Post by simo »

Id still rather sj
Dont delete this GE
Dylan’s Raiders
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2021

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

Any interest in TPJ? Has been given to negotiate with other clubs for a release as early as this year (as stated on fox league).
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote: June 17, 2021, 8:29 pm Any interest in TPJ? Has been given to negotiate with other clubs for a release as early as this year (as stated on fox league).
Do we get him for the same as CHN? We really don't want both on our books in my opinion. There's room for one in your squad.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

We've got more than enough middles, thanks. We'd be fine even if Sia and Namis left with no external replacements.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I swear ill be the last man holding property on TPJ island... but yeah, id take a shot at him :lol:
Sia and Lui on the outers, Hors... eh... James a year away from being out... i know we got young guys who look good and we'd like to develop, but for the right price, i'd swing for the fences with him. I still (probably incorrectly) beleive if you could get the best out of him, you might have one of the best forwards in the game.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

TPJ on the way out, I take that to mean they're making room for Hodgo
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

tigers to announce him but I'm with botman

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Canberra Milk wrote: June 17, 2021, 8:55 pm TPJ on the way out, I take that to mean they're making room for Hodgo
Yes, that's exactly what they're doing imo
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

After Ricky told TPJ he would never play first grade, and flat out refused to pick him for first grade, to the point TPJ had to proactively sound out Uncle Wayne for an opportunity at the Donkeys, I can’t see him ever coming back here. Seems to be a rather petulant character.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

He came asking to return… then after more contract dollars.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Botman wrote: June 17, 2021, 8:50 pm I swear ill be the last man holding property on TPJ island... but yeah, id take a shot at him :lol:
Sia and Lui on the outers, Hors... eh... James a year away from being out... i know we got young guys who look good and we'd like to develop, but for the right price, i'd swing for the fences with him. I still (probably incorrectly) beleive if you could get the best out of him, you might have one of the best forwards in the game.
TPJ is an absolute gun with nobody pointing him in the right direction.

I'd absolutely take a punt on TPJ too, but I suspect Stuart stamped his papers as being lazy and easily distracted. The coach is right, so I doubt the stubborn bastard would ever go back there.
Last edited by Seiffert82 on June 17, 2021, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Good lord imagine how devastating tpj would be under the tutelage of papa and sia
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

TPJ … biggest myth.
He’ll fit right in at the Tagpies..
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Finchy wrote:After Ricky told TPJ he would never play first grade, and flat out refused to pick him for first grade, to the point TPJ had to proactively sound out Uncle Wayne for an opportunity at the Donkeys, I can’t see him ever coming back here. Seems to be a rather petulant character.
I think the story has been a little misreported to suit TPJ. Stuart was getting stuck into TPJ for not putting in enough effort on and off field. Ricky fires off at slackers, whether he thinks their NRL level or not. It’s likely as much a motivation technique as an actual opinion.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

BJ wrote: June 17, 2021, 9:32 pm
Finchy wrote:After Ricky told TPJ he would never play first grade, and flat out refused to pick him for first grade, to the point TPJ had to proactively sound out Uncle Wayne for an opportunity at the Donkeys, I can’t see him ever coming back here. Seems to be a rather petulant character.
I think the story has been a little misreported to suit TPJ. Stuart was getting stuck into TPJ for not putting in enough effort on and off field. Ricky fires off at slackers, whether he thinks their NRL level or not. It’s likely as much a motivation technique as an actual opinion.
I dare say you’re right, however, similar to the Leilua situation, once Ricky drops some truth bombs, those enigmatic types tend to want to spend the rest of their careers proving him wrong (often proving him right in the process) rather than owning up to their laziness and working under Ricky again
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Rumour on twitter Kodi Nikorima wants to stay in Australia

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

simo wrote: June 17, 2021, 7:01 pm Id still rather sj
Latest rumour has Johnson off to the bulldogs for 400k/season. he'd be great value here even if you had to pay an extra 100k or so to get him to Canberra.
-TW- wrote: June 17, 2021, 11:41 pm Rumour on twitter Kodi Nikorima wants to stay in Australia

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Yea this was rumoured months ago but then he took up his player option, must have just wanted some security before negotiating with another team, explains why the warriors are interested in Widdop. Nikorima's not what we need imo, only real strength is his running game which is very inconsistent
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Mid Season move confirmed date 1 august not 30 june

Edrick The Entertainer
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

David Riccio on SEN

Widdop, Lodge to Warriors mid season
Dufty to Raiders cooled off with Simmo preferred.

TPJ to One of Tigers, Dogs, Roosters most likely

Edrick The Entertainer
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 17, 2021, 9:04 pm
What a turn of phrase. Love it.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

MrPosh wrote: June 18, 2021, 7:33 am
Seiffert82 wrote: June 17, 2021, 9:04 pm
What a turn of phrase. Love it.
I’d only it were true.
He’s an absolute peanut that can’t take coaching criticism and learn how to perfect his game.
Making the same lazy mistakes today that he did 5 years ago…
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

bonehead wrote: June 18, 2021, 7:18 am David Riccio on SEN

We’ll if Simmo is the “preferred option” that says a lot about our recruitment and retention…

I mean, **** did we waste 7 weeks with Aekins?

