Roosters 13+
7%

Total votes: 29

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Grand Final V Roosters: Game Day

Post by greeneyed »

LastRaider wrote: October 9, 2019, 11:30 am
greeneyed wrote:BTW... I have long been a critic of the NRL Grand Final entertainment. But Sunday was just great. A act where even old people like me know the songs. It was presented brilliantly. Great performances. I really enjoyed it at the ground. Strangely Nine didn’t show all of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree it was great, but now they need to do something about half time. Those silly games in the middle then Darryl playing at the end and being cut off half way through with the players running on was ridiculous.

I think they should look to move the big act to half time and play a smaller act in the lead up
One of those "games" went on beyond the scheduled time for some reason... I wasn't paying enough attention to understand why. But it is second rate stuff, on your biggest day of the year.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BJ wrote: October 9, 2019, 11:12 am Back to ‘Six again’, Looking at the direction that the ball flies backwards and where it contacts Simonsson’s shoulder the ball is most likely to have hit both Tedesco and Simonsson. If it only contacted the Raiders player it would have most likely traveled more vertically.

When Annesley comes out and says it only hit a Raiders player, does he have any understanding of Physics and Parallax error?

I reckon a camera positioned in the right place would show the ball contacting both players. The referee who made the initial six again was probably in the best position to see the ball flight.
I don't understand why Annesley is so definitive that it didn't touch the Roosters player. The video evidence certainly shows it could have.

The thing that really annoys me about what Annesley said after the game was that he was simply aiming to protect the NRL's butt. Just repeating that the "right" call was made in the end. But it is like the touch judge flag in the air incident. Once it goes up... you can't take it down. It interferes with the play. Annesley has focused on how the "correct" call was made... eventually. But he should have given us a mea culpa on the error, which interfered with the play... and effectively turned the match. For a long time we've been saying... you wouldn't want a refereeing error like "that" to decide a Grand Final. Now we have one, and the NRL still hasn't admitted the huge stuff up, not offered an apology... nothing.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Peter wrote: October 9, 2019, 12:08 pm
greeneyed wrote: October 8, 2019, 8:03 pm I said before the game Sutton should have been in the team in place of Lui. Lui works incredibly hard, and I do admire him for what he’s achieved. He outplayed Paulo and Boyd in 2018, who were on much bigger pay packets, no doubt. But he doesn’t have enough impact, and has too many crucial errors in him. Next year we need some of the young middles stepping up to the next level. I agree with an earlier post that Lui would be a great role model in the club.

Wasn’t Lui one of our only players not to have made an error at some point toward the middle of the season? Is he a better starting player? I seem to remember that being the case but maybe I’m mistaken.
He was at that stage. But he was playing at his absolute best and other forwards were doing origin duty etc then when the comp went up a gear it seemed like same old "almost good enough" Lui again. It's not one error we're talking about. He made at least one absolute clanger 6 weeks in a row at the business end of the season.

He defended well mostly. Layed some good shots regularly which is why I am sure he kept being selected. There's not much between him and Sutton right now so they can fight it out again next year but I suspect Sutton will be gaining an edge on him by next season.

Jack Hetherington coming in is another wildcard. He's a different shape to Sutton and Lui though, so it depends if Ricky picks for a mix of middle shapes or just whoever he thinks is good.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: October 9, 2019, 1:26 pm
LastRaider wrote: October 9, 2019, 11:40 am
bonehead wrote:halftime was 17 minutes
That’s fine. Do a 15 minute set and extend half time to 25 minutes. It works in the NFL
Hmm. When we start getting artists the calbire of Prince and Beyonce you could make this argument.
It'd be a miracle if we could get Prince.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders welcomed home with Viking Clap at Raiders Belconnen: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/10 ... belconnen/

VIDEO: Players greeted by fans at Raiders Belconnen: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/10 ... belconnen/
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:
Roger Kenworthy wrote: October 9, 2019, 1:26 pm
LastRaider wrote: October 9, 2019, 11:40 am
bonehead wrote:halftime was 17 minutes
That’s fine. Do a 15 minute set and extend half time to 25 minutes. It works in the NFL
Hmm. When we start getting artists the calbire of Prince and Beyonce you could make this argument.
It'd be a miracle if we could get Prince.
I don’t know. I reckon there’s a good chance that the NRL executive would put a lot of time, money and effort into getting Prince to appear as the grand final entertainment.

