Raiders player signing speculation 2021

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2021

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

I’d prefer Frawley over Brooks. At least Frawley can manage a few repeat sets per game
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Pretty hilarious that our two options for the halves have played one finals match amongst their 270+ combined matches. That's actually an impressive statistical anomaly.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: July 20, 2021, 10:40 am Pretty hilarious that our two options for the halves have played one finals match amongst their 270+ combined matches. That's actually an impressive statistical anomaly.
Reminds me the browns factory of sadness clip (google it if you havent seen it, lot of connective tissue in there for Raiders fans)
"Do you understand that it is actually statistically harder for a team to be this consistently bad, than it is for them to occasionally accidently be good?
The probability is staggering!"
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

chris83 wrote: July 20, 2021, 10:02 am
mongoose wrote: July 20, 2021, 9:17 am Brooks is so uninspiring. I haven't watched many Tigers games this year but I caught some of the game against the Broncos. All he does it shovel the ball side to side, kicking game is average, predictable. He plays like someone who has no passion for the game and just does it for a job.
I was vaguely on board but I'm the same, I watched the Bronx game and he just was going through the motions, then I watched the tigers documentary and he doesn't seem to be interested, the only time he spoke he was nonsensical
Been brought up a couple times now - this has got to be the weirdest shot I've seen towards the guy so far :lol:

It was perfectly understandable. What part did you not manage to get? The part where he's using a code word for one of their plays/shapes?

Because you aren't supposed to get that part. That's why it's code.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

afgtnk wrote: July 20, 2021, 11:06 am
mongoose wrote: July 20, 2021, 9:17 am Brooks is so uninspiring. I haven't watched many Tigers games this year but I caught some of the game against the Broncos. All he does it shovel the ball side to side, kicking game is average, predictable. He plays like someone who has no passion for the game and just does it for a job.
I was vaguely on board but I'm the same, I watched the Bronx game and he just was going through the motions, then I watched the tigers documentary and he doesn't seem to be interested, the only time he spoke he was nonsensical
Been brought up a couple times now - this has got to be the weirdest shot I've seen towards the guy so far :lol:

It was perfectly understandable. What part did you not manage to get? The part where he's using a code word for one of their plays/shapes?

I didn't see the show so I'm just imagining Brooks hitting two rocks together attempting to get a message across to Maguire.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:
Been brought up a couple times now - this has got to be the weirdest shot I've seen towards the guy so far Image

I didn't see the show so I'm just imagining Brooks hitting two rocks together attempting to get a message across to Maguire.
He chiseled some symbols on slate to which Maguire responded

**** **** ****, **** **** ****

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

luffraider
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by luffraider »

Isn’t Brooks managed by Isaac Moses?

You know that Ricky and Don won’t go near him if that’s the case.

More likely option is titans
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

-TW- wrote: July 20, 2021, 12:13 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote:
Been brought up a couple times now - this has got to be the weirdest shot I've seen towards the guy so far Image

He chiseled some symbols on slate to which Maguire responded

**** **** ****, **** **** ****

:lol:
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

There’s 12 days left in NRL’s big roster scramble. Here’s who could make a deadline switch

Curtis Scott – Got himself into trouble yet again down in Canberra. Fool me once, fool me twice and all that. Matt Timoko and Seb Kris are ready for the permanent step up at his expense.

Ryan James – Has been linked with a move to the Broncos and they need experience in their pack following the exit of Matt Lodge. Home is the Gold Coast so it could be a good fit.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 17e98107fc

Scott and Ryan James mentioned as potential players looking for a switch before the deadline
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: July 20, 2021, 11:46 am

Actually on second thoughts he was quite intelligent in his thoughts and sounded fine. I watched it late last night on my half buggered phone and thought he was mumbling. I'm all on brooksy now as he's not as dumb as I though
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Canberra Milk wrote:I stayed out of the Brooks discussion for the most part because I thought it was just speculative... but now that there's a bit more smoke, I think I'd even prefer Milford...

Look he could do a job, like I said before. He *could* go up a level at a new club.... hmm I dunno. I have heard he's not the sharpest tool in the shed either
TBF, he’s a Rugby League player
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 20, 2021, 6:17 pm
Canberra Milk wrote:I stayed out of the Brooks discussion for the most part because I thought it was just speculative... but now that there's a bit more smoke, I think I'd even prefer Milford...

Look he could do a job, like I said before. He *could* go up a level at a new club.... hmm I dunno. I have heard he's not the sharpest tool in the shed either
TBF, he’s a Rugby League player
I mean listen to Jack- he's a well meaning bloke but not going to be an ABC journalist anytime ever.

