Hodgson signs with Raiders

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Hodgson signs with Raiders

Post by Seiffert82 »

T_R wrote:Pfft. You lot were arguing over his hooking ability and I was already predicting his shift into the halves.

Honestly, I'm so far ahead of the curve it's embarrassing
:lol:
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

charlie11 wrote:Just watched 56mins of the HullKR v Castleford,i dont see this fellow as an upgrade on any hooker we have really.One run at the 43rd min mark was it,not direct enough does not engage a and b defenders enough.
i miss charlie
Dont delete this GE
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

simo wrote:
charlie11 wrote:Just watched 56mins of the HullKR v Castleford,i dont see this fellow as an upgrade on any hooker we have really.One run at the 43rd min mark was it,not direct enough does not engage a and b defenders enough.
i miss charlie
He has a point, though. Just about any of the hookers we've had over the last decade would be leading the Dally Ms after 3 rounds, same as always.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Hodgson signs with Raiders

Post by Sid »

Schifty wrote:Serious lack of door busting gif in this thread.

That is the moment I was sold on the signing.
Last edited by Sid on March 22, 2016, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

T_R wrote:
simo wrote:
i miss charlie
He has a point, though. Just about any of the hookers we've had over the last decade would be leading the Dally Ms after 3 rounds, same as always.
theres some absolute crackers from charlie here. "I hope he fails". Classic charlie.
Dont delete this GE
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

This morbidly obese pommy plodder stole a hooking spot from good hard working Aussies

And somehow became our best signing for decades.
Bay 67
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Elliot Whitehead

Post by Bay 67 »

I'm still excited about Hodgson!
Raiders Lime, what they really drink in the dressing room.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

So does Bileduct believe that he's actually signed yet?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

T_R wrote:So does Bileduct believe that he's actually signed yet?
for the Broncos'?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Charlie would have moved on to the supporters forum for whichever NRL club Cronin's feeder club is associated with. Would that be the broncos forum?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's all speculation, you guys will believe anything
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Lenny Leonard wrote:
It's all speculation, you guys will believe anything
He doesn't even look that good, a bit overweight if you ask me, doesn't even engage the defenders, MITCH CRONIN!!
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

zim wrote:Charlie would have moved on to the supporters forum for whichever NRL club Cronin's feeder club is associated with. Would that be the broncos forum?
Exactly
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
zim wrote:Charlie would have moved on to the supporters forum for whichever NRL club Cronin's feeder club is associated with. Would that be the broncos forum?
Exactly
Edit Image
BrisbaneRaider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by BrisbaneRaider »

This thread was started on my birthday 2 years ago. What a present that ended up being.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Mod note , my note.

Stop changing my user name and I'll stop moderating your posts.

This is directed at Nickman and Pigman who are guilty of it. Its like a little tag team game you two have. You have no basis and when called on it the thread goes silent.

I'll ask you both nicely to stop.

I'll leave it at that.

Thanks in advance
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Ok gents, that's enough.
Stop the personal attacks.
I've had to moderate too much today.
Back on topic.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Yep, time to call stumps gents.

My turn for the moderation for a while; and while I am substantially better looking than Matt, I'm notoriously less tolerant. Can we get back on topic or the thread will be closed.

Thanks

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

T_R wrote:Yep, time to call stumps gents.

My turn for the moderation for a while; and while I am substantially better looking than Matt, I'm notoriously less tolerant. Can we get back on topic or the thread will be closed.

Thanks
:P
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

:D I invite you to continue your nonsensical carry-on in the more welcoming confines of the Lime Lounge.

Raiders Something
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Raiders Something »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

OK This thread will get cleaned up, RRA has asked nicely for this to stop, he's finding it offensive. Give it a rest. He deserves to be treated respectfully. Just as I call out name calling for everyone else.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Wow this is a random blast from the not so distant past. Almost everyone made some terrible calls in this thread too :P

Hodgson certainly showed us all up, no one predicted he could be a Dally M medal front runner in his 2nd season!

Of note on that, has an Englishmen won the Dally M before?
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Ultima wrote:Wow this is a random blast from the not so distant past. Almost everyone made some terrible calls in this thread too :P

Hodgson certainly showed us all up, no one predicted he could be a Dally M medal front runner in his 2nd season!

No
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Notaroboticfish wrote:
Ultima wrote:Wow this is a random blast from the not so distant past. Almost everyone made some terrible calls in this thread too :P

No
Billy Slater whinges like a Pom, so that's good enough for me to say an Englishman has won a dally m.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

What happened to bileduct?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Would of morphed into another form
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Its time for me to get a picture thingy, I know theres a thread on how to do it.

Sorry to be a pain mods but can I have a link, I think I asked about 2 years ago too!

1200 posts later........
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Greenhouse Issues board
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

greeneyed wrote:Greenhouse Issues board

Adding gifs and url's thread ?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Whatever Hodgsons contact extension was, we still got him for a steal. He is pure gold!
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

God there is some Hodgson love in the media. It's nice to look at something and say that we as a supporter group knew last year we had a special number 9, he is getting the recognition he deserves. Heard him called as currently the best hooker in the NRL.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

CJ42 wrote:God there is some Hodgson love in the media. It's nice to look at something and say that we as a supporter group knew last year we had a special number 9, he is getting the recognition he deserves. Heard him called as currently the best hooker in the NRL.
I heard his grandmother was born in Narrabri, which makes him a blue.

There's got to be a loophole here somewhere.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

-PJ- wrote:
CJ42 wrote:God there is some Hodgson love in the media. It's nice to look at something and say that we as a supporter group knew last year we had a special number 9, he is getting the recognition he deserves. Heard him called as currently the best hooker in the NRL.

Pretty selfish of me, but I'd be more than happy for Austin, Sezer, Wighton and Hodgson (although not eligible) to not be picked for origin.

**** derailing our season for that.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

DJ89 wrote:
-PJ- wrote:

Pretty selfish of me, but I'd be more than happy for Austin, Sezer, Wighton and Hodgson (although not eligible) to not be picked for origin.

**** derailing our season for that.
Haha yeah agreed.