Hodgson signs with Raiders

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Hodgson signs with Raiders

Post by Ultima »

Last edited by Ultima on August 5, 2014, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Re: Josh Hodgson reportedly signs with Raiders

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

He denied it yesterday...

He'll fit right in with our organization
Ultima
Laurie Daley

Post by Ultima »

As stated before the only player in the hooking role running around in Europe who could make the grade down here would be Roby but he is signed up for another three years and I can't see him doing a cruiser gate to get out of it...

Oh and thanks for someone updating the title, does look better now :P
Last edited by Ultima on June 20, 2014, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

All the goss is in the raiders signing speculation thread
1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Josh Hodgson reportedly signs with Raiders

Post by Toviii »

Welcome to the Raiders, Josh
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Ultima
Laurie Daley

Post by Ultima »

And that thread is WAY too busy, this is at least deserving of it's own thread as some people are claiming it's legit.

Oh and his "denial" is:

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Josh-Hod ... z3581T70B3
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It has a source, so it's fine to remain its own thread.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Sounds promising.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

The more I read about this the more excited I get. Just as I wasn't giving a **** the raiders drag me back in
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The idea to recruit from England wasn't such a bad idea afterall.

Time will tell. Recruiting from the ESL is like recruiting from Q Cup anyway.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

24 years old, 119 first grade games under his belt and has played for the England Knights (basically England 'A').

Sounds like there's some promise there.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Ultima
Laurie Daley

Post by Ultima »

He is certainly appears to be one of the better hookers in England, but it's very hit and miss how well they do over here. I haven't seen a Hull game this year wouldn't help I guess.

Some random stats:

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/playe ... mmary.html

He has a higher win rate than our coach, big conflict there...
SirMcSquid
David Furner

Post by SirMcSquid »

Could become the next Scott Moore
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

Sir McSquid wrote:Could become the next Scott Moore
That was my thought too. But who knows? Could be the next Burgess.

I was going to say maybe we'll get lucky and he's friends with the halfback, alas Hull KR's halves are Kris Keating and Travis Burns :lol:
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

I tell you what though, it's a damn strong message to Buttriss that he's being moved on.

First Ennis now Hodgson.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

Number 3 hooker in England sounds like something out of Borat.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Surely, John?!
Surely!!
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Ill believe he's signed when he arrives in Australia.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Its a positive linking. If we actually get him, even better
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Luke posted this on the signing spec thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uY7U639d8A

Worst case, we finally have someone who can get it together enough to dive over from dummy half.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Hull KR are demanding the Canberra Raiders to pay them six figure $ to release Josh Hodgson from the final 2 years of contract. #nrl
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Deal fly him over today. Think of it as the fat we would have to add to nab someone from Sydney.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Just looking at some games online. At the ESL level, this guy can play.

I have no idea how that translate to NRL.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Hull KR are demanding the Canberra Raiders to pay them six figure $ to release Josh Hodgson from the final 2 years of contract. #nrl
Raiders Something
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Raiders Something »

dubby wrote:Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

He seems to play quite a bit of first receiver, too.

Who knows if anything at ESL level has any meaning over here, but on the whole he looks really solid.

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Never heard of him.
This place is woke.
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Hull KR are demanding the Canberra Raiders to pay them six figure $ to release Josh Hodgson from the final 2 years of contract. #nrl
Can we just give them Campese, Tupou and White and call it even?
bileduct
Brett Mullins

Post by bileduct »

So first we signed him, then we are in negotiations for a release.

You guys will believe anything.
2014 Golden Boogs Award Winner
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

DJ89 wrote:
wouldnt want to deal with you if thats even :)
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
DJ89 wrote:
Yeah I kinda liked the Hull KR posters that were on here before, lets be kind and give them cash over ploder.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
DJ89 wrote:
Yea that's way in favour of hull KR, chuck in McCrone aswell and that evens it up
charlie11
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Gary Belcher

Post by charlie11 »

Why bother,i cant understand why Ricky doesnt try our untried hookers.COULD save a lot of money and get the same result or BETTER.