Then spend more time justifying the failure.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: October 9, 2019, 1:38 pm
LastRaider wrote: October 9, 2019, 11:30 am
greeneyed wrote:BTW... I have long been a critic of the NRL Grand Final entertainment. But Sunday was just great. A act where even old people like me know the songs. It was presented brilliantly. Great performances. I really enjoyed it at the ground. Strangely Nine didn’t show all of it.

I agree it was great, but now they need to do something about half time. Those silly games in the middle then Darryl playing at the end and being cut off half way through with the players running on was ridiculous.

I think they should look to move the big act to half time and play a smaller act in the lead up
One of those "games" went on beyond the scheduled time for some reason... I wasn't paying enough attention to understand why. But it is second rate stuff, on your biggest day of the year.
I know the bloke who was running it :nooo
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Considering the ball flew horizontally and slightly right towards a Raiders player and not vertically off the top of the Raiders shoulder, the laws of Physics would suggest that the ball likely hit ‘both’ Tedesco and Simonsson.

The ball would have flown upwards and to the left if it had solely hit Simonsson on the Shoulder and neck as seen in this still.

Annesley is having a lend if he says footage proves that it only hit the Raiders player.

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

BJ wrote: October 9, 2019, 3:14 pm Considering the ball flew horizontally and slightly right towards a Raiders player and not vertically off the top of the Raiders shoulder, the laws of Physics would suggest that the ball likely hit ‘both’ Tedesco and Simonsson.

The ball would have flown upwards and to the left if it had solely hit Simonsson on the Shoulder and neck as seen in this still.

Annesley is having a lend if he says footage proves that it only hit the Raiders player.

There must have been a second spitter.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I've spent a few days off the grid as much as possible to recover, I think i'm almost recovering enough to join regular society.

I know we played well, but I just can't be watching the replay to dissect it. I just can't.

I've said for a long time that for the Raiders to win the comp, we probably had to cover a spread of 10-15% on and off the field to beat the 'have' teams. It is so hard to take that we covered one of the top 2 'have' teams but just didn't end up with the trophy. We did enough. I always believed since mid-year that we'd win it so to face the reality of how damn close we got is difficult. The further I get away from full time, the worse it hurts, it was right there. We did enough to win on the day.

One of the most painful parts of the loss was walking out 10 minutes after full time before the ceremony and seeing heaps of Roosters fans streaming out. It was obvious to see on the day that the trophy meant more to us than them. Imagine not even caring enough to watch your team lift the trophy. I know it is probably a small thing but it really kicked me in the guts to witness it.

I loved this season and come the final day, I couldn't fault the effort or commitment of a solitary player. The club gave it everything this season. In all my time supporting the Raiders, i've never seen anything like the groundswell of support inside and outside the stadium on Sunday. My heart was so full of pride, it almost makes up for the loss. If you didn't go, make sure you move heaven and earth to make the next one, it is unbelievable...literally beyond belief, to witness how many passionate fans we have. I expected us to have more support than them, but not to the extreme degree it was. Raiders fans in and around the brewery were probably 30-1, and I noted the jerseys were just a complete mix of right across the eras so these people have been there all along.

This season was bloody briliant, despite the final 5 minutes. I hope we use this to go 1 better next year. And if we do I won't be leaving that stadium until every player has left the ground.
Last edited by Woodgers on October 9, 2019, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
scooter
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by scooter »

I think someone mentioned this previously... that old fashioned one-on-one around-the-legs tackles, like the one Leilua made on Cordner that ultimately created the overlaps for the Roosters on the shortside, reap absolutely no reward in the modern game because the tackler will more often than not find himself out of position and give away a quick play-the-ball.

Strictly from a defensive formation perspective in general, it almost would have been better off for Leilua to hang off the ball carrier slightly to allow more help to arrive so that we get numbers in the tackle, and don't end up exposing ourselves to a potential overlap. The downside of that is you are likely to concede a lot of metres, but the upside is you create a dominant tackle, thus allowing the tacklers to take a fraction longer to peel off and therefore slow down the play the ball.

In saying that, the play that the Roosters pulled off to score the winning try was just a very clever heads up play by Keary who quickly identified a 3-on-2 opportunity which also involved a high risk flick pass by Mitchell that could have gone astray, so perhaps it was purely a moment of clever opportunistic brilliance rather than a defensive oversight on our part.

Of course, the other solution would be for the inside defender(s) to be able to recognise that Leilua (or whoever making the one-on-one tackle) was out of position, and come across in cover much much sooner.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

BJ wrote: October 9, 2019, 3:14 pm Considering the ball flew horizontally and slightly right towards a Raiders player and not vertically off the top of the Raiders shoulder, the laws of Physics would suggest that the ball likely hit ‘both’ Tedesco and Simonsson.

There is absolutely no way anyone can definitively say whether that ball hit Tedesco or not. Not a single angle of the play clearly shows the ball only hit Simonsson. The pocket ref may have had a better view of the contact, but he was literally 15 metres away so I doubt it.

Annesley clearly just wants the controversy to go away. As does Cummins, who denied any wrongdoing despite video and audio evidence to the contrary. They both look stupid as a result.

This is a game played and refereed by humans, so mistakes will be made. That's part of the deal. Denying those mistakes or making out the correct decision was made, when it actually wasn't, just throws fuel on the fire. They have handled it appallingly. The game has come and gone. Just say that the incident wasn't ideal and the (ambiguous) call should never have been reversed, in accordance with the rules of the game - not some Bull story about how the correct decision was clearly made.
Last edited by Seiffert82 on October 9, 2019, 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

Woodgers wrote: October 9, 2019, 4:01 pm I've spent a few days off the grid as much as possible to recover, I think i'm almost recovering enough to join regular society.

I know we played well, but I just can't be watching the replay to dissect it. I just can't.

I've said for a long time that for the Raiders to win the comp, we probably had to cover a spread of 10-15% on and off the field to beat the 'have' teams. It is so hard to take that we covered one of the top 2 'have' teams but just didn't end up with the trophy. We did enough. I always believed since mid-year that we'd win it so to face the reality of how damn close we got is difficult. The further I get away from full time, the worse it hurts, it was right there. We did enough to win on the day.

One of the most painful parts of the loss was walking out 10 minutes after full time before the ceremony and seeing heaps of Roosters fans streaming out. It was obvious to see on the day that the trophy meant more to us than them. Imagine not even caring enough to watch your team lift the trophy. I know it is probably a small thing but it really kicked me in the guts to witness it.

I loved this season and come the final day, I couldn't fault the effort or commitment of a solitary player. The club gave it everything this season. In all my time supporting the Raiders, i've never seen anything like the groundswell of support inside and outside the stadium on Sunday. My heart was so full of pride, it almost makes up for the loss. If you didn't go, make sure you move heaven and earth to make the next one, it is unbelievable...literally beyond belief, to witness how many passionate fans we have. I expected us to have more support than them, but not to the extreme degree it was. Raiders fans in and around the brewery were probably 30-1, and I noted the jerseys were just a complete mix of right across the eras so these people have been there all along.

This season was bloody briliant, despite the final 5 minutes. I hope we use this to go 1 better next year. And if we do I won't be leaving that stadium until every player has left the ground.
I said the same thing to my daughter as we left the stadium. There were many Roosters supporters more concerned about getting on the train rather than soaking up a premiership.

My heart broke a bit about what could have been had we won. The place would have gone off, we would have been absolutely euphoric.

Very proud to be a Raiders supporter. Onwards to 2020.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yeah, obviously a few thousand Roosters supporters stayed around to watch the presentation (and boo Jack Wighton for being the best player on the field), but the small number of Roosters supporters on the train were very subdued among the Raiders fans (who clearly outnumbered them by at least 10-1).

I'm sure most of them were too intimidated to mouth off or celebrate too vocally, but I also think they knew they got away with a grand final under extremely controversial circumstances.

One try off a refs judgement call that isn't actually catered for under the rules of the game (the ball hitting a trainer - who actually isn't a 'match official') and another try off a reversed call that was made against the rules of the game. We completely dominated them in that second half and were so close to cracking them open in that last 15 minutes. It would have been a pretty hollow victory.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders boss wanted trainer crackdown before grand final

Raiders chief executive Don Furner advocated for trainers to spend less time on the field long before the grand-final debacle and wants to explore repeat offenders being penalised mid-match to stop the "blight" on the game.

"That rule is archaic and was made when trainers weren't spending half their time on the field. Trainers aren't standing out there treating any injuries or even giving out drinks, they're standing out there directing the attack and passing messages on.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/raider ... 52yrm.html
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

-TW- wrote: October 9, 2019, 11:41 am And one republic played for what felt like an hour

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Nah, that was just the length of time it took them to set up the rig and stage. Seriously, I was timing that, took them forty minutes. I was very worried they wouldn't get it down in time.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I don't for a second think the officials were out to get us, or there is any conspiracy or anything. They reffed the game in front of them. As i've said all along as a ref you have in the back of your mind the biggest consequences and the Raiders are near the bottom of that list.

We are who we are. I am pleased that despite everything we've worked ourselves as the best team in comp and missed out on the prize. My fear is our team or footy won't be decent enough come GF again to push through. How rare is it that you're the best team running around on GF day?
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Referees broke NRL rules with controversial 'six again' backflip

It's the rule that shows that even when the NRL says they got the decision right, they actually got it wrong.

Rule 16.9, which governs when referees can change their calls, states once Cummins had signalled six again he can only change that decision due to foul play.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

greeneyed wrote: October 9, 2019, 1:33 pm
pacman wrote: October 9, 2019, 11:09 am Have been thinking a lot about the match and what 90% of the reports have focused on. The controversial calls really hurt and maybe we would have won with one or more of them going our way but we can't be sure of that. If we removed them from the picture and we still didn't win, we would be easily able to focus on where we need to improve.

And that's what I'm choosing to take from the match. Our defence was strong, go forward was excellent but little creativity or structure in attack. It was a very 2019 Raiders performance.

If we can continue the defensive work that has taken us so far this year and really focus on our attack (Hi George), I really believe 2020 is going to be something special. I am super excited (and scared for shattered expectations)! :)
I think that there is something in that. I was saying two months out from the finals that the attack needed to improve... and it did, but not by enough. We needed to offer more threat with the ball in the Grand Final, and just couldn't quite get there. I don't think we could ask anything else of the defence.

It has been an incredible season, but it'll be important for the club to keep developing and evolving. I think one of the mistakes of 2016 was that we thought we just needed to keep that squad together and we'd win a premiership. It'll be important to freshen up the squad again with a bit of new blood... George Williams is a good start.

I admit, I'm proud, but still shattered and depressed. I went over to The Canberra Times to try and get a copy of Monday's edition. Sold out yesterday, not a copy to be had. The nice woman at the desk printed the front page in life size version for me instead... which was really nice of her. Have to admit I teared up just walking out of their office with it.

https://twitter.com/daveray99/status/11 ... 6105817088
Spot on mate. Would love to see some statistics on things such as dropouts forced or tries where 4+ players were involved in the play for this season. I'm sure we would be near the bottom on both.

If George Williams can provide this much needed boost, the NRL is going to need a lot more dodgy referee decisions to stop us!
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Chicka Chicka Chicka wrote: October 9, 2019, 5:32 pm
Woodgers wrote: October 9, 2019, 4:01 pm I've spent a few days off the grid as much as possible to recover, I think i'm almost recovering enough to join regular society.

I said the same thing to my daughter as we left the stadium. There were many Roosters supporters more concerned about getting on the train rather than soaking up a premiership.

My heart broke a bit about what could have been had we won. The place would have gone off, we would have been absolutely euphoric.

Very proud to be a Raiders supporter. Onwards to 2020.
Agree with you both. We were right in the GF up to our eyeballs right until the hooter. Great season. Whatever else, this was also an all time infamous/epic GF- just we were on the Tigers end this time.

Yeah so many Roosters fans not even celebrating afterward- we couldn't believe it. It means nothing to them? Or they were scared of setting off all the raiders fans (who were pretty well behaved)?

We were 8 in our group- jerseys ranging from a Woodgers era original, white Canberra Milk original through to a 2019 Indigenous round (hideous, but lucky until GF day), a Raiders army t shirt, a tailor made 80s era Raiders logo sports blazer (think Hawkey's Americas Cup jacket) and all else in between.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders boss wanted trainer crackdown before grand final

Raiders chief executive Don Furner advocated for trainers to spend less time on the field long before the grand-final debacle and wants to explore repeat offenders being penalised mid-match to stop the "blight" on the game.

"That rule is archaic and was made when trainers weren't spending half their time on the field. Trainers aren't standing out there treating any injuries or even giving out drinks, they're standing out there directing the attack and passing messages on.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/raider ... 52yrm.html
For anyone who has put themselves through watching the replay - was the trainer treating an injured player prior to being hit?

Orange shirt trainers are only allowed on the field to treat an injury. Blue shirt trainers run water and messages and are only allowed on the field between tackles 2 and 4.

So if no injury the trainer has actually broken two rules by simply being on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Smurfette
Brett Mullins

Post by Smurfette »

RTW wrote: October 9, 2019, 7:10 pm For anyone who has put themselves through watching the replay - was the trainer treating an injured player prior to being hit?

Orange shirt trainers are only allowed on the field to treat an injury. Blue shirt trainers run water and messages and are only allowed on the field between tackles 2 and 4.

So if no injury the trainer has actually broken two rules by simply being on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Can’t bring myself to watch any part of it again, but this article (posted by GE above) says no injury.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... -backflip/
Last edited by Smurfette on October 9, 2019, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Time to move on from this. It’s done and dusted
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Moving on is one thing. Using this farce as a catalyst to get rid of trainers who shouldn't be there is another. It has been a blight on the game for years.

It's an absolute joke that a trainer who should never have been allowed on the field, advantaged his team and impacted a game (let alone a Grand Final) like that. It's a joke and it needs to be called out.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There were no injuries. The trainer was on the field from the start and he was on field for both the Roosters' initial sets.

I'm not "moving on", myself, given that there were two obvious injustices in the Grand Final, both of which led to the two tries for the Roosters.

I don't think the referees made the wrong call in "Trainergate"... but the Roosters were breaching the NRL guidelines on situations where the trainer is permitted on field. I've no doubt the Raiders were probably doing the same thing. In my view, the fans should be keeping the pressure on the NRL to fix this situation. The current rules and/or enforcement of them are wrong/inadequate.

On #6again, I'm still furious that Graham Annesley has not admitted that it was wrong what happened and that it was seriously costly for the Raiders. All we've heard from the NRL on this is butt covering... and now they've run for the hills. It is completely unacceptable and something needs to be done to fix the serious problems in the officiating department.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Seiffert82 wrote: October 9, 2019, 7:31 pm Moving on is one thing. Using this farce as a catalyst to get rid of trainers who shouldn't be there is another. It has been a blight on the game for years.

It's an absolute joke that a trainer who should never have been allowed on the field, advantaged his team and impacted a game (let alone a Grand Final) like that. It's a joke and it needs to be called out.
And the **** smug look on his face after it happened enrages me the most
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: October 9, 2019, 6:27 pm Referees broke NRL rules with controversial 'six again' backflip

It's the rule that shows that even when the NRL says they got the decision right, they actually got it wrong.

Rule 16.9, which governs when referees can change their calls, states once Cummins had signalled six again he can only change that decision due to foul play.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
FINALLY! It's taken far too long for the mainstream press to pick up on this. Cummins didn't just mess up, he BROKE THE RULES to do it! Annesley needs to be accountable for this!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Raider Azz wrote: October 9, 2019, 7:47 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: October 9, 2019, 7:31 pm Moving on is one thing. Using this farce as a catalyst to get rid of trainers who shouldn't be there is another. It has been a blight on the game for years.

And the **** smug look on his face after it happened enrages me the most
This issue almost pisses me off more than the #6again fiasco, which was just a **** call by one person.