Shillo absolutely stood out because he could simply speak in paragraphs, where the start alluded to the points to come and finished on the same topic, without a torrent of pure cliche.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

James Hooper just claimed on NRL 360 that the Wests Tigers recently called the Raiders proposing a player swap. Luke Brooks and Moses Mbye for Josh Hodgson and Jack Wighton.

‘Off the planet’: Ridiculous player swap offer that exposes failed Tigers recruitment

James Hooper has blasted the Tigers’ management for attempting to land Raiders stars Jack Wighton and Josh Hodgson in a ridiculous player swap with Luke Brooks and Moses Mbye.

“A Tigers official a couple of weeks ago picked up the phone and rang the Raiders and said what would you think if we gave you Luke Brooks and Moses Mbye and we will take Jack Wighton and Josh Hodgson?”

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ecee4fdc08
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Hooper on 360 saying that Tigers offered to swap Moses and Mymbe for Wighton and Hodgo…… hmmmm no thanks :roflmao
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Brooks not Moses - I was still laughing as I was typing
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

greeneyed wrote: July 20, 2021, 7:03 pm James Hooper just claimed on NRL 360 that the Wests Tigers recently called the Raiders proposing a player swap. Luke Brooks and Moses Mbye for Josh Hodgson and Jack Wighton.
Geez...... They have high thoughts of their players
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

greeneyed wrote: July 20, 2021, 7:03 pm James Hooper just claimed on NRL 360 that the Wests Tigers recently called the Raiders proposing a player swap. Luke Brooks and Moses Mbye for Josh Hodgson and Jack Wighton.
The same halfback dropped by Madge last year and said he didn't like Madge's coaching, but Madge replied how many finals have you been in ?

I did say Justin Pascoe did look and sounded like a goose last night.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

They **** WOT?
:lol: :lol:

Hey Penrith, have i got a **** deal for you... Sam Williams and Curtis Scott for Nathan Cleary and Charlie Staines?
What?? YOu dont like that deal?!!?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Botman wrote:
They **** WOT?
:lol: :lol:

Hey Penrith, have i got a **** deal for you... Sam Williams and Curtis Scott for Nathan Cleary and Charlie Staines?
Hello? You there? I think I’ve lost you..
Fixed
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The **** balls on those guys! :lol:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Hey Don it's JP how ya goin?

Hey listen got a deal for ya, I know you're in the market for a half. What about Hodgson and Wighton for Brooks and Mbye?

Don? You there mate?

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

They are pretty crazy when they shelved out $850,000 for Brooks, $800,000 for Mbye, $800,000 for Josh Reynolds, and $800,000 - 900,000 for Russell Packer. Also who can forget Chris McQueen on $700,000 playing reserve grade for 2 years.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Now we understand why the Eels were keen on Milford, immediately.

The hit that fractured Moses’ back... and why it could decide Milford’s fate: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 6df5387998
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: July 20, 2021, 7:28 pm Now we understand why the Eels were keen on Milford, immediately.

The hit that fractured Moses’ back... and why it could decide Milford’s fate: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 6df5387998
My teams QB suffered a similar injury and it completely derailed his career... different game and messed with his mechanics etc... but it's tough injury in a contact sport. Can really mess with your confidence in taking contact.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

greeneyed wrote: July 20, 2021, 7:28 pm Now we understand why the Eels were keen on Milford, immediately.

How well does he run through a banner though?
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Yeah sure, Wighton and Hodgson haven't been in great form this year but that offer is pretty insulting.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Crash Ball
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Crash Ball »

It’s like an offer you get on Gumtree.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Not sure if you'd believe anything Hooper says
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

radicalraider wrote: July 21, 2021, 8:36 am Not sure if you'd believe anything Hooper says
He at least has a higher strike rate than you
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Raiders666 wrote: July 21, 2021, 8:51 am
radicalraider wrote: July 21, 2021, 8:36 am Not sure if you'd believe anything Hooper says
Burn!!!!
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

chris83 wrote: July 21, 2021, 9:05 am
Raiders666 wrote: July 21, 2021, 8:51 am
Burn!!!!
Geez not signing Dufty has really hurt some of you :lol:
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I like this Tigers player swap strategy, it’s a genius idea on their behalf. If only we’d offered the Melbourne Storm to swap Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk for Buttriss and McCrone a decade ago.

I also wonder if the WestsTigers CEO would like to swap his Mercedes for my Mazda?
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Crash Ball wrote: July 21, 2021, 4:55 am It’s like an offer you get on Gumtree.
:lol: :lol: :lol: The ultimate low ball offer
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

What if they offered both for either Jack or Hodgson and you had to release one, who would u let go?