I’m neither here or there on Dufty, I can see the pros and cons…but what worries me more is the scatter gun approach to recruitment we’re seeing playing out…

Here I was hoping the club had an actual plan.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

TPJ earned himself a reputation among clubs as being 100% dollar driven in his last contract talks (and having a very healthy sense of his own worth) ... he'll go wherever the money is.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

If TPJ is down to the Tigers, Dogs and Roosters, he should go to the roosters regardless of dollars.
playing under Robinson gives him the best chance to maximise his considerable talent and thus maximise his earning potential the rest of his career
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

GreenMachine wrote: June 18, 2021, 7:42 am

We’ll if Simmo is the “preferred option” that says a lot about our recruitment and retention…

I’m neither here or there on Dufty, I can see the pros and cons…but what worries me more is the scatter gun approach to recruitment we’re seeing playing out…

Where did you get the idea it's a scattergun recruitment approach?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Finchy wrote: June 17, 2021, 9:55 pm
BJ wrote: June 17, 2021, 9:32 pm
I dare say you’re right, however, similar to the Leilua situation, once Ricky drops some truth bombs, those enigmatic types tend to want to spend the rest of their careers proving him wrong (often proving him right in the process) rather than owning up to their laziness and working under Ricky again
I'd argue Leilua has proved him right, not wrong.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Botman wrote: June 18, 2021, 8:07 am If TPJ is down to the Tigers, Dogs and Roosters, he should go to the roosters regardless of dollars.
playing under Robinson gives him the best chance to maximise his considerable talent and thus maximise his earning potential the rest of his career
I don't think TPJ thinks that way. He seems to be of the school to believe his own talent and not that he needs much in the way of coaching. He'll take the easy dollars. Kind of the way he plays too.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote: June 17, 2021, 8:50 pm I swear ill be the last man holding property on TPJ island... but yeah, id take a shot at him :lol:
Yeah, I have to say of our current crop of middles, the only ones are "must keep" are Papalii, Tapine, Guler, Sutton and Young.

That means there's room for another.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

BadnMean wrote: June 18, 2021, 8:43 am
Botman wrote: June 18, 2021, 8:07 am If TPJ is down to the Tigers, Dogs and Roosters, he should go to the roosters regardless of dollars.
I don't think TPJ thinks that way. He seems to be of the school to believe his own talent and not that he needs much in the way of coaching. He'll take the easy dollars. Kind of the way he plays too.
Yep, that is the book on him
100% agree he'll take the money but he should just take a short 1-2 year deal at the roosters, knuckle down and let Robinson do his thing and then he'll be cashing in on a huge deal which would more than make up for the money he'd miss out by taking less over that period
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Northern Raider wrote: June 18, 2021, 8:10 am

If the reports are to be believed, Dufty was touring the facilities last week....tells me the club was serious in making him an offer...
This week we read that Simmo is the preferred option....Based on what? One performance against the hapless Broncos?
Last week we all had just about written off Simmo....and rightfully so based on his lack of attacking threat.....

Surely the coaching staff are seeing Simmo every day in training and have enough of an idea around what he could bring to the table as a fullback?

Then we hear Widdop....a 33 year old ESL retiree who isn't an organising halfback's pinky.....

And in the offseason we had James....a complete waste of time (nothing against the guy but he offered nothing that we needed)...

The more pertinent question is what makes you think it ISNT scattergun?

Where are you seeing a plan among this abstract mess?
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

The Nickman wrote: June 18, 2021, 9:04 am
Yeah, I have to say of our current crop of middles, the only ones are "must keep" are Papalii, Tapine, Guler, Sutton and Young.

That means there's room for another.
CHN and TPJ on the edges with Whitehead at lock.
Where do I sign up???
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

GreenMachine wrote: June 18, 2021, 9:23 am

If the reports are to be believed, Dufty was touring the facilities last week....tells me the club was serious in making him an offer...
This week we read that Simmo is the preferred option....Based on what? One performance against the hapless Broncos?
Last week we all had just about written off Simmo....and rightfully so based on his lack of attacking threat.....

Surely the coaching staff are seeing Simmo every day in training and have enough of an idea around what he could bring to the table as a fullback?

Then we hear Widdop....a 33 year old ESL retiree who isn't an organising halfback's pinky.....

And in the offseason we had James....a complete waste of time (nothing against the guy but he offered nothing that we needed)...

I'd take the diminutive Kodi or "turnstile" Brooks over "no shoulders" Widdop or "whens my next leg injury" SJ
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Kodi Nikorima would 100% be my choice out of that list of awful, awful options.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Media and fan speculation does not equal scattergun recruitment. If anything its the opposite and we're being over cautious.
SeeBee101
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by SeeBee101 »

Northern Raider wrote: June 18, 2021, 9:55 am

Media and fan speculation does not equal scattergun recruitment. If anything its the opposite and we're being over cautious.
We have no idea what we are doing. I'm still on the fence with Simmo. One game against the **** broncos means nothing. I'd still 100% get Dufty as its 90% looking like Hodgo will go to the Broncos :-(

Next year our attack will look pedestrian if we are left with a CNK, Williams, Wighton, Starling spine. At least Dufty could give some spark (either from 1 or 14).

Lastly, if rumours of Kodi are true, i'd definitely be going after him.