For years the NRL have known these trainers were an issue. They have tried to stop it by issuing pissant fines to clubs as a disincentive. It's not good enough.

Every NRL game has a third referee at the ground as a reserve in case one of the top two get injured (it has happened). It should be this third refs job to monitor the trainers and only allow them on the field in accordance with the rules.

In addition to that, the rules should be changed so that if a trainer inadvertently or intentionally touches the ball or interferes with an opposition player, a penalty is immediately awarded to the other team.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What I don't understand is this... how on earth is that rule still in place... given the existence of the bunker, which overturns decisions all the time! It is incomprehensible to me. The spirit of the rule, however, is sensible... because what happened on Sunday night simply shouldn't happen.

The touchie putting the flag up... then down... shouldn't happen.

The referee signalling six again... then saying last tackle... shouldn't happen.

What are the players supposed to do if the officials do this? When play is underway, they're already reacting to the first call. If such an error is made... play has to somehow stop and be restarted in a fair fashion.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I’m still filthy.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I can’t believe people are talking next season already too. I can’t watxh replays either it’s burned into my brain. Was on the fence where the 6 again happened so i have my own close up burned into my brain forever.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

2019 Grand Final V Roosters: Game Day

Post by Dusty »

I haven’t watched a replay, bought a paper, read an article, watched the news, watched Fox Sports News, turned a sports channel on or visited a RL website.
I have deleted Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
It’s the only way I can deal with it

I’ve watch 3 seasons of Animal Kingdom

Good show

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

I think it is disappointing that such a fantastic grand final has been overshadowed by some controversial decisions. It was such an amazing run to the grand final for the team. Beating the storm in Melbourne against all odd, the most incredible atmosphere at Bruce stadium ever and amazing scenes when Papalii scored.

I enjoyed the day of the grand final so much. The amount of raiders fans from the city to Homebush. The festival feeling at the ground and just being a part of the day.

I was worried that we would be blown off the park but we hung tough for the full 80 minutes and probably created enough chances to ice it but a combination of the final pass not sticking and the roosters defence being top notch stood between us and victory.

The roosters had one decent attacking chance in the second half and made it stick.

There were some bad calls that went both ways in the game. Whitehead dropped a ball cold when he was hanging onto the tackler and got a penalty.

I am disappointed because after following the raiders since the mid 80’s I have a real appreciation of how hard it is to make a grand final let alone win one. This season is no guarantee that regardless of how well we go next year we will be there again. When you get there you really want to make them count and it is heart breaking to come so close.

Overall though, I enjoyed the day so much that even the result didn’t take the gloss off it and I am genuinely confident that this playing group will win one in the next couple of years.
casta66
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Laurie

Post by casta66 »

Has anyone mentioned the 2 Roosters fans who managed to get tickets in the front row of our supporters bay? They were carrying on a treat. I am a peaceful guy, but I said to my mate 'they better be careful'. They were turning around to the crowd signalling everytime something went well for the Roosters. Did anyone else feel like throwing decorum out the window and mobbing them?
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

greeneyed wrote: October 9, 2019, 7:42 pm There were no injuries. The trainer was on the field from the start and he was on field for both the Roosters' initial sets.

I'm not "moving on", myself, given that there were two obvious injustices in the Grand Final, both of which led to the two tries for the Roosters.

I don't think the referees made the wrong call in "Trainergate"... but the Roosters were breaching the NRL guidelines on situations where the trainer is permitted on field. I've no doubt the Raiders were probably doing the same thing. In my view, the fans should be keeping the pressure on the NRL to fix this situation. The current rules and/or enforcement of them are wrong/inadequate.

On #6again, I'm still furious that Graham Annesley has not admitted that it was wrong what happened and that it was seriously costly for the Raiders. All we've heard from the NRL on this is butt covering... and now they've run for the hills. It is completely unacceptable and something needs to be done to fix the serious problems in the officiating department.
Is this info and evidence posted to any newspapers, blogs, tv shows etc (cos sending it to the NRL is waste of time, they are purely media reactionary). Nothing to do with the result but yeah, nice if it was acknowledged and the trainers pissed off.