7%

Total votes: 15

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: 2021 Trial V Roosters: Teams and Game Day *Teams p1*

Post by zim »

Seiffert82 wrote: February 28, 2021, 10:28 pm Friend was only just hanging in there before both Verrills and Radley got injured.

I'd love it if he was their first choice dummy half the entire season. It's just about the most important position on the field and at this stage of his career he's starting to struggle.
It doesn't matter. Trent Robinson loves him and will back him to the hilt. He just watched Friend get through a winning origin series. That's not going to make him question his choice.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

no charges out of our games on the weekend. horse clear
Dont delete this GE
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Think the potato vision saved him tbh

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: March 1, 2021, 10:41 am Think the potato vision saved him tbh

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
There was definitely nothing wrong with the one in the NRL trial in my view... and I simply couldn't tell in the case of the NSW Cup incident, it was too obscured.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

The trial was a missed opportunity for dusting the cobwebs of a Viking Clap.. now the timing is going to be all out come Round 1

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Sid wrote: March 1, 2021, 11:02 am The trial was a missed opportunity for dusting the cobwebs of a Viking Clap.. now the timing is going to be all out come Round 1

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Season over. I blame Victor myself.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'Proud moment' as veteran Ryan James makes successful return with Canberra Raiders

Ryan James joked his almost three-year-old son has finally realised that "Dad doesn't just train" after the Raiders prop's long-awaited return to action.

"I wasn't supposed to play the first half of the second game but I was lucky enough to get out there and do it, and that was probably my best stint, so I was happy I did," James said.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/01/pro ... ul-return/

‘Very nervous’: Ryan James ends injury-stricken 678-day wait to return to action: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 5e85262893
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Interesting that he wasn't expecting to play the first grade trial. He certainly slotted in no problems. Must have been good for him to jump a couple of mental hurdles.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Raiders Captain Josh Hodgson could not be any happier after making a successful return following a knee injury in 2020. The Hooker spoke about the positives from Saturday's trial match while also dishing out praise to his two halves, Jack Wighton and George Williams: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/03 ... th-halves/
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

BadnMean wrote: March 1, 2021, 9:09 am
RedRaider wrote: February 28, 2021, 8:17 pm I understand he is 18 so can play NRL should he be selected. Sticky never rushes young players though. I think Sticky has it right to have players physically and mentally mature enough to have a crack at first grade. The highlight reels show he sure can run but there is not much for when he doesn't have the ball. It is half the game.
He's still growing into footy player size vs sprinting size. Guys like Cotric and Papa are physical freaks who can roll with the men at 18. Most cases it'll be another year or two later at least.
Do you reckon he needs the toughest pre-season ever BnM? :) I think there are too many players in front of him on our flanks this season. I agree with your prediction of another year or two. Once Rapa decides to hang up the boots there will be a pathway for the player that wants it the most.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: March 2, 2021, 4:44 pm
Do you reckon he needs the toughest pre-season ever BnM? :) I think there are too many players in front of him on our flanks this season. I agree with your prediction of another year or two. Once Rapa decides to hang up the boots there will be a pathway for the player that wants it the most.
Well he's just had 1 toughest pre-season ever, at this stage I suggest he just begin taking it one game at a time and probably giving full credit to the boys.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders English recruit Harry Rushton reveals all about his first appearance on Australian soil

Harry Rushton made his first appearance for Canberra last weekend, figuring in two back-to-back friendlies. The second game saw him face New South Wales back-rower Angus Crichton, and Rushton said: "He's a big boy, skillful, he got me a couple of times... I tried to get him back but I'm not too sure how well I did! It was great to have that at the start and build from that."

Read more: https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ce-3151192
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

BadnMean wrote: March 2, 2021, 4:53 pm
RedRaider wrote: March 2, 2021, 4:44 pm
Well he's just had 1 toughest pre-season ever, at this stage I suggest he just begin taking it one game at a time and probably giving full credit to the boys.
While leaving nothing in the tank? :)