All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: Corey Harawira-Naera reportedly wants release to join Raiders

Post by simo »

hrundi89 wrote: July 21, 2020, 12:18 pm
Love4Noa wrote: July 21, 2020, 8:24 am Whole bunch of Torontoarians just became available.

How much money do we or the Roosters have available for some lad known by 3 letters?
It's Torontonians.
Torontino’s
Dont delete this GE
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Beejay wrote:
BJ wrote: July 21, 2020, 9:57 am McCrone off the Grand Final bench for the Raiders in the final minute to win the game with a try from his misdirected grabber off legs and heads. From whipping boy to Raiders legend in two minutes.

Zzzzzz oh I’ve just woken up after the craziest dream.
BUNKER REF INTO THE MIC " ... Josh McCrone's pass bounces off Joseph Tapine's head, it doesn't touch his hands, we are going through to grounding..."
I remember a game years back this happened to us against Melbourne, ball straight off Inglis' noggin, he ran through the line and scored

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

This podcast episode has plenty of quality McCrone content (mostly about the "Do you believe in hoodoos?" 2011 home win over the Dragons)

https://play.acast.com/s/nrl-boom-rooki ... oubelieve-

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3ZF4OO ... pG9ipiLigw
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Beejay wrote: July 21, 2020, 1:04 pm
BJ wrote: July 21, 2020, 9:57 am McCrone off the Grand Final bench for the Raiders in the final minute to win the game with a try from his misdirected grabber off legs and heads. From whipping boy to Raiders legend in two minutes.

Zzzzzz oh I’ve just woken up after the craziest dream.
BUNKER REF INTO THE MIC " ... Josh McCrone's pass bounces off Joseph Tapine's head, it doesn't touch his hands, we are going through to grounding..."
:lol:

Would at least make for a pretty easy bunker decision given the ball would be nowhere near Tapine's hands from a McCrone special.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

luke wrote: July 21, 2020, 1:40 pm This podcast episode has plenty of quality McCrone content (mostly about the "Do you believe in hoodoos?" 2011 home win over the Dragons)

Some of those wins during really tough times were pretty good. That Dragons win after Soward kicked the field goal and we got it back from kick off with about a minute to go was classic. McCrone grubbered to Dugan from memory??

Anyway there are some real roses results amongst many seasons of thorns that are absolute crackers.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
luke
John Ferguson

Post by luke »

Old School Green wrote: July 21, 2020, 1:57 pm
luke wrote: July 21, 2020, 1:40 pm This podcast episode has plenty of quality McCrone content (mostly about the "Do you believe in hoodoos?" 2011 home win over the Dragons)

Some of those wins during really tough times were pretty good. That Dragons win after Soward kicked the field goal and we got it back from kick off with about a minute to go was classic. McCrone grubbered to Dugan from memory??

Anyway there are some real roses results amongst many seasons of thorns that are absolute crackers.
Yep, on the second tackle
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Beejay wrote: July 20, 2020, 10:20 pm
-TW- wrote: July 20, 2020, 10:16 pm Adam Elliott sucks, why are we even looking at him

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Good negotiation tactic on both Dogs and CHN.
Hopefully that’s all it is
He's been playing well this year, not like trash at all. Looks likely with the ball. It could be an anomaly, or maybe he's turned a corner
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

luke wrote: July 21, 2020, 2:02 pm

Questionable grounding too from memory. :)
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
luke
John Ferguson

Post by luke »

Northern Raider wrote: July 21, 2020, 2:09 pm

Questionable grounding too from memory. :)
yep and awarded without going upstairs :lol:
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Imagine losing John Bateman and replacing him with Adam Elliott...
I’d rather bring back Luke Bateman or JJ Collins

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

For all his faults McCrone put in a lot more effort and heart than a few of those other players from around a decade ago.

I’ll remember him more fondly than Dugan and now maybe Cotric. Definitely more fondly than Orford and Frawley.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Brew wrote: July 21, 2020, 2:29 pm Imagine losing John Bateman and replacing him with Adam Elliott...
I’d rather bring back Luke Bateman or JJ Collins

Except thats not what we are doing...Adam Elliott has had a really good season regardless.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

BJ wrote:For all his faults McCrone put in a lot more effort and heart than a few of those other players from around a decade ago.

I’ll remember him more fondly than Dugan and now maybe Cotric. Definitely more fondly than Orford and Frawley.
he gave his all, games and training and you can't knock that

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

simo wrote: July 21, 2020, 1:07 pm
hrundi89 wrote: July 21, 2020, 12:18 pm
Love4Noa wrote: July 21, 2020, 8:24 am Whole bunch of Torontoarians just became available.

How much money do we or the Roosters have available for some lad known by 3 letters?
It's Torontonians.
Torontino’s
Yeah nah.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

BJ wrote: July 21, 2020, 2:32 pm For all his faults McCrone put in a lot more effort and heart than a few of those other players from around a decade ago.

I can barely remember McCrone... we used to watch and play "The McCrone Game", in which you drank every time Mc Crone did something stupid or something brilliant. It helped in those dark days. So yeah, I barely remember McCrone...
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

BadnMean wrote:
BJ wrote: July 21, 2020, 2:32 pm For all his faults McCrone put in a lot more effort and heart than a few of those other players from around a decade ago.

I can barely remember McCrone... we used to watch and play "The McCrone Game", in which you drank every time Mc Crone did something stupid or something brilliant. It helped in those dark days. So yeah, I barely remember McCrone...
How did you choose to drink in one home game against the Storm when McCrone threw a great cut out ball for a try and the ref after a Cam Smith complaint incorrectly calling it forward and later in the half he kicked a 40/20 only for the touch judge to inexplicably raise his flag 50cm from the line and claimed it wasn’t a 40/20. You would have had to drink double the amount to cover all scenarios.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

BJ wrote: July 21, 2020, 4:49 pm
BadnMean wrote:

How did you choose to drink in one home game against the Storm when McCrone threw a great cut out ball for a try and the ref after a Cam Smith complaint incorrectly calling it forward and later in the half he kicked a 40/20 only for the touch judge to inexplicably raise his flag 50cm from the line and claimed it wasn’t a 40/20. You would have had to drink double the amount to cover all scenarios.
Heavily.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Good call badnmean
GMGT
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Johnny Bateman

Post by GMGT »

It's official, Trent Barrett announced as Bulldogs coach on a 3 year deal, watch this one fall over shortly after.

Source: Nrl 360 (live)
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

With seventeen seconds to spare.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN HOODOOS? DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?!

A very fond memory.

I did love McCrone purely for the amount of heart he played with.

Someone on reddit suggested we might be going for a fellow from the Broncos, Bullemor. Is he good? The Broncos fans weren't too happy that they might lose him.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

raiderskater wrote:

With seventeen seconds to spare.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN HOODOOS? DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?!

A very fond memory.

I did love McCrone purely for the amount of heart he played with.

Someone on reddit suggested we might be going for a fellow from the Broncos, Bullemor. Is he good? The Broncos fans weren't too happy that they might lose him.
see speculation thread

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Wasn't this meant to be sorted by today?
I reckon he will stay with the Bulldogs...Hope I'm wrong
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Barrett is on board now, and he's got a really good relationship with him, so maybe he resolves it.
Im still feeling pretty confident this will work out in our favour
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

It would be nice to get some good news for a change this season.
GMGT
Simon Woolford

Post by GMGT »

Bulldogs have made their move, time to make ours...
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

He may have a great relationship with Barrett, but it was the Bulldogs board who basically said ‘yep, this man EDIT’ when he did nothing of the sort.

How could you keep working for management who threw you under the bus like that?
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
GMGT
Simon Woolford

Post by GMGT »

Within the next two weeks our forward pack could get very interesting, and look very strong considering all of the injuries.

8. Papalii
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Starling
15. Sutton
16. Young
17. CHN

That is probably what I would be running with.
The international back row gets re-united and the bench has more than enough punch and firepower.

When we are at full strength Ricky is going to have plenty of selection headaches..
You still have to find a spot for horsburgh, guler and soliola in what is already a very strong pack. This is why I think we will be peaking at the perfect time, if we get those 3 back before the finals we undoubtedly have the best forward pack in the comp.

When the whips are cracking at seasons end, and If we are injury free Soliola comes in for Lui for mine, Big red comes in for young, and guler probably just misses out or comes in for sutton. Either way, they are all tough decisions and I'm even getting headaches trying to put together our forward pack at full strength.. we have some incredible depth.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

So, GMGT, the real question is...are we getting CHN or not? Your insight on the matter is very important to me.

You like having cracks at other posters for their contribution. It's time for you to put your money where your mouth is.

Are we signing CHN?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Timbo wrote: July 22, 2020, 12:33 pm He may have a great relationship with Barrett, but it was the Bulldogs board who basically said ‘yep, this man EDIT’ when he did nothing of the sort.

How could you keep working for management who threw you under the bus like that?
Yeah i think i would find it tough to want to work for them, but footy clubs and footy players are often a bit different to you and i.
Im feeling there is a pretty good chance we'll get him. Not based on anything but a gut feel
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

It would sure be something to potentially have the NZ and England backrow duos playing for us in a couple weeks.

Dylan’s Raiders
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

The Canberra Times is reporting that we’ve offered CHN a 2.5 year deal effective immediately. Bulldogs are trying to convince him to stay. Fingers crossed they release him soon!

Canberra Raiders offer Canterbury Bulldogs forward Corey Harawira-Naera two-year deal

The Canberra Raiders have offered want-away Canterbury Bulldogs forward Corey Harawira-Naera a two-year-and-a-half deal. It's now up to the Bulldogs whether they release him.

"It's up to Canterbury. If they release him, we'd like to get him, but the ball's in their court. That makes up for John going that's all," Raiders chief executive Don Furner said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

If CHN has made a decision it don't matter what the Dogs are saying to him..

He'd be angry with how he was treated, he's on the high ground here.

Get him down here, give him a big green welcome and let's get on with it..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

whens the earliest chn can play? is he quarantined?
Dont delete this GE
GMGT
Simon Woolford

Post by GMGT »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 22, 2020, 12:55 pm So, GMGT, the real question is...are we getting CHN or not? Your insight on the matter is very important to me.

You like having cracks at other posters for their contribution. It's time for you to put your money where your mouth is.

Are we signing CHN?
Funny how you say this whilst having a crack at me, when you have no clue if he's coming or not. Put your money when your mouth is, champ
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

simo wrote: July 22, 2020, 2:36 pm whens the earliest chn can play? is he quarantined?
Even if the Dogs released him today I'll guess next week v Cows..if he's had a flu shot !

Got to remember he hasn't played in 2020.

Did the Dogs trial before Port Macquarie ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: