boast the youngest spine in the league but they fail to metion their 30 year old hooker. We've got a likely (?) spine just as young - wighton 21, Cornish 21, austin 23 and hodgson 25.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

He shouldnt do any more backflips

Cant see his knees holding up to them
Lord Funkington
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia Soliola

Post by Lord Funkington »

lars wrote:I wonder how much tedescos change in running style will affect his play. Can't be easy to overhaul your running style and maintain the same instinctive manouvers.

I like how the article says the Tigers boast the youngest spine in the league but they fail to metion their 30 year old hooker. We've got a likely (?) spine just as young - wighton 21, Cornish 21, austin 23 and hodgson 25.
In the afl, buddy franklin and Cyril Rioli both had their running styles completely overhauled at hawthorn, it doesn't seem to have done them any troubles...
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

lars wrote:I wonder how much tedescos change in running style will affect his play. Can't be easy to overhaul your running style and maintain the same instinctive manouvers.

You mean there is an NRL side in Canberra?!?!? Well ill be buggered. You learn something new every day :lol: :P Gotta love modern journo's, everyone can use google effectively, except them.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Seiffert82 wrote:The fate of James Tedesco will be one of the more intriguing stories of 2015 methinks. The guy could be anything if he can return from injury and stays on the park - or he could end up like Campo.
I don't think he was ever going to 'be anything'. Could have been a good running fullback but lacks in ball playing and not many really small fullbacks have gone on to be world class in the modern era.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Lord Funkington
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia Soliola

Post by Lord Funkington »

julian87 wrote:
I don't think he was ever going to 'be anything'. Could have been a good running fullback but lacks in ball playing and not many really small fullbacks have gone on to be world class in the modern era.
Remember he is only 21 or something. We're talking about him like he's a grizzled journeyman, he's got ten years ahead of him if he gets right.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Lord Funkington wrote:
julian87 wrote:
Remember he is only 21 or something. We're talking about him like he's a grizzled journeyman, he's got ten years ahead of him if he gets right.
Couple of ACL's (I think), ankle troubles and a shattered knee cap by 21. I'm glad we didn't sign him.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Yeah injuries can make you old pretty quickly in League land
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Lord Funkington wrote:
julian87 wrote:
Yeah, I reckon he has a stack of ability in him, and will develop his ballplaying if he can stay on the park.

Massive injury risk though. To be 21 and have buggered knees already can't be a good thing.

All things considered, I'm happy to go with Wighton.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Tedesco is not small he's bigger then wighton
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

*bump*

Found this article from today interesting. Sounds like salary cap rorting to me. I thought clubs weren't allowed to source third-party deals?

Tigers insider reveals staggering call to let Teddy walk, and the man they wanted to replace him

A Wests Tigers sponsor, businessman and fan has lifted the lid on his relationship with the club in relation to the botched retention of James Tedesco and how they eyed Karmichael Hunt and Michael Gordon as replacements.

“I get a call back two weeks later, it was Grant he said: ‘James is staying, he’s announcing it in an hour, can you get us the money?’

“I said my leverage was going to be going around people I knew and saying we need to keep him and in order to keep him we need to raise this money.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 3gasbkII3Q
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

julian87 wrote: December 3, 2014, 8:34 am
Lord Funkington wrote:
julian87 wrote:
Couple of ACL's (I think), ankle troubles and a shattered knee cap by 21. I'm glad we didn't sign him.
If Julian87 puts in for a job with Raiders recruitment I thing we need a strong screening process :roflmao
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

That post explains a lot about julian87 and his judgement on football talent I'd say. His George Williams hot takes are always high quality too.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

dubby wrote: June 5, 2014, 2:20 pm
The Nickman wrote:
legend wrote:Been falling for quite a while mate. When there is something good to write, I'll write it. Apart from a brief shining light in 2012, you'd have to go back to 2010 to write anything positive about the club, I'm sure you'd agree???
Absolutely. I just find it amusing that you only seem to pop up when we're at our worst, to rub your little blog in our faces.
He's like that.
Didn't legend make another rare appearance at the end of this season? :